Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 04-03-2013, 03:12 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Daddy's Home GIF MOCK - Recognize Greatness

Explanations for every pick.

As always The GIFS represent how Im expecting the fan base of the team to take my projection. I put explanations next to each pick so if you disagree Im all for listening to criticism as long as its logical.

No Trades
Only 1 QB Taken

Enjoy ..And Respond before I snap with more gifs.

1. Kansas City Chiefs OT Luke Joeckel Texas A&M : It is what it is Chiefs fans. Its a non sexy #1 pick but you take him, and then Albert cant hold you guys ransom. If Albert leaves, he slides over to the LT in 2014.

2. Jacksonville Jags DT Sharrif Floyd Florida: This is kind of like the KC pick and just a very non sexy pick for Jags fans, but Floyd can play. You put this guy on the line and he will be a stalwart for 10+years. Jacksonville needs to start somewhere on defense and it starts with Floyd.

3. Oakland Raiders DE Dion Jordan Oregon: The raiders have some needs all over the place. Lets just be real here. Im going to go with their biggest need on the defense first though which is Pass Rush (similar to the bills). Dion Jordan can take their defense to the next level.

4. Philadelphia Eagles OT Eric Fisher Central Michigan : I dont think the Eagles trust Jason Peters to stay healthy for a whole season plus their line needs help either way.

5. Detroit Lions CB Dee Millner Alabama: Detroit had some really nice signings in the FA period so far. That being said, they still need that lockdown CB and Millner gives them that finally. Im not buying the hype that he is falling.

6. Cleveland Browns QB Geno Smith West Virginia: This is just a feel one for me. I like Weeden and I actually thought they made a good pick, but I dont think new regime is on board with him from what I read. As well all know, if you arent the coaches handpicked guy, things get sour a little quickly. So Im thinking QB here and Geno it is.

7. Arizona Cardinals OT Lane Johnson Oklahoma: They traded for Palmer. They probably could use some help on defense, but not as much as they need to fix that O-line. They take a guy who could easily be the best OT to come out of this draft.

8. Buffalo Bills OLB Jarvis Jones Georgia: I want Jarvis Jones. I think Jarvis is the best defensive player in this draft. Therefore, Im going selfish.

9. New York Jets OLB Barkevious Mingo LSU: Rex Ryan makes sure his defense is full of aggressive playmakers. If you look at the roster right now, the talent is rather dull for a Ryan defense. Mingo upgrades them, and gives him another toy to play with.

10. Tennessee Titans DE Ezekial Ansah BYU: Im going to be completely honest. I dont like Ansah. I think he is a project. When I watch even his HIGHLIGHT tapes, Im not that impressed. That being said, people love him and think he will be best pass rusher coming out of this draft so here you go Titans fans.

11. San Diego Chargers OG Chance Warmack Alabama: San Diego needs offensive line help. Preferably they would hope one of the top 3 tackles fell to them, but as you see that didnt happen. The next best thing? This beast named Warmack that will maul people to death.

12. Miami Dolphins - DT Star Lotulelei Utah: I make this pick for two reasons. Star is too good to pass up at this point in the draft, and secondly Miami technically needs him here as well. They took care of majority of their needs through FA. Starks is tagged, and they never seem too excited about Odrick. Star is their anchor for years to come.

13. Tampa Bay Bucs CB Xavier Rhodes FSU: Tampa Bay has 0 CBs. Coach Schiano loves big, physical play from his DBs. Insert Rhodes. Tampa you have a #1 CB.

14. Carolina Panthers S Kenny Vaccaro Texas: I think Vaccaro is by far the best safety in this class the more I watch his videos. He can cover the field, and is a solid tackler as well. Carolinas defense was putrid and they need to start over in the secondary. Vaccaro will be the QB of the defense.

15. New Orleans Saints- DE Bjoern Werner FSU: I literally piss off the Saints fans everytime in my mocks. Jarvis is off the board, Mingo is off the board. Werner is here and he is a damn good consolation prize for #15 and to improve your pass rush. A lot of people think he can play multiple defensive systems as well. So you take it and you love it!

16. St.Louis Rams WR Cordarrelle Patterson Tennessee: I am of the belief that Patterson is not worth a top 10 pick, but yet he is still the #1 WR on the board. He falls to #16 and the Rams happily skip to the podium to take him to be Bradfords #1.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers DE Damontre Moore Texas A&M: Similar to what I posted about the Saints a few picks up. Pittsburgh needs to get faster on defense, and they need the pass rush that makes their defense great. Moore is not a workout person as we all saw, but he makes plays when the lights turn on.

18. Dallas Cowboys OG Johnathon Cooper UNC : You guys just gave Mr.Romo 55mil guaranteed. You guys would like to protect that 55mil, and you do it with a beast on the inside named Cooper.

19. New York Giants DE Tank Carradine FSU: Im not sure how the Giants fans would feel about this. In my mind, Carradine is a safe pick and I expect him to enter the mid first round talk once he works out on April 20th and shows where he is in the recovery. Giants are at their best when their pass rush is going, and they need insurance in case Tuck continues to regress backwards.

20. Chicago Bears LB Kevin Minter LSU: I love Kevin Minter. I dont think DJ Williams is the same player he used to be, and I think Kevin Minter would fit your defense perfectly. You have your next stud LB to lead your defense for the next decade.

21. Cincinnati Bengals LB Alec Ogletree Georgia: Going back to my original pick for the Bengals. Olgetree is another player I thought was a difference maker during last years college season. If he showed teams in the interviews that his head is in the right place now, he could be going even higher than this with his talents.

22. St.Louis Rams OT DJ Fluker Alabama: Rams get their #1 WR with their 1st pick, and now it is time to get some much needed protection for Bradford. Fluker is a little slow footed but he will be a solid NFL pro just like he was at Bama.

23. Minnesota Vikings - DT Sheldon Richardson Mizzou: With the first of two picks here in the 1st, I see them not being able to pass up Richardson at this spot. He can be an anchor for their d-line, and make it treacherous to face like the old days.

24. Indianapolis Colts WR DeAndre Hopkins Clemson: He is my #1 ranked WR. I think he is a #1 WR waiting to happen in the NFL. People get down on his timed speed, but he is a natural playmaker that can run any route that is called upon. I know Indy just signed DHB but they still need the future replacement to Wayne.

25. Minnesota Vikings (Via Seattle) CB Desmond Trufant Washington : Basically since you guys signed Greg Jennings, Im thinking you guys go all defense with first two picks here. First you get Richardson for your front 7, now you add another talent in the secondary with Trufant. You let Winfield go so that is going to hurt, but adding Trufant with Cook will be a nice duo.

26. Houston Texans WR Keenan Allen Cal The Texans are pretty set on defense. I was tempted to go safety here like in my previous mock, but I feel like #2 WR ( Future replacement for Andre) is a more glaring need. After that, take into account that Allen is still available and it seems like a no brainer pick here for the Texans.

27. Green Bay Packers S - Johnathan Cyprien FIU The Green Bay defense has not been the same since the injury to Collins. They got a solid front 7 and they got solid CBs so what is missing?? Playmaking Safety thats what!! Cyprien is just a beast on tape and has impressed scouts all the way through this draft process. He takes their defense to the next level.

28. Denver Broncos DT Jonathon Hankins Ohio State Alright Denver Fans, your offense is stacked to the max so we got to go defense. Hankins is my favorite of the DTs left. You guys are missing something in that middle of that line, and Hankins is that something. Exciting?? No. Solid Pick?? Hell yes.

29. New England Patriots WR Tavon Austin West Virginia Im a big fan of Tavon. I understand him rising rapidly through the draft boards. In the end, I think he still falls due to his size to the end of the 1st rnd. And who does he fall to? The Fn Patriots and right into their offense. I hate you Tom Brady, I hate you so much.

30. Atlanta Falcons TE Tyler Eifert Notre Dame Im guessing this pick would not be popular with ATL fans because they still got Gonz for 1 more year, but the rest of the team seems strong and getting his replacement sooner rather than later isnt a bad idea.

31. San Francisco 49ers S Matt Elam Florida I struggled with which safety to go with on this pick. I like Eric Reid more personally, but I have a feeling Elam is higher on most teams boards. His hard hitting style should fit right in with that defense, but I fear for your pass coverage because Whitner + Elam = A lot of blown coverages. The gif represents the 49ers attitude towards everybody.

32. Baltimore Ravens OT Menelik Watson FSU Originally I had them going defense, but after looking at their FA pickups, I decided to go the other side of the ball. Menelik is a little raw but he can be a damn good OT in the NFL with all his intangibles. You just put your franchise on the back of Flacco, and he will be protected by 2 damn good OTs in Oher and Watson.

Are you not entertained? The End Suckas!

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see the Bengals passing on Tavon Austin if he is there. They rumored to be really high on him. They have worked him out, had him in for a visit and were at the West Virginia Pro Day.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:44 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the sf pick!
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:05 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just the worst possible Miami pick...

That being said, I almost pee'd myself at the SF gif.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
ChicagoBearsVet23
Veteran

ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChicagoBearsVet23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Minter is a reach. Give us Austin for sure.
ChicagoBearsVet23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:05 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeBrown133
Rookie

BuckeyeBrown133 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

There would be a lot of broken TV's in Cleveland. Plus, I don't think the staff in Cleveland is high on Smith anyway. The only rumors pinning Geno to the Browns are from mocks like these. Sadly in your scenario, both Jordan and Milliner are gone, in which case I think Cleveland either takes a gamble on another OLB prospect, or trades back.
BuckeyeBrown133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
BigBearFan
Rookie

BigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairBigBearFan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I agree with you on the fact that DJ Williams is not the LB that he once was and certainly is not a long term solution by any means....
Which I like the pick of Minter he is not my personal first LB that I would want for us (Arthur Brown) but I think he could make a really nice fit .
BigBearFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:00 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
27. Green Bay Packers S - Johnathan Cyprien FIU The Green Bay defense has not been the same since the injury to All-Pro Collins who was just entering his prime.

Cyprien is just a beast on tape and has impressed scouts all the way through this draft process. He takes their defense to the next level!
You hit the nail right on the head.
As the Steelers defense hasn't been the same without a healthy, fresh, prime Troy Polamalu back there, and the Ravens Ed Reed, the Packers without Collins has been a shell of its former self.

I've read up on and watched as much of Cyprien as I can. Collins was a small-school guy from Bethune Cookman.

I'm not sure if the GM & Coach believe in last year's surprise pick Jerron McMillian, safety. If they believe he has it, they won't take Cyprien here.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBearFan View Post
I agree with you on the fact that DJ Williams is not the LB that he once was and certainly is not a long term solution by any means....
Which I like the pick of Minter he is not my personal first LB that I would want for us (Arthur Brown) but I think he could make a really nice fit .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBearsVet23 View Post
Minter is a reach. Give us Austin for sure.

I understand both of you thinking Minter is a reach, but I truly feel he is the best ILB in this draft. Guy was the best player on LSU's defense this past season and the most consistent on a defense that was full of future NFL players.

I did think about WR for you guys, but I think the Bears need that slot guy more than anything and you could get some solid ones in the 2nd rnd, i.e. Robert Woods.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-05-2013, 10:52 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Just the worst possible Miami pick...

That being said, I almost pee'd myself at the SF gif.
If Star was there, you would take him and you would make him one of your own..and you would love him.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-05-2013, 10:53 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
You hit the nail right on the head.
As the Steelers defense hasn't been the same without a healthy, fresh, prime Troy Polamalu back there, and the Ravens Ed Reed, the Packers without Collins has been a shell of its former self.

I've read up on and watched as much of Cyprien as I can. Collins was a small-school guy from Bethune Cookman.

I'm not sure if the GM & Coach believe in last year's surprise pick Jerron McMillian, safety. If they believe he has it, they won't take Cyprien here.
I was thinking RB for a little, but I think Ted Thompson knows he needs that stud safety back there, and probably prefers not to take a RB high.

I'm not too familiar with McMillian.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-05-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
I don't see the Bengals passing on Tavon Austin if he is there. They rumored to be really high on him. They have worked him out, had him in for a visit and were at the West Virginia Pro Day.
I just feel like you guys need to keep improving your defense no matter who is on the board offensively in the 1st rnd.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-05-2013, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mingo or Ansah = good jets pick!
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:52 AM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tavon to the pats would be the sex. I love the GIF hahaha

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote