Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 04-19-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
K well we don't have those picks in real life so I didn't think to look there. Great draft now lol, Mingo and Eifert in the first would be perfect.
LOL, thank you, as much as it pained me to give the Jets anything remotely better than the $h!t off the bottom of my shoes, I liked it for them. Almost like rebuilding a year early is what I thought when I was done with it.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I'd go Williams over Michael with the comp pick.A speed guy to compliment Bowe would be great
Pretty much what he said. The rest of the picks are fantastic though, especially Tyler Wilson.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeBrown133 View Post
Did Cleveland trade their 4th rounder?
No, lol, I pulled a bone headed delete when I was trading and un-trading and shifting teams and picks around. Thank you for catching that, I did not spend much time editing, which is sloppy of me in trying to put this out in a rush. I fixed it and gave them Lester, although I considered Wolf as well, I think Lester would have a quicker time with the learning curve coming from a 3-4 at Bama, with about the same ceiling.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
LOL, thank you, as much as it pained me to give the Jets anything remotely better than the $h!t off the bottom of my shoes, I liked it for them. Almost like rebuilding a year early is what I thought when I was done with it.
As much as 'rebuilding year' is a no-no phrase in the NFL, I think most educated Jets fans realize that is exactly what this is. Tannenbaum really f'ed the team over in terms of depth and salary cap, time to hit the reset button and get some young talent in.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

don't care too much for this sf draft. Need at least one wide out in there and a TE maybe.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders mock...

Old 04-20-2013, 07:46 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeBrown133
Rookie

BuckeyeBrown133 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
No, lol, I pulled a bone headed delete when I was trading and un-trading and shifting teams and picks around. Thank you for catching that, I did not spend much time editing, which is sloppy of me in trying to put this out in a rush. I fixed it and gave them Lester, although I considered Wolf as well, I think Lester would have a quicker time with the learning curve coming from a 3-4 at Bama, with about the same ceiling.
Good with it. FS, CB and OG, likely our three biggest needs, and you got solid value for each spot. Like it.
BuckeyeBrown133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why in the world would Dallas trade up when every single one of their major targets are still available?

The picks after that terrible trade were fine but the trade makes zero sense. Dallas needs to stand pat or trade down from 18 not trade up and give up more picks.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:54 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I assume that the Vikings would have to give up a 2014 1st rounder to get up to 10. I don't see that happening, as Speilman treats draft picks like they are gold. I think that the Vikings are the prime candidate to trade down from 23 or 25 (to teams looking for a QB) for 2nd/3rd round picks this year or a 2014 1st.

Allen used to be at the top of my wishlist, but the slow recovery & slow 40 times have certainly reduced the likelihood that he gets into the 1st round.

Teo in the 2nd is as gold as his golden-dome.

The other picks hit areas of need.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, looks like someone is buying the D.J. Hayden hype...

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let me just ask, what makes you think Tavon Austin is such an elite WR prospect that he warrants giving up a future 1st round pick for? I just don't see why the Rams would do that, especially for a guy like Austin who I would consider borderline top 20.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiG View Post
Position ally the skins draft is fine but not crazy about Phillip Thomas in rd 2. I think he's more of 3/4 value. Would rather trade down or take higher value in rd 2. shanny tends to follow best player available at position of need and I do not think Thomas fits that philosophy in this situation.
I get that alot with Thomas, who I think is really being over looked in this draft. IMO if the guy ran a 4-4 40, would be being talked about as a first rounder. IMO his game speed and instincts are excellent, he has a feel for the game, and makes plays. He reminds me of J. Byrd in the value people are putting on him. I really like the pick for the skins. I can see why people would devalue him, but I have him as my 2nd ranked FS, behind Banks (yes, I have him converting back to FS where he played in college and early at Miss. St.), and think he is better at FS than Eric Reid who I have going before him (although I have Reid as a SS primarily who can play FS).
Old 04-21-2013, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Let me just ask, what makes you think Tavon Austin is such an elite WR prospect that he warrants giving up a future 1st round pick for? I just don't see why the Rams would do that, especially for a guy like Austin who I would consider borderline top 20.
Because in the NFL todayI think that he is the type of dynamic weapon that can make a play and change a game in a heartbeat. Do I think he is a top ten value? NO I dont, which is why I have a top 20 grade on him myself. Listening to what numerous people who have contacts w/in the league, he will not be there at 16, there is talk (NFL Network, Espn, etc.) about him going in the top ten, even heard top five (far fetched to me, but the is my opinion), Mayock just put him as the #1 reciever in the draft.
I think he is the kind of receiver who can allow St. Louis to spread out the field against the NFC West and compete with the 9ers and Seahawks in particular if they really want to make a playoff push anytime soon. To guarantee landing Austin I think they are going to have to move up.
The funny thing about this trade is one guy is LOLing me saying that I am not getting enough, and you think I am asking too much to move up 14 spots into the top ten to land the most dynamic playmaker in the draft. I love personal perspective... I thought it was a fair trade, with the Bills losing value in this draft which is deep and could fill an immediate need, and essentially giving up the equivilant (using trade value chart) of 22, 30 and a 6th to secure the best offensive playmaker in the draft, and maintaining there early picks this year to do so, and keeping 16 to further help the offense.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I think it's definitely possible we'd draft two at WR and/or CB. The WR position is fine for this upcoming season, but Britt and Williams are FAs after this season and Washington has already been on the trading block, if he does make it thru this season he likely won't be around for 2014.

What does this mean? We could potentially only have Kendall Wright and Michael Preston as our WRs in 2014. We have already expressed extreme interest in upgrading the slot position. So therefore, Terrance Williams could play on the outside and Swope take over the slot.

As for Commings, the Titans have expressed extreme interest in him and I am not sure if we have interest in him as a CB or S. At CB, Verner is a FA after this season and at S Pollard is too, Wilson is on a cheap contract that we can get out of relatively easily.
I have had the Titans needing a WR for just about the whole off season (taking K. Allen in my first mock, maybe 2nd too...), I like Titans fans as you all seemed more open to it. I thought of 2 recievers, but more of a #1 and #2 with Wright operating out of the slot (but that is what I would do), I did not know they were thinking of upgrading the slot (which would put Wright as their 1 or 2 I would assume), so thanks for that, and in that case taking Swope would make sense (although his concussion issue makes me nervous).
I had not thought about Commings as a S, that would be interesting, nor did I know that they were interested in him, even with the character issues, do you think they would take him?
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!!
Old 04-21-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akon777 View Post
I would be very upset if Dallas traded up to take Vacarro if Warmack or Cooper are still on the board
I hope for your sake that does not happen LOL ;) If it makes you feel better, I really deliberated between Vaccaro and Cooper with the trade up feeling like the Cowboys need to land Warmack, Cooper or Vaccaro with thier first pick and feeling like none of them would be available at their pick, and with Warmack off the board had them make a move with Vaccaro being of similar value (on my board) and with S being a position of higher value in the league today, and with the NFC East turning into a pass heavy (or happy) division a stopper at SS in the passing game would be a huge need and greater asset to them in regards to making a play off push in that division. I would not blame them for taking Cooper and NASCARing the score board... It also IMO makes sense.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
If the Bears could trade down, gain a third and a fifth, and still get Arthur Brown, I could be ecstatic! I don't know how I feel about Amerson but I don't hate it. I really like Barrett Jones as a third round pick, but I would prefer Schwenke. But overall a good job. Three starters plus some d-line depth, A-.
I liked it for the Bears, my favorite trade in this mock. Even if for some reason Brown was gone and even though Bears fans would not like it as much, Ogletree would be a great option there as well. Off the field issues and Browns instincts is why I prefer Brown at this point myself. Schwenke is a guy I am not as high on, but see what people like about him, I like Jones and his flexability more myself, but Schwenke would make sense as well. I appreciate the feedback, thank you :)
Old 04-21-2013, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
That's not a bad Ravens draft. Greene might be a reach at 32 but I'm a big fan of his. Swearinger is a nice pick in the second round too. As is Bailey in the third round. Mills is okay in the 4th round even though he projects as a RT. It sounds like Baltimore would really prefer to keep Oher at RT. Simon is the only pick don't like much. Even though he has some pass-rushing skills I think he still projects as a SAM in a 3-4 and Baltimore is more than set at that position with Upshaw.
I am really high on Greene, wether as a 4-3 backer or 3-4 ILB, and actually see him as a upgrade to Ellerbe while replacing him and complimenting McClain nicely. Swearinger is really growing on me lately, as is Bailey both of whom are BPA types at those picks for me, and help fill the vacancies nicely at those respective positions. Mills was a projection, and kind of best available prospect, at that point I thought it was a decent risk for his upside, although I would agree with and defer to you about Oher and him both being better suited on the right side. I also agree with you about Simon, I do think you can put him in as a situational pass rusher on either side and let him relentlessly just rush. IMO he is a long term possibility as a starter, but could be a great 3rd down high motor guy who produces in that role and provides value.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
not a fan of vinston painter but i love the other 2 saints picks
Almost went with C. Thomas in the 4th, but thought they were better served solidifying the oline at LT with Painter who IMO is a long term project, but a good value in the 4th. How do you feel about Thomas?
Old 04-21-2013, 04:27 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Lightbulb

Quote:
Because in the NFL todayI think that he is the type of dynamic weapon that can make a play and change a game in a heartbeat. Do I think he is a top ten value? NO I dont, which is why I have a top 20 grade on him myself. Listening to what numerous people who have contacts w/in the league, he will not be there at 16, there is talk (NFL Network, Espn, etc.) about him going in the top ten, even heard top five (far fetched to me, but the is my opinion), Mayock just put him as the #1 reciever in the draft.
I think he is the kind of receiver who can allow St. Louis to spread out the field against the NFC West and compete with the 9ers and Seahawks in particular if they really want to make a playoff push anytime soon. To guarantee landing Austin I think they are going to have to move up.
The funny thing about this trade is one guy is LOLing me saying that I am not getting enough, and you think I am asking too much to move up 14 spots into the top ten to land the most dynamic playmaker in the draft. I love personal perspective... I thought it was a fair trade, with the Bills losing value in this draft which is deep and could fill an immediate need, and essentially giving up the equivilant (using trade value chart) of 22, 30 and a 6th to secure the best offensive playmaker in the draft, and maintaining there early picks this year to do so, and keeping 16 to further help the offense.
While I think its a fair trade to move up that far, I just don't see why the Rams would up for someone who I don't view as dynamic as others.
Austin going top 10 would be similar to Darius Heyward-Bey going top 10 to me.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid save for Lester. I think he'll go undrafted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
While I think its a fair trade to move up that far, I just don't see why the Rams would up for someone who I don't view as dynamic as others.
Austin going top 10 would be similar to Darius Heyward-Bey going top 10 to me.
Who do you think is more dynamic?
I dont particularly like it myself, but they dont consult with me either. Personally, I dont think he should go in the top ten either (although I would be much more comfortable with him in the top ten than Bey), nor did I think Bey should have even been drafted in the first round, but these things happen, although unlike Bey, I do think Austin is worthy of a top 20 pick (closer to 20 in my opinion), and in this draft he is one of the few game changers IMO, which pushes his value up (apprently a view being held league wide).
Do you think the Rams administration views him or could potentially view him this way?
Old 04-22-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Solid save for Lester. I think he'll go undrafted.
He and McDonald are giving me a headache, I watch their tape from 2-3 years ago, then last year and they both are like watching different guys IMO over the coarse of that time.
Lester I could see going anywhere from the 4th into 7th, I do not see him going undrafted though, as he can play the single high safety (deep half as well), has the instincts and ball skills to allow the other 10 defenders to play aggressively which I think the Browns are looking for. While in that coverage 3 years ago he shined, as teams stopped going deep on Alabama his numbers declinded, but he still made plays when they did. I think if you want him to come down and defend the slot and TE's, then he is not your man, but if you want a guy who reads the QB and defends the back end in coverage very well and will make plays on the ball, then he is a solid mid to late round guy. You know the Browns D better than myself, so IYO is that what they are looking for in a FS?
Old 04-22-2013, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Well, looks like someone is buying the D.J. Hayden hype...
I am, the medical scares the crap out of me, and I have not had time to research it, so that makes me nervous about him.
I do not however have any concerns about his skill set on the field. IMO he is the best man corner in the draft, he has a natural feel for the postion, and watching him play, I see the best technical/hip pocket defender that I can recall in some time. He has natural ball skills and is very fluid in his movements which IMO are very natural. At this point I actually like him and Trufant as the best two corners in the draft. I believe the Fins are looking to run more zone concepts (hopefully you can clear that up for me), but I like Hayden so much I would just put him on a island and let him do his thing regardless.
I had him as a first round possibility before the injury, but had him undraftable with a medical issue after the injury. No clue how it will affect him, or what teams have/have not cleared him, so he is certainly high risk/reward for me at this point.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Thomas, Gratz & Wilcox for the Skins. You sir, are a handsome man.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:23 PM    (permalink
JungleRock85
Rookie

JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JungleRock85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really good Bengals draft. I want to re-sign Andre Smith still but Fluker is certainly a great replacement if it doesn't get done. Alec Ogletree would be good value and even though they signed James Harrison and Rey Mauluaga was re-signed I think Ogletree would still be worth taking. Cyprien in the latter part of Round 2 is a good spot for him and would certainly be an upgrade over Chris Crocker from last season. Franklin in the 3rd may no longer happen but I would LOVE that pick. I think even if Franklin isn't there then Bernard very well may be so good choice. Give me Leon McFadden in the 4th at CB instead of DE Lavar Edwards and you pretty much nailed it.