Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-10-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

interesting that all of the steelers beat writers say sanders wont be resigned but ed werder of espn is saying that he fully expects the steelers to resign manny

me thinks no one has an idea

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All i know is patterson is becoming dreamier and dreamier by the minute
Old 04-10-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wouldnt hate it - i like it actually but i would love hunter in the 2nd + someone else in the first more

Old 04-10-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

imagine how different the offense would look if they take patterson 1 and keenan allen 2
Old 04-10-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

you mean to tell me you dont want cotchery lined up as our x?

imagine the possibilities!

Old 04-10-2013, 12:03 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
interesting that all of the steelers beat writers say sanders wont be resigned but ed werder of espn is saying that he fully expects the steelers to resign manny

me thinks no one has an idea
They wasted no time in removing him from the roster

http://www.steelers.com/team/depth-chart.html

http://www.steelers.com/team/roster.html
Old 04-10-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

dayum - dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya

Old 04-10-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lmao i think that's a pretty good indicator
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i wouldnt hate it - i like it actually but i would love hunter in the 2nd + someone else in the first more
I don't think Hunter is going to be there in the second. I'd like Hunter too, but everywhere I see he's being projected late first, early second.

I think if Patterson is there, he's the guy. Question is, will he be there at 17 or are they going to have to move up to get him? And with the growing amount of holes this team has, is he worth moving up for, or do you try and trade back to land someone like a Justin Hunter and acquire more picks?

Definitely the most volatile draft Pittsburgh has had in quite some time.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think E Sanders gone means we for sure take wr #1 and another in 4 or 5!
I'm happy with the xtra 3rd too, we need it
Old 04-10-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about Tavon Austin in 1 and Justin Hunter in 2?

Beastly.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

that would be ok with me, but just adding austin would be a real disappointment to me without hunter
Old 04-10-2013, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
that would be ok with me, but just adding austin would be a real disappointment to me without hunter
Oh for sure, i wouldnt want another sub 6' wideout...but with Hunter it would be more than acceptable.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

What about one of the Tennessee WR in the first and someone like Stedman Bailey in 3rd/4th, or Terrance Williams in 2nd/3rd?
Old 04-10-2013, 01:54 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

just read on twitter from lance zerlein (good source) that patterson has been bombing his personal interviews with teams and will likely slide to possibly the late first / early 2nd round

take it for what its worth tho

Old 04-10-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

sounds like a smoke screen

he is dumb though
Old 04-10-2013, 02:17 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

trade back and take eifert in the first / and move up to take hunter in the 2nd?

Old 04-10-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Steeler Depot is saying that EDoucet is available as a potential FA signing. What do you guys think of him compared to Breaston? I remember a few of us liked him coming out of college. Also another Haley deciple.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:21 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

i like early, wonder how he got that name?

and manny's offer is only for 2.5 mil - which allows many to assume we will now keep him

Old 04-10-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
i like early, wonder how he got that name?

and manny's offer is only for 2.5 mil - which allows many to assume we will now keep him
sounds more like the will thank the patriots for the 3rd round pick and added cap space...if they wanted sanders they could have tendered him higher.

this is like kinda exciting, you dont see this happen often let alone to the steelers. THe biggest move the steelers made this offseason: watching the patriots sign sanders...lol
Old 04-10-2013, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I take the pick and run. Good move. Saves room and we have more picks to play with.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

even at 2.5 mil they are still going to have to release someone like cotchery or redman, or restructure someone like Troy, Ike or Heath which I don't see happening. I think he's a Pat and we get an extra pick to play with.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:35 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

I've always like Mannys speed and ability to get open, but his drops and fumbles drive me crazy. I would rather get the xtra 3rd rounder, pick up 2 wrs that we'll have for 4 years. Cocthery and Buress can be good teachers for the rookies.

Or sign Doucet and draft a wr high. I think what sways me in the direction of letting him go to the Pats is the xtra 3rd round pick.

and like KTrain said, this is the most exciting thing to happen to us in the off season in a long time!
Old 04-11-2013, 07:53 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

someone posted this on SA...trade down with SF for 31 and their 3rd...would be a pretty incredible draft

#31 - Keenan Allen , WR , Cal

#48 - David Amerson , FS , NC State

#74 - Phillip Thomas , SS , Fresno State

#79 - Brain Schwenke , C , Cal

#91 - Aaron Dobson , WR , Marshall

#93 - Travis Kelce , TE , Cinci

#115 - Tyrann Mathieu , CB , LSU

#150 - Gerald Hodges , ILB , Penn State

#186 - Brandon Hepburn , ILB , Flordia A&M

#206 - Latavius Murray , RB , UCF

#223 - Jayson DiManche , OLB , Southern Illinois
Old 04-11-2013, 08:31 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

yeah that would be a sweet ace draft