Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-15-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
I still say OL is #1. However, I started scouting the DT just cause you guys were talking them up. The only one I loved was Sheldon Richardson. I am good with him, but still think it would wrong.

I have to say I don't see what everyone else sees in the other DT's. I wasn't impressed.
Contrary to popular sentiment, I have Richardson & Werner as my top-2 for my pick 18 big board.

Neither is a need, and I'd like to have one of the top 3 safeties, but I think Richardson and Werner allow the team to move on from Hatcher/Spencer and are cornerstone players.

I believe both are the best pass rushers at their position and play well against the run.

I like Hatcher, but he's getting up there in age and the Cowboys need to buck their trend of playing to retain players on the downside of their career.

I also realize neither are as big of an immediate need as safety, but this team isn't ready to compete for a Superbowl anyway.

Regardless of who the Cowboys draft they're still going to be way behind Seattle/SF/ATL, among others, in terms of talent in the NFC. This team should approach this draft looking towards the next 2-3 years.

With that said, Jason Garrett only has this year to prove he can win some playoff games so I'm sure he'll push for a short-sighted, need based approach.
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a bad feeling that our highest rated player left when we are on the clock at 18 is going to be Fluker or Jerry will panic and trade up for a Vaccaro. Hope Im wrong

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I have a bad feeling that our highest rated player left when we are on the clock at 18 is going to be Fluker or Jerry will panic and trade up for a Vaccaro. Hope Im wrong
I buy the Vaccaro scare. I can see Dallas getting antsy and trading up if all but one of their main targets are gone (Cooper/Vaccaro/Richardson).

As far as Fluker I wouldn't buy that for a second. We interviewed him at the combine and then did not make contact again. He doesn't match the athletic mold we have pointed to repeatedly. The idea of Fluker being in an NFL ZBS scheme sounds like the worst possible fit for a guy with cement shoes.

Honestly I think we'll be targeting three prospects at 18 (Cooper/Vaccaro/Richardson) and working the phones hard if all three of those is not available.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:05 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I buy the Vaccaro scare. I can see Dallas getting antsy and trading up if all but one of their main targets are gone (Cooper/Vaccaro/Richardson).

As far as Fluker I wouldn't buy that for a second. We interviewed him at the combine and then did not make contact again. He doesn't match the athletic mold we have pointed to repeatedly. The idea of Fluker being in an NFL ZBS scheme sounds like the worst possible fit for a guy with cement shoes.

Honestly I think we'll be targeting three prospects at 18 (Cooper/Vaccaro/Richardson) and working the phones hard if all three of those is not available.
And Warmack. But if they are all gone and nobody trades up, then who ya got?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 04-18-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
BobTheCowboysTroll
Rookie

BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll BobTheCowboysTroll

Quote:
Considering everyone is saying this draft good thru three rounds and the grades are no much different 5 to 30 ... I would not be surprised this imbecile GM panics and gives up the ranch to move up.
BobTheCowboysTroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Week 11 bye. Raiders on Thanksgiving then at the Bears on Monday night. Open and close at home. Not bad at all

Sept. 8, vs. New York Giants, 7:30 p.m.
Sept. 15 at Kansas City, Noon
Sept. 22 vs. St. Louis, Noon
Sept. 29 at San Diego, 3:25 p.m.
Oct. 6 vs. Denver, 3:25 p.m.
Oct. 13 vs. Washington, 7:30 p.m.
Oct. 20 at Philadelphia, Noon p.m.
Oct. 27 at Detroit, Noon
Nov. 3 vs. Minnesota, Noon
Nov. 10 at New Orleans, 7:30 p.m.
Nov. 17 Bye
Nov. 24 at New York Giants, 3:25 p.m.
Nov. 28 vs. Oakland Raiders, 3:30 p.m.
Dec. 9 at Chicago, 7:40 p.m., ESPN
Dec. 15 vs. Green Bay, 3:25 p.m.
Dec. 22 at Washington, Noon
Dec. 29 vs. Philadelphia Eagles, Noon p.m.

Last edited by pocketaces : 04-18-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome. Didnt realize they were coming to SD this year.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:50 PM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

Quote:
I like Fluker. Can always kick him to RG if he isn't quick enough to play tackle. Leonard Davis situation.

That being said, no way Elam & Cyprien are gone at 18 so I don't think it would be the best option.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:52 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

finally we get a bye week that not in the first quarter of the season, b/c were gonna need it @ nyg, @ chi, gb and @ wash, man i wish they would give us a cupcake schedule in december for once
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:59 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

December schedule could be difficult. But first half of the season looks pretty good. Get the tough games at home and a few cupcakes. No reason we aren't in position to compete end of the year...we need to take care of business early tho. Losing a few games we shouldn't will put us right back in the same position as last year with having to win difficult games in december. Lets just win early and put home field or something on the line in december.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:53 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like to look at the schedule in quarters and the 4th is the hardest, but it's not as brutal overall as last year. I like it.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And Warmack. But if they are all gone and nobody trades up, then who ya got?
If Cooper, Richardson, Vaccaro, and Warmack are gone then most likely someone top 15 slipped and we should take a hard look.

Werner perhaps?

If we remove all of the "normal" guys that are off the board I would say it would be a decision between Sly Williams and Jonathan Cyprien.

Given my personal affinity towards the mid-to-late round safety prospects I would probably lean towards the meteoric riser in Sly Williams.

However I would say that if the original top 4 were off the board it might mean someone like Xavier Rhodes may have slipped to 18 which would have our phone buzzing.

I honestly LOVE the schedule next season. We'll found out how talented the team is over the beginning portion of the season and then will test their mettle in December. If we are truly a top tier NFC team then we should come out no worse than 2-2 or 3-1 in December.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could really see Dallas concentrating on the DL and Safety positions, they are the most crucial positions for a Cover 2 team. Vaccaro and the 2 OG's could be gone, they are all top 11 talents who would need to fall perhaps because of position.

I have Warmack and Cooper at 3 and 4 and Vaccaro at # 11 on my board so again I think it is doubtful they will be available.

Richardson and Sylvester Williams could easily be the choice although I have Richardson at around #15 on my board and Williams at #19.

IMO, Werner isn't a good fit in a Cover 2 and Cyprien isn't a round 1 talent.

I won't be shocked to see Jerry go wild again and trade up for Vaccaro, but he shouldn't do it because a 2nd rounder this year is likely a sure starter and there are a lot of holes that need to be addressed.

I wouldn't count out Fluker either, he's a very solid RT prospect and will likely be available.

My scenario for Dallas is:
Round 1 Sylvester Williams DT
Round 2 Dallas trades its third to move up and take Eric Reid Safety. Reid has the speed and toughness to fit nicely in a Cover 2 defense, he had a poor senior season like so many LSU players but his junior film and his post season work have really impressed scouts and he's getting a lot of round 1 talk.

The reason I picked defense to draft is that Dallas will score points anyways, with what it has on offense, but when you switch defensive schemes, you have to give your DC some weapons to make it work, it is simply the price you pay when changing systems.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It very well could happen that both Guards and Vaccaro are gone but I personally think that at least 1 will be there. I can't remember the last time two guards went top 18, and it's rare that one Guard even goes top 15 as it is. Neither one is going top 10 IMO, and watch it'll be just like last year where people are so surprised that a Guard went later then expected. Happens all the time.

If not, I'd rather go Reid or Cyprien in the 1st instead of a DT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why don't you guys like Fluker? I don't see much difference in his game and Andre Smith, and while he's not my ideal pick upgrading the line isn't anything I'll hate one bit. Personally I'd prefer Armstead over Fluker due to the fit but I still think Fluker will be good. I was already a fan of Fluker previously but seeing his workouts made me like him more. He's mean, has a nasty streak, and once he gets ahold of you it's game over. He isn't as nimble or a guy you want if you pass all game but he'll be a really good starter.

But beyond the Guards and Vacarro, I'd be very happy with Cyprien and Reid(may be alone on this but oh well). Both will be gone by our 2nd rounder, and I don't want another JAG at Safety in the 3rd-4th rd.

Quote:
Old 04-19-2013, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Why don't you guys like Fluker? I don't see much difference in his game and Andre Smith, and while he's not my ideal pick upgrading the line isn't anything I'll hate one bit. Personally I'd prefer Armstead over Fluker due to the fit but I still think Fluker will be good. I was already a fan of Fluker previously but seeing his workouts made me like him more. He's mean, has a nasty streak, and once he gets ahold of you it's game over. He isn't as nimble or a guy you want if you pass all game but he'll be a really good starter.

Essentially it's down to scheme. It's the same issue for the Warmack vs Cooper crowd discussion which was beaten to death earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Seems there is a bunch of confusion about ZBS vs Man schemes.

ZBS you are moving LATERALLY (side to side) as a unit to open a cutback lane for the running back. This is MUCH more about being in the right position AND being light of a feet and having SOME strength to seal defenders out of the cut-back lane.

By comparison in MAN schemes you are moving TOWARDS (forwards) to your assigned defender and DRIVING him out of the play. This is a strength oriented scheme where your goal to a smack the defender in the mouth and beat him with brute force. Being light on your feet is a small positive but this is more about simply mauling the man in front of you.

Think ZBS as Shanny's Denver teams or Houston's rushing attack. While the 90s Cowboys as the shining example of man-oriented schemes.

Now for the prospects.

Cooper is one of the best athletic specimens at guard in terms of foot-speed, balance, and lateral movement. By definition that equals a ZBS guard. He still has the size and strength to play in any scheme but his BEST FIT would be ZBS.

Warmack is mauling INCREDIBLY strong guard and has a clearly evident efficiency for drive blocking. He's an immoveable object and while having the requisite foot-speed to play in any scheme his BEST FIT would be drive (or man) schemes.

You want Cooper to dance and seal.

You want Warmack to drive and maul.
You can substitute Fluker for Warmack in the above discussion and it's all the same. You need lateral agility and a strong ability to mirror in order to be successful as a ZBS offensive lineman. It is MUCH more about being in ideal position and sealing than the ability to dominate the man across from you.

To be completely honest if we were in a drive (man) blocking scheme of the 90s 'Boys I would have Fluker as my #1 RT prospect this draft but he is in no way shape or form what a ZBS RT should look like. He is a drive blocking RT. You need to be extremely light-footed to excel and he has cement shoes on at all times.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It very well could happen that both Guards and Vaccaro are gone but I personally think that at least 1 will be there. I can't remember the last time two guards went top 18, and it's rare that one Guard even goes top 15 as it is. Neither one is going top 10 IMO, and watch it'll be just like last year where people are so surprised that a Guard went later then expected. Happens all the time.

If not, I'd rather go Reid or Cyprien in the 1st instead of a DT.
The reason it may not happen this year is because, the OG's are top 5 talents. DeCastro was in the 10-12 range as a prospect, Warmack and Cooper are in the 3/4 range and for once, they really are the best OG prospects of the last decade at least. Top 10 may still be difficult for them although I think it is possible because of how good they are, but top 15 looks to be their limit to me.

As for Reid/Cyprien, Slyvester Williams is simply rated a lot higher IMO and that is why I think he will be the pick but I could see Jerry trading up to get one of the Safeties early round 2.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:53 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

It seems like it isn't even a lock we aren't going to run a power blocking scheme. Why else would we be looking at Clabo? Seems like it would just be Winston or draft pick. Clabo is more in the mold of Fluker, so I don't really see much difference there and it's hard to track our interest other then we don't like Doug Free for any scheme lol.

I prefer ZBS because I feel/felt Tyron would be elite in that anyway, he's got the best feet of any lineman I've scouted and Murray is a beautiful fit, adding Cooper & Winston goes a big way towards that but under no circumstances could I see us adding Warmack and Fluker and not significantly upgrading our line regardless of what we run.

Quote:
Old 04-19-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
The reason it may not happen this year is because, the OG's are top 5 talents. DeCastro was in the 10-12 range as a prospect, Warmack and Cooper are in the 3/4 range and for once, they really are the best OG prospects of the last decade at least. Top 10 may still be difficult for them although I think it is possible because of how good they are, but top 15 looks to be their limit to me.

As for Reid/Cyprien, Slyvester Williams is simply rated a lot higher IMO and that is why I think he will be the pick but I could see Jerry trading up to get one of the Safeties early round 2.
It's not that big of a difference. Cooper is rated in the 8-10 range, Decastro was in the 8-10 range. Regardless, when 2 Guards go in the top 15 I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, I fully believe we'll have a shot at one due to the history of the position. Teams picking in the top 10 need impact positions, CB, pass rushers, LT's, QB's, there are a bunch of starter quality guards in the 2nd/3rd round.

Quote:
Old 04-19-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you guys see any scenario where we'd trade back into the 1st for a 2nd pick? Say if we got Cooper and had the opportunity to grab Cyprien?

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It's not that big of a difference. Cooper is rated in the 8-10 range, Decastro was in the 8-10 range. Regardless, when 2 Guards go in the top 15 I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, I fully believe we'll have a shot at one due to the history of the position. Teams picking in the top 10 need impact positions, CB, pass rushers, LT's, QB's, there are a bunch of starter quality guards in the 2nd/3rd round.
You make a good point but there aren't a lot of impact types in the top 10 and with offense now completely dominating pro football, it will be interesting to see how high they go. Definitely, being OG's is going to have its effect on where they are drafted, it should make the draft quite exciting.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Do you guys see any scenario where we'd trade back into the 1st for a 2nd pick? Say if we got Cooper and had the opportunity to grab Cyprien?
With Jerry, anything is possible but I wouldn't do it. Besides, I'm almost certain that Cyprien can be had in round 2 somewhere in the 40-50 range. Of course, it is just my opinion.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It seems like it isn't even a lock we aren't going to run a power blocking scheme. Why else would we be looking at Clabo? Seems like it would just be Winston or draft pick. Clabo is more in the mold of Fluker, so I don't really see much difference there and it's hard to track our interest other then we don't like Doug Free for any scheme lol.

I prefer ZBS because I feel/felt Tyron would be elite in that anyway, he's got the best feet of any lineman I've scouted and Murray is a beautiful fit, adding Cooper & Winston goes a big way towards that but under no circumstances could I see us adding Warmack and Fluker and not significantly upgrading our line regardless of what we run.
Just a question, but do your current OG's and OC suit a ZBS blocking scheme? I have no idea. If you were using a ZBS, I would think Free would suit that system.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just a question, but do your current OG's and OC suit a ZBS blocking scheme? I have no idea. If you were using a ZBS, I would think Free would suit that system.
Livings would be fine in a zbs, I think C Phil Costa would actually benefit from the switch, and of course Tyron would be a good fit. RG Mac Bernadeu is the piece that doesn't quite fit, he is a power player that struggles to move laterally. My feeling on why Free is still on the team twofold, first he has the athleticism to slide laterally in a zbs and Jeremy Parnell is still new to the position and may struggle with a total change of blocking scheme. The team will take their time on a decision and let the draft / second stage of FA play itself out.

If they big 4 are off the board draft time ( Cooper, Warmack, Vaccaro, and Richardson) I wouldn't be shocked if the team looks to move down and pick up an addition second round pick and then target guys Pugh, Long, Sly Williams, Kawaan Short, Cyprien and DJ Swearinger.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:05 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Costa seems like he fits either or, his best trait is probably his strength but he's always operated well in space also and he has good feet to move around. Same for Bernadeua who is praised for being athletic though we didn't see too much of that, but he's a solid starter if you get elite lineman around them.

It seems like we have more light, athletic lineman who move better then they do maul in close quarters. Our red zone blocking is attrocious inside the 5, it just seems like our interest has been a little all over the place in terms of what type of lineman we want.

I would love to bring in Armstead and pass on all the RT's honestly if he was somehow there in the 2nd.

Quote: