Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 04-10-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Clayton believes we will take a OT at 3 if we stay there, also mentioned Floyd. A trade down is the best option like we have all said. Do you think we might take a lesser deal to do so? Maybe add a 3rd but no 2nd in we stay in the top 10?

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
dra
Rookie

dra hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
How was Ronaldo McClain for you guys when he played. Did he show anything? It looks like teh Ravens will take him
There were moments where he looked good but overall he looked lost too much like he didn't know where he was suppose to be. He also lost too many one on one battles and didn't shed tackles well enough for a first round pick.
dra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't we just sign Clabo or Smith? I'd rather not use #3 on an OT...maybe top15 on warmack or an OT would be find there too I suppose.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doing the final forum mock on here, took Joeckel at #3 then traded him to Detroit for their pick and 3rd round pick. Then took Dion Jordan after that. I think something similar could happen in real life especially if all 3 LT's go in the top 5.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 04-12-2013, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
At this point I agree. I have to say trade down is option one through three for me though.

Abaddon is starting to convert me to a believer in the OTs early too. I don't think I would be too hurt if the Raiders go Oline. Have to admit RT can present one of the biggest turnarounds for this team.
That's crazy talk. You don't pick a RT in the top three picks of the draft because you are losing all kinds of value.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I'd have to think Veldheer would slide to RT eventually if we go with Fisher/Joeckel.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 04-13-2013, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I'd have to think Veldheer would slide to RT eventually if we go with Fisher/Joeckel.
Which again, would be crazy. Veldheer is a perfectly good LT and there is no need to move him. The need at RT is way down on the list of needs. We can get a good RT in the 4th round and use that 3rd overall to trade down for more picks. We need to address DE,DT,CB,S, RB, OG and TE all before acquiring a starting LT. If we stay put, it has to be DT or DE, period.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:41 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

So after getting an extra 3rd in the forum mock from trading Joeckel to Detroit, I was able to add Travis Frederick and Bennie Logan along with Dion Jordan at #5.

Also have picked up a 5th and 6th by trading down with both of those 3rd's. Doing pretty well I'd say :).

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 04-14-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
dra
Rookie

Quote:
So after getting an extra 3rd in the forum mock from trading Joeckel to Detroit, I was able to add Travis Frederick and Bennie Logan along with Dion Jordan at #5.

Also have picked up a 5th and 6th by trading down with both of those 3rd's. Doing pretty well I'd say :).
I like Frederick a lot. Will be a quality OG in the league who can fill in at center if needed.
Old 04-15-2013, 05:07 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
That's crazy talk. You don't pick a RT in the top three picks of the draft because you are losing all kinds of value.
That's old school mentality. This ain't old school football anymore. RT is fast becoming nearly as important as LT.

Look at the guys in our division that rush almost exclusively from that side. Studs. That trend isn't going away. Bookend tackles give your QB the freedom to scan the field and complete passes. Nothing crazy about wanting a QB to stay upright, injury free, and able to do his job unmolested.

As for "losing all kinds of value", pfft. The best player on the board is the best player on the board. Only way you're losing value is to play him completely out of position or to sit him on the bench. Neither would be the case here.

Ideally, we trade down. But, if we can't, there's not a thing wrong with taking the best player on the board. That's just smart drafting.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:09 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If we stay put, it has to be DT or DE, period.
There aren't any DTs worth the #3 pick. DEs? The only DE worth mentioning at #3 is as raw as fresh cookie dough.

Jordan isn't a 4-3 DE, so he's another matter entirely.

God damn it.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
That's old school mentality. This ain't old school football anymore. RT is fast becoming nearly as important as LT.

Look at the guys in our division that rush almost exclusively from that side. Studs. That trend isn't going away. Bookend tackles give your QB the freedom to scan the field and complete passes. Nothing crazy about wanting a QB to stay upright, injury free, and able to do his job unmolested.

As for "losing all kinds of value", pfft. The best player on the board is the best player on the board. Only way you're losing value is to play him completely out of position or to sit him on the bench. Neither would be the case here.

Ideally, we trade down. But, if we can't, there's not a thing wrong with taking the best player on the board. That's just smart drafting.
Old school my old ass, LT are still WORTH more than RT and this is not debatable. Ask Brandon Albert why he doesn't want to be switched to RT. It's because he knows he would lose millions on the open market.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Old 04-15-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
There aren't any DTs worth the #3 pick. DEs? The only DE worth mentioning at #3 is as raw as fresh cookie dough.

Jordan isn't a 4-3 DE, so he's another matter entirely.
“There is a lot of speculation that Florida DL Shariff Floyd is going to be the pick here, but I see defensive end as a bigger need,” wrote McShay. “Floyd’s lack of pass-rush production on the interior is a bit of a concern as well, and if I’m going to take a chance on potential I’d rather bet on Ansah and his rare physical gifts.”

- Todd McShay

And I feel the exact same way. If we are forced to make the pick, it has to be Ansah.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Old 04-15-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Floyd is going to slide on draft day, he will be a reach if we take at a 3. And I disagree about Jordan, no he isn't your prototypical DE, but in our defense he would work. He can play some SLB and some DE depending on the situation. He should bulk up to around 255lbs+ once he hits the weights in the NFL and still not lose his athleticism. Dennis Allen wants to use multiple fronts on defense and Jordan would allow us to do that since he'd be in a Von Miller type role

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 04-16-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Old school my old ass, LT are still WORTH more than RT and this is not debatable. Ask Brandon Albert why he doesn't want to be switched to RT. It's because he knows he would lose millions on the open market.
Please read before responding. I said nearly as important.

God damn it.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:43 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

For what it's worth...

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...ning-pressure/

Quote:
There’s a lot to digest here, but I’ll hit on some of the main points. The left tackle vs. right tackle debate is probably closer than our intuitive football knowledge would have you believe. Although quarterbacks struggled more with pressure coming from the left tackle in 2012, the numbers between the two positions are extremely close over time.

Using our grades, quarterbacks struggle with pressure that comes from the tackles as opposed to the interior. Again, the difference between left and right tackle pressure is not as drastic as some may think, and pressure that comes from right tackle actually produces worse results for quarterbacks. Similarly, pressure from the right guard has been more difficult for quarterbacks than pressure from the left guard. The left/right differences held true both in 2012 and over the course of the five-year study.
People are slow to adjust. I get that. But if you really pay attention, the difference between right and left tackle is diminishing with each passing season.

God damn it.

Last edited by Abaddon : 04-16-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fisher says he would play right tackle as a rookie.

I like the much rumoured trade down with Miami at 12. But who would we target there? Warmack is an obvious choice, but him aside who else do you think would be a viable option?
AJP19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:05 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJP19 View Post

I like the much rumoured trade down with Miami at 12. But who would we target there? Warmack is an obvious choice, but him aside who else do you think would be a viable option?
Sheldon Richardson would be my guess. Possibly land a player we expect to go top 10 but they drop on draft day. Could see either Floyd/Lotulelei fall with not many top 10 teams having DT as their main need.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 04-17-2013, 09:05 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Results from the forum mock:

1(5)- Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon
3(71)- Travis Frederick, C/OG, Wisconsin*
3(72)- Bennie Logan, DT, LSU*
4(100)- Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati
4(125)- Kenny Stills, WR, Oklahoma*
6(171)- Robert Lester, FS/SS, Alabama
6(205)- John Boyett, FS/SS, Oregon
7(208)- Chris Faulk, OT, LSU*
7(219)- Kwame Geathers, NT, Georgia*

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

Old 04-17-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
dra
Rookie

Quote:

What would be the bounty for dropping from 3 to 12? Obviously 42 and 54 would be in play. Would that be enough (I know to me I'd take it)? Or do you think we'd score one of those and a future pick?
Old 04-18-2013, 02:32 AM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

**** I'd take that all day. Good job. The higher these OT's get rated, the more valuable our 3rd overall pick becomes because of the threat of the Eagles at 4. I'm glad to see McKenzie looking for a trade and I hope we get a good opportunity with team like the Dolphins.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:17 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Wouldn't hate it.

Would have liked to have seen another pass rusher, but I can't b!tch too much.

God damn it.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:21 PM    (permalink
AJP19
Rookie

AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AJP19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dra View Post
What would be the bounty for dropping from 3 to 12? Obviously 42 and 54 would be in play. Would that be enough (I know to me I'd take it)? Or do you think we'd score one of those and a future pick?
From what I've seen suggested it would be worth two second rounders or a second, third and another later round pick.

Looks Miami are talking to Brandon Albert though which doesn't help our chances.
AJP19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:21 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
From what I've seen suggested it would be worth two second rounders or a second, third and another later round pick.

Looks Miami are talking to Brandon Albert though which doesn't help our chances.
That's okay. Focus on Arizona first. Then pick another team to drop down with. And another. I'm okay all the way in the 20s. Even if it takes three or four trades to get there.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:50 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
That's okay. Focus on Arizona first. Then pick another team to drop down with. And another. I'm okay all the way in the 20s. Even if it takes three or four trades to get there.
Agreed.

This year is seems the talent is pretty even across the board, not many elite prospects, so good value can be had in just about any slot.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote