Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 03-29-2013, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
Apparently the Seahawks have an "imminent" deal in place, to trade Flynn to an unknown team right now. Oakland has had the most recent rumors in connection to this. But I don't think you can rule the Jets out with Idzik's Seattle ties. Word is that he could be had for a 6th round pick. Anyone heard more on this? Haters on this? Or good deal for the Jets?
Yeah, it's probably Oakland.

A 6th for Flynn would be a good deal, but I don't want to go down that road. I'd rather just play out this year with what we have, and start fresh next year with Teddy Bridgewater.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

High cap number. Wouldn't mind rolling the dice terribly, but I say pass. Bring in Kolb for no draft pick and probably less money if you want some more mediocre guys in the competition.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Yeah, it's probably Oakland.

A 6th for Flynn would be a good deal, but I don't want to go down that road. I'd rather just play out this year with what we have, and start fresh next year with Teddy Bridgewater.

Looks like Oakland. I don't want the Jets to go down that road either. Same for Kolb. The idea of Bridgewater is another reason why the Jets trade of Revis to TB for picks next year should be something to pounce on. If the rumored deal is true.
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
Looks like Oakland. I don't want the Jets to go down that road either. Same for Kolb. The idea of Bridgewater is another reason why the Jets trade of Revis to TB for picks next year should be something to pounce on. If the rumored deal is true.
I highly doubt that Tampa will be in the running for a top 5 pick next draft, but I do like the 1st round of next years draft better so I'm hoping Izdik finally caves and takes their 2014 1st rounder for Revis. In a division with the Saints and the Falcons I can't imagine it will be worse than pick 20, probably around 12-16 range, which I'd rather have next year's 15th than this years 12th personally. We'd be in a prime position to get a WR to replace the inevitably outgoing Holmes, like Sammy Watkins, and hopefully we stink enough this year to land Bridgewater. This draft and next years draft will go a long way towards solidifying us as a contender in years to come. Exciting times.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:47 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets bringing in another potential starting guard in Stephen Peterman for a visit. If they sign him that would be interesting as it'd push guard to a mid-round need at best, and end the guard at 9 talk which is just silly IMO. Not a star but certainly better than what's presently on the roster. Would be comfortable with him, Colon, Schlauderaff, Ducasse, and potentially a draft pick battling it out for two spots.

Which brings up the point that I really like how competition based the roster seems like it will be this year and going forward. No more gifting guys jobs, which I never liked. Making players earn their spots is going to bring out the best in everyone.

Also read that Idzik is trying to compile some comp picks, which sounds intelligent to me. Part of why I think they've targeted some guys who were cut instead of signed as FA's.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Also read that Idzik is trying to compile some comp picks, which sounds intelligent to me. Part of why I think they've targeted some guys who were cut instead of signed as FA's.
I read this also, and it certainly isn't a bad strategy, especially given the cap situation that he was brought into. If we can get a few extra picks in 2014 it only helps our leverage in moving around the board. Sounds like we will have double digits (potentially), which would be awesome.

Fingers crossed.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
I read this also, and it certainly isn't a bad strategy, especially given the cap situation that he was brought into. If we can get a few extra picks in 2014 it only helps our leverage in moving around the board. Sounds like we will have double digits (potentially), which would be awesome.

Fingers crossed.
We're set up for 3-4 picks right now. Not sure if Bell's contract is the veterans minimum. Slauson apparently signed for slightly above minimum so he qualifies. So it's:

Lost: Landry, Keller, Devito, Greene, Slauson
Hopefully Moore signs for over minimum

Signed: Goodson, Barnes
Colon was released, Garay is veterans minimum (also think he was cut too but w/e), the remaining FAs I've heard are Dawan Landry and Peterman who were both cut

So we should end up with all 4 picks assuming Moore signs somewhere, which should be a 4th, 2 5ths, and a 5th-6th (3.3m annually for Greene is borderline could be either one). Not bad for a bunch of scraps, although losing Landry sucks.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure if you guys have seen it yet, but what are the thoughts for the below?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nt-a-lot-more/

I'm not sure what the Jets are asking for. Clearly they think the Bucs are head-over-heals for Revis and they can play this out. I am VERY interested to see how this whole thing plays out (assumign all the talk is true - either 13th overall in 2013 or 1st and 2nd in 2014).

Pretty wild.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.

Seems like Idzik is doing a nice job of slow playing this one. I think we need to be careful not to play it too slow since Tampa Bay is the only rumored team with serious interest. That said I think if we could manage 13th overall and some conditional picks next year that would be a nice haul for this current Revis situation.
msolimani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I still kind of would prefer a 2 this year and a 1 this year because I'm not sure what in the world they want with 13. On the other hand if Idzik thinks he can move down from 13 for additional picks and possibly pick up a 2014 first in the process I'd be all for that.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want the 2014 picks. The middle of the 1st round this year does not excite me at all. Maybe the 2014 first, 2013 2nd, and something else in the middle rounds this year?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-08-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
I still kind of would prefer a 2 this year and a 1 this year because I'm not sure what in the world they want with 13. On the other hand if Idzik thinks he can move down from 13 for additional picks and possibly pick up a 2014 first in the process I'd be all for that.
Kenny Vaccaro. I'd also expect a trade back from 9 or 13 as well, we may end up with 10-12 picks when it's all said and done. We have 0 depth and we have no starters at several positions so we need all the picks we can get.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Kenny Vaccaro. I'd also expect a trade back from 9 or 13 as well, we may end up with 10-12 picks when it's all said and done. We have 0 depth and we have no starters at several positions so we need all the picks we can get.
I don't know about Vaccaro in the first. I feel that Elam or Reid are much, much better values in the 2nd. I mean if we do end up with 2 1st round picks this year, I can see Vaccaro being one of the picks. I just don't think it would be a slam dunk pick.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-08-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
I don't know about Vaccaro in the first. I feel that Elam or Reid are much, much better values in the 2nd. I mean if we do end up with 2 1st round picks this year, I can see Vaccaro being one of the picks. I just don't think it would be a slam dunk pick.
If I'm the Jets, Cyprien is a better fit with his ability to play closer to line but also be an asset in pass coverage. He's a more dynamic player.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
If I'm the Jets, Cyprien is a better fit with his ability to play closer to line but also be an asset in pass coverage. He's a more dynamic player.
Agreed. If they can move down a bit from 13 he would make sense. That said, going OLB/S with two first round picks with as bad as the offense is...not so sure how good an idea that is.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
100% disagree! Cyprien must play in a system that rushes 4 most of the time. He is better as a zone safety. He is a terrible fit in the Jets blitz heavy scheme. I wanted Cyprien as well until I watched his tape and saw he had 0 man coverage skills. Vaccaro or Reid would be better fits.
Old 04-08-2013, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Agreed. If they can move down a bit from 13 he would make sense. That said, going OLB/S with two first round picks with as bad as the offense is...not so sure how good an idea that is.
If we move back from 13, Eifert is the pick. There aren't any offensive players at positions of need worth the 9 or 13th pick though. No RBs, no TEs and the one wr is a slot guy which we don't need since we have Kerley. I'd love for them to address the offense, but the value isn't there
Old 04-08-2013, 07:40 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
100% disagree! Cyprien must play in a system that rushes 4 most of the time. He is better as a zone safety. He is a terrible fit in the Jets blitz heavy scheme. I wanted Cyprien as well until I watched his tape and saw he had 0 man coverage skills. Vaccaro or Reid would be better fits.
I don't see that with Cyprien. Does he need to work on coverage? I won't argue that (and I agree his better fit is likely in a zone coverage), but to say he has zero man coverage ability is too extreme. Reid's coverage abilities are a big concern with me and I don't see how he is way better in that category. For me, Reid is one of the most overrated players in the draft.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
I don't see that with Cyprien. Does he need to work on coverage? I won't argue that (and I agree his better fit is likely in a zone coverage), but to say he has zero man coverage ability is too extreme. Reid's coverage abilities are a big concern with me and I don't see how he is way better in that category. For me, Reid is one of the most overrated players in the draft.
Reid has the best pursuit angles and is the best tackler of the safeties in this class and I don't even think its close. As far as in the box safeties go, Reid is still #1 IMO. I like Vaccaro as a FS in the Jets scheme, he seems versatile enough but I'm not sure I like him as an in the box type. The best tape on Cyprien is when he's in zone in pass coverage. His pursuit angles and tackling is beyond servicable. I'm not denying that he's a good safety prospect, just don't think he'd fit in well in the Jets scheme.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:28 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

In terms of safety play, man coverage ability is something that would be a positive trait. But the Jets haven't exactly had stellar man coverage from their safeties the last few years. Not sure how long they'll be running their current scheme either.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Speaking of safeties, jets signed Dawan Landry! So now we just need a FS (maybe vaccaro at 13 or Reid at 39) and were set there.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Speaking of safeties, jets signed Dawan Landry! So now we just need a FS (maybe vaccaro at 13 or Reid at 39) and were set there.
I am very happy too.

Take a safety like Rambo in round 3, tell Rambo, A. Allan and Bush that a starting safety spot is up for grabs and let the competition commence.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Yeah I'm thrilled with the Landry signing. My personal preference would be DJ Swearinger in the third. Shamarko Thomas could work as well.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Dawan Landry is a great signing. He's a rock solid SS. If we're able to draft a center field FS, I would be very comfortable with the secondary post Revis.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-09-2013, 01:33 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know.

They need a starting ******* FS. That's still a crazy need. Because of that I think Swearinger might be in play at 39.

Hm.

39 might be a hotspot to trade down from.......
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote