Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 03-19-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3 yr $4 mil avg. contract on the table for Reed, far less than the $7 mil he's asking for. At least this battle is between us and the cash-strapped Ravens... I'd love to see Ed in a Texans jersey.

So far my draft wishlist is any of these guys in the 1st:
Cordarrelle Patterson
Tavon Austin
DJ Fluker

Make it happen Texans
Old 03-20-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ed. So glad he ended up here.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh man. I think this is a great signing. He brings so many things this team has lacked. I still say that he has made a career of making plays on tipped balls. That is perfect for the Texicans. I just love it. Love, Love, Love it.

Onto the draft, where we draft a WR. Pretty exciting stuff.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:57 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So excited to see Ed Reed in a Texans jersey. The draft can't come soon enough.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:08 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone excited or have an idea what the texicans want or need in the draft?

Geez. we need more posters on here.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Dunta_23
Rookie

Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we need WR, S, DL, ILB....
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:34 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Seems like WR's are flying up boards. If we want Tavon or Cordarrelle we're gonna have to trade up. There's a lot of directions we can go. It's a bit harder to peg us this year since we're picking so late! Now that is something we're not used to...
Old 04-05-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Seems like WR's are flying up boards. If we want Tavon or Cordarrelle we're gonna have to trade up. There's a lot of directions we can go. It's a bit harder to peg us this year since we're picking so late! Now that is something we're not used to...
We really could go in any direction. I could see us going WR, TE, OL, DT, ILB, and Scott mentioned to watch out for a QB but I don't buy it with Schaub having so many years remaining on his contract.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:40 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

See, I think qb could not be a possible early selection. We also have Yates

As for safety, can't see that either. Why bring in Reed if u r gonna draft one now? We need to be making a run at the Super Bowl. We r so close.

Ilb is an option for sure. U can never go wrong drafting an OL, so I am down for that. But overall, I don't think anything is a needs like wr. When Andre is not in the game, we only throw to TE's. this needs to change.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:03 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade up for Tavon Austin. We can afford to trade our 3rd rounder because we've got a compensatory pick there.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Somebody want to take the Texans in the Forum Mock?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:02 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Somebody want to take the Texans in the Forum Mock?
I can, when is the forum mock?
Old 04-08-2013, 02:09 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Great news! It's gonna start this week!

PM me your cell phone number.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:21 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Pick John Jenkins for me. :)
Old 04-08-2013, 11:26 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
See, I think qb could not be a possible early selection. We also have Yates

As for safety, can't see that either. Why bring in Reed if u r gonna draft one now? We need to be making a run at the Super Bowl. We r so close.

Ilb is an option for sure. U can never go wrong drafting an OL, so I am down for that. But overall, I don't think anything is a needs like wr. When Andre is not in the game, we only throw to TE's. this needs to change.
I have been a big Eric Reid fan but he doesn't make sense anymore. I agree about that. There is no need for a safety first round pick. We could go Amerson in the 2nd round if we wanted someone to groom for the future. He is learning a new position and could use some time to learn behind one of the best to play safety. He could even be used as CB depth we had some injuries at that position.

I like Fluker and Minter and wouldn't mind those picks. You can never go wr

Last edited by jayceheathman : 04-08-2013 at 11:34 PM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:46 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

Dang it!!! I wanted to do the mock draft! Oh well, guess I didn't respond quick enough.

Well, I have been watching video on Scott's top seven receivers. I made some notes. Tell me what you think.

Cordarrelle Patterson-Very good in the open field. Do it all type of player. However, his top speed doesn't seem that fast. Quick more than fast. Good player. Reminds me of Tim Brown.

Tavon Austin-An absolute blazer. Very fast top end. Maybe faster than he timed, which was fast. Reminds me of Percy Harvin. May not have #1
WR potential.

Justin Hunter-Gets open. Not top end-fast. Not explosive. Routes not real precise. Hands are great. Reminds me of Roy Williams when he was actually trying his first few years. Slow but Fluid. Doesn't offer much in the open field. May have benefited from being on the same team as Patterson.

Keenan Allen-Not much in open field. Not much top end speed. Gets open. His team seem to throw to him when they needed to move the chains, which is promising. Reminds me of Andre Johnson without the top speed.

Deandre Hopkins-Will go across the middle. A real fighter. Tough. Will fight for the ball. Good concentration. No top gear. Very Fiery. Nice hands. Great on the slant route. Routes look good to me.

Terrance Williams-Will catch in traffic. Top end not very fast. Goes down quickly. Not a fighter. Makes acrobatic catches. Concentration is good. Its hard for me to like this player when he gives up so easy.

Robert Woods-Open field moves are good. Good in space. I like his route running ok. Nice hands. Will catch in traffic and will go up for the ball. Has some fire in his belly. Good possession WR. Strong hands. Will take it away from defenders. Doesn't go down easily. Not a very fast top gear.

Old 04-09-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Pick John Jenkins for me. :)
I'm a big Dawgs fan, but I'm not very impressed with John Jenkins. Out of that defense I think Ogletree will have the most success in the NFL. Jenkins is very athletic for his size, but he is the least powerful 340 pounder I've ever seen. Also on tape I just don't see the lateral agility that shows up in his workout numbers. Too many times the play goes right by him and he is unable to disengage and make a play. If we were to go to after a NT early, I much prefer Jesse Williams. There are some good NT prospects in this draft though and it's definitely a position we need to address early since there's not much depth behind Earl Mitchell.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

So which positions and players are you looking at in round one? I'm so jealous, and am dying to know who you are targeting in the forum draft.

P.S. Please don't draft John Jenkins. He looks too fat to move around and gets pushed back too often. Pick a WR, please...

Last edited by HEISMANHERSCHEL : 04-10-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

BPA all day.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

PM me any specific guys that you guys like, I appreciate the input. I'm gonna err on BPA in a manner that addresses our needs. But keep it to PM's don't want any other gm's snooping.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
So which positions and players are you looking at in round one? I'm so jealous, and am dying to know who you are targeting in the forum draft.

P.S. Please don't draft John Jenkins. He looks too fat to move around and gets pushed back too often. Pick a WR, please...
I guess I am the only one that is a big fan of his. At the least, he would take up space for JJ which never hurts at all. Cody had back surgery as well. I am just not a big fan of the top WR's as I have stated. I don't think they are first round material. I wouldn't be mad if we go that route since WR is our most obvious need. I like Scott's mock of getting the best WR available in round 2. For me, I like, Jenkins and Minter for defense or Eifert and Fluker on offense for round one. I am little mixed on Eifert. He is a great player but Daniels still has a few years left on his contract and he had a nice comeback year.

I will leave it on here since I am sure every GM in the mock draft knows we need WR. :)

Last edited by jayceheathman : 04-11-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:57 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm so jealous, and am dying to know who you are targeting in the forum draft.
I have done a couple of them the last few years and have been mixed so far. We wouldn't need a WR since a couple of years ago I was debating between JJ Watt and Julio Jones and ended up taking Jones. I picked Zeitler last year who played rather well. I can't be too proud though since I took Taylor Mays a few years ago and was so proud of my selection. haha

Last edited by jayceheathman : 04-11-2013 at 11:17 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:22 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

If I was in your position, I would pick Hankins, Eifert, or Minter with probably an edge to Hankins. I wouldn't reach on a WR with the top 4 gone already. OL are gone unless you take the risk on Watson.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Interesting. Someone doesn't have faith in JoJo being healthy or Jackson having another decent year.