Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-17-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope they learned from the Wii sales, that people like to buy afforable consoles.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm not really sure where the speculation from the Sony bandcamp came from about the PS4 reveal show being this great thing. It was pretty lame imo. Not to say it will turn out that way but there wasn't anything that grabbed me and said i needed to buy a ps4.

So long as they dont drop the ball with the 720 I think they have a good chance to really pull ahead here.

And Wii U is such a joke. I love that most people don't even know what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I hope they learned from the Wii sales, that people like to buy afforable consoles.
still going to be $500
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they need to aim for $400. That to me is the key range. Target that and you will get A LOT of people to buy it at launch.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:53 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I think they need to aim for $400. That to me is the key range. Target that and you will get A LOT of people to buy it at launch.
I would be in at that price range as well.

The only way I would do it at $500 is if I got $200 for my 360 which is incredibly unlikely.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, yeah. Honestly, regardless of price, I may hold off until a price drop. Usually console releases are devoid of any real games worth buying for quite a while. Plus since I'm in school I rarely get to use my 360 to play games. I mainly just use it for other things, like Netflix, ESPN, etc.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The biggest threat to consoles is that in an effort to become more like PCs, they've exposed themselves to the average consumer. Combined with PCs having more and more AAA console-type titles, more people are going to go the HTPC route this time around.

Exclusives are cool, but my HTPC is the **** (and is the same size as my 360). It'll be really hard to get me to make the switch back to consoles.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post

And Wii U is such a joke. I love that most people don't even know what it is.
I don't understand what Nintendo did with the Wii U. Why not go with Wii 2? People don't even know what a Wii U is. Why did they release it without a major launch title? I don't think the graphics are even better than 360/PS3
Old 04-17-2013, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The biggest threat to consoles is that in an effort to become more like PCs, they've exposed themselves to the average consumer. Combined with PCs having more and more AAA console-type titles, more people are going to go the HTPC route this time around.

Exclusives are cool, but my HTPC is the **** (and is the same size as my 360). It'll be really hard to get me to make the switch back to consoles.
Yeah, I mean, I will always prefer PC's but consoles has an established niche for me as well. I can use it for a variety of multimedia as well as certain games that just translate better to the console, like sports games.

Consoles just need to keep with that. They cannot out preform or outmatch PC's. They do not need the heaviest (and more expensive) specs. I do not buy a console for amazing graphics. I'd rather have a minor increase in graphics and have the console be $300.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
then like, why buy one? they'll still be making games for the previous generation for a while, and i can't imagine they've maxed out the ps3 (i don't know anything about 360 games, post me3 to say the same).
I mean, mainly because it provides other functions for me outside of games. I think they should put out a superior product from the previous generation, but not if it's going to sell for $500+ dollars. If the Wii taught us anything, I think it's that people will sacrifice some graphical power for a cheaper product.

For $500 dollars I'd rather spend a little more and upgrade my PC.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:48 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Yeah, I mean, I will always prefer PC's but consoles has an established niche for me as well. I can use it for a variety of multimedia as well as certain games that just translate better to the console, like sports games.

Consoles just need to keep with that. They cannot out preform or outmatch PC's. They do not need the heaviest (and more expensive) specs. I do not buy a console for amazing graphics. I'd rather have a minor increase in graphics and have the console be $300.
All of the sports games worth a crap, save for The Show, are available on PC. You can use a 360 controller for them (like I do with my HTPC)

And the audience for the Wii that was paying less either weren't gamers or they were hardcore Zelda fans. Period.

Last edited by nepg : 04-17-2013 at 10:50 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm... Am I the only person that's never really had a problem with the RROD for 360?

I've had mine fore almost 7 years now, and I only got RR'ed once. My friend fixed it for me in like 10 minutes with $4 worth of stuff from Home Depot. That was like 4 years ago. No problems since.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:06 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I don't consider the one-time deal too bad all things considered. I've heard loads of people say they've had it multiple times, and then when they send it to Microsoft to get it fixed it's a nightmare process.

Just seemed like a fairly minimal problem the one time I had to deal with it.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:54 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never really understood the red ring rage, over the years I have never once had a console game/console or component fail on me. Whilst during that same stretch i've lost multiple PC parts as well as a whole Laptop. Maybe I missed the worst of it, I think I got my 360 nearly a year in.

I don't like the noises coming from the nextbox however so at the moment am looking like getting the PS4.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:27 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it's not a meaningful comparison. the game console is built to work, perfectly, without the user needing to make modifications. my work laptop was built the same way. if dell laptops had the same failure rate as 360's, there would be *massive* backlash. dell would've lost, instantly, the overwhelming majority of it's business purchases. there's no reason that a console should be any different. if, on the other hand, 360's failed at the same rate as, say, lenovo's laptops, you wouldn't have ever heard a peep about the issue.
I'm not sure what you are saying here?

Is Lenovo crap, I always thought they were very good, or they hush hush everything.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
they very, very rarely fail.
I figured so, I bought a HP elitebook 8460w, my sister decided she then needed a new laptop. Wanted a macbook pro, I convinced her its not worth spending that much, and suggested she buy a Lenovo, I forget what model I told her. But it was 700.

She didn't realize she is paying more for software on a mac that she would never use.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
what functions is the new one going to add? you don't get a better version of netflix with it, it's the same **** for more money. it's either about the better hardware for games (in which case it has to be non-incremental, or they have to put an apple logo on it), or there's little point.

xbox -> 360? sure, i get it. 360 -> whatever they're calling it now? i don't get it.

then again, after the red ring garbage, i'm not buying one until they've been in the wild for at least a year anyways.
That's true. I guess it just depends. There isn't a ton of factual known things about the next-gen Xbox. I mean, for me, the main reason to buy a next-gen console will be to buy games exclusive to it. I honestly don't think I'll get the new Xbox for at least a year or two though. As you said, for what I use it for at the moment, the jump to next-gen won't be huge or important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
All of the sports games worth a crap, save for The Show, are available on PC. You can use a 360 controller for them (like I do with my HTPC)

And the audience for the Wii that was paying less either weren't gamers or they were hardcore Zelda fans. Period.
That's true. It wasn't just sports games, though. Just an example. There's certain RPG's, racing games, etc. that play better on consoles. Plus exclusives on the console.

Quote:
it's not a meaningful comparison. the game console is built to work, perfectly, without the user needing to make modifications. my work laptop was built the same way. if dell laptops had the same failure rate as 360's, there would be *massive* backlash. dell would've lost, instantly, the overwhelming majority of it's business purchases. there's no reason that a console should be any different. if, on the other hand, 360's failed at the same rate as, say, lenovo's laptops, you wouldn't have ever heard a peep about the issue.
Haha, I hate Dell SO SO SO MUCH. I had to have one of my laptops sent back to them 5 times to be fixed. Fortunately I had it under warranty and eventually they gave me a brand new laptop. Which is all fine and dandy, but then that failed over and over again. Then it failed when it was no longer under warranty and they wouldn't renew my warranty until I spent like $400 dollars on having it fixed so I just laughed and bought a Toshiba, which I've had zero issues with. If I had to get another laptop I'd like go with Lenovo.

Apple can lick my nuts. And so can Dell.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrd View Post
I never really understood the red ring rage, over the years I have never once had a console game/console or component fail on me. Whilst during that same stretch i've lost multiple PC parts as well as a whole Laptop. Maybe I missed the worst of it, I think I got my 360 nearly a year in.

I don't like the noises coming from the nextbox however so at the moment am looking like getting the PS4.
I have never had the red ring of death either. This Friday I couldn't get on Live and thought it was that problem that everyone was having while trying to get on. Then it happened all weekend long. When I first sign on it says "Welcome" and then gives my gamer tag like usual. Then I put my game in and try starting Live and it says I need to put in my email address and password. I do that and an error message comes up saying my account is no longer usable even though it just signed me in. After about 3-4 hours with support, I find out that my gamer tag is compromised and they don't know how to get it back. That was while talking to two people. The last guy sent off the information to try and get it fixed. The support guy said that happens when you have shaky internet connection which I have had the last couple of weeks. More proof that Xbox better not do that always on internet connection that is rumored. I am thinking of just trading it in to Amazon or selling the console on eBay since it is my account and not the system that is messing up. The trade in for the PS3 dropped like $50 when the PS4 was announced so maybe I will trade it in while I can still get a decent amount for it.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The next Xbox will be announced on May 21st

http://gizmodo.com/5995335/the-next-...nounced-may-21

Quote:
Microsoft just announced that it's going to fill us in on the next Xbox, alias Durango, alias Nextbox, on May 21st. The event will take place at Microsoft's home base in Redmond, Washington, but streamed on Spike TV
Old 04-24-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh. Staying with my 360.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its all about launch games. Systems that under sell out of the gate the last couple of generations have done poorly to start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is the best method to purchase XBox Live subscriptions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:16 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Amazon, usually. But on xbox live as well
Old 04-24-2013, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

http://m.ign.com/wikis/xbox-720/List_of_Xbox_720_Games
Old 04-24-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gears used to be one of the main reasons I favored the Xbox but that series is going down the tubes.