Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-09-2013, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To get to 15 we would probably have to give up this years first second 3rd and maybe next years 3rd. That is from me playing around on the trade value chart on here. Idk with all of our needs. But if we really feel he can be a Percy Harvin like dynamic slot wr I would really consider making the jump.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:41 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like its come down to 10 guys that'll be available in the first round.
- Here's the 10 most likely possibilities.

10) WR, Robert Woods.
9) OL, D.J. Fluker.
8) WR, DeAndre Hopkins
7) S, Johnathan Cyprien.
6) S, Matt Elam.
5) ILB, Alec Ogletree.
4) ILB, Manti Te'o.
3) TE, Tyler Eifert.
2) S, Kenny Vaccaro.
1) WR, Tavon Austin.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it's likely Austin is at 32. But wow thinking of our offense with him would be nuts. Smith and jones going deep with Austin pitta and rice working the short routes would be amazing
Old 04-09-2013, 05:22 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is about a 0% chance Tavon Austin makes it to our pick. That said, Keenan Allen ran a 4.71 at his pro day and might fall right into our laps. I've been aboard the Allen train since before this past season, and Mike Mayock compared him to Anquan Boldin in his analysis today. Might be a perfect fit at 32.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd even wager Allen slips to day 2. When I saw what he ran my first instinct was Ozzie will trade down and snag him in the second. He and Sizzle can run slow 40's and still get into Ball So Hard University. The injury is a concern but it's worth the pick.

As we get closer to the draft, I get the feeling that we won't take an inside linebacker early. For one, we've passed on them so many times before when ever year, the question was who will be the heir apparent to Ray. The only high pick I can think of was Tavares Gooden, and he was a total bust. With the history of finding Bart Scott, Dannell Ellerbe, Jameel McClain as UDFAs and Ed Hartwell as a late round guy, I think Ozzie will pass and look for a veteran after the draft (hoping it's Dansby).

I hope they don't plan to start Ihedigbo. He's a great locker room guy but could for sure be upgraded.

Here's my ideal (borderline realistic) draft scenario at the moment not counting trading for Tavon Austin...

2. Trade down for Keenan Allen (pick up a 4th)
2. Trade the 4th to move up and take D.J. Swearinger
3. Overdraft, but take Xavier Nixon here who has legit LT potential (dream scenario has Terron Armstead here)
4. Take Nico Johnson (I know some of yall aren't fans but he's got a chance to be solid in the middle and as much as I root for Bynes, I'm not sure he's gonna be the guy)
4. Take Chris Faulk (love loading up on o-lineman and insurance at RT in case Oher leaves in FA and Reid can't step up)
5. Trade for next years 4th
5. C Dalton Freeman (more linemen! competes with Gradkowski)
6. TE Matt Furstenburg (not great size but athletic and high effort blocker)
6. S Bacarri Rambo (character concerns but taken for name/ST ability)
7. Trade it for next years 6th
7. OLB Nathan Williams (because not all pre-draft meetings are smokescreens)

After doing this, I feel like we have too many picks. There's nothing better than getting picks a round better for waiting a year. I didn't address DL or CB - I like the youth we have. Didn't take a RB either, Bobby Rainey is a pro-bowler in the making and Vonta Leach needs to run more for the sake of football itself.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's play a game. Name a prospect (or more than one) that you're sure that the Ravens won't take with their first pick.

I'm going with Menelik Watson. He's pretty much the antithesis of every first pick Newsome has ever made.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
asham27
Rookie

asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm expecting a trade down from 32. There's so much depth in this draft.
asham27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:06 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asham27 View Post
I'm expecting a trade down from 32. There's so much depth in this draft.
Right now I'm thinking it's a 60-40 in favor of trading down but obviously it take two to tango. Will be easy to get good value at S, WR and ILB outside of round 1.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's hard to project if the Ravens will trade back because we have no idea who will be available. With as many picks as they already have I think we're going to be seeing them trade up more often than trading back. It's hard to imagine Baltimore actually using all 12 of their picks and/or acquiring more.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:50 AM    (permalink
asham27
Rookie

asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asham27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think in the late first and early second there will be a lot of movement with teams will start moving up who are looking to draft one of the QBs .
asham27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:33 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
It's hard to project if the Ravens will trade back because we have no idea who will be available. With as many picks as they already have I think we're going to be seeing them trade up more often than trading back. It's hard to imagine Baltimore actually using all 12 of their picks and/or acquiring more.
I forgot about us having so many picks when I was thinking about the trade back. Certainly makes it seem less likely. Hopefully we are aggressive in the mid rounds in going up and getting the guys we want having all those picks.

I'd be surprised if we moved up in the first simply because I'm not sure who we would target. Should be able to find very good value at ILB, SS, and WR. No LT will be in striking range. Maybe Cooper or Warmack if one of them fell into the early 20's to play center or guard depending on how the OL situation shakes itself out. Maybe we could see something if Tavon or Cordarrelle fall into that range but no matter who it was for it would still kinda surprise me to see us move up in round one. .
Old 04-14-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Kiper thinks Arthur Brown can be at our 2nd round pick. Anyone believe that?
Old 04-14-2013, 02:38 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I forgot about us having so many picks when I was thinking about the trade back. Certainly makes it seem less likely. Hopefully we are aggressive in the mid rounds in going up and getting the guys we want having all those picks.

I'd be surprised if we moved up in the first simply because I'm not sure who we would target. Should be able to find very good value at ILB, SS, and WR. No LT will be in striking range. Maybe Cooper or Warmack if one of them fell into the early 20's to play center or guard depending on how the OL situation shakes itself out. Maybe we could see something if Tavon or Cordarrelle fall into that range but no matter who it was for it would still kinda surprise me to see us move up in round one. .
Yeah I don't think Ozzie is going to move up in the first round. If Austin fell he might be a good target but I'm not sure Patterson would be high on their list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
No but it would be amazing (if the Ravens took him at 62 at least).
Old 04-14-2013, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yeah I would consider him at 32. But I didnt think he would even make it to 32. It will be interesting to see if we address MLB early.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Hell no. We'll be lucky if he's there at 32. He's been building a lot of steam lately and there are a lot of LB needy teams in the 20's. You guys already know he's 'The Guy' I want at 32. If he's still there and we don't take him I'm gonna be pretty upset.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Definitely. Adding a rangy LB that's not a liability inside would do wonders for the front seven. It's already going to look quite a bit different with the additions of Dumervil, Canty, and Spears and even more so if Ngata plays more NT. Baltimore has the pass-rushing OLBs as well as the run-defending DL, SAM, and some MIKEs that are good at it but nobody that can drop back effectively. If they don't get Brown then Greene would be next on my wishlist.
Old 04-14-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has to get by the Bears, Giants, Bengals, and Vikings. I agree - don't think he makes it to us even in round 1.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lately, I've been wanting the Ravens to draft Khaseem Greene more and more.
He's arguably the most athletic linebacker in the draft, and while he gets knocked on his size (6'1 240), He's still growing, both into his body and into a complete linebacker.
- Great instincts, knack for big plays and terrific motor and athleticism in coverage.
-- However, he does need to develop his overall strength and size, which is the biggest knock on his game.

I'd love him in the 3rd.
That way for the 1st and 2nd picks we can address safety and WR/OL needs
Old 04-16-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I doubt Greene last to the Ravens second round pick. He would probably be at the top of my list if he fell to #62 and Baltimore didn't take a ILB before then.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...8-4c1309f12ec5

Quote:
Osemele, Not Oher, At Left Tackle
Didn't know if this had been posted yet.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.

Last edited by Sloopy : 04-16-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:08 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Yeah Ozzie (I think) said that Osemele would probably get the first crack at LT if they had to start things today. I hope they find somebody else for that position though. Osemele is a dominant LG. With him there and Yanda lined up at RG Flacco had a really clean pocket to work with. Those two pretty much completely negated any interior pressure. It sure seems like they don't want to move Oher back to LT unless they absolutely have to.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:16 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

LT - Osemele
LG - Reid/Harewood?
C - Gradkowski
RG - Yanda
RT - Oher

*Either way you slice it, Gradkowski is average at best, unproven, and certainly won't be able to handle to job at center full time.
Guard is also a concern with both Harewood and Reid being unproven and coming off injuries.
- As I mentioned earlier, someone like Barrett Jones would be ideal in the 2nd. He's versatile and extremely intelligent - he'd easily take over at center from the get go.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:02 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

If Gradkowski is unproven how can you say he's average at best and won't be able to handle starting at center?
Old 04-17-2013, 08:37 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
If Gradkowski is unproven how can you say he's average at best and won't be able to handle starting at center?
From a skill-set stand point Gradkowski has average tools - average strength at the point of attack - decent in pass protection but get's little to no push in the run game - He's just not powerful enough to handle the job.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:54 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

That's like the exact opposite of what I've observed in his very limited playing time.