Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-10-2013, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a TCU homer so I'm bias on Maponga, but I think he's got a chance to be a very solid pro.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Congrats bro. Be careful about chasing money though. Sometimes it's not worth it. I chased money. And while I'm not complaining about it, I do feel that I'd enjoy working a lot more had I went into something I truly love like football. Hell, I'd give up 40gs of salary to talk about football for a living.

You make money work for you, not the other way around. As you get older you realize that a lot of the superfiicial things in life that you want or desire in your mid 20s, doesn't really mean a thing. It won't make you happy.
I agree, being older than most, I can relate to this and have found it wonderful to simplify my life near the end of it. As long as you have family around you, money becomes far less important than loving what you do.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:55 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Due to the large amount of people thinking we should go DT in the draft, I decided to watch a little footage. I have not done this up to this point, as I feel that OL is needed most.

Sheldon Richardson really jumped out at me more than anyone else. Anyone feel the same way? I can no longer say I would be mad if we drafted him, although I don't think that would be the smartest thing to do depending on who is available.

Side note, Sharrif Floyd completely underwhelmed me. I was not impressed by him at all.

One more side note-John Jenkins from Georgia. I didn't see anything from this guy. He looks like someone to slow to move around and he gets pushed back way too often. I can't stand him as a prospect.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Last edited by HEISMANHERSCHEL : 04-10-2013 at 11:09 PM.
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:56 AM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
Due to the large amount of people thinking we should go DT in the draft, I decided to watch a little footage. I have not done this up to this point, as I feel that OL is needed most.

Sheldon Richardson really jumped out at me more than anyone else. Anyone feel the same way? I can no longer say I would be mad if we drafted him, although I don't think that would be the smartest thing to do depending on who is available.

Side note, Sharrif Floyd completely underwhelmed me. I was not impressed by him at all.

One more side note-John Jenkins from Georgia. I didn't see anything from this guy. He looks like someone to slow to move around and he gets pushed back way too often. I can't stand him as a prospect.
Richardson is my #1, Star #2, Floyd #3 which is basically the opposite of what most people have.

Star is scheme transcendent for me. I think he can have just as much of an impact in a 4-3 as he can in a 3-4.
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:44 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewyVuitton View Post
Richardson is my #1, Star #2, Floyd #3 which is basically the opposite of what most people have.

Star is scheme transcendent for me. I think he can have just as much of an impact in a 4-3 as he can in a 3-4.
Absolutely agree with you on both points. I think Star can excel not just in all schemes but multiple positions within each scheme. I see no issue with him playing 3-tech or NT in the 4-3 and I think he could be a NT or 5-tech in the 3-4.

Richardson has a ton of potential that I can't look past as a 3-tech. I think if I were drafting for another team Star would be the #1 DT but Richardson's impact for the team IMHO would be greater.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:19 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eddie Lacy ran 2 unofficial 4.40 40 times. Wowsers, didn't realize he had that kind of speed. I don't know where I saw it, but someone threw a little rumor out there that we'd consider Lacy @ 18.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw this 5 round mock for us.

1. Kenny Vaccaro- S- Texas
2. Jesse Williams- DT- Alabama
3. Mike Glennon- QB- NC State
4. Montee BAll- RB- Wisconsin
5. Conner Vernon- WR- Duke

Outside of not drafting an OL, I would be down.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know that the thought is that you don't use a 1st on a RB unless you are convinced he's special (i.e., Peterson).

I'm starting to think Lacey might be special.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe Lacy was unable to get through drills because his conditioning was poor but I'm not sure what the story was with his injury. Did he have poor condition from being lazy or because he couldn't work out? I like him a lot but that was concerning.

I'm getting a feeling if Vacarro is gone, the team could go with Reid. Would be a huge mistake. For whatever reason, Reid is seeing a late rise in his stock among a lot of the guys who are connected.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:41 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I believe Lacy was unable to get through drills because his conditioning was poor but I'm not sure what the story was with his injury. Did he have poor condition from being lazy or because he couldn't work out? I like him a lot but that was concerning.

I'm getting a feeling if Vacarro is gone, the team could go with Reid. Would be a huge mistake. For whatever reason, Reid is seeing a late rise in his stock among a lot of the guys who are connected.
Reid in the first would make me shake my head.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Reid in the first would make me shake my head.
Hearing people like Casserly saying the expect him to be the 2nd safety off the board. Same with Bucky Brooks and Charles Davis who talk with people in the league.

I'd be really disappointed. Reid isn't close to the player Cyprien or Elam are.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Hearing people like Casserly saying the expect him to be the 2nd safety off the board. Same with Bucky Brooks and Charles Davis who talk with people in the league.

I'd be really disappointed. Reid isn't close to the player Cyprien or Elam are.
Reid is one of 3 players that if chosen in the 1st that I would very possibly puke in my mouth over. The other 2 being Te'o and any QB.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seen this same train of thought a lot. Although a lot of our targets are 25-40 type guys so perhaps we are going to be working the phones hard at 18 if we don't have our #1 guy available (whether that's Vaccaro, Cooper, etc is up for discussion).

I would love some sort of package netting us multiple picks in the 25-40 region in exchange for our pick at 18.

I'm not enamored with Reid at all but his PHYSICAL tool-set is impressive. I wouldn't hate him as a late-1st or 2nd type of guy but drafting him at 18 would make me a bit ill.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

The ironic part about it is Casserly, Brooks, and even Charles Davis (Reid's biggest supporter) all admit he had a poor 2012. They're basically just enamored with his size/speed/athleticism in shorts.

I don't understand how guys with such advanced football minds can throw on-field production out like its nothing.

Conversely, Jeremiah & Mayock both say they think he struggles with range and don't like him as much as everyone else.

Broaddus, an LSU alum, was answering tweets and said "he didnt like Reid, but he believes the team does."

And finally, there's that article I posted that Cosell wrote with his top 4 guys which obviously didnt include Reid.

If we took Reid at 18 ahead of Cyprien and Elam... I don't even know. Discouraging just thinking about it.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:25 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I highly doubt an NFL team would take Reid, who's appeal is based purely on upside/character, in the top 20. The Cowboys aren't that stupid. 18 is a great spot. Vaccaro, Cooper, or Warmack is going to be there.

But the guy who might slip to them and would be too good to pass up is Sheldon Richardson...
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

I would love Richardson at 18 I just can't imagine him falling that far.

Been watching more tape on mid-round offensive lineman just in case the Cooper's, Armstead's, Watson's, etc of the world are off the board when we select.

Really digging Jordan Mills from Louisiana Tech. He has tremendous experience with pass blocking given LT's gameplan and honestly I see an excellent ZBS RT. His foot-speed isn't the greatest but he plays like a very intelligent player. He is fully capable of getting in front of the screen game as LT run them a good bit. The one thing that REALLY caught my eye was on most of LT's running plays his direct he did a lot more redirecting and "dancing" the defender out of the running lane before sealing him off. He certainly isn't the mauling drive-blocking RT of the old Dallas teams but honestly I wouldn't be shocked if Houston, or us for that matter, took a liking to him well earlier than his "4th-5th" round valuation I keep seeing.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Russ Lande said he's heard from a few teams that have Star #1 & Sly Williams #2 -- said Williams is going to go much higher than people think and said its entirely possible he's a top-15 pick.

Could see 3 OT's and 4 DT's off the board in the top 15 going by that.

Rumors that the Dolphins may turn to Fluker if they can't make a move for Lane Johnson would actually bump that OT number to 4.
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Repost on accident

Last edited by DrewyVuitton : 04-11-2013 at 08:36 PM.
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Repost on accident

Last edited by DrewyVuitton : 04-11-2013 at 08:36 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smoke Screen City USA.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:13 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we don't go OL at 18 I think this guy makes a ton of sense in the 2nd.
Quote:
- David Quessenberry/OL/San Jose State could be selected much earlier than most expect. The offensive lineman has been stamped as a “five position player” by a number of teams, who rank Quessenberry as a top 75 choice. The former walk-on has impressed offensive line coaches with his character. Quessenberry is a super-disciplined athlete who comes from a military family and has the make-up of a long term NFL player.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Russ Lande said he's heard from a few teams that have Star #1 & Sly Williams #2 -- said Williams is going to go much higher than people think and said its entirely possible he's a top-15 pick.

Could see 3 OT's and 4 DT's off the board in the top 15 going by that.

Rumors that the Dolphins may turn to Fluker if they can't make a move for Lane Johnson would actually bump that OT number to 4.
Have you seen Landes mock? One of the worst Ive seen

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfp-moc...4797--nfl.html

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Have you seen Landes mock? One of the worst Ive seen

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfp-moc...4797--nfl.html
Sanders Commings but no Jon Cooper?!?!?! Wow
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

I respect Lande a ton but that mock made me hope that he was hacked. As it is beyond awful.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:29 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

A lot of people are high on Sly Williams. I don't see top-15 but I could see top 25.

To be fair, this wasnt attributed to any particular team so there is no smoke screen involved. Just people in the business telling Lande that Sly is higher on teams boards than he is with the media.

There is a difference between his opinions/mocks and the information given to him by people in the know.

It would be one thing if he said "this team is in love with player X" -- that would be a red flag for a potential smoke screen. It's an entirely different thing for him to say he's heard from multiple, undisclosed teams that they have Sly as high at the #2 DT on the board

Warren Sapp, who is never shy about giving an honest opinion, worked with Sly and said he really likes him. Just something to keep in mind.