Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-05-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iupati next and hopefully before the season starts. Boone has three more years and while he's only 25, he'll be 28 in three years so I think that the team will be able to keep him and the rest of the OL intact. Draft a stud center, release Goodwin and there you go.

Also, by this time next year, Jonathan Goodwin, Tarell Brown and Carlos Rogers will be off the books so we'll be able to extend Crabtree, Kaepernick and Iupati (if he isnt extended by then) next off-season. Must keep the offensive core intact as its become more important than the defense.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Also, by this time next year, Jonathan Goodwin, Tarell Brown and Carlos Rogers will be off the books
I hope not, I am a big fan of Tarell.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:43 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont mind Brown but he'll be 29 next off-season and I wouldnt pay him over the younger better players. Either way, have to wait and see what happens.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Iupati will be paid next over Crabs and he should be as he's more dominant at his position, has less of an ego and his representation likely has a better negotiation history than Crabs' does.
I already have a feeling the negotiations for Crabtree's next contract are going to be a pain.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
DaveD
Rookie

DaveD hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DaveD hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The team will be nasty next season
DaveD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I already have a feeling the negotiations for Crabtree's next contract are going to be a pain.

I'm not sure what would lead you to believe that....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:24 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally got to watch some tape of DJ Hayden.....WOW. Most impessive CB I've watched all year. His closing burst and anticipation is tremendous. His long speed is very evident and he tracks the ball like a young Ed Reed. Even made a impressive tackle on a kick return. I've just found my new draft crush. I know I'm getting thick on the hyperbole but I haven't been this impressed with a CB since Revis single-handely wrecked my UVA squad his sophmore year at Pitt. I would glady take this kid at 31. I think he's going to be special.

Also think ppl are severely underrating Jamar Taylor. Kid has the goods as well. But Hayden REALLY jumped off the screen for me.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Finally got to watch some tape of DJ Hayden.....WOW. Most impessive CB I've watched all year. His closing burst and anticipation is tremendous. His long speed is very evident and he tracks the ball like a young Ed Reed. Even made a impressive tackle on a kick return. I've just found my new draft crush. I know I'm getting thick on the hyperbole but I haven't been this impressed with a CB since Revis single-handely wrecked my UVA squad his sophmore year at Pitt. I would glady take this kid at 31. I think he's going to be special.

Also think ppl are severely underrating Jamar Taylor. Kid has the goods as well. But Hayden REALLY jumped off the screen for me.
I put his name out here as a surprise 1st round pick for the Niners a month ago. Glad someone else saw the film of him.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I hope not, I am a big fan of Tarell.
Because he played at Texas?

Quote:
Old 04-07-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
I put his name out here as a surprise 1st round pick for the Niners a month ago. Glad someone else saw the film of him.
Yea, that UCLA tape is impressive....if his medically checks out, I'm really hoping he's our guy@34. Still want Justin Hunter at 31.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 04-07-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

So what about Johnathan Hankins for this team? I know got Dorsey and plan to have him play nose in addition to resigning Ian Williams, but Hankins seems enticing. I would just love to stack talent on that defensive line. Smith, McDonald, Dorsey, Williams, and Hankins. Sweet.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 04-07-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Time to bring in Hammer and get this $*!+ done early this time!

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
So what about Johnathan Hankins for this team? I know got Dorsey and plan to have him play nose in addition to resigning Ian Williams, but Hankins seems enticing. I would just love to stack talent on that defensive line. Smith, McDonald, Dorsey, Williams, and Hankins. Sweet.
IMO, there are no "must have" pure NT prospect. There is no Vince Wilfork in this draft.....a guy who's big and strong but also athletic for his size. Honestly, wouldn't shock me if Baalke didn't even draft the position. I doubt it but it would make sense. Our NT last year played 30% of the snaps. That's not a position of value to waste a draft pick on. Now if your looking for a guy that could play some nose and be serviceable, but who's main asset is pushing the pocket yea but I see Hankins as purely a space-eating, 2 gap NT. We need 5-Techs that cause disruption in a one-gap scheme, but still be big and strong enough to anchor in the base set. That should be our main focus on draft day, not a NT.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 04-08-2013 at 06:26 AM.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Sorry guys for the off topic post but I have two questions and one of you guys should know this -

1) What was our cap room at the start of last season?

2) What was our cap room when FA started excluding the players we released, signed, extended, re-signed and players who took paycuts but includes the Smith trade which should have given us some extra cap room?

Thanks.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's an updated list of our picks after the Colt McCoy trade:

1) #31- Round 1
2) #34- Round 2 (Thanks Alex)
3) #61- Round 2
4) #74- Round 3 (From Panthers)
5) #93- Round 3
6) #128- Round 4
7) #131- Round 4 (Comp)
8) #157- Round 5 (From Colts)
9) #175- Round 6 (From Cleveland)
10) #180- Round 6 (From Dolphins)
11) #227- Round 7 (Thanks Taylor Mays)
12) #246- Round 7 (Comp)
13) #252- Round 7 (Comp)

Quote:
Old 04-07-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Wouldnt be surprised if we end up trading #31 or #34 for a 2014 first rounder if a player that another team who drafts in the top ten of round two wants to move up for.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Wouldnt be surprised if we end up trading #31 or #34 for a 2014 first rounder if a player that another team who drafts in the top ten of round two wants to move up for.
I don't see how trading 31(already a 1st round pick) or 34(damn close) for a 2014 1st is that good of a deal for us. You never know where a team will finish, for all we know the pick could be #32 overall next year. The team trading for our 31 or 34 would have to sweeten the pot pretty good. The #62 pick is a different story however, I'd take a 2014 1st straight up for # 62!

Quote:

Last edited by Shupp : 04-07-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
I don't see how trading 31(already a 1st round pick) or 34(damn close) for a 2014 1st is that good of a deal for us. You never know where a team will finish, for all we know the pick could be #32 overall next year if that was the case. The team trading for our 31 or 34 would have to sweeten the pot pretty good. The #62 pick is a different story however, I'd take a 2014 1st straight up for # 62!
It would be a good deal because look at the teams that draft in the top ten of round two. That team would have to win the Super Bowl in order for us to have a lower pick than this year and chances are that in would be a top 20 pick and if we get lucky, a top ten draft pick next year. Also, if the majority of players that Baalke/Harbaugh want at 31 are already gone but a player who another team thats drafting in the top ten of round two wants is available at 31, I would definitely make that trade because like I said, the only way that pick is equal or worse is if that team at least gets to the Super Bowl.

Look at the top ten teams in round two -

JAX, (SF), PHI, DET, CIN, ARZ, NYJ, TEN, BUF and MIA.

Out of those teams, the only team that I can see making the Super Bowl would be the Bengals. None of the other teams have the QB and/or talent and depth to get there. You can eliminate ARZ since they're a division rival but at 31, if for example, say Barkley falls or another QB that maybe the NYJ or BUF would want, they would trade up in order to leap frog JAX. Not likely but draft time, anything and everything is possible.

Dont see any team trading a 2014 first rounder for #62. I would be happy but shocked if that actually happens.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:37 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Baalke's got prime real estate in rounds two and three. I can see him trading out of 31 because he has a pick, three spots later. But it would have to be a rape in our favor to get him to trade back out those spots in rounds two and three, rounds where Baalke has done some of his best work from a draft persepctive.

31 - Justin Hunter
34 - DJ Hayden
62 - Barrett Jones

That's what I want.

Also Lawrence Okoye's story is very intriguing. And his numbers from the Super Regional were eye-popping. He's seems like that disruptive force at DE that I have been asking for. And I like that he's former rugby player. World class athlete but definte project, having never played football but we have enough picks to take a gamble. Heard he has some private workouts scheduled for a few teams. Hope we're one of them.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
It would be a good deal because look at the teams that draft in the top ten of round two. That team would have to win the Super Bowl in order for us to have a lower pick than this year and chances are that in would be a top 20 pick and if we get lucky, a top ten draft pick next year. Also, if the majority of players that Baalke/Harbaugh want at 31 are already gone but a player who another team thats drafting in the top ten of round two wants is available at 31, I would definitely make that trade because like I said, the only way that pick is equal or worse is if that team at least gets to the Super Bowl.

Look at the top ten teams in round two -

JAX, (SF), PHI, DET, CIN, ARZ, NYJ, TEN, BUF and MIA.

Out of those teams, the only team that I can see making the Super Bowl would be the Bengals. None of the other teams have the QB and/or talent and depth to get there. You can eliminate ARZ since they're a division rival but at 31, if for example, say Barkley falls or another QB that maybe the NYJ or BUF would want, they would trade up in order to leap frog JAX. Not likely but draft time, anything and everything is possible.

Dont see any team trading a 2014 first rounder for #62. I would be happy but shocked if that actually happens.
#62 is still a 2nd rounder and a 2nd rounder is still commonly traded for a 1st rounder the next year and a sweetener.

If paying with 2013 capital for instance, a 2nd rounder could cost a lower 2nd rounder of the same year and a 3rd or 4th of the same year, depending of course how far apart the two 2nd round picks are.

If paying with future capital that same 2nd rounder could easily cost next years 1st rounder and this years 3rd or 4th. Since #62 is a lower 1st rounder I could see the sweetener being done away with and being traded for a future 1st, straight up.

Quote:
Old 04-08-2013, 02:32 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't been that into the draft this year and as a result time has flown by. Hard to believe we're les than 3 weeks away from draft day. Although tbh I am more waiting for week 1...5 months away.

Also, random thought. But we've lost so many tenured 49ers this offseason. Walker, Alex, Goldson, Sopoaga...all had at least 6 years of service. RJF (4) and Ginn (3) too. Losing 6 players with at least 3 years of service on the team in one offseason is actually some significant change. Not that I think it's bad or good, but game day is going to look different with some new faces at these positions.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:03 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post

Also, random thought. But we've lost so many tenured 49ers this offseason. Walker, Alex, Goldson, Sopoaga...all had at least 6 years of service. RJF (4) and Ginn (3) too. Losing 6 players with at least 3 years of service on the team in one offseason is actually some significant change. Not that I think it's bad or good, but game day is going to look different with some new faces at these positions.
But all except Goldson and Walker were role players/back-ups. We'll miss those two definitely. The rest, meh not so much...
Old 04-08-2013, 03:32 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I never get into the draft that much. Way too much hype. A lot of these guys are getting their time to shine now and we won't hear much about them in a couple of years if they don't pan out. Funny how the entire dynamic works.

That being said, what do you folks think about Robert Woods from USC? The 49ers took Jenkins last year and we don't spread it out that often, so I doubt we go wide receiver high, but you never know. Right now I'm banking on Hankins or Vaccaro via trading up.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 04-08-2013 at 03:36 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

updated mock draft

1) #31- Round 1 - desmond trufant : cb
2) #34- Round 2 - jonathan cyprien : s
3) #61- Round 2 slyvester williams : dt
4) #74- Round 3 (From Panthers) jordan reed : te
5) #93- Round 3 david queensberry : c
6) #128- Round 4 da'rick rogers : wr
7) #131- Round 4 (Comp) mike gillislee : rb
8) #157- Round 5 (From Colts) nico johnson : ilb
9) #164- Round 5 rod sweeting : cb
10) #180- Round 6 (From Dolphins) monteri hughes - nt
11) #227- Round 7 (taylor mays deal ) jordan mills : ot
12) #237- Round 7 garrett gilkey : g
13) #246- Round 7 (Comp) david bass : de
14) #252- Round 7 (Comp) dustin hopkins : k
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because he played at Texas?
If anything, that would be a reason to hate him. If I have failed to make it clear I attended rival Texas A&M, then I have failed as an Aggie.

That said, I just like Tarell because I feel as though he's been a solid corner for us and seems to keep his starting spot, despite the challengers brought in by the team, which is always a good sign.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote