Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-Pro

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sheldon Richardson doesn't address a need. It's not as simple as needing a defensive tackle, we need a lane-clogging, blocker-absorbing big man, which Richardson unquestionably is not. Dwan is a decent UT whereas we have little to nothing at NT. Our pass rush is fine as it is, our run defense is pretty bad, rolling out two UT's is simply not the answer to our problems.

We've worked out basically every possible first round receiver (plus a few later round guys), whereas we've done nothing with Richardson. The writing seems to be on the wall we'll probably go with a pass catcher barring someone like Lotulelei falling to us. I know some may try and say "smoke-screen," but when we're putting that much effort into one position above others, I think in this case where there's smoke there's fire.

As for the second round, I'd certainly take Johnathan Banks. I still like him, and I disagree with your assessment of Captain Munnerlyn. He's no rising star, he's simply a solid slot cover guy. Outside against the bigger, more physical receivers he still struggles and probably always will. That being said, we've invested so much (for us) into the secondary this offseason, that I think Gettleman plans to roll with the patchwork group for this upcoming season. I don't think we go secondary that early

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote