Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-17-2013, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I'd feel like an idiot watching a show for an hour then feeling the need to have it explained to me.

No ones making anyone watch anything, doesn't mean people can't say they're dumb shows.
If Talking Bad has directors and writers from the show it will be a nice watch. If it is celebrity fans of the show I think it will be really dumb.

I have no problem with this being a show, I just won't be watching.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It can be a show all it wants. And I hope it makes a ton of money. Convince AMC to invest in making great shows because its worth it for an hour of good tv to make money for two hours of programming.

But I think talking shows suck and I won't be watching.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really curious as to who they're going to get to host it. The Walking Dead is kind of a ****** show, but Chris Hardwick would make The Talking Dead unwatchable even if TWD was on the same level as GoT/Mad Men/Breaking Bad.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Or maybe they just really enjoy the show and are interested in hearing different opinions on it?
Theres this new thing called the internet. Its great, they should try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:10 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Theres this new thing called the internet. Its great, they should try it.
But having another outlet to hear opinions hurts what exactly? I seriously don't understand.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But having another outlet to hear opinions hurts what exactly? I seriously don't understand.
I'm just being a dick haha. I really don't care one way or another if breaking bad has a talk show. I don't like the idea of "talk" shows but I am rather indifferent towards this. It just seems unnecessary to me.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:50 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
You could dissect Breaking Bad for hours on end. I'm not saying it'd be great TV (especially if AMC wants ratings ahead of genuine insight), but there's sense in having a discussion show afterward.
I love the show. Love it. But lets not get carried away with the symbolism and dimensions of characters. It is what it is, and it is a great plot. But there is nothing deep about this show with the exception of Walt's inner struggles of what is good/bad anymore.

Dissecting it for hours? Agree to disagree on that one.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think junior is the deepest character. Not even close. He has evil buried inside him.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
I think junior is the deepest character. Not even close. He has evil buried inside him.
Is the evil side of him named Flynn?

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-17-2013, 06:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's only evil when he doesn't get his pancakes.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Is the evil side of him named Flynn?
Hope you're ready for Flynnsanity this season.

Old 04-17-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
No one makes you people watch this stuff ...

I support it because I support anything that helps AMC grow and attract viewers of any sort. The network is responsible for some of the best content on TV.
AMC is run by empty suits who have no clue what they're doing. Look at the laundry list of people they've pissed off. I'm done with AMC once Breaking Bad wraps in the fall. I have no desire to support a channel that can't get it's **** together and treats their talent like crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AMC also is responsible for Mad Men though which is the second best show on television. I mean that is possibly the two greatest television shows of all time there.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:21 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
AMC also is responsible for Mad Men though which is the second best show on television. I mean that is possibly the two greatest television shows of all time there.
And they've managed to royally annoy the creators of both Mad Men and Breaking Bad.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
And they've managed to royally annoy the creators of both Mad Men and Breaking Bad.
Fair enough. Fortunately neither show has suffered because of it. I mean I guess Breaking bad could be effected but we will only know once the show has ended.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Breaking Bad to death, but thank god I will never have to worry about Mad Men having a stupid ******* discussion show after it.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
I love the show. Love it. But lets not get carried away with the symbolism and dimensions of characters. It is what it is, and it is a great plot. But there is nothing deep about this show with the exception of Walt's inner struggles of what is good/bad anymore.

Dude.......stop while your ahead. Almost every shot of this show could be analyzed with how much detail Gilligan puts in every scene.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-17-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Dude.......stop while your ahead. Almost every shot of this show could be analyzed with how much detail Gilligan puts in every scene.
So technically.....Stop while I'm behind is what your are saying.

If you dont mind - Can you name 1 glaring example that went over my head.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 04-17-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

The entire Fly episode.

Old 04-17-2013, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
The entire Fly episode.
I ******* love that episode. I have spent hours with friends talking about the meaning of everything in The Fly.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Breaking Bad has as much symbolism and foreshadowing as any show on TV right now. It's not even a case of people thinking they're seeing things that aren't really there because Giligan has never made a secret of it.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

Quote:
So technically.....Stop while I'm behind is what your are saying.

If you dont mind - Can you name 1 glaring example that went over my head.
How much do you know about cinematography?

Quote:
Old 04-17-2013, 08:27 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a complete cinematography n00b and even i can see and appreciate the stuff BB throws out. And my inexperience with that kind of stuff is why i enjoy reading these threads. Completely indifferent about the talk show since i won't be watching it, though if there's writers on it, it may be interesting.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:56 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Breaking Bad has as much symbolism and foreshadowing as any show on TV right now. It's not even a case of people thinking they're seeing things that aren't really there because Giligan has never made a secret of it.
Foreshadowing is one thing.

Hidden Symbolism behind every single scene is a little much imo.

And yes - I enjoyed the Fly episode.

EDIT: (NOT DIRECTED AT YO, JUST IN GENERAL) F it, I'll go into some more detail since some of you want to jump all over people. As for Gilligan says this and Gilligan has said this is special meaning for future reference. First things first. Gilligan has always maintained that everything falls back on the concept of good and evil, and what morals people lean on when things are going good or going bad. That is what everything comes down to - Simple as that. That's why we all knew Walt had really lost his **** when we found out he poisoned the boy on purpose to get Jessie back on his side vs Gus. There is blatant hidden signs for you to think about aka Walt Whitman, Pink Bear etc. And then you get the answers later as the season goes on as long as you remember certain parts that continuously throw in your face.

Do I understand cinematography at a high level? Hell no. I'll miss little things. But to say every single scene or even every single episode has a hidden meaning is ******* nuts.

Then again, I still enjoy different points of views on BB and the morals that are being questioned.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 04-18-2013 at 02:53 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:46 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I actually don't entirely disagree with your premise. The show is filled with some subtle/some unsubtle foreshadowing through symbolism. The thing people can "dissect for hours" is 'does this shot/symbol/imagery/line mean X event will happen in the future'. Discussing future plot events is kind of surface material and the fact that those plot events are often linked to some form of symbolism still doesn't necessarily make the content as deep or metaphorical as some people like to think it is. Uncovering 'the what' is more the focus than 'the why' because by now the why (intentions) is pretty much right out on the table.

By no means do I think it's a shallow show but I can understand why you think it's more just an action/plot driven show. I think you're a little extreme in oversimplifying it to an extent and I do think there is a enough substance every week to fuel a discussion program.