Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-13-2013, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had a deal in place for #14 overall where I would select Kenny Vaccaro but unfortunately the Jets reached a little @ #11 and took Vaccaro.

The trade for #14 was for #31, 74, and 128....another great deal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shupp View Post
I had a deal in place for #14 overall where I would select Kenny Vaccaro but unfortunately the Jets reached a little @ #11 and took Vaccaro.

That would have been an amazing move.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:02 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can't say, we have a 49er poster working for another team....Trufant was very tempting @ 17, as was Shheldon but I really had Cooper as my BPA and he can be a bad ass Center for us for the next 5 years at least (rookie contract) and now Goodwin can be cut! Trading up for O-line this year would be so crazy that it has Baalke written all over it too...lol
I'm going to assume that its Menardo controlling the Eagles???

True, releasing Goodwin would be a good move and one I want to see happen but dont think it will.

Quote:

That would have been a good trade for the best safety and most likely, the only one that will go in the first round.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It made me sick to my stomach when he picked Vaccaro @ 11

Quote:
Old 04-13-2013, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Just imagine Cooper pulling around with Iupati on a QB sweep....!!

Quote:
Old 04-13-2013, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

We are on pick #30. I have picks #34 and #61 coming up for round two.

Available:

Justin Hunter
Johnathan Cyprien
Matt Elam
Eric Reid
DJ Hayden
Margus Hunt
Kawaan Short
Jesse Williams

Thoughts?

Quote:
Old 04-13-2013, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Good instincts

Quote:
Old 04-13-2013, 06:32 AM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Available:

Justin Hunter
Johnathan Cyprien
Matt Elam
Eric Reid
DJ Hayden
Margus Hunt
Kawaan Short
Jesse Williams

Thoughts?
I would go Hayden or Short.
Justone2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:40 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Available:

Justin Hunter
Johnathan Cyprien
Matt Elam
Eric Reid
DJ Hayden
Margus Hunt
Kawaan Short
Jesse Williams

Thoughts?
Cyprien, Short, Williams, Hunter. That would be my order.

Cyp has always been my #2 S in this class. I worry about Elam's size and have never been a fan of Reid's. I like Hayden alright, but don't think he's worth the 34th pick.

With the defensive lineman, Short and Williams are pretty close in value to me. I think Short can better fill Justin Smith's role, though. Hunt is intriguing, but I don't want to spend the 31st or 34th pick on him, like some people have us doing.

Finally, there is Hunter. I like him, and he's definitely talented, but I worry about his size. I don't know how much weight he'll be able to add to his frame. What is he? 6'4 196?

I've been hoping that we'd focus on the defensive side of the ball with this draft, and with your trade up for Cooper earlier, I wouldn't want our 1st two picks to be spent on offense.

In regards to your trade: it was definitely good value, but I don't like trading up for a G/C. I would have selected Richardson there, I think. Trufant would have been very tempting as well.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more I dwell on it, the more I don't see Baalke trading up. Not in this draft. ESPECIALLY for a defensive player. The the difference in talent from your #5 ranked defensive player and your #30 or #40 ranked guy I think isn't much of a difference. If there were ever a draft to stand back and watch what unfolds, I think its this one. Not saying use all 13 picks but I just think in the first 3 rounds, we're set-up perfectly where we are. I used to think Baalke would move up for Vaccarro but now as I watch more tape on guys, its plenty of talent after he's off the board. Guys that are flying under the radar who have incredible skill. With as much defensive talent in this draft as it is, I think your going to find GMs having to choose between which talented player do I take rather than finding a talent you feel deserves to be selected.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would move up a few spots a few times to ensure getting the player thats wanted. For me, at 31, I would trade up to around 22-25 if Trufant/Rhodes is still there and then trade up late second to possibly snatch another player.

In Shupps forum mock draft that he's participating in, I would have traded up a few spots for Trufant since Rhodes was gone, then trade up from 34 to snatch Datone Jones and then move up again from 62 to snatch Barrett Jones. Granted, may lose a few picks but at the same time, we dont need 13 picks and quality is more important than quantity especially when you look at our roster. Plus, Barrett should be a starter, release Goodwin, Trufant could start next year with Culliver and Datone could also start next year if we dont re-sign Justin Smith. Basically, would already be set for 2014 at positions of need. As for FS, if cant get one, I sign Woodson for a decent one year deal and replace him and Whitner in next year's draft and yes, I would trade up next year to snatch one.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
The more I dwell on it, the more I don't see Baalke trading up. Not in this draft. ESPECIALLY for a defensive player. The the difference in talent from your #5 ranked defensive player and your #30 or #40 ranked guy I think isn't much of a difference. If there were ever a draft to stand back and watch what unfolds, I think its this one. Not saying use all 13 picks but I just think in the first 3 rounds, we're set-up perfectly where we are. I used to think Baalke would move up for Vaccarro but now as I watch more tape on guys, its plenty of talent after he's off the board. Guys that are flying under the radar who have incredible skill. With as much defensive talent in this draft as it is, I think your going to find GMs having to choose between which talented player do I take rather than finding a talent you feel deserves to be selected.
We have a bunch of picks though and not all the selections are going to make it in training camp on the final roster. Might as well use some of the leverage we have to try and move up for someone we might really like and/or maybe even make a trade with another team for a player we might have had our eye on.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:13 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more I watch Datone Jones, the more he looks like strictly a 5-Tech. He lacks athleticism and 'pop' to really be a disruptive pass-rusher. Justin Smith, besides being insanely strong, is really flexible at shedding and getting around blocks. He's athleticism is underrated. He was a former DE, so his ability to get around the corner, as well as bull-rush and 'pop' O-Lineman and disengage makes him unique. If we're looking to replace Cowboy, you want more of a pass-rush threat from your DE. To me Jones is coming off as more of a 'shoot the gap' kind of guy as a pass-rusher. I'm seeing some Ziggy Hood in his game....and that's not a compliment. He doesn't really stack and shed well enough for my liking to take him at 31. I still like him but not so much as a 1st rounder at this point.

A guy I've been intrigued with lately is Tank Carradine. Now most ppl will say he's strictly a 4-3 DE but some view him as 3-4 OLB. Some say he may even be a future 5-Tech(he's the same size Justin Smith was entering the pros and word is the Florida State coaching staff has told teams he's insanely strong for his size). He was listed at 276 lbs at the Combine and his frame can definitely add bulk. His strength and ability to anchor would be the main concern in a possible move to a 5-Tech. But as a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 DE(essentially what he would be for us in the nickel), he can hit the ground running. Also him recovering from an ACL injury and not being able to work out for teams does not help his cause. But I'm intrigued by his physical gifts and he could fit virtually any scheme and that's the key....his versatility. To me, that's worthy of being taken 31.

Some ppl have him going in the 20's, some have him falling to our spot and into the early 2nd. I'm really liking his versatility and how many ways we could use him. That seems to be the theme with Baalke these days....guys who can play more than one role. And he's rehabbing with the same guy who rehabbed Adrian Peterson and he's saying the kid will be ready by TC and that he's already a month ahead of schedule. If we were to trade up, maybe say 10 or so spots, I'm think a guy like Carradine would be the target.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 04-13-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
We have a bunch of picks though and not all the selections are going to make it in training camp on the final roster. Might as well use some of the leverage we have to try and move up for someone we might really like and/or maybe even make a trade with another team for a player we might have had our eye on.
Like I said, I don't expect us to draft 13 players. But in rounds 1-3, I think more guys that we like may fall right into our wheelhouse, without needing any major moves.
Old 04-13-2013, 03:37 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Like I said, I don't expect us to draft 13 players. But in rounds 1-3, I think more guys that we like may fall right into our wheelhouse, without needing any major moves.
I'd rather trade up in rounds 4-5, then trade our later picks for 2014 picks (besides the comp picks). I agree, i would like to keep our 5 picks in the top 93, thats a rare opportunity IMO. Maybe trade 1 for a future pick. Or use a 1+4 to move up, instead of a 1+3, etc etc
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post

True, releasing Goodwin would be a good move and one I want to see happen but dont think it will.

That would have been a good trade for the best safety and most likely, the only one that will go in the first round.
You are correct Co-GMing to be exact.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I agree, i would like to keep our 5 picks in the top 93, thats a rare opportunity IMO. Maybe trade 1 for a future pick. Or use a 1+4 to move up, instead of a 1+3, etc etc
Exactly right. How often is it that a team has five picks in the top 100 in the draft? Baalke has the opportunity to draft five players in the top 100. I don't think you give that up so easily. Now after those five, is another story.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I'd rather trade up in rounds 4-5, then trade our later picks for 2014 picks (besides the comp picks). I agree, i would like to keep our 5 picks in the top 93, thats a rare opportunity IMO. Maybe trade 1 for a future pick. Or use a 1+4 to move up, instead of a 1+3, etc etc
Yeah, but with a flat cap and Kaepernick soon to be demanding a huge contract after his rookie year contract, plus all the other young players soon to be demanding huge raises after their rookie year contracts, is San Fran and Seattle headed toward future cap hell. If they bring in all these rookies in one year, that cap hell will hit them much quicker and they will have used up all their resources for a one year bonanza, leaving their future looking pretty dim.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Yeah, but with a flat cap and Kaepernick soon to be demanding a huge contract after his rookie year contract, plus all the other young players soon to be demanding huge raises after their rookie year contracts, is San Fran and Seattle headed toward future cap hell. If they bring in all these rookies in one year, that cap hell will hit them much quicker and they will have used up all their resources for a one year bonanza, leaving their future looking pretty dim.
Your missing the point. No one is saying we're going to draft 13 players. But you don't give up prime drafting real estate because you're afraid of finding more good players....since when? You will never be in cap hell as long as you continue to draft well. Having too many great players and continuing to find talented prospects is a good problem to have. Only major contracts we have upcoming is CK, Aldon and Iupati. Of course you can't retain everybody but continuing to draft well will give us the luxury of who to keep and who to let test the market. Its a process but hitting on draft picks is a very important part of that process.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 04-13-2013 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
The reports on him were optimistic, with them saying he was raw (coming out a year earlier than he should have due to financial motivations) but with a high ceiling. He was a money-motivated guy that didn't work hard enough to come anywhere close to his ceiling. I don't believe Allen retired until the training camp of '08, so Rachal had a few months of OTA's and such after being drafted to be around him. He was compared to Allen as far as his potential to be a mauler. Now's he's a slight upgrade for AZ's horrible O-Line, at best.
I just want to correct this a little. Rachal came out early for the money yes, but it was to pay for treatment for his mother (cancer) and his father (double hernia), neither of whom had medical insurance. He had expressed a preference to return to USC, play out his final year and get his degree but put his family first. When we drafted him that was actually a massive plus point for me. I thought it showed maturity, loyalty and a willingness to put others before himself. It's a real shame it didn't work out career-wise.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:42 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think honestly we need to use our picks and pick BPA o defense first two rounds then go some offense..
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Here are my picks from Day 2 of the Forum Mock:

Pick 34: DJ Hayden

Pick 61: DJ Swearinger

I'm looking to move back into the middle of round 3 currently.

Quote:

Last edited by Shupp : 04-14-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here are my picks from Day 2 of the Forum Mock:

Pick 34: DJ Hayden

Pick 61: DJ Swearinger

I'm looking to move back into the middle of round 3 currently.
Yuck it was good until Swearinger. Hopefully he can contribute on special teams.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 04:08 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Draft wise.....with all the picks we have, if Baalke/Harbaugh really want a certain player in whatever round, they should definitely trade up to get the player they want as opposed to possibly not getting that player at all.

We have three compensation draft picks which obviously cant be traded but the two 7th rounders could be developmental players or special teamers. The 4th rounder should be a player who could backup a position and play special teams. Personally, I would love Mathieu at 131 but I dont think that he'll last that long.

With the draft picks from rounds 4/128, 5/157, 6/175, 6/180 and 7/227, I would definitely use them to trade up a few spots in combination with our first five draft picks to get the targeted players wanted. As long as we get FIVE starter (for 2013 or 2014) quality players with our first, two second and two third rounders, I'll be a happy camper and we'll still be good cap wise and roster wise.

With those five draft picks, im hoping for a 2013/2014 starting C, 3-4 DE, CB, FS and SS.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:14 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
Yuck it was good until Swearinger. Hopefully he can contribute on special teams.
Swearinger will eventually be one of the better players to come out of this draft class, don't sleep.