Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-14-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Tuck can **** off. We should not draft Te'o.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'll take him in the 2nd. that's it
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:13 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, through 3 round of the forum mock, my draft has been:

Arthur brown, Logan Ryan and traded up a bit to grab Cornelius washington. Thoughts? Brown I was iffy on since the LB depth is RIDICULOUS, but he was my BPA. I could've gone Werner but I'm honestly just not a big fan of his. I think I got pretty good value in terms of MY board and rankings and fill big needs and have youth and talent infusion on the defense. thoughts?
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You had Fluker on the board when you picked Brown so...epic fail. Other than that, it's very nice. But you know my feelings on taking Brown in the first.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:16 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

I considered Fluker, but I want to see what Brewer can do, honestly. I believe in giving him and Robinson a shot. Why not actually play our young developmental guys? Fluker's unproven at guard and I believe you can nab good guards late (Boothe, Seubert, Diehl kinda sorta, O'Hara was undrafted etc). Interior OL can be found late IMO.
Quote:
Old 04-14-2013, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I mean, Brewer has proven absolutely nothing. In fact, in the chances he's had, he has not looked good. And Fluker could easily be a stud guard if Brewer did work out by some chance.

You do not avoid selecting a great OT/OG because of a player who has done absolutely nothing to prove himself in anyway.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

to be fair, your boy Beatty didn't exactly prove anything in the beginning either. He looked god awful. Now he's our best OL. Brewer deserves a shot, and I assume we could bring in a vet RT (Locklear) if things go south, but I think Brewer deserves this shot. What real other shot has he had? Why can't he make major strides this year?

I'd rather start a combo of Brewer and Brown over Fluker and mid-round LB/Connor
Quote:
Old 04-14-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Beatty did show more than Brewer. And I was not opposed looking at a replacement for Beatty at the time, either.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Beatty did show more than Brewer. And I was not opposed looking at a replacement for Beatty at the time, either.
AND YOU WERE WRONG!

show faith. Brewer's never had a real shot. give him time and a chance.
Quote:
Old 04-14-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it. I obviously love Arthur Brown and I want a linebacker bad so I have no problem with that pick. Did anyone catch the 06 game they showed on NFL network yesterday?

One thing that stood out to me was Antonio Pierce. Even though he was kind of slow and fat at the time, his instincts and ability to line guys up made our LB core so much better, the way they flowed to the ball, the way they could handle backs out of the backfield, our front was just so much more structured.

I miss having a linebacker like that. Imagine what a real linebacker can do for this defense. We really need a linebacker. I'm just sick of saying it every single year over and over and over again. We need a damn linebacker.

And I'm good with Washington as our gamble in the 3rd. I've soured a little on him, but I think he's worth the gamble in the 3rd. He has a lot of bad tape. But I also think part of the problem with him was they kept rotating him btw 3-4 DE and 3-4 OLB and he was too big and slow to be effective at OLB and not big enough to be effective as a DE in that front.

When the season was over and he was able to develop his body as a 4-3 DE, you saw how dominant he looked. So he's a guy you project to be good, even though there isn't much evidence outside of the senior bowl that says he will be good.

I like him in the 3rd, he's good value there.

And I like Logan Ryan as well. So I'd be very pleased with that.

2 names that have really grown on me:

1. Tank Carradine
2. Kyle Long

I was on the fence about Tank for the longest, but the more I saw of him, the more I noticed he was just damn productive. He needs to get stronger in his base and he needs to get off the ball more consistently, but the man was just productive. And he has the measurables we look for.

Kyle Long is a guy who I think is going to skyrocket on draft day. He's pegged as a OG/RT but I think he has the athleticism to play LT, and while he may be older as a prospect, bear in mind OLmen can play well into their mid 30s, and he has incredible athleticism and pedigree.

The guy is going to go a lot earlier than people think. I'd love him as a OG/RT, but I think some team is gonna give him a try at LT first, kind of like Brandon Albert and Cordy Glenn.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally got BBD on the Tank train! Kid's just got exactly the pieces you'd want in a prospect to replace Justin Tuck as long as he interviewed well. That length, strength, understanding of how to get to the ball, and burst when he times it right, kid could start opposite JPP for a decade. There's a lot of other players I'd be perfectly happy seeing us draft, but Tank would make me really giddy.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well he's got the length, motor, and when he times it right he has the speed.

But I'd disagree with the strength. He's all arms and legs but he has a weak base and that's evident when you see him get pushed around in the run game. He needs to work on his core and back and his thighs which I'm sure he will once he gets into the NFL.

The 1st round is still a risk to me, but the way his stock has skyrocketed, if we're gonna get him, it's gotta be in the 1st. So if he's the pick I won't mind it.

I wish he was there in the 2nd, but he won't be.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I should've specified upper body strength. He doesn't just know how to set guys up with his long ass arms, he also knows how to just rip them to the side. Not gunna disagree on him needing to work his lower body, but he'll do that once he gets to the NFL. With an NFL S&C program he'll be a beast, and with the good coaching that we have, an effective beast.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 04-14-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I still can't figure out that 1st step though. That's my only real concern. But it's a major concern.

I've seen him get off the ball fast, but its few and far in btw. Why is he constantly screwing up his jump? We as fans don't have answers to those questions.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Yeah, I'd like to think it's a coaching issue because he doesn't really give up on plays that would lead you to think he was just switching off and so missing the snap. And the only explanations I can think of are motor issues or technical ones. If it's not the former, it's not a real issue because our coaches should be able to fix the latter.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-14-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

But my concern is, if his coaches can't teach it to him, how can the Giant coaches?

Bc seriously how hard is it to time your jump? It's not rocket science. If he's too dumb to get it at the college level I'm concerned that the light will never come on. Bc hard counts and motions and all that only get more complicated at the NFL level.

So if he can't time a jump right in college, who's to say he'll get it in the pros?

It's a legit concern. It's really my only concern, but it's a legit one.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Because FSU coaches are bad at their jobs while ours are awesome? I wouldn't be surprised if they've never even tried to work on his stance with him.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-14-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

FSU has produced some good college level DLmen though. They don't translate well to the NFL bc they're usually one trick ponies, but their DL coach can't be that bad when he's producing NFL draft picks along his DL.

And none of them had this problem other than Tank. That's a concern. I like the guy too, but let's not ignore his flaws just bc we like him. This is a flaw, and a serious flaw. And none of us can say for sure that it's correctable bc none of us know.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I think most of those guys busted because they were raw athletes who never were taught anything in college and their raw athleticism wasn't enough to JPP the NFL, even though it was enough to boss the college ranks.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-14-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

So then what makes Tank any different?

I like the guy, I'm just saying...I'm not in love with him. He has his warts. When I saw JPP I was convinced the guy was gonna be a stud. I didn't have to sell myself on him.

I had to sell myself on Tank. And that usually leads to trouble, when you have to sell yourself on a guy.

I like him, there's parts of his game I like a lot, but that get off just scares the **** out of me, plus FSU's bust rate on the DL.

I'll support the pick, but I'd be lying to you if I told you I'm 100% sold on him. I like him, but I'm not entirely confident in my assessment of him. I have so many questions that I can't get answers to bc I don't have access to that info.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am actually liking Kyle Long, I think he is a better fit than Fluker.

He has the makings of a stud LG
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I don't know, I'm not a huge Tank fan. I'm with BBD about him getting off the ball. To me, that's not something you can teach. You either can get off the ball or you can't. He struggles with that and I'm not a believer it's something you can coach. It's not a matter of technique or skill.

If we're talking about him in the second, I'd be all for it. In the first? Not so much.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Christ forenci, who do you like then?

Also, grabbed Jordan Hill in the 4th, I am awesome.
Quote:
Old 04-15-2013, 10:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

#Scotty4GM
Old 04-15-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Christ forenci, who do you like then?

Also, grabbed Jordan Hill in the 4th, I am awesome.
Richardson (if his character stuff checks out), Ansah, Fluker, Cooper, Warmack, Vaccaro, Trufant and MAYBE Rhodes. Not sure on Rhodes yet though. The stiff hips really scare me.