Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 04-07-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol. He is not falling to 10 unless he rapes someone.

He's absolutely good enough to play 2-gap and that's only on first and second down.

He will rush the passer from the inside on third down better than any DT in this class. It's a passing league.

Again, the OVERWHELMING consensus is that he's the best defensive prospect in the draft and a top-3 pick.

The chances of him falling are so slim that there's no reason to speculate about it. He's rock solid and has had no question marks or any negative opinions on him.

The best players in the draft typically go at the top, regardless of position. And he's the consensus best defensive player.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:13 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Just PMed you, I'll take them.
If you feel like having a co-GM let me/D know, if not no big deal. Don't mind sitting this one out if you'd like to take care of it on your own.
derza222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
lol. He is not falling to 10 unless he rapes someone.

He's absolutely good enough to play 2-gap and that's only on first and second down.

He will rush the passer from the inside on third down better than any DT in this class. It's a passing league.

Again, the OVERWHELMING consensus is that he's the best defensive prospect in the draft and a top-3 pick.

The chances of him falling are so slim that there's no reason to speculate about it. He's rock solid and has had no question marks or any negative opinions on him.

The best players in the draft typically go at the top, regardless of position. And he's the consensus best defensive player.
Did you miss the part where I said I expect someone to trade up to 5 or 6 to draft him if he's still on the board or did you just ignore that?
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
If you feel like having a co-GM let me/D know, if not no big deal. Don't mind sitting this one out if you'd like to take care of it on your own.
Yeah I got this don't worry about it =D looking forward to it havent done one of these yet
Old 04-08-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So if they get 13.

If they take, say, Mingo at 9. Eifert at 13? Maybe Patterson or Austin? Or Lacy?
Old 04-08-2013, 06:09 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.

If they get 13, then Tavon Austin needs to be one of those picks in my opinion. He is instant offense for a team in dire need of playmakers and we would regret not taking him. My best case scenario would be something like Mingo/Jones at 9 (I'm big on Jones despite the combine and workouts. It's all about the tape for me.), Austin at 13, and Ertz or Lacy in the 2nd.
msolimani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I agree with your opinion on Austin.

But I just can't trust them to make that decision because they have so many holes and one of the few positions on the roster they like is slot WR...
Old 04-08-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Austin I like a lot, but from a team building perspective it's easy to make an argument that Patterson makes more sense if they think they can develop him (which is a huge if). Obviously Patterson is more of a raw player, but right now they Jets go three deep alright at WR with Holmes - Kerley - Hill. So Patterson has time to develop as the 4th WR, and is more of a prototypical guy at the position. The immediate impact Austin is going to make may not make as much of a difference to the Jets, who probably view this season as pretty much lost already. In fact I can almost spin the immediate impact as a negative provided they don't draft a QB this year since he'll be helping a QB who's gone and improving a team that likely is building for 2014/2015 right now moreso than 2013 and they'll want a high draft pick to go QB in 2014. A bit of a stretch, but still. And as gpngc noted, slot WR should be good for a while with Kerley. I'd imagine Hill-Patterson-Kerley looks better long-term than Hill-Austin-Kerley.

I honestly have no clue what in the world they want 13 for. Maybe they make a surprise QB pick. I wouldn't be disappointed if Idzik just wants it because it's more valuable than anything else they'll get and moves it to a team in exchange for a 2 and a future 1 or something. The WR's only make so much sense because the roster is pretty good there. The OLB value should drop off by then. Eifert I really like, but how much does Mornhinwig's offense prioritize the TE? Enough that they couldn't make do with one of Kelce/Escobar/McDonald in the third round? I don't really think so. Maybe they go guard/DB. I have no clue.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Yuck I didn't even think about the QB at 13.

Also, Idzik comes from Seattle where Schneider traded down every single year.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

If they don't trade back id go Mingo at 9 and Vaccaro at 13. If milliner is there at 9 I'd go milliner an Jarvis probably. Lots of possibilities but I wouldn't use either pick on Tavon Austin that's for sure.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
So if they get 13.

If they take, say, Mingo at 9. Eifert at 13? Maybe Patterson or Austin? Or Lacy?
Lacy at 13? What are you smoking, send me some lol
Old 04-08-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Yeah, the little we've heard about what exactly they're going to do makes me somewhat concerned about them coming out of left field and drafting Manuel or something. That said I'm sure Idzik realizes this is a horrible situation for a rookie QB for a multitude of reasons, so hopefully we pass. This year at least.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Lacy's a really good prospect. 13 may be a little high but maybe he'd be a target on a trade-down. There are no flaws in his game and he's a truck.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Lacy's a really good prospect. 13 may be a little high but maybe he'd be a target on a trade-down. There are no flaws in his game and he's a truck.
He has a good chance of being there at 39, no thanks on taking him if we move down, I'd rather have Eifert at 19-21 or so.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

To each his own. I really like Lacy. And most likely he's not going to be there at 39. There are too many teams that need a RB this year.

I think he'd immediately be the best player on the offense...

Whereas Eifert's success will be dependent on the performance of Sanchez or Garrard.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
To each his own. I really like Lacy. And most likely he's not going to be there at 39. There are too many teams that need a RB this year.

I think he'd immediately be the best player on the offense...

Whereas Eifert's success will be dependent on the performance of Sanchez or Garrard.
Too many teams need a RB? It's like the Packers and Rams and thats it, and I don't see either team taking him in the 1st and neither picks in the 2nd before 39 so where do you see him going?

To clarify, I do have the Rams moving up to 36 to take the Lions' pick to draft Lacy, but that's assuming theres a trade up. With no trade up, I think he's for sure there at 39.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.

I love Kerley but if he was the reason we didn't take Austin then that would be a huge mistake. Especially with this team being all about competition now. I think having both Kerley and Austin would be a luxury on the inside that not many teams have and would be a rare strength for the offense. Austin isn't just a slot WR either. He has pro bowl talent in the special teams department, can move all over the field, and is a matchup nightmare. I imagine Mornhinweg could get creative with those two. This is all assuming we get #13 from Tampa.

As for Lacy I think he will somewhere in between Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson but would be a great pick in the 2nd round, but I don't think he lasts to 39.
msolimani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Too many teams need a RB? It's like the Packers and Rams and thats it, and I don't see either team taking him in the 1st and neither picks in the 2nd before 39 so where do you see him going?

To clarify, I do have the Rams moving up to 36 to take the Lions' pick to draft Lacy, but that's assuming theres a trade up. With no trade up, I think he's for sure there at 39.
The Bengals, Broncos, Cowboys, Jaguars, Cardinals, Raiders, Chargers, and Colts could all draft a RB fairly high.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
The Bengals, Broncos, Cowboys, Jaguars, Cardinals, Raiders, Chargers, and Colts could all draft a RB fairly high.
Want to bet that none of those teams take one in the 1st? The Broncos are the only one of the whole group that could maybe pick Lacy in the 1st and only because their pick is 28 and they have so few holes everywhere else, and I still think they'll go D-Line or secondary.

I wouldn't say RB is a big need for the Cowboys or Raiders, they need a situational short yardarge / goal line / change-of-pace back which would mean day 3, maybe 3rd round.

Bengals have a bruiser back in BJGE, so Lacy would not make much sense, they're targetting a Bernard, Randle, or Ellington type, same with the Cardinals and Mendenhall.

That leaves the Jags, Colts, and Chargers, who have so many holes everywhere else that I just don't see them taking a RB until at least the late 2nd. Probably 3rd round+ though. The Colts also have some promise from Vick Ballard, I should know I owned him in fantasy and watched him a lot, he's definitely earned a shot to be an every down back in 2013.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

In the forum mock I've engineered a plan B Revis trade since the bucs owner decided against trading. I'm shipping Revis and our 2nd rounder to the Eagles for #4 and their first 7th round pick (210). It's a risky play, I admit, since there's basically no one worth that pick that we could use, so I'm relying on trading back (maybe twice) to accumulate the picks I would've gotten from Tampa. Regardless its an interesting scenario and it'll be fun to see how it plays out. Ideally I'll trade the 4 to Miami for their 12 and a 2nd, then trade the 12 to Dallas or Minnesota so the net result would be the 18th/19th pick and a 2nd-3rd rounder (and moving back a few spots in the 2nd from giving up our 2nd but gaining miami's 2nd) and a 7th rounder for Revis.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:42 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Will be interesting to see how it works out. I'm thinking/hoping that's Idzik's plan if they get 13. Move down for additional day 2 picks, possibly get a 2014 first out of it.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

I signed Stephen Peterman and Shaun Phillips in the forum mock free agency, so now I need to desperately get out of 4 AND 9 lol, will probably get trade raped in the process, but I don't really want anyone until like 13-14 for Vaccaro. Ideally I end up with something like 13 and 19 and get Vaccaro and Eifert. Will probably end up with a lot of 3rds and 4ths to shore up the depth issues at most positions.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I signed Stephen Peterman and Shaun Phillips in the forum mock free agency, so now I need to desperately get out of 4 AND 9 lol, will probably get trade raped in the process, but I don't really want anyone until like 13-14 for Vaccaro. Ideally I end up with something like 13 and 19 and get Vaccaro and Eifert. Will probably end up with a lot of 3rds and 4ths to shore up the depth issues at most positions.
I'm thinking your cap room may be a little tight!!

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
I'm thinking your cap room may be a little tight!!
How so? We're 12mil under right now. Peterman was a veterans minimum and Phillips was 2mil. No sweat.

Anyway, the draft got f'ed up because midway through D-Unit decided to say trades have to be close to the value chart and vetoed my trade of Star to the Vikings for their 23rd pick, 3rd and 5th picks. I wouldn't have taken Star if I knew he'd be so strict against trades. Oh well, looks like we're switching to a 4-3 guys! I did end up with Vaccaro too so that D is going to be sick. Just wish I was able to trade back twice so I couldve gotten Eifert at 23 instead of Star and have 4 3rd round picks.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Starting to do some research on some of these unknown likely UDFA players the Jets have met with, some are pretty intriguing, if anyone knows anything about these guys post it I'm curious to know.

Anthony Amos, WR, Middle Tennessee State
Armonty Bryant, DL, East Central Oklahoma
Alex Carder%, QB, Western Michigan
Mike Catapano, DL, Princeton
Matt Furstenburg, TE, Maryland
Courtney Gardner, WR, Sierra
Jakar Hamilton, DB, South Carolina State
Duron Harmon, DB, Rutgers
D.C. Jefferson, TE, Rutgers
Brandon Jones, DB, Rutgers
Kendial Lawrence, RB, Missouri
Josh Martin, OLB, Columbia
Miguel Maysonet, RB, Stony Brook
Kevin McDermott, LS, UCLA
Chris Pantale, TE, Boston College
Gilbert Pena, DT, Ole Miss
Ryan Spadola, WR, Lehigh
Kayvon Webster, CB, South Florida
Duke Williams, DB, Nevada
Nick Williams, WR, Connecticut

The most interesting to me are Maysonet, Catapano, and Gardner.

I watched some tape on Maysonet earlier in the year and was really impressed and felt that he could be the next Alfred Morris, would be surprised if he went undrafted, think the Jets should use a 6th on him if he's there, great runner but will obviously need to work on pass pro and catching.

Catapano has gotten some buzz for being a really athletic pass rusher who's been under the radar but recently he went from NFLDraftScout's late 300s ranked player all the way up to low 200s with a 6-7th round grade, so obviously his stock is on the rise.

Gardner I just found out about yesterday and did some googling and found out he's a JUCO player who declared early, and there is some tape of him on youtube (however its against JUCO competition so not sure what to read into any of it). He seems like he'd for sure be a great special teamer, as he has some great blocking skills and rare movement, and good size (6'3 200+ lbs). Will almost surely go undrafted, will be an interesting project if we land him.