Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 06-27-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Wilson is a far more proven quarterback than Masoli was heading to Ole Miss and Ole Miss didn't have the offensive line and/or running attack that the Badgers possess

situations are not similar at all
exactly, and masoli always sucked as a passer while Wilson is proven. Not even close to being comparable.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:27 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So how about them Badgers!
Old 09-02-2011, 07:40 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
So how about them Badgers!
One of the best offenses in the nation...defense was a little shaky but the option approach out of the pistol can be a tough defense to defend, especially when you don't see it much

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 02:09 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, the last posts in this thread are questioning how Russell Wilson will do at UW...clearly time for a bump. I posted the following in the Big 10 thread, but hopefully we can kickstart the Badger discussion here too.

Questions for UW:

-Can Gary Andersen take the program to the next level (or at least maintain current level of success) and will he make any big changes to the style of play? Based on his press conferences he's making it sound like UW won't be getting away from the power running game that has been a staple, but some spread/option elements will likely be mixed in. Defense will be transitioning to a 3-4. I'm excited about these changes and really like GA and how he comes across as a genuine individual. He really seems like a coach that players love to play for and I'm very optimistically hoping for the best. We'll see.

-Who is the QB? Stave, Phillips, and Danny O'Brien have starting experience, RS Freshman Bart Houston is probably the highest rated QB recruit ever to come to UW and has impressed in practices, and juco recruit McEvoy is athletic and the only person brought in by the new staff. Houston is most talented of this bunch and my personal pick to start (so he's got that going for him, which is nice), but I could really see this being a relatively open 4 way battle royale between everybody except O'Brien. And who knows, maybe Danny will benefit from fresh eyes coaching. Can't be considered a strength of the team right now, but we have a lot of QBs and could be potentially a strength if somebody can step up. Also can't discount the possibility of multiple guys playing. I don't like this, but if we run some option looks, I could see different guys being used.

Those are the main questions. Other question marks that Badger fans have are: does the team have a 2nd WR on the roster that can take pressure off Abbrederis? Can the talented front 7 make up for an inexperienced secondary? How will Melvin Gordon and James White handle the load with Montee Ball gone?

Certainly more questions than answers right now, but I'm excited! Thoughts?
Old 03-16-2013, 06:02 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited about the Andersen hire and he is the right person for the job/school. I would say McEvoy has to be the favorite right now to be the starter and if I'm not mistaken, Curt Phillips was granted another year of eligibility so he would be the choice as well. Melvin Gordon is going to be an absolute stud.

Old 03-17-2013, 05:27 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I'm excited about the Andersen hire and he is the right person for the job/school. I would say McEvoy has to be the favorite right now to be the starter and if I'm not mistaken, Curt Phillips was granted another year of eligibility so he would be the choice as well. Melvin Gordon is going to be an absolute stud.
You are correct that Phillips will be on the team again this year and I think he might have an inside track on the starting job. He is certainly a gamer and can lead the team, but some his throws are tough to watch. The thing that holds me back about McEvoy is I believe that he won't be joining the team until Summer, so he'll be playing catch-up for a couple weeks as he learns the playbook and finds his place on the team. I'm holding out hope that Houston gets a shot as he has the best arm and is athletic enough to run a little bit of option as well.

I have high hopes for Gordon, too. He's definitely got the athletic ability, hopefully he can show more patience running between the tackles and he'll be a star.
Old 04-07-2013, 04:38 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

David Gilbert is done...

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-fo...040513aac.html

Sounds like too many foot injuries that haven't been able to heal. It's a shame because he was likely going to be counted on as the top pass rusher on the new defense. Hopefully one of the young guys can step up.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:03 AM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

Touchdown Seahawks... :(
Old 09-15-2013, 08:24 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

I'm still pissed