Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-05-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
People will just "deal with it" by buying the PS4. I mean what a ******* douche.
Yikes, looking more and more like the Xbox Durango made indeed be "always on". Say goodbye to one customer if that's the case. Didn't want to purchase the PS4 but if true Sony has taken a massive lead in the next gen console sweepstakes in my eyes.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Xbox has a good thing going for them right now. I don't see how pushing an 'always on' system is in their interests. They gained their market by being the most accessible of the platforms and catering to the hardcore shooting crowd.

The only thing that this does is make them more attractive to publishers because it guarantees that they won't lose money from people buying the game secondhand. So...their exclusives had best be amazing when they launch.

I've already bought 4 xboxes, so hopefully this next time they will remove the 1 year self destruct sequence that they must install into the consoles.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Xbox has a good thing going for them right now. I don't see how pushing an 'always on' system is in their interests. They gained their market by being the most accessible of the platforms and catering to the hardcore shooting crowd.

The only thing that this does is make them more attractive to publishers because it guarantees that they won't lose money from people buying the game secondhand. So...their exclusives had best be amazing when they launch.

I've already bought 4 xboxes, so hopefully this next time they will remove the 1 year self destruct sequence that they must install into the consoles.
#Dealwithit
Old 04-05-2013, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Old 04-05-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Old 04-12-2013, 05:20 PM    (permalink
morrise18
Rookie

morrise18 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Soooooo Bioshock Infinite is way to god damn addicting.
Yeah, yeah it is.
morrise18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
morrise18
Rookie

morrise18 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post

If they pull that, they have doomed their place in the video game market.
morrise18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it's "always on" I will not be buying it. Internet troubles are part of life. When my internet goes out I pretty much always rely on my Xbox for fun.

Also, the whole "get with the times" thing is idiotic and discriminatory against lower income people. A lot of people do not have access to high speed internet may want to buy an Xbox.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've played Bioshock, Dishonored, and Far Cry 3 all within the last few months... I think all 3 are on my top 5 favorite games to go along with Red Dead Redemption and COD4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
+rep. It's awesome how I read the entire thing in Bane's voice.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I've played Bioshock, Dishonored, and Far Cry 3 all within the last few months... I think all 3 are on my top 5 favorite games to go along with Red Dead Redemption and COD4.
Bioshock is most certainly one of the better games ive played in the last few years. I loved it. Just beat 1999 mode today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:36 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn you xbox live for being down on black ops 2 double xp weekend .. Damn you!!
Old 04-13-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
FINALLY! I've been talking about how awesome this game is for months and no one to talk about it. Far Cry 3 has been one of my favorite games in a long time.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The game play for Far Cry 3 was great. I really enjoyed it. However, the thing that holds it back to me is a crappy story. It was just really dumb. They could have done something REALLY spectacular with it.

Still a great game though. Which, for me, I think is surprising because story is very very important to me.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You ass holes need to go play Bioshock. Right meow. Someone on here needs to discuss the story/ending with me. It is quite excellent.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:25 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
The game play for Far Cry 3 was great. I really enjoyed it. However, the thing that holds it back to me is a crappy story. It was just really dumb. They could have done something REALLY spectacular with it.

Still a great game though. Which, for me, I think is surprising because story is very very important to me.
Agreed. I think it was an excellent game but hardly something memorable. Dishonored on the other hand just amazing. Judging by all the reviews and talk on here I need to give the Bioshock series another chance. I played the original when it first came out and maybe played it a few hours before walking away.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Agreed. I think it was an excellent game but hardly something memorable. Dishonored on the other hand just amazing. Judging by all the reviews and talk on here I need to give the Bioshock series another chance. I played the original when it first came out and maybe played it a few hours before walking away.
What was it that you didn't like about it? I can give you a good indication of whether or not this one will change your mind any.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-14-2013, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
What was it that you didn't like about it? I can give you a good indication of whether or not this one will change your mind any.
To be honest it's been sooooo long since I played it I couldn't tell you. I'm going to re-install it since I already have it and give it another shot. I really enjoy a good story-line and from all indications the first game had one of the better ones.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
This is awesome.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Wanted to follow up. Installed it and just finished it 30 seconds ago. I want to kick the 2007 version of me for not giving the game a chance. Incredible story and the combat system gave me a more weighty HL2 vibe. Excellent game.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bioshock Infinite - 9.5/10
Far Cry 3 - 9/10

Wanted a new game + with Bioshock so you could play it on a harder difficulty with everything you beat the game with. Told a great story but after I beat it I wanted more. Interested to see what kind of DLC they release.

Far Cry 3 has really addicting game play. My favorite part of the game was taking over Out Posts. They have an option to reset them all after you beat the game. The story was a little wacky but had great moments.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1999 Mode for Bioshock Infinite is awesome after beating the game.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yay more rumors

Quote:
Xbox 720 will not require an online connection to function, the recent round of VGLeaks specs were correct and Kinect 2.0 is a thing. That’s the claim of an alleged Microsoft insider working in software, who has spilled plenty of fresh information online.
Quote:
“You are not required to be connected to the internet in order to play Durango games and MS were NEVER considering doing such a thing. Now please, just read that last sentence over and over again until it sinks in. Done? Good.”
Quote:
The source also stated every VGLeaks article pertaining to the console’s specs so far has been true, and added that each new Xbox 720 rig will ship with an Xbox 360 SOC for backwards compatibility.
Quote:
On the issue of the Xbox 720 controller, the source said that the design is unchanged, but that the controller now houses an improved D-Pad that looks identical to the Xbox 360's, but will feel different.
Quote:
The source also confirmed that rumours surrounding new, cheaper Xbox Mini or Xbox TV models geared toward entertainment rather than games are also true.
Quote:
In terms of OS, the source stated that both models of Xbox 720 would run on a full version of Windows 8 – minus interface – and that it will run the new WinRT framework, which the source claims will make Microsoft’s rig the most “indie friendly” console of the next generation.
Quote:
Durango will implement different power states so that it can always be powered on, but will draw minimal electricity when not in use. The console will be ready instantly when users want to play, and will always maintain a network connection so that console software and games are always current.
http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/17/xbox...source-claims/
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Durango will implement different power states so that it can always be powered on, but will draw minimal electricity when not in use. The console will be ready instantly when users want to play, and will always maintain a network connection so that console software and games are always current.
Quote:
“You are not required to be connected to the internet in order to play Durango games and MS were NEVER considering doing such a thing. Now please, just read that last sentence over and over again until it sinks in. Done? Good.”

Sayyy WHAATTT!!

Sooo its not needed, but they greatly appreaciate it being on always, and they can monitor you.

WATCH out people, they gonna spy on you!!

I'm still going to buy one, once it drops down to a reasonable price.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Yeah, I mean, as long as it's not super expensive and not always online I will be buying it. PS4 is pretty craptastic, and the Wii U is a joke.

If done right, Microsoft/Xbox can really separate itself from its competitors this generation.