Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-08-2013, 10:29 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
Looks awesome! I will probably just read in the thread, unless I have some questions, seeing as I am not very good at the x's and o's of football yet. But I am eager to learn, and I love reading your breakdowns and your discussions with BBD and other guys who know what they're looking at! Thank you for taking the time to upload all that stuff on this page!
Thanks buddy. Yeah, BBD had a good idea to create a new thread for it. I uploaded 1 break down. I have 5 more. I will do the defensive SB 42 breakdown. I am sure BBD will like that. After all that, I was thinking of uploading the defensive section of my offensive binder notes.

I just hope imageshack, doesn't do what photobucket did, and screw with the bandwidth.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SB 42 Giants vs Pats
Our DEFENSE vs Pats Offense
Uploaded
Old 04-09-2013, 04:41 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

For BBD

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com...&thread=469359
Old 04-09-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Very nice, thanks NYG
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is that your stuff? wow
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:31 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Is that your stuff? wow
Yup. That's probably one of the most popular Giants MB there is. I post there a lot, and here. So I posted that today, put the link here for BBD because I added a lot of defensive stuff that might give him a boner.

I also added that game break down to the Xs and Os thread in this section.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yup. That's probably one of the most popular Giants MB there is. I post there a lot, and here. So I posted that today, put the link here for BBD because I added a lot of defensive stuff that might give him a boner.

I also added that game break down to the Xs and Os thread in this section.
Gave me a boner too! Except that was wayyyyyy beyond what my eyes could handle. Almost went into a mini-seizure! lol

Mad respect Mr.!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Thanks man. Yeah it's not for the faint of heart. I figured that's what BBD likes. But that's what I enjoy as well. It's a good football topic and a useful one. To me that's a real and fun football discussion.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Next one on coverages. That should be more interesting, I would think, since as I said that's what holds everything together.....
Do you have this post also?

And can you explain the following?

Quote:
I'm not going to go into details on how he used his personnel to stop the run, because he really used very basic 4-3 philosophies to do so....1 gap control up front, spill, force cutback if you're the force. Simple as that.
LBs are my biggest weakness.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:06 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Do you have this post also?

And can you explain the following?

LBs are my biggest weakness.

I will have to look. We lost contact and I haven't spoken to him for 5-6 years. In that below quote it means spill over using the LB and force the the RB to cut and bounce and the force in the play makes the play or makes the RB cut and meanwhile players rally.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just shows me how little I know about the game. To me run defense was you have a gap (or 2), and you defend that gap(s). Never really knew about run defense strategies. I just thought it was as simple as gap assignment.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Just shows me how little I know about the game. To me run defense was you have a gap (or 2), and you defend that gap(s). Never really knew about run defense strategies. I just thought it was as simple as gap assignment.
You gotta remember that the NFL doesn't just get more complicated for you DBs, but for us DL to.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:49 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:

My friend David, who in lost touch with, is really fun to talk football with. He is a baller in terms of everything defense. we would email back and forth. We would pick a formation and I'd show how is attack it and he would defend it. And it was a chess game on how then offense would beat then defense. That was a good memory because wed get into heated discussions on how I could take adv. of the front and coverage and he blitz and send people while hiding coverages.

You would have loved to read his defensive stuff. He does what I do but for the defense which was always good to read. he helped me out together my Defensive ID section for my notes and binders.

In fact, that post was for you and anothrr friend on BBI. I actually put your name on there and realized your not on BBI so erased it.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My friend David, who in lost touch with, is really fun to talk football with. He is a baller in terms of everything defense. we would email back and forth. We would pick a formation and I'd show how is attack it and he would defend it. And it was a chess game on how then offense would beat then defense. That was a good memory because wed get into heated discussions on how I could take adv. of the front and coverage and he blitz and send people while hiding coverages.

You would have loved to read his defensive stuff. He does what I do but for the defense which was always good to read. he helped me out together my Defensive ID section for my notes and binders.

In fact, that post was for you and anothrr friend on BBI. I actually put your name on there and realized your not on BBI so erased it.
Yeah I haven't gotten a chance to check it out yet but I definitely will. Thanks man, keep this stuff coming, we all love it.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed, I've still got those PDFs NYG sent me 3-4 years ago saved on my comp. Always cool to add more to those folders.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah I haven't gotten a chance to check it out yet but I definitely will. Thanks man, keep this stuff coming, we all love it.

I will now that I have access to all my notes and stuff again. Now the remaining is offensive stuff of ours. I had quit doing it because I got busy and hard to use the TV view. However, if coaches tape is released like it has been then I can do this really quickly because of the various camera views.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Agreed, I've still got those PDFs NYG sent me 3-4 years ago saved on my comp. Always cool to add more to those folders.

That's right! I had forgot about that. People emailed me for PDFs, coaches forms to document stuff, and playbooks.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I will now that I have access to all my notes and stuff again. Now the remaining is offensive stuff of ours. I had quit doing it because I got busy and hard to use the TV view. However, if coaches tape is released like it has been then I can do this really quickly because of the various camera views.
You know fans can get the all 22 through NFL.com now right? It's like 70 bucks a year.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:08 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
You know fans can get the all 22 through NFL.com now right? It's like 70 bucks a year.
Yeah I heard about all that. But if I get into med school or do the PA prerequisites then I don't have time to watch all that and pay that. A friend in the niners forum sent me a link on YouTube. Someone is posting the videos and had the SF and Giants regular season game last season where we won. So a ransom game like that I can use and do a breakdown or at least map some basic stuff out.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Saban has commented on several teams contacting him with how to defend the read option.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...option-advice/

The Giants have contacted a college team with how to defend the read option.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:02 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

It is good to see Manning working out with Nicks, Cruz and Murphy at Duke.

Eli is working with coach Cutliffe on improving his mechanics

Looks like Nicks is progressing well in his recovery and great to see Murphy getting reps with Eli and the passing scheme,

http://www.giants101.com/2013/04/10/...ssing-academy/

I would have liked to see Myers and Robinson there as well
Old 04-11-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Why the **** isn't Randle with him? Someone grab his ass and drive him to Duke.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good question. Randle needs the most work of those guys, he should be there for sure.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They only took 3 guys each. Murphy needs more work with Eli right now than Randle.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uhhh, Murphy is a one year stop gap. Randle could, theoretically, be our #1 receiver after next year. Pretty sure he needs the work more.