Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-23-2007, 08:47 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Stupidest/Worst Play Ever

Since we have a "Greatest Play Ever" I thought we could have the worst/ stupidest plays ever. Mine is:

With less than 10 seconds left on the clock, and the Browns clinging to a 3937 lead, Chiefs quarterback Trent Green dropped back to pass, but the entire Browns defensive line swarmed him and it appeared to be a game winning sack. However, Green tossed the ball to tackle John Tait just before he went down. Unfortunately, Rudd was the only player who did not see this, and after getting up, took off and threw his helmet in the air in celebration, thinking Green was sacked and the game was over. Tait rumbled to the Browns 25-yard line where he was knocked out of bounds. That would have been the end of the game there, but Rudd's premature helmet toss drew the Browns an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty which moved the ball to the 13 yard line (half the distance to the goal), and since football games, by rule, can not end on a defensive penalty, Chiefs kicker Morten Andersen booted a 30-yard field goal with no time left, to win the game 4039.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:50 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
Since we have a "Greatest Play Ever" I thought we could have the worst/ stupidest plays ever. Mine is:

With less than 10 seconds left on the clock, and the Browns clinging to a 3937 lead, Chiefs quarterback Trent Green dropped back to pass, but the entire Browns defensive line swarmed him and it appeared to be a game winning sack. However, Green tossed the ball to tackle John Tait just before he went down. Unfortunately, Rudd was the only player who did not see this, and after getting up, took off and threw his helmet in the air in celebration, thinking Green was sacked and the game was over. Tait rumbled to the Browns 25-yard line where he was knocked out of bounds. That would have been the end of the game there, but Rudd's premature helmet toss drew the Browns an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty which moved the ball to the 13 yard line (half the distance to the goal), and since football games, by rule, can not end on a defensive penalty, Chiefs kicker Morten Andersen booted a 30-yard field goal with no time left, to win the game 4039.
Off the top of my head, because it happened against San Diego, Aaron Brooks with the Saints throwing the ball backwards when the pressur was coming in on him. Not sure of the year, but I sure remember it was a pretty stupid play.
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:53 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh... That was a bull **** call, Rudd thought it was a sack (barely wasn't) it's not his fault that an o-lineman rumbled for 30-40 yards after it, it was just bad luck.

Stupidest player (with 2 plays) ever would have to be that guy from the Cowboys d-line that messed up the kick and then celebrated and fumbled before the goal line, funny stuff.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Brooks backward pass.....seriously....I don't know if anything can top that.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:57 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post

Sounds like Cleveland to me.....but for me the dumbest was Plaxico Burress celebrating by spliking a live ball.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:57 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Aaron Brooks backward pass.....seriously....I don't know if anything can top that.
LOL what about the guy that ran the wrong way into the endzone then threw the ball over his shoulder and then realized he ran to the wrong endzone.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 08:58 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
LOL what about the guy that ran the wrong way into the endzone then threw the ball over his shoulder and then realized he ran to the wrong endzone.
Did that really happen? I don't remember that, lol. That would take the cake.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:59 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
Sounds like Cleveland to me.....but for me the dumbest was Plaxico Burress celebrating by spliking a live ball.
Hey Vincent Jackson did that this year too....he got away with it though...thank god.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't Brooks try to throw it to an offensive linemen to avoid being sacked?
Old 04-23-2007, 09:10 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Didn't Brooks try to throw it to an offensive linemen to avoid being sacked?
It's hard to imaigne what was going through his mind at the time...but that would have been my best guess...in hindsight it wasn't a great decision.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:21 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I recall a clip from decades ago where someone did run to the wrong endzone on defense. It may have even been before the AFL merge, not sure. Nothing can really top that though.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:34 AM    (permalink
bennybee38
Rookie

bennybee38 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

leon lett is a dumb mutha trucka
bennybee38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:36 AM    (permalink
therock6000
Veteran

therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.

Leon Lett slowing down before the goal line and getting the ball stripped by don beebe in the SB...or Lett's Thanksgiving disaster...

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was rollin' with Omarosa in a 1987 LeSabre
therock6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Jagonsucker
Rookie

Jagonsucker needs more cowbell.

I remember when the Lions were in the playoffs 12 or 13 years ago and Scott Mitchell was at QB. He was attempting to lead the team to a 4th quarter comeback. It was 3rd down, he completed a little 2 yard pass (making it 4th down) and he ran up to the line to spike the ball to stop the clock. Turnover on downs.
Jagonsucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 09:46 AM    (permalink
G-Starr
Rookie

G-Starr hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well, from last year, the first thing that comes to mind is when Kiwanuka (NYG) let go of Vince Young and he continued to ran and got a 1st down. I understand he didn't want to get a penalty, and it shows the effect of the ridiculous QB penalties. Nonetheless, pretty stupid.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Aftermath of The River City Relay...
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah the second I saw this thread the only thing I could think about were Aaron Brooks plays.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:09 AM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Yeah the second I saw this thread the only thing I could think about were Aaron Brooks plays.
Well at least he left his mark on the game then...something people will remember him by..
Old 04-23-2007, 11:24 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think jim marshall was the defensive player that returned a fumble to the wrong endzone
Old 04-23-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

plummer throwing an interception with his left hand

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:32 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This happend in the old days but it was the 49ers vs another team and the player on the other team got the ball and ran it to his own endzone which made it a touchback.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd say Lamont Thompson buying a pump fake in the open field by Keenan McCardell that was hilarious.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would say when Ty Detmer headbutted the wall and was out for the year that was the dumbest s**t ive ever seen.

Also a couple years ago when Desmond Howard was on the Lions, he had just come back from a neck injury and had just returned a kickoff for a TD and he ran to the sidelines Robert Porcher ran up behind him and slapped him really hard on the helmet and strained his neck. He was out for the rest of the year, i think that can be blamed simply on Lions karma though

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmitty45 View Post
I would say when Ty Detmer headbutted the wall and was out for the year that was the dumbest s**t ive ever seen.

Also a couple years ago when Desmond Howard was on the Lions, he had just come back from a neck injury and had just returned a kickoff for a TD and he ran to the sidelines Robert Porcher ran up behind him and slapped him really hard on the helmet and strained his neck. He was out for the rest of the year, i think that can be blamed simply on Lions karma though
I think it was Gus Frerotte from the skins.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost View Post
I'd say Lamont Thompson buying a pump fake in the open field by Keenan McCardell that was hilarious.
That's definitely one of the worst more recent plays. IIRC, the San Diego crowd actually started laughing.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote