Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-14-2013, 03:42 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Lots of improvement IMO. Hitting seems a lot easier. All new camera angles in the game along with controls. Also a first person camera showing your HR or hit/where the ball goes. An all new manual catching button(L2) Lets you actually catch ground balls and what not before you throw it. Tons of improvement IMO. Those are just a hand full of stuff off the top of my head. Oh there is also a new way to watch the game in a feature where you see whats going on the field with both line ups on the side then ball field in the middle with live action report.
I was so hooked on Road to the show as a closer I never even done anything else. How about off season stuff in the mode?

I got farcry 3 over the weekend and its a good game. So far im enjoying it a good story to go along with a first person shooter with lots of stuff to do.

splat u bought the DLC for sleeping dogs yet?
Old 03-14-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
splat u bought the DLC for sleeping dogs yet?
No. I haven't got any of the DLC. I'm hoping they do some kinda of bundle deal down the road.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:54 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
So, I'm sure this has been discussed here already and might be a dumb question, but the Mass Effect Trilogy is $59 on Amazon...should I get it?

It seems like the type of game I would enjoy, I need to probably watch some videos on gameplay and such. What other games does it compare to? I'm a big fan of open-ish world games that allow you to collect ****, customize, and basically spend hours off the main story (like Bioshock, Fallout, Assassin's Creed, etc.) just screwing around.
I havent played the first game, but the bundle is worth it and the sci-fi type open world games (sorta open world) aren't my cup of tea. But its worth it and I loved the 2nd one and you will get alot of hours of the game. I thought 2 was the best and I easily spent over 20 hours on the game and I havea short attention span
Old 03-17-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys. RE4 is now just $20 on PSN. Should I get it? I've been longing for some nostalgic FPS play.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RE4 ruled. I never got very far in it, but it ruled.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you have the spare cash for nobody I would get RE4 good solid game for that price.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:07 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
RE4 ruled. I never got very far in it, but it ruled.
C'mon Saddam, you have to finish it.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:41 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I downloaded Ghosts N Goblins, this game is so hard.. I hate myself for doing this to.. myself..

Old 03-20-2013, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I downloaded Ghosts N Goblins, this game is so hard.. I hate myself for doing this to.. myself..
Yeah, that's some old school hard.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:03 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

I forgot how bad the controls were for RE 4. No side step? Seriously?

But I bought the game. And I'm loving the trip down memory lane.

It's scary some of the things I remember from playing it 5 years ago.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 03-25-2013, 01:51 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping the RE Anthology is released for PC.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2013/...tales_rema ke

D-D-D-Danger, watch behind you.

Quote:
In an announcement that’s sure to prompt a heartfelt "woo-hoo" from some of you, Capcom has announced that it is teaming up with Disney and WayForward to bring DuckTales: Remastered to the PlayStation Network this summer. The title – which was revealed during a PAX East panel earlier today – promises a “gorgeous update” of the NES classic, all delivered in a format that you won’t have to blow furiously to boot.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Demon’s Souls coming to US PS+ tomorrow! :)
Old 04-01-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Duck tails bring back good memories also I bought one of sleeping dogs story dlc for 3$
Old 04-01-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I bought Bioshock Infinite today.. haven't played either of the first two Bioshock games. Hopefully I'm not too far out of the loop.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I bought Bioshock Infinite today.. haven't played either of the first two Bioshock games. Hopefully I'm not too far out of the loop.
You don't need to have played the other two. It's a separate storyline (I believe it starts up around the same time as the first Bioshock. I'm only about a quarter of the way through, and it's just freaking awesome.

I'd only played a little bit of the first Bioshock before I picked this up. Bioshock 1 is going to the top of my backlog after this.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat vs Demon's Souls

Round one goes to Demon's Souls...
Old 04-03-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a dilemma. After 6 good years the disk drive on my PS3 has decided to fail. I can still play games I've downloaded through PSN but it will not read actual hard copies, movies and games alike.

I was gonna just wait it out once I heard the PS4 was coming out but for reasons I cannot fathom, that system will not be backwards compatable . I have a great collection of PS3 games and selling them along with whatever I can get for my old system just doesn't seem worth it to me.

My ideal plan would be to wait until the prices for the PS3 inevitably drop with the arrival of the next gen systems, but Sony hasn't hinted at that yet and it could take a while for it to happen.

So I'm left with either trying to send in my system for repair or buy a brand new model. Any suggestions? Especially anyone who has dealt with Sonys repair services in the past.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:30 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sony has awesome customer service maybe if you can explain your situation they can help you out. When my ps3 failed on me I gave them a call and they told me to send it in the next day they after I sent my out they sent me a refurbished ps3 as a replacement.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Backwards compatibility isn't some magical setting. It costs additional money per console. As much as I would love it, it's reasonable for them not to have it.

Price drop I'd imagine would come closer to the release of PS4.

If it's just a disc drive, it shouldn't be hard to replace. My friend replaced his own. If you aren't that technical, you may be able to bring it to some local pc/console repair shop for rather cheap.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Splat vs Demon's Souls

Round one goes to Demon's Souls...
Splat takes round two.

This game is a beast...
Old 04-04-2013, 09:22 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Backwards compatibility isn't some magical setting. It costs additional money per console. As much as I would love it, it's reasonable for them not to have it.

Price drop I'd imagine would come closer to the release of PS4.

If it's just a disc drive, it shouldn't be hard to replace. My friend replaced his own. If you aren't that technical, you may be able to bring it to some local pc/console repair shop for rather cheap.
Yeah, but (full) backwards compatibility is why I have my First Gen. PS3. It's the best.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Just picked this up today. It was on-sale I saved $30.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

There is a Borderlands sale on PSN right now. You can get both games for $30 if you have PS+ you get both for $20.

I think some of the DLC is on sale as well.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I just got around to playing Arkham City finally. What a f'ing game. Love open world games like that. Other than Assassin's Creed, what other open world games are out there that I should play?