Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-12-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
how many of us wrote that Rachal would likely be a "Pro-Bowl RG" after he was drafted? LOL
To Rachal's credit, he looked like he had promise as a rookie when he took over at RG for Wragge in Martz's system. But once's DC's got some film on him, they found out his weakness was his laterally movement and his inability to tandem block and they attacked it. Never been the same since. But I don think ANYBODY called him a Pro Bowler. He was a devastating run-blocker though and is still good in that area.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The reports on him were optimistic, with them saying he was raw (coming out a year earlier than he should have due to financial motivations) but with a high ceiling. He was a money-motivated guy that didn't work hard enough to come anywhere close to his ceiling. I don't believe Allen retired until the training camp of '08, so Rachal had a few months of OTA's and such after being drafted to be around him. He was compared to Allen as far as his potential to be a mauler. Now's he's a slight upgrade for AZ's horrible O-Line, at best.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
Now's he's a slight upgrade for AZ's horrible O-Line, at best.
He's not better than Snyder overall and he can't play LG. But Snyder is a weak run-blocker. Rachal is a very good run-blocker so if the Cards are serious about improving their run game, I could see why they wanted a closer look. But they're both back-ups, talent-wise really.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:22 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
The reports on him were optimistic, with them saying he was raw (coming out a year earlier than he should have due to financial motivations) but with a high ceiling. He was a money-motivated guy that didn't work hard enough to come anywhere close to his ceiling. I don't believe Allen retired until the training camp of '08, so Rachal had a few months of OTA's and such after being drafted to be around him. He was compared to Allen as far as his potential to be a mauler. Now's he's a slight upgrade for AZ's horrible O-Line, at best.
Not to be anal but Allen's contract expired after the 07 season. He did retire in August 2008 after signing a 1 day contract with the Cowboys.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shame the Cardinals cant combine Snyder's strengths and Rachal's strengths. They would have at least a solid guard, maybe. LOL.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Larry Allen played with us from 2006-2007; Rachal was drafted in 2008...
Perhaps it was Jonas Jennings, but I swear it was Larry Allen if I had to put money on it.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 04-12-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:27 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That 2008 draft is just ugly. Not just for the 49ers. What a disappointing group.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very odd Forum Mock draft going on right now. I had a deal in place to move up to #14 for Kenny Vaccaro but he went off the board at #11. I kicked the tires on trading up for Austin but that didn't happen either. Then at #17 Shane Hallam is OTC for PIT and is desperate to trade down. The top 2 players on the board were Sheldon Richardson and Johnathan Cooper.

I sent a low ball proposal of #31 and #74 for #17 and he accepted. With that #17 pick I selected Cooper as our long-term-absolute-stud Center. He could of course move over to Guard in the future if we couldn't re-sign Boone or Iupati.

I never thought I would trade up for Cooper but I couldn't resist at that price. What do you guys think? OK move or mistake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2008 NFL Draft -

1 / 29 - DE Kentwan Balmer
2 / 39 - OG Chilo Rachal
3 / 75 - FS Reggie Smith
4 / 107 - C Cody Wallace
6 / 174 - WR Josh Morgan
7 / 214 - ILB Larry Grant

Yeah, that draft was horrible. Morgan was the best pick. And while he was in STL for a year or so, Grant was probably the second best pick. Balmer sucked and I was hoping for Kenny Phillips. Smith was a decent backup. Wallace was nothing and Rachal still sucks. Its amazing that any team even signed him.

Last edited by dan77733 : 04-12-2013 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:04 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Very odd Forum Mock draft going on right now. I had a deal in place to move up to #14 for Kenny Vaccaro but he went off the board at #11. I kicked the tires on trading up for Austin but that didn't happen either. Then at #17 Shane Hallam is OTC for PIT and is desperate to trade down. The top 2 players on the board were Sheldon Richardson and Johnathan Cooper.

I sent a low ball proposal of #31 and #74 for #17 and he accepted. With that #17 pick I selected Cooper as our long-term-absolute-stud Center. He could of course move over to Guard in the future if we couldn't re-sign Boone or Iupati.

I never thought I would trade up for Cooper but I couldn't resist at that price. What do you guys think? OK move or mistake?
UGH. Bad move in my opinion. Chances are, you would have been able to draft Barrett Jones at 31 or 34. If the trade up was for Vaccaro, I would have been good deal. Wouldnt mind Cooper but I wouldnt trade up for any OL, especially center. Who else was available at #17? Trufant? Rhodes? One of the top two TE's? Is Datone Jones still available? If so, try to get him at 34 or trade up a few spots for him. That I wouldnt mind. With all the picks, you can make a few trades.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
UGH. Bad move in my opinion. Chances are, you would have been able to draft Barrett Jones at 31 or 34. If the trade up was for Vaccaro, I would have been good deal. Wouldnt mind Cooper but I wouldnt trade up for any OL, especially center. Who else was available at #17? Trufant? Rhodes? One of the top two TE's? Is Datone Jones still available? If so, try to get him at 34 or trade up a few spots for him. That I wouldnt mind. With all the picks, you can make a few trades.
@17 Rhodes was taken but Trufant was available and I did consider him. I think Cooper is in a whole other category than Barret but I know you're a Barrett fan.

We are on pick 21 now and no TE's have been taken.

1. Kansas City Chiefs - OT Eric Fisher, Central Michigan

2. Jacksonville Jaguars - DT Shariff Floyd, Florida*

3. Detroit Lions (from Oakland) - OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M*

4. Buffalo Bills (from New York Jets through Philadelphia) - OT Lane Johnson, Oklahoma

5. Oakland Raiders (from Detroit) - DE Dion Jordan, Oregon

6. Cleveland Browns - OG Chance Warmack, Alabama

7. Arizona Cardinals - QB Geno Smith, West Virginia

8. San Diego Chargers (from Buffalo through New York Jets) - CB Dee Milliner, Alabama*

9. New York Jets - DT Star Lotulelei, Utah

10. Tennessee Titans - DE Ezekiel Ansah, Brigham Young

11. New York Jets (from San Diego) - FS Kenny Vaccaro, Texas

12. Miami Dolphins - DE Cornellius Carradine, Florida St.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida St.*

14. Carolina Panthers - WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee*

15. New Orleans Saints - DE Barkevious Mingo, Louisiana St.*

16. St. Louis Rams - WR Tavon Austin, West Virginia

17. San Francisco 49ers (from Pittsburgh) - OG Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina

18. Dallas Cowboys - DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri*

19. New York Giants - LB Arthur Brown, Kansas St.

20. Chicago Bears - OT D.J. Fluker, Alabama*

21. Cincinnati Bengals

Quote:

Last edited by Shupp : 04-12-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:15 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Is this mock draft thats going here on DC? If so, do you have a link?
Old 04-12-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Honestly, I would have taken Trufant even if that means I dont get Barrett Jones. I do like Cooper but he's an OG and we dont need an OG. To trade up for an OG even though you would move him to center is a move I wouldnt have made. But its all good.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Never mind. Found it.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Is this mock draft thats going here on DC? If so, do you have a link?
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56242

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...=56168&page=24

The 1st is the ticker, the 2nd is the discussion

Quote:
Old 04-12-2013, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Honestly, I would have taken Trufant even if that means I dont get Barrett Jones. I do like Cooper but he's an OG and we dont need an OG. To trade up for an OG even though you would move him to center is a move I wouldnt have made. But its all good.
Cooper has been working out at Center at the request of GM's, he was snapping at the combine during a lot of his drills. If Cooper was there @ 31 he's an amazing value and you take him no matter what, it only cost me our #74 pick to make that happen. I can grab a DB a little later.

Quote:
Old 04-12-2013, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
To Rachal's credit, he looked like he had promise as a rookie when he took over at RG for Wragge in Martz's system. But once's DC's got some film on him, they found out his weakness was his laterally movement and his inability to tandem block and they attacked it. Never been the same since. But I don think ANYBODY called him a Pro Bowler. He was a devastating run-blocker though and is still good in that area.
I tried to find our page from the 2008 draft but couldn't. I distinctly remember more than one of us predict that he would be a Pro-Bowl RG.

Quote:
Old 04-12-2013, 10:27 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Damn it!!!!! Datone Jones is gone. Oh well.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Damn it!!!!! Datone Jones is gone. Oh well.
Trufant just went @ 27, I was trying to trade up for him but no bueno...

Quote:
Old 04-12-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Trufant just went @ 27, I was trying to trade up for him but no bueno...
Yeah, I know. :(
Old 04-12-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You just made Johnathan Cooper the highest drafted Center in TWENTY YEARS!!!
Only five centers have gone before pick #17 in FIFTY YEARS!!!
And you traded up 14 spots to get him.

I love the guy, but you overpaid, out of your mind. It's just a mock though. I overpaid out of my mind for DeCastro last year, and it turned out the team didn't even need him.

Last edited by phlysac : 04-12-2013 at 11:16 PM.
phlysac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, not feelin the Cooper trade up.

Kilgore guys. He's got the goods.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
You just made Johnathan Cooper the highest drafted Center in TWENTY YEARS!!!
Only five centers have gone before pick #17 in FIFTY YEARS!!!
And you traded up 14 spots to get him.

I love the guy, but you overpaid, out of your mind. It's just a mock though. I overpaid out of my mind for DeCastro last year, and it turned out the team didn't even need him.
#17 was given away, I didn't pay market value to move up those spots. I simply paid with #74...

Quote:
Old 04-12-2013, 11:45 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Must admit that according to the draft trade value chart, Shupp gave up a total of 820 (31 and 74) points for 950 points (17) so value wise, not bad at all but I would have drafted Trufant after moving up. Its more the player than the trade itself. Probably should have waited until low 20's to trade up for Trufant since he wasnt drafted until 27.

Either way, at 17, I would have drafted Trufant because to have a good rookie CB under contract for four years behind those we have now for a year to learn and get better, he should easily be able to start in 2014.

Who are you looking at with the 34th overall draft pick?
Old 04-12-2013, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Must admit that according to the draft trade value chart, Shupp gave up a total of 820 (31 and 74) points for 950 points (17) so value wise, not bad at all but I would have drafted Trufant after moving up. Its more the player than the trade itself. Probably should have waited until low 20's to trade up for Trufant since he wasnt drafted until 27.

Either way, at 17, I would have drafted Trufant because to have a good rookie CB under contract for four years behind those we have now for a year to learn and get better, he should easily be able to start in 2014.

Who are you looking at with the 34th overall draft pick?
I can't say, we have a 49er poster working for another team....Trufant was very tempting @ 17, as was Shheldon but I really had Cooper as my BPA and he can be a bad ass Center for us for the next 5 years at least (rookie contract) and now Goodwin can be cut! Trading up for O-line this year would be so crazy that it has Baalke written all over it too...lol

Quote: