Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-18-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
You had me at "Hello."

Bjoern Werner

I'm really not sure what this guy's value is at this point, but I suppose I could get behind the pick. He's more of a LDE, but we could open up that spot by moving Lamarr Houston inside where he belongs.

Jamar Taylor
He's getting some Rd1 chatter, and he addresses a need position. I could see it.

DJ Swearinger
Quality prospect that fills the gaping hole at FS. I'd raise a toast to this one. Usama Young might hold him off for a season, but no more.

Vance McDonald

Another solid prospect at a vacant position. I like it.

Quality Raiders mock, even if it does completely ignore the offensive line. I suppose there'll be options there in Rd4.
1: TBH I thought it was already decided, that Houston would move inside next year. Regardless, I agree that thats where he belongs.
As far as Werners value, this is probably the highest I could see him go, and even this might be just a slight reach. Depending on wether or not 3-4 teams see him as a fit at OLB I dont think he slips out of the Top 20, and I would be shocked if he slipped beyond the Vikings at #25.
I dont understand why so many people (Experts, pundits and common draftniks a like) keep picking Shariff Floyd or Lotulelei to the Raiders. Given the state of the Raiders defense, I think the need to add an explosive edge rusher far outweighs the need to add another DT. Given the state of the Raiders defense, they could do a lot worse than the trio of Houston/Pat Sims/Vance Walker imo.
Werners best position probably is LDE, but he is still developing as a football player, and he possesses some of the traits needed to succeed on the right side as well. Regardless of position, he would give the Raiders a much needed boost on the outside.

2: Not much to add about Jamar Taylor. Its just a nice value meets need selection in my mind.

3: Im probably the biggest DJ Swearinger fan on this board, and I think he would be a great pick for the Raiders. Him and Tyvon Branch can compliment each other in a lot of ways. I also love the attitude and tenacity he brings to the table. Just not sure heŽll be available in the 3rd round.

4: Given Matt Flynns physical limitations, I think he would benefit greatly from having a huge target like McDonald working the short and intermediate areas in the middle of the field. He could be a very good safety valve, as well as a dangerous red zone target.

5: Agree that Oakland could need upgrades along the o-line. My reasoning for the first 3 picks was simply, that I think the Raiders need to give Dennis Allen the best chance to succeed, and you do that by giving him as many impact players on defense as possible. After reading your comments I went back to the board, and found players like Alvin Bailey, Dallas Thomas, Jordan Mills and Xavier Nixon still available. They could be solid picks in round 4 or later.

Last edited by SunTzu_22 : 04-18-2013 at 08:00 PM.
SunTzu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote