Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-18-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 2013 Schedule:

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2013/REG/LIONS

Week 1 home and Week 17 away to Minnesota.
4 road games in 5 between Weeks 2 and 6.
MNF Week 15 home to Baltimore
Thanksgiving home to Green Bay
No SNF
Week 9 Bye
Arizona is the only long road trip.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had the Lions in the Final Forum Mock I traded up in the 1st costed me a 3rd and picked up Joeckel then traded from the 2nd for 3 thirds

Lions Draft

Round 1: OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
Round 3: CB Darius Slay, Mississippi St.
Round 3: DE Sam Montgomery, Louisiana St.
Round 4: C Khaled Holmes, USC
Round 6: LB Ty Powell, Harding
Round 7: OT/OG Oday Aboushi, Virginia
Round 7: K Brett Maher, Nebraska

Bills 2014 3rd rounder

What do you guys think?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trading up is a stupid idea.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Trading up is a stupid idea.
How this draft went all 3 of the top OTs were gone by 5. I basically traded a first and 3rd for the rights to Joeckel.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 04-18-2013, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
The 2013 Schedule:

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2013/REG/LIONS

Week 1 home and Week 17 away to Minnesota.
4 road games in 5 between Weeks 2 and 6.
MNF Week 15 home to Baltimore
Thanksgiving home to Green Bay
No SNF
Week 9 Bye
Arizona is the only long road trip.
Would have like one or two more prime time games. Catch Washington early in the season. Maybe RG3 will still be out.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:02 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no problem with trading up to secure Joeckel. I prefer Fisher, but I'm a fan of paying the price to secure our offensive line. My only negative is that I don't think Holmes is an upgrade at center. I think he's weak and will have the same negatives as Raiola without the experience or intangibles.

Slay can blaze, doesn't jump, but can really catch. I'm not sure how well he tackles, but if he tackles well then he can be a demon on special teams and develop to be a matchup starter.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brothgar View Post
How this draft went all 3 of the top OTs were gone by 5. I basically traded a first and 3rd for the rights to Joeckel.
You really had no choice and it got you a solid #1 LT in the Joe Thomas mold.

I don't know about trading your 2nd, in this draft that almost for sure was a 1st round talent and I don't think CB was a real weakness that absolutely had to be addressed.

I'm not a Holmes fan although he was injured most of the year so it could of affected his grade. Could be OK.

I watched Oday Aboushi at the Senior Bowl pretty closely and saw a terrible prospect who lacked any kind of speed or quickness needed to handle NFL DLmen, he was totally dominated and I wouldn't touch him at all.

Why a kicker??? We had signed Akers. Just a wasted pick IMO.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
You really had no choice and it got you a solid #1 LT in the Joe Thomas mold.

I don't know about trading your 2nd, in this draft that almost for sure was a 1st round talent and I don't think CB was a real weakness that absolutely had to be addressed.

I'm not a Holmes fan although he was injured most of the year so it could of affected his grade. Could be OK.

I watched Oday Aboushi at the Senior Bowl pretty closely and saw a terrible prospect who lacked any kind of speed or quickness needed to handle NFL DLmen, he was totally dominated and I wouldn't touch him at all.

Why a kicker??? We had signed Akers. Just a wasted pick IMO.
The only guy I really wanted more at the DE position was Alex Okefor but he isn't that much higher than Sam Montgomery in my grading and depth is still an issue for CB is Chris Greenwood the guy? I hope so but getting Slay I think was very much needed I was torn between him and Travis Frederick but at the end of it I needed the CB situation to be fully fixed Guards are a dime a dozen unless you are talking about one of those top two guys this season.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 04-19-2013, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schedule
4 out of 6 on the road to start. 2 home are big division games early in the season. 3 division games in the first 5 games. Got to start fast at home. And get revenge at Zona.

Lions have 5 division games by Thanksgiving.

4 out of 6 home to finish the year.

I like the bye in the middle and heading to Chicago.

at Philly in December the only weather game. I guess at Chicago and at Pit mid November could be as well. No snow probably. Like getting at GB in October.

Lions need a quick start with a tougher second half.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:50 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what do our big boards look like for #5?

1. Luke Joeckel, OT
2. Eric Fisher, OT
3. Dion Jordan, DE
4. Dee Milliner, CB
5. TRADE DOWNNNNNNN (try to acquire picks in drafts other than this one)

Don't really want Ansah at #5 and I don't care much for anyone there outside of the Top 2 OT's really.

Also I'd prefer to get DeAndre Hopkins if we were to take a WR early. He probably won't be around for us in the 2nd though. Stedman Bailey would be a good pick up at some point.

Going OT/WR again would probably make everyone's head explode though.

Last edited by WMD : 04-22-2013 at 09:56 PM.
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Nastradamus
Veteran

Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nastradamus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pretty much agree with your board. I go back and forth on whether I'd take Johnson or Ansah there.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:28 AM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

If the rumors are true about what Hopkins did to that hotel room at the combine, I wouldn't be surprised if he was still available in the 3rd. Big red flag IMO.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get the feeling they are going to drop way down in to round 1.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I get the feeling they are going to drop way down in to round 1.
I don't think they will, we are on the cusp of being a very solid team and impact players is what you want to add at this stage, and finding one at #5 is a lot easier than finding one later in the draft.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:01 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I don't think they will, we are on the cusp of being a very solid team and impact players is what you want to add at this stage, and finding one at #5 is a lot easier than finding one later in the draft.
But there just aren't really many impact guys this year. Everyone's just in this huge group of kinda solidness. If we can move down and fill some other holes, I'd do it.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Joekel or Fisher are gone at 5 (most likely) I am hoping for a trade down or Dee Milliner. I will be livid if Ansah is the pick at 5. I think Ansah is gonna sky dive on draft day. We could move back and still grab him although I don't want him.

I would not be surprised if we take a WR high. To generate discussion before the draft, what would people think if we traded down to 12 and drafted Corradale Patterson then addressed OL/DE in the 2nd with our two picks.

I think the best scenario for this draft is to trade back, load up on picks and build the trenches.
Fred Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Savage View Post
If Joekel or Fisher are gone at 5 (most likely) I am hoping for a trade down or Dee Milliner. I will be livid if Ansah is the pick at 5. I think Ansah is gonna sky dive on draft day. We could move back and still grab him although I don't want him.
I would call Ansah the riskiest pick in this draft with Lane Johnson being second. If both of those tackles are gone, then I agree that I would also want to trade down at that point.

In other news, Ronnell Lewis got arrested and was apparently tased also.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/92...ar-altercation
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lewis shouldn't get a suspension at least. But still sucks he got arrested while drunk and stupid fighting.

Agreed Ansah and Johnson are boom or bust. Milliner 5 surgeries now. Jordan out of position. Trade down. Apparently Mayhew is one of 4 teams that have called other teams to trade down.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd move down for a late first and a first next year...assuming a couple qbs and Clowney go top 5, then we might have a shot at trading up for Mathews or Lewan.

But...this is now and I'd rather us just make the picks this week, even if its Warmack or Cooper in a trade down.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I'd move down for a late first and a first next year...assuming a couple qbs and Clowney go top 5, then we might have a shot at trading up for Mathews or Lewan.

But...this is now and I'd rather us just make the picks this week, even if its Warmack or Cooper in a trade down.
If we don't get a LT this year, Lewan is at the top of my list for next year.
"You see that foundation right there, now there's termites living there and they live there every day an you don't see them until you start losing. And when you lose they start crawling out. Now what we'll do is when they crawl out we'll get there names and remember their faces so when we start winning again we'll know who we can trust"

-Bo Schembechler
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post

I would be ecstatic with one of the guards in a slight trade down. Something like this would be ideal imo.

Trade back

1st Warmack/Cooper
2nd Carradine/Werner/Moore
2nd Pugh
Fred Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

If we trade for a 2014 First Rounder, maybe we'll be horrible this year and get #1 to pick Clowney, and then we can trade Stafford for #2 to pick Bridgewater, and then trade the other 1st Rounder and our 2015 First to get #3 for Jake Matthews.

DYNASTY!!!

Last edited by WMD : 04-23-2013 at 10:23 PM.
WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
But there just aren't really many impact guys this year. Everyone's just in this huge group of kinda solidness. If we can move down and fill some other holes, I'd do it.
I've seen numerous suggestions that there are around 10 solid 1st round talents in this year's draft and while the rest of round 1 may be pretty close, those top 10 still standout from the rest and IMO, the 3 LT's rank 1-3 on my board and are elite in any draft year. We would have to be crazy to pass on all 3.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe This Year Mayhew View Post
Lewis shouldn't get a suspension at least. But still sucks he got arrested while drunk and stupid fighting.

Agreed Ansah and Johnson are boom or bust. Milliner 5 surgeries now. Jordan out of position. Trade down. Apparently Mayhew is one of 4 teams that have called other teams to trade down.
I couldn't disagree more. Johnson is an absolute elite talent, just happens that so are Fisher and Joeckel. I see zero chance he will bust.
Your other comments I agree with 100%.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Savage View Post
I would be ecstatic with one of the guards in a slight trade down. Something like this would be ideal imo.

Trade back

1st Warmack/Cooper
2nd Carradine/Werner/Moore
2nd Pugh
Trouble is, Werner and Carradine are almost sure shots to go round 1 and even Pugh is getting an awful lot of round 1 discussion.