Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 04-14-2013, 05:44 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
im hoping for a 2013/2014 starting C, 3-4 DE, CB, FS and SS.
The future at center is already on the roster. Don't forget, Baalke traded up(forking over a sixth and seventh rounder) to draft Kilgore. He should do fine once given the chance to start.
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great video for armchair GMs. Take note at 35:10...

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 04-14-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:22 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Great video for armchair GMs. Take note at 35:10...

The fortunate thing is that, as Maraathe eluded to, Bowman could excel as a 4-3 OLB, as well, so the sacrifice could be made. The traditional TED is gone on this defense.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The future at center is already on the roster. Don't forget, Baalke traded up(forking over a sixth and seventh rounder) to draft Kilgore. He should do fine once given the chance to start.
This is what I've been saying. I don't view center as a need whatsoever. Maybe they grab a center late as a practice squad guy for a year then backup Kilgore next year. Doubtful they use an early pick there. Unless they want a potential Iupati replacement if they view Kilgore as a guard. That's the only scenario that makes sense.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
This is what I've been saying. I don't view center as a need whatsoever. Maybe they grab a center late as a practice squad guy for a year then backup Kilgore next year. Doubtful they use an early pick there. Unless they want a potential Iupati replacement if they view Kilgore as a guard. That's the only scenario that makes sense.
And I feel that if Baalke viewed Kilgore as a Guard he wouldn't have drafted Looney and Slowey, and then signed Leonard Davis.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:55 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

updated mock draft :

updated mock draft

1) #31- Round 1 - desmond trufant : cb
2) #34- Round 2 - jonathan cyprien : s
3) #61- Round 2 slyvester williams : dt
4) #74- Round 3 (From Panthers) jordan reed : te
5) #93- Round 3 david queensberry : c
6) #128- Round 4 da'rick rogers : wr
7) #131- Round 4 (Comp) mike gillislee : rb
8) #157- Round 5 (From Colts) aj klein : ilb
9) #164- Round 5 rod sweeting : cb
10) #180- Round 6 (From Dolphins) monteri hughes - nt
11) #227- Round 7 (taylor mays deal ) jordan mills : ot
12) #237- Round 7 garrett gilkey : g
13) #246- Round 7 (Comp) david bass : de
14) #252- Round 7 (Comp) dustin hopkins : k
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
And I feel that if Baalke viewed Kilgore as a Guard he wouldn't have drafted Looney and Slowey, and then signed Leonard Davis.
Well Slowey is a center but I get your point. And Looney has apprenticed at center as well. I think Baalke likes versatile interior lineman.....guys who can be excel at either guard spot, or center. It helps with the 45 active on gamedays. My like for Barrett Jones was not a indictment on Kilgore. I just just think Jones is a very talented player who could play any number of roles for us on the line. But Kilgore is the future@center in my eyes. I think he'll do great there.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Well Slowey is a center but I get your point. And Looney has apprenticed at center as well. I think Baalke likes versatile interior lineman.....guys who can be excel at either guard spot, or center. It helps with the 45 active on gamedays. My like for Barrett Jones was not a indictment on Kilgore. I just just think Jones is a very talented player who could play any number of roles for us on the line. But Kilgore is the future@center in my eyes. I think he'll do great there.
Slowey was a Tackle that was cut making the transition but I completely agree. Baalke likes guys that can be depth at multiple positions. Because of that, your appreciation for Jones is just.

In regards to Kilgore, I don't feel he would've played as much last year, if Harbaalke didn't think highly of him. I believe he played more jumbo snaps in 2012 than Alex Boone did in 2011.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:23 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone know how many snaps Kilgore played compared to Leonard Davis?
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Does anyone know how many snaps Kilgore played compared to Leonard Davis?
Not off the top of my head, but I in some of the jumbo packages with one extra offensive lineman he was the first guy up, while Lenoard was the first guy up at guard if someone went down with an injury.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:33 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chapo nice mock draft!
Old 04-16-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Chapo nice mock draft!
thanks mate
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched Cyprien vs Duke, not impressed.
http://youtu.be/jIjpV3SJec8

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.

Last edited by Shupp : 04-16-2013 at 11:56 PM.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

DJ Hayden
Bacarri Rambo
Duke Williams

Fap
Old 04-17-2013, 09:12 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Justin Hunter
DJ Hayden
Corey Lemioner

FAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPP!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:20 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starting with a combination of Datone Jones and Jonathan Cyprien would probably do it for me, fellas. Though, both players could realistically be gone by pick 31 now it seems.

Draft fever is heating up here. I'm still pissed it's not only a weekend event like it used to be. Used to be able to travel and watch the whole draft with my brother, now it's impossible. I will continue to ***** about this, even though it doesn't do any good.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more I think about it the more moving up for Vaccaro if the price is right would make sense. With his coverage ability it could make the defense very versatile. I am still thinking the pick at 31 though is going to be either DJ Hayden or Amerson as a FS.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:00 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menardo75 View Post
The more I think about it the more moving up for Vaccaro if the price is right would make sense. With his coverage ability it could make the defense very versatile. I am still thinking the pick at 31 though is going to be either DJ Hayden or Amerson as a FS.
I'm still all for trading up for Vaccaro. I don't think Hayden or Amerson will be picked that high. Definitely not Amerson.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Shupp
Veteran

Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shupp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Amerson could be a Baalke special @ 31 or 34 to play CB or FS.

31) Datone Jones
34) DJ Hayden
61) DJ Swearinger
74) Margus Hunt
93) Shamarko Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya:The lack of ignorance in this thread is alarming.
Shupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Starting with a combination of Datone Jones and Jonathan Cyprien would probably do it for me, fellas. Though, both players could realistically be gone by pick 31 now it seems.

Draft fever is heating up here. I'm still pissed it's not only a weekend event like it used to be. Used to be able to travel and watch the whole draft with my brother, now it's impossible. I will continue to ***** about this, even though it doesn't do any good.
I'll have to stream the draft overseas this year. Gonna be weird with the 14 hour time difference.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:14 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I'm still all for trading up for Vaccaro. I don't think Hayden or Amerson will be picked that high. Definitely not Amerson.
Early on in the draft process, I was thinking the same thing but have since changed my stance on trading up for Vaccaro. He's the best FS prospect in my eyes, but not by a significant enough margin to give up draft picks for. Maybe if we were primarily, a single-high defense, or a team that needed a FS with press cover skills than maybe I coulde see why Baalke would consider trading up. But with how we defend on the back-end, which is a lot of two-deep, I'd be just as happy with Swearinger, Rambo, Reid or Cyprien in the second. Even under the radar guys like Shamarko Thomas, Cooper Taylor, Josh Evans and Keelan Johnson later on. Its too deep of a safety class to give up what it would take to get him. We'd have to trade up in the early teens, which is too high of a price, IMO. Too many guys who have similar talent, that can be had later.

I hate to keep saying this, but when you have 5 picks in the top 100 in a draft that is as deep at key positions like WR, CB, S, and D-Line as this draft is, I think it best to sit back and wait for teams to blow you away with a offer to trade back. If not, stand pat with those first 5 picks and load up on talent. If Baalke does nothing and just draft those first five picks, as is, we're going to add 5 tremendous talents to this team. After those 5 picks, all bets are off but I think were set-up nicely to be the beneficary of some good players falling right to us in Rounds1-3.

And we just signed TE Cameron Morrah formerly of the Seahawks. He was supposed to be the next Delaine Walker but never played up to his athleticism and can't seem to stay healthy. Low-risk, high reward type of signing but I doubt he makes the roster.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 04-18-2013 at 01:23 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:42 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From rotoworld -

49ers signed TE Cameron Morrah, formerly of the Seahawks. Morrah, 26, has missed 37 games over his first four seasons, and he missed the entire 2012 season with a toe injury. Morrah skipped his senior season at Cal and ran a 4.66 forty at the Combine in 2009. He's more of a receiver than blocker, and has 16 catches for 194 yards over his career. Apr 17 - 10:29 PM

Think this is a waste of a signing but I can see why it was done a week before the Draft. Dont see him making the final roster.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:55 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My 3 round mock (no trades).

31- Tank Carradine, DE/OLB (Pass Rush!)
34- Margus Hunt, DE (5-Tech, Tomsula coaches him up)
61- Travis Kelce, TE
74- Jordan Poyer, CB
93- Phillip Thomas, S

Not sure how realistic it is...just tried to throw together a quick mock that i felt solved our needs (except for WR).
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:47 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

Quote:
Early on in the draft process, I was thinking the same thing but have since changed my stance on trading up for Vaccaro. He's the best FS prospect in my eyes, but not by a significant enough margin to give up draft picks for. Maybe if we were primarily, a single-high defense, or a team that needed a FS with press cover skills than maybe I coulde see why Baalke would consider trading up. But with how we defend on the back-end, which is a lot of two-deep, I'd be just as happy with Swearinger, Rambo, Reid or Cyprien in the second. Even under the radar guys like Shamarko Thomas, Cooper Taylor, Josh Evans and Keelan Johnson later on. Its too deep of a safety class to give up what it would take to get him. We'd have to trade up in the early teens, which is too high of a price, IMO. Too many guys who have similar talent, that can be had later.

I hate to keep saying this, but when you have 5 picks in the top 100 in a draft that is as deep at key positions like WR, CB, S, and D-Line as this draft is, I think it best to sit back and wait for teams to blow you away with a offer to trade back. If not, stand pat with those first 5 picks and load up on talent. If Baalke does nothing and just draft those first five picks, as is, we're going to add 5 tremendous talents to this team. After those 5 picks, all bets are off but I think were set-up nicely to be the beneficary of some good players falling right to us in Rounds1-3.
This makes a lot of sense. Safety, as well as other positions, are deep in this draft, for sure. I just have a good feeling about Vaccaro. That said, it ultimately will probably cost too much to get in range to draft him. Sticking with our current picks is probably the best idea.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
My 3 round mock (no trades).

31- Tank Carradine, DE/OLB (Pass Rush!)
34- Margus Hunt, DE (5-Tech, Tomsula coaches him up)
61- Travis Kelce, TE
74- Jordan Poyer, CB
93- Phillip Thomas, S

Not sure how realistic it is...just tried to throw together a quick mock that i felt solved our needs (except for WR).
Carradine and Hunt play the same position. I can't see a 280lb OLB in Fangio's scheme.