Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Matched to have a starting WR. Cotch, Plax, or a rookie? No thanks. I wouldn't have hated either decision, but this one clearly makes the team better this year, and that's a good thing when you have franchise QB. Give him the weapons he needs to give this team a chance every year. With Wallace gone and Heath out, this almost had to happen.

The free agents can wait. Especially a RB. Veterans were left unsigned forever last offseason and likely will be again.
The Steelers still completely bungled this. If they thought Sanders was an essential piece for this season and needed to win now, they should have given him a higher tender and scared away the vultures. Totally mismanaged.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:28 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
The Steelers still completely bungled this. If they thought Sanders was an essential piece for this season and needed to win now, they should have given him a higher tender and scared away the vultures. Totally mismanaged.
A first round tender would have been close to 3 mil... so we would have ended up paying him more

a 2nd round tender is worth 2.023 mil and a 3rd was whatever... close to one 1.5?? i forget exactly

we took a small gamble and it did not work but we still get a good receiver for 2.5mil thats not exactly breaking the bank

and if they work out an extension - even better

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

All I'm sayin now, is Sanders better not have any drops and fumbles!
Old 04-15-2013, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanders is a good no2/3 receiver, we still need a 'true' number 1 imo, someone with the body to scare opposing d's, Brown is scary in space, but he doesn't scare people physically.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm not really liking the scouting report on JHunter! Sounds like injuries, mental problems show a red flag?

KAllen having a bad work out and injuries too, it seems CPatterson is the only WR worth the 17 pick, and I'm not even sure about that.

last week I thought I had a pretty clear idea of what rnds 1-3 would look like. With Sanders being brought back we still need a big reliable wr, but which one and which round I'm totally lost?
Old 04-15-2013, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Robert Woods, but it doesn't look like the value will match any of our picks. He'll probably go very early round 2 if he doesn't get into the bottom of round 1.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:11 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take one of Woods, Allen or Hunter in the 2nd. And hope Tony Clemons has progressed with a year on the p.s. With that in mind, new mock...

1 - Chance Warmack
2 - Justin Hunter
3 - Le'Veon Bell
4 - John Bostic
5 - Josh Boyce
6 - Duke Williams
6 - Zac Dysert
7 - Michael Mauti
Old 04-16-2013, 08:33 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

solid, solid mock

i kind of like the idea of snagging eifert at 17 - he gives us that big body wr type and is faster than allen - about as fast as hopkins and can also block / fill in for heath on the los

Old 04-16-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4th annual mock game will be back. Make sure to post all final mocks by next Thursday before the first round starts. Ill have an updated but not yet final up tonight.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

yall might as well gimme your $$ now

Old 04-16-2013, 02:35 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Just saw yet another Jarvis Jones to the Steelers Mock...

To me - Jarvis Jones is exactly like that girl you thought you always wanted to bang until it appears that she is kind of into you and then you realize all of these negative things about her and you're really not that into her after all.

I mean obviously you still hit it and it ends up being pretty sweet so you have absolutely no regrets and you may even end up liking when its all said and done her but still... that doesnt exactly fit into this metaphor soooo whatever.

Old 04-16-2013, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post

To me - Jarvis Jones is exactly like that girl you thought you always wanted to bang until it appears that she is kind of into you and then you realize all of these negative things about her and you're really not that into her after all.

I mean obviously you still hit it and it ends up being pretty sweet so you have absolutely no regrets and you may even end up liking when its all said and done her but still... that doesnt exactly fit into this metaphor soooo whatever.
This!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Updated mock draft:

1) Kenny Vaccaro S Texas
2) Robert Woods WR USC
3) Le'Veon Bell RB Michigan State
4) Barrett Jones OL Alabama
5) Tavarres King WR Georgia
6a) Michael Mauti LB Penn State
6b) Tharold Simon CB LSU
7) Ryan Griffin QB Tulane
Old 04-16-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Updated mock draft:

1) Kenny Vaccaro S Texas
2) Robert Woods WR USC
6b) Tharold Simon CB LSU

This might be one of my favorites! If Vaccaro is as good as all the "analysts" say, why not?!

If it's not ABrown or KGreene in the 2nd I'd be fine with waiting for Mauti.

Woods and Bell in Black n Gold would make me happy!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Quote:
Updated mock draft:

1) Kenny Vaccaro S Texas
2) Robert Woods WR USC
6b) Tharold Simon CB LSU
Very nice, i like!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:12 AM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is mine , trying to guess what they'll do this year is so hard

1 - Jonanthan Cooper - G - North Carolina
2 - Khaseem Greene - ILB - Rutgers
3 - Le'Veon Bell - RB - Michigan State
4 - Duke Williams - S - Nevada
5 - Will Davis - CB - Utah State
6 - Josh Boyce - WR - TCU
6 - Landry Jones - QB - Oklahoma
7 - Nik Embernete - OL - San Diego State

I wouldn't be too mad with Cooper in the 1st ... But i'd rather have a "sexy pick" ... but it's hard to say Cooper won't be BPA at that point ... and while I really want a trade down , the Steelers usually just grab BPA on their boards
Cbrunn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSteeler View Post
Kniles Davis is a rb not many people are talking about. He seems to be faster than LBell with the same size?

And what do you guys know about fumbling with the rbs? Any of them have fumbling problems?
fragile, upright runner....could be a good fit though...i just dont know about him, he looked horrible much more than he looked good
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrunn View Post
These are my 4 players I want

WR Quinton Patton

FS David Amerson

CB Tyrann Mathieu

SS Duke Williams
Im just not a fan of patton at all....Amerson im HUGE on though, i think he could be an awesome fit at both FS and CB for our defense. Honeybadger would put *** to shame as a NB
Quote:
obviously i'm in the minority here and i hope that i'm wrong if we get him but i just am not sure jarvis jones is a good fit for what we do and how often our olb's are asked to drop in coverage
I think hes good enough in space, no one is gonna confuse him with Dion Jordan but he'd be better than woodley and honestly for what woodley is, hes solid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:43 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSteeler View Post
I'm not really liking the scouting report on JHunter! Sounds like injuries, mental problems show a red flag?

KAllen having a bad work out and injuries too, it seems CPatterson is the only WR worth the 17 pick, and I'm not even sure about that.

last week I thought I had a pretty clear idea of what rnds 1-3 would look like. With Sanders being brought back we still need a big reliable wr, but which one and which round I'm totally lost?
Sanders still has a considerable amount of upside, hes just not a good compliment for brown in haleys offense. While i do think Austin is a great and dynamic player i would be disappointed with him at 17...i love me some patterson though.

As far as hunter goes hes a way better route runner, hes pretty explosive down field (little slow off the snap), but the biggest concern with him is easy drops and hes pretty uninterested in the run game. Hes definitely more comfortable on his knee now than he was last year though

I love patterson, his worse games were losses against mississippi state and georgia, but those were also justin hunters worse games. I did not see those games in full but they were both losses and they were both very ineffective, which makes me think that Bray was given a fit up front. Tennessees running game and offensive line was not very good

Also, its not a game of stats with patterson its all about how his skills translate to the NFL...he had 8 TDs playing 1 year of D-1 football, 5 REC, and 3 Rushing. Theres no doubt hes raw, but theres also no questioning his ability in the open field and ability to make plays in the redzone early in his career. Is he going to have 100 catches and run crisp routes? no. Will he be a guy that can score 5-8 TDs as a rookie? Probably...in the right system (and haleys would be oh so right for him) he could be a double digit TD guy without even registering a start. Realistically he wouldnt "start" for us, but he would see the field and be able tun slants/go/screens very effectively and get the dez bryant treatment as a rookie.

Really haley wants the WRs to run short, intermeidate routes and ben to get the ball out quickly, but after his reads if he doesnt throw it the idea is to get the ball down field...this is not a giants or patriots offense with a complex route tree, pattersons open field vision, size, and frame is what haley needs to work with.

To me patterson is a lot like Demaryius Thomas. Horrible route runners (Thomas never ran anything more than a 9 route at GT, now hes a top 5 WR). Thomas is a perfect example though...when in the mid first, terrible route runner, dumb as a rock...but stud WR. Both thomas and patterson had 46 catches and 8 TDs in their last year in college, thomas averaged about 10 more per catch though because he was only asked to run 25 yards down the field in the triple option

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I want Robert Woods, but it doesn't look like the value will match any of our picks. He'll probably go very early round 2 if he doesn't get into the bottom of round 1.
I like woods, doesnt offer much after the catch like haley will want in the offense. Reminds me of reggie wayne though
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
I'd take one of Woods, Allen or Hunter in the 2nd. And hope Tony Clemons has progressed with a year on the p.s. With that in mind, new mock...

1 - Chance Warmack
2 - Justin Hunter
3 - Le'Veon Bell
4 - John Bostic
5 - Josh Boyce
6 - Duke Williams
6 - Zac Dysert
7 - Michael Mauti
That is a delicious draft

Quote:
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:47 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:

Eh, I get why people are down on him...i just watch him and see a pure stud pass rusher though
Quote:
Updated mock draft:

1) Kenny Vaccaro S Texas
2) Robert Woods WR USC
6b) Tharold Simon CB LSU
Honestly if we were going that route (i dont see jones making it out of the second round personally) Id just rather reach a bit and take elam, who i think is quite a bit better than vaccaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrunn View Post
Here is mine , trying to guess what they'll do this year is so hard

1 - Jonanthan Cooper - G - North Carolina
2 - Khaseem Greene - ILB - Rutgers
3 - Le'Veon Bell - RB - Michigan State
4 - Duke Williams - S - Nevada
5 - Will Davis - CB - Utah State
6 - Josh Boyce - WR - TCU
6 - Landry Jones - QB - Oklahoma
7 - Nik Embernete - OL - San Diego State

I wouldn't be too mad with Cooper in the 1st ... But i'd rather have a "sexy pick" ... but it's hard to say Cooper won't be BPA at that point ... and while I really want a trade down , the Steelers usually just grab BPA on their boards
Solid, everyone loves bell...im not the biggest fan. I can see him being more like tony hunt, hes a big runner but he doesnt really run like one.

I love the landry jones pick. Greene is a great fit in the middle, this still leaves a serious amount of doubt at pass rusher though. Cooper would be the perfect LG and the final piece to the puzzle

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:08 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

word has it that atlanta wants to move up...

what would it take to go from 30 - 17?

their 1 plus their 3 and both of their 4's?

i could work with that

Old 04-17-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

To jump 13 spots id want 30 and 60, and im still not very thrilled about it

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:28 PM    (permalink
lance uppercut
Rookie

lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
To jump 13 spots id want 30 and 60, and im still not very thrilled about it
I'd be ok with the first & second, we'd wind up with some good value I bet. maybe like Arthur Brown + WR + Eric Reid through those first three picks, then you focus in on Bell/Ball in round 3 and one of the OLBs they like in 4. Lacy also becomes a lot more plausible at 1.30 as well.

If I were Colbert, though, I'd be trying to negotiate for 1.30 plus a 2014 first. doubt Dimitroff would part with another first rounder as he did with Julio, but then again, that sure worked out well...

the problem is, they may need to move ahead of St. Louis if Eifert is their target. doubt we're the trading partner when it's all said and done.
lance uppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance uppercut View Post
I'd be ok with the first & second, we'd wind up with some good value I bet. maybe like Arthur Brown + WR + Eric Reid through those first three picks, then you focus in on Bell/Ball in round 3 and one of the OLBs they like in 4. Lacy also becomes a lot more plausible at 1.30 as well.

If I were Colbert, though, I'd be trying to negotiate for 1.30 plus a 2014 first. doubt Dimitroff would part with another first rounder as he did with Julio, but then again, that sure worked out well...

the problem is, they may need to move ahead of St. Louis if Eifert is their target. doubt we're the trading partner when it's all said and done.
St Louis? I wouldnt mind eifert but St Louis has lance kendricks and just signed jared cook for a cool $35 million

Quote:

The hell he won't, lol.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:50 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

i think eifert makes some sense... but only if he falls to the falcons at 30

whoever it is they must feel like is an key component to a super bowl run this year and honestly i dont see too many prospects in our range that can come in and contribute from day 1...

maybe one of either cooper / warmack if they fall - i honestly dont know of ATL's interior line situation

i dont see it being a corner.. if it is then thats stupid - most corners struggle year one and there isnt even a true elite corner in this draft

maybe a pass rusher like bjoren if he falls?

Old 04-17-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see a scenario where you have both guards (Cooper/Warmack), both WR (Austin/Patterson), the safety (Vaccaro), the TE (Eifert) and the pash rushers (Mingo, Ansah, Jones) all gone. If that scenario would occur, and Pittsburgh was not able to find a trade parter to move down, who would you select?
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote