Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 04-17-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Proceed With Caution - TRADES AHEAD!

I might add a second round on the weekend if I have time, but for now here's my latest mock draft. There's 6 trades (5 if you don't include the Revis deal which I still expect to go down), not as many as last season where I believe there was 9 but the value this year is fairly similar so not many teams will want/need to move up. But, there's going to be deals, there always is, it's almost impossible to predict them but I think I've made some somewhat educated guesses as to who might move up and who they may target to do so. I got the values from here: http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Va...equestTeam=atl

Tampa Bay trades 13, 73, 2014 6th rounder
NY Jets send Darrelle Revis

Cleveland trades 6 to Miami
Miami sends 12, 54, 2014 5th rounder

Arizona trades 7 to St. Louis
St. Louis sends 16, 46, 2014 3rd rounder

NY Jets trade 13 to Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh sends 17, 79

Cincinnati trades 21 to Atlanta
Atlanta sends 30, 92, 127

St. Louis trades 22 to Arizona
Arizona sends 38, 69, 2014 6th

1. Kansas City - Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M

2. Jacksonville - Dion Jordan, OLB, Oregon

3. Oakland - Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida

4. Philadelphia - Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan

5. Detroit - Ezekiel Ansash, DE, BYU

6. Miami (from Cleveland) - Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma

7. St. Louis (from Arizona) - Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia

8. Buffalo - Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia

9. NY Jets - Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU

10. Tennessee - Star Lotuleilei, DT, Utah

11. San Diego - D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama

12. Cleveland (from Miami) - Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama

13. Pittsburgh (from NY Jets via TB) - Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas

14. Carolina - Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri

15. New Orleans - Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia

16. Arizona (from St. Louis) - Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama

17. NY Jets (from Pittsburgh) - Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State

18. Dallas - Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina

19. NY Giants - Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State

20. Chicago - Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State

21. Atlanta (from Cincinnati) - Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington

22. Arizona (from St. Louis) - E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State

23. Minnesota - Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee

24. Indianapolis - Datone Jones, DE, UCLA

25. Minnesota - Manti Te'o, LB, Notre Dame

26. Green Bay - Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame

27. Houston - DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson

28. Denver - Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State

29. New England - Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State

30. Cincinnati (from Atlanta) - Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International

31. San Francisco - D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston

32. Baltimore - Keenan Allen, WR, California
4U2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling that the Bengals would take Reid or Elam over Cyprien, but any of them work.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:04 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trading up makes me happy, until they announce vaccaro at the podium and i kill all my roommates.

If the steeler strade up it better be for Patterson, Jones, Mingo, or Jordan....no others
Old 04-17-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
Trading up makes me happy, until they announce vaccaro at the podium and i kill all my roommates.

If the steeler strade up it better be for Patterson, Jones, Mingo, or Jordan....no others
I think Vaccaro is one of the safest picks in the draft and would fill a need for the Steelers. I think that New Orleans is a threat to take him though hence the trade to leapfrog them to secure Vaccaro. But, they could just as easily stand pat and take whoever falls also.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:11 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I truly believe that the steelers have soured on longhorns. After tony hills and limas sweed flopped and curtis brown is a potential flop in progress. They would sit tight and take Patterson, Jones, Warmack, Cooper, or Eifert. If they were to trade up for a safety it would be Elam, tomlin loves gators and elam is an excellent fit
Old 04-17-2013, 05:15 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
I truly believe that the steelers have soured on longhorns. After tony hills and limas sweed flopped and curtis brown is a potential flop in progress. They would sit tight and take Patterson, Jones, Warmack, Cooper, or Eifert. If they were to trade up for a safety it would be Elam, tomlin loves gators and elam is an excellent fit
Appreciate the insight. I'll take that into consideration before making my final mock next week. Thanks!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:22 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Buddy Nix told the media yesterday that they believe there is 2-3 QB's that are "franchise" QB's in this draft. He mentioned many times its a guy that knows how to make anticipation throws on a consistent basis. Also there are reports that the Bills staffs was enamored with Barkley after his workout and have eyes for Nassib as well. I don't think QB is the pick at 8 regardless, and I don't think they are overly high on Geno Smith. Just my 2 cents.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Star <3

(10 char)
Old 04-17-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Star > Floyd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Gridiron
Rookie

Gridiron hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

as a Jets fan, I would throw up in my mouth a little if we successfully traded back from 13 to 18 and passed on Cooper for Rhodes.
Gridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been saying that DJ Hayden is a dark horse first round pick for the Niners I like it.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ha jesus....the giants taking the fifth best OT at pick 19? that's an insane reach and i bet you a year's salary that doesn't happen

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that pick would make me very, very mad

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:47 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron View Post
as a Jets fan, I would throw up in my mouth a little if we successfully traded back from 13 to 18 and passed on Cooper for Rhodes.
As a Jets fan I've grown to expect such things, but I would agree. Trading Revis essentially for a corner we'd hope ends up almost as good as Revis, a couple threes and a future six would be disappointing. The Jets are alright at corner, they had a pretty good pass defense last year, and I'd hope they wait until the mid-rounds even if they trade Revis. Cooper to complete the OL as a potentially special G who looks like he'll fit the new offense really well or a guy like Eifert who would really help in the passing game would be preferable.

Somewhat related, John Idzik was a part of a team in Seattle that had a lot of success with cornerbacks they didn't spend premium selections on. Not sure if he brings that mindset to NY, but it certainly is a possibility.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm praying we don't go with Floyd

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Amari Cooper or Melvin Gordon Please
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:41 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good pick for the Packers.
I can see it.....

I also think there's a great chance Green Bay trades down.
A few times.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:45 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Good pick for the Packers.
I can see it.....

I also think there's a great chance Green Bay trades down.
A few times.
I almost had the Packers trade down but didn't see anybody that a team would move up for so I had them stay put.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:50 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4U2NV View Post
I almost had the Packers trade down but didn't see anybody that a team would move up for so I had them stay put.
Would have to be a QB someone wants.
Tavon Austin #7 overall... nice spot for a WR.
Wasn't both Troy Williamson (in 2005) and DHB (2009) taken at the #7 spot?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mingo is a great pick for the Jets at 9.

Moving down from 13 (if we get it) to 18 would be very nice. Now, I'm a fan of Rhodes. I think he's a beautiful fit in our scheme. But it would be extremely tough to pass on Eifert or Cooper for a corner.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:54 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The trades with Arizona are extremely questionable if not ludicrous from the Rams point of view.

1.) No one in this draft is worth trading up for in the first round; especially a smallish WR who very well will be there at #16 when we pick.

2.) Heck, man, according to your mock we could have just stayed put, saved our picks, and taken Warmack!!

3.) The trade down from #22 to #38 and #69 is not horrible but considering the fact that we just helped a division rival score a potential starting QB it makes it much less palatable. Since I am sure the Rams would know why Arizona is trading up I would think that they would demand more in the trade.

That's it for now....really hoping this doesn't happen next week.
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:14 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
The trades with Arizona are extremely questionable if not ludicrous from the Rams point of view.

1.) No one in this draft is worth trading up for in the first round; especially a smallish WR who very well will be there at #16 when we pick.

2.) Heck, man, according to your mock we could have just stayed put, saved our picks, and taken Warmack!!

3.) The trade down from #22 to #38 and #69 is not horrible but considering the fact that we just helped a division rival score a potential starting QB it makes it much less palatable. Since I am sure the Rams would know why Arizona is trading up I would think that they would demand more in the trade.

That's it for now....really hoping this doesn't happen next week.
Austin is highly unlikely to last until 16, he simply has too much buzz to go that low. Miami is very high on him and I think the Jets (especially if they secure Tampa's pick) will take a long look at him as well. Fisher was pissed last year when they missed out on Blackmon so I expect the Rams to be more aggressive this year with the number of picks they have to make sure they get "their guy" this year and they'll need to get ahead of the Jets to do it.

I never gave much thought to supplying a division rival with their future starting QB, that's a good point. I'll probably adjust that deal when I make my final one.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:25 AM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sexy. I'm warming to the idea of Teo. I think he will be a solid pro.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:53 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty solid pick by the Colts. I hope we get a pass rusher though.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote