Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-12-2013, 09:40 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jump rope is serious. I don't know what it is but the awkward part between my heel and calves are so sore. Real nice workout. Doing 30 seconds in betweens sets to keep my heart rate up.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

did 150 crunches last Friday and was sore until the following Tuesday. worst feeling ever.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went to my first Crossfit class last night. I started strong, in front of the rest of the newbies. But then I just hit a wall and slowed waaay down. Finished last, almost threw up, struggled to walk to my car. I feel OK now though. I enjoyed the class setting and positive people.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Jump rope is serious. I don't know what it is but the awkward part between my heel and calves are so sore. Real nice workout. Doing 30 seconds in betweens sets to keep my heart rate up.
The achilles definitely feels it haha.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:06 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did bodysaws last night.

I did them on my kitchen floor with a towel under my feet. It's one of the best damn ab workouts I've ever had.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post

Rookie mistakes at the gym... lmfao
End of page trap

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post

I did them on my kitchen floor with a towel under my feet. It's one of the best damn ab workouts I've ever had.
should also try ab wheel.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:04 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Day 2 of Crossfit done. I understand why some people think it is stupid but I like it so far. This time I did not want to die afterward so that's good.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-18-2013, 09:22 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Day 3 of Crossfit done (cuz everyone cares!). We did wall climbers and feet-to-bars, which take a lot of core strength. I have none.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-18-2013, 09:37 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post

how many did you do?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crossfit is fine as long as you don't start kipping errything. It's just expensive and easy to duplicate on your own.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:17 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
how many did you do?
I did three sets of 15, and it was probably overkill for my first time. If I were doing it over again, I'd probably start with 3 sets of 5 and see how my core muscles were feeling the next day.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:32 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Crossfit is fine as long as you don't start kipping errything. It's just expensive and easy to duplicate on your own.
Kipping is apparently used more in competitive situations where they're doing something for time. At my level the coaches stress strict form and controlled movement.

We did snatch and clean and jerk today. I'm not a huge fan of oly lifts but I did ok on cnj.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-22-2013, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not saying you should always use "kipping" form, but I don't think it's wrong to do it either. I like using both strict and kipping form because it adds variety and changes the way muscles are being worked.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We did a ton of crossfit work outs in high school for our off season football program and I still have a lot of those workouts that I use today. I don't see what's so bad about it.

Also going to start cutting soon and I'm going to stock up on some supplements where do yall order your stuff that's cheapest? I've seen a lot of great deals on bodybuilding.com but I also have amazon prime for free shipping.

Going to get some fish oil and trying out some new protein shake powder hoping it taste better than my last one, it's called BSN Syntha-6 if anyone has tried it before, how was it?

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:18 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
We did a ton of crossfit work outs in high school for our off season football program and I still have a lot of those workouts that I use today. I don't see what's so bad about it.

Also going to start cutting soon and I'm going to stock up on some supplements where do yall order your stuff that's cheapest? I've seen a lot of great deals on bodybuilding.com but I also have amazon prime for free shipping.

Going to get some fish oil and trying out some new protein shake powder hoping it taste better than my last one, it's called BSN Syntha-6 if anyone has tried it before, how was it?
Bodybuilding.com really is the best boom for your buck in my opinion. Anything and everything you can think of and its top notch stuff for a very good price. I always get my stuff the next day because they have a warehouse like 4 hours from me, but Idk where you're located...you may have one close to you as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:59 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Another exciting crossfit update for everybody. 50 wind sprints, 33 burpees w/a jump over a barbell between each, and then 38 squats in 3 minutes. **** you, legs.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-25-2013, 09:01 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't bend my arms past 90 degrees. This is what I get for not working out for so long.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Simply Keak
Rookie

Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did lunges for a full lap (400 meters) yesterday. Legs still pulsating.
Simply Keak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I am about to go back into serious working-out/weight-lifting.

Any one have any good routines/workout plans that can get a guy back into shape?

I don't really want to get bigger, I want get much more well defined. I am about 6'1 175; I think that's big enough.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
So I am about to go back into serious working-out/weight-lifting.

Any one have any good routines/workout plans that can get a guy back into shape?

I don't really want to get bigger, I want get much more well defined. I am about 6'1 175; I think that's big enough.
Starting Strength, 5x5, 5-3-1.....
Old 04-28-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Starting Strength, 5x5, 5-3-1.....
You don't believe that is too focused on gains? I don't care much for strength or getting bigger.

I guess I want a soccer player's body but with a little more meat.

I am reading up on the 5-3-1 right now.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 04-28-2013, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

You don't think soccer players squat and deadlift heavy? If you don't want to gain weight, eat less.
Old 04-28-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You don't think soccer players squat and deadlift heavy? If you don't want to gain weight, eat less.
Alright. You know more than I.

What do you recommend for cardio? I personally enjoying running around 4 miles 3 times a week or will that kill my strength training?

Reading up the 5-3-1, there are four workouts so withing 7 days I can lift 4 days with a run on rest days. It fits but do I want to be running?

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 04-28-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I think you can run, that's fine. I probably would not run 3 times a week; give yourself a day off.