Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-09-2013, 11:56 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rashad & Confidence - The Element of Surprise

is a f'ing classic

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:04 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dessa doesn't really, cleanly fit any genre. I think it's hip-hop. This dropped today...

Old 04-10-2013, 01:40 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cudi's song with Kdot was really underwhelming so I'm in no rush to listen to indicudi. The name of the album alone annoys me, Cudi has fell off my radar a long time ago, his annoying gimpy singing is getting old.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
BucSquad
Veteran

BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BucSquad is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New KRIT! King Remembered In Time.
BucSquad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:08 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
cudi's song with Kdot was really underwhelming so I'm in no rush to listen to indicudi. The name of the album alone annoys me, Cudi has fell off my radar a long time ago, his annoying gimpy singing is getting old.
I liked his song with Kendrick, didn't love it.

His songs have all sounded the same since MOTM 2.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucSquad View Post
New KRIT! King Remembered In Time.
yea buddy!

Old 04-15-2013, 03:09 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oldie but goodie.

Old 04-19-2013, 09:44 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nineteen years later: 10 Ways Nas's "Illmatic" Changed Hip-Hop

Quote:
Time is illmatic. Nas's debut album Illmatic is the crown jewel of the mid-'90s classics that still define the genre. Unlike Biggie's Ready to Die or Jay-Z's Reasonable Doubt, which were released in its wake, Illmatic was the game-changer that forever transformed the landscape of East Coast hip-hop. Not only did it establish Nas as the Best Rapper Alive for 1994. it raised the stakes for hip-hop production, lyrical technique, content, and overall artistic ambition. As the album's first single announced off top: “It ain’t hard to tell, I excel then prevail.”

Over the last nineteen years, the taut ten-track meditation on the universal struggle of a young man growing up in the Queensbridge Houses has remained resonant and relevant. It was just as likely to be bought on cassette or vinyl as it was on CD, and it revolutionized hip-hop in a way not seen since Run-DMC's seminal debut. On the 19th anniversary of Illmatic, we recount the ways Nasty Nas blew the frame off its hinges.
The song "N.Y. State of Mind" is included in The Norton Anthology of African American Literature.

Last edited by WCH : 04-20-2013 at 09:51 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:42 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just heard this on 99jamz on the way home....What the....

Do they just play anything now a days...

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:58 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Just heard this on 99jamz on the way home....What the....

Do they just play anything now a days...
They obviously don't care how much a song glamorizes illegal drug use, that's for sure.

I wonder how many idiotic, can'-t-think-for-themselves kids start using Molly's now, or take too make Molly's simply because of this song.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You mean kids don't already smoke and drink because of songs?!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes kids will make so many Molly's now. Just like after Biggie talked about crack's kids took to making crack's

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's true. I like to make gun sounds with my mouth because of Waka.

*Pew Pew*
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*rick ross 'ugh'*

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

You jest... I am a counselor in a secure facility for high-risk juveniles. The these kids ABSOLUTELY DO try to live what they hear in these songs.

I didn't used to believe it, either. What I took for granted was that I was raised with structure and got an education. Many of the ones that don't, mirror the trends they believe to be cool.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:50 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to side with Phlysac on this one. Between Trinidad James yelling "pop a molly, I'm sweating" and a song like that from Tyga - there is a good bet more kids will get into Molly than if they had not heard the songs.

That being said - They play anything with a good beat.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-23-2013, 12:57 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're an idiot if you think that media doesn't make young people more inclined to experiment with drugs (illegal or legal).

Also, I'm amazed that it took this long for molly to go mainstream.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:59 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
You're an idiot if you think that media doesn't make young people more inclined to experiment with drugs (illegal or legal).

Also, I'm amazed that it took this long for molly to go mainstream.
Are you.....Molly?

Or your bird...that thing still creeps me out.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-23-2013, 01:02 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Are you.....Molly?

Or your bird...that thing still creeps me out.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:17 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

When I was in high school, the big song soph or junior year was "Get Low" with the YingYang Twins....

so instead of popping mollys.....we were just trying to skeet skeet skeet due to their lyrics......

Weird how that works....

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-23-2013, 01:34 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
You jest... I am a counselor in a secure facility for high-risk juveniles. The these kids ABSOLUTELY DO try to live what they hear in these songs.

I didn't used to believe it, either. What I took for granted was that I was raised with structure and got an education. Many of the ones that don't, mirror the trends they believe to be cool.
Then that's the fault of their ****** parents, not the music.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Then that's the fault of their ****** parents, not the music.
Feel free to show me where I blamed the music.

Would YOU know what a molly was if not for hip-hop?

The impact music, in general, but hip-hop specifically, has on culture is far more profound than many of us realize. You can blame parents all day long but that won't change the fact that the child is using hip-hop as his/her baby-sitter.

Last edited by phlysac : 04-23-2013 at 09:30 AM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

But let's get back to the talent...

Old 04-23-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The majority of people my age that smoke weed are only doing it because it's 'cool' and because of how much certain artists go on about it. It's not something i've seen as the parents fault. They can't watch their kid 24/7, what are they meant to do?

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 04-23-2013 at 11:09 AM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

Molly has been pretty big in the techno/raver/electronic music scene for at least six years. They were pretty brazen about it too.

Like I said, I'm a little I bit surprised that rappers are just now discovering it.

Last edited by WCH : 04-23-2013 at 02:00 PM.