Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-17-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fluker scares me. The last guy I loved that was similar to Fluker was Gabe Carimi, and Carimi's feet are better than Fluker yet he flopped at RT. Granted Fluker is a monster of a man, but still, heavy feet are heavy feet.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still fine with Fluker and probably my #1 choice barring a fall from someone.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:24 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post

also- i'm getting really tired of DJ Fluker to the giants in all these mock drafts
tank carradine to the giants?!
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Haha, I didn't want to say anything but it just seems like he doesn't care. I mean, the podcast is ONCE A WEEK. It does not take that much prep time for a podcast, so I know that's not it. I honestly do not know. I know scouting reports are time consuming but as a full-time job it should be EASY to do by draft time. He clearly just does not like doing them, which is fine, but I know a lot of people here who could do great scouting reports and would do so just to get their name out there. I'm guessing Scott just doesn't want other people taking credit though.

Again, it's just unfortunate. I wish there were more features on the site. Have user submitted mocks to compete for prizes, have a forum poster "blog" of the week where users can submit their various thoughts on the draft and have it published on the site, add a video element to the site, etc. There are a million cool things you could do to not only generate interest from loyal community members like ourselves but also to generate unique hits to the site.
I know exactly what you mean.

I first came here because I was like 13 or 14 and googled New York Giants mock draft and saw this site and loved it because of all those scouting reports. I was even at footballsfuture for a short period of time but I stayed here because I liked the community more.

Now there are hardly any mock draft updates, bare bones scouting reports... it makes me sad :(

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Fluker a lot. I think worst case with him he's an elite/mauling guard. Best case he's a stud RT. It reminds of when Jake Long was picked. You knew, at worst, he'd be an amazing RT.
Old 04-18-2013, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As per the topic of this site, it amazes me how loyal people are to the sites they find. For example, this is the only site I visit for draft news, RiverAveBlues is the only Yankees blog I visit, Dappered is the only men's fashion site I visit, etc.

You get comfortable on the internet, just like you get comfortable in real life.

Now we are all complacent with this site, we graduated from the actual content a long time ago and are here to talk amongst ourselves.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good point Damix. It's really not a football site for me. It's more of a social gathering where I can talk about anything but it just happens to include lots of members who enjoy football a lot. I've been here almost 9 years which is slightly embarassing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mind Fluker, he actually reminds me quite a bit of Kareem McKenzie and has much the same qualities.

Fluker does have a fair bit of technique to develop, he has been largely getting by on his physical tools. If Pat Flahrety gets his hands on this kid, I think we could have a stud.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's up Giants fans? If you have any questions on draft prospects I'll be happy to answer them now.
Mike Maycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm telling you guys, don't be surprised if Steve Beau is a hell of an NFL player. I really think ppl are sleeping on him.

His contributions to that Rutgers defense go so unnoticed. And he's got size and underrated movement skills.

I would love to steal him later in the draft.

I'm just a big believer in him.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm telling you guys, don't be surprised if Steve Beau is a hell of an NFL player. I really think ppl are sleeping on him.

His contributions to that Rutgers defense go so unnoticed. And he's got size and underrated movement skills.

I would love to steal him later in the draft.

I'm just a big believer in him.
He kind of reminds me of Antonio Pierce so it wouldn't surprise me to see him do well. I hope he has a great NFL career.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-21-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AHHH! Draft SO SOON. We Giants fans all need to get on Skype or something.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:18 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

apparently Jessie Armstead talked with Stevie Beau. Ugh. Amazing. my two favorites. **** it, let's grab Stevie late, he can be our Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
apparently Jessie Armstead talked with Stevie Beau. Ugh. Amazing. my two favorites. **** it, let's grab Stevie late, he can be our Mike
And Scotty never wore pants again.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are a couple of LBers I like from Iowa state that no one is talking much about. Jake Knott and AJ Klein.

If we want LBs in later rounds these guys could be in the mix
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was stalking your guys' forum for my mock draft and stumbled across your posts about how this site has gotten worse over the years. The mock drafts have become few and far between, and it seems like Scott has provided scouting reports for about 5% of the players. I remember people called him out on it last year, and he said that the site was going through a "transitioning" period or something like that, and that they'd have more reports up this year. What are the sites that you guys use for draft information, because this site just doesn't cut it. I, like you guys, use this site mainly to talk to fellow Bills fans or any fans that I've become internet "friends" with. If you could shoot me a PM or something about the other sites, I'd appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:29 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Scott has an exscuse for not doing them every year now. Either the site is in transition, the person on him bailed, or he says scouting reports aren't that important to the sites traffic. I mean, that's fine, but like BBD said, just be upfront. Don't say you're going to do scouting reports and then don't. Stop making excuses. If you don't want to do scouting reports, say it. At least it's better than making weak excuses.

I just don't understand the complete lack of any content on the site, outside of the occasional interview, mock draft, update, etc. This is his full-time job. I mean, if you put even eight hours a day into this, could you imagine how much content there would be? Heck even 5-6 hours a day, excluding weekends?

I thought the funniest thing was when Scott was complaining one year how he had to work like 30-40 hours a week for 3-4 months in order to complete the scouting reports on time. I'm sure most of us would love that type of schedule.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I think what we're all disappointing in is he just doesn't realize what kind of gold mine he had here, and he completely wet the bed with it bc of his laziness. It's just mind boggling how someone can have a gift right in their lap and not make the most out of it because of sheer laziness. It's unreal.

This guy should be swimming in money right now but because he's unmotivated he threw it away. It's unreal.

He had a great idea and he just completely wet the bed. He has no one to blame but himself for it too. And I don't want to hear his crap about how he's working hard doing this and that. Give me a break. I'm not in high school, I'm a working man myself, as is plenty of you guys as well. I know what hard work is, and I know excuses and laziness when I see it.

It's just unfortunate, that's all.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
He's so underrated man. You know I've been a fan of his all season. I'm telling you Scotty, I believe in him. I really do.

Watch how he sinks his hips in coverage, he's NEVER out of position, incredible instincts, he's got a tremendous frame on him, nice long arms, he can drop into the deep middle, he's fast enough, he's not a blazer but he's fast enough, he's great in the phonebooth, he's not a sideline to sideline guy but he can defend from B gap to B gap like a hammer, and he is good enough from C to C.

I just really like this guy. He actually reminds me a lot of Jonathan Goff, who I thought wouldve been pretty good for us had he not torn his ACL.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:08 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

A name that just got on my radar that I like:

Swearinger - Safety

He's a very solid 2nd round guy I wouldn't mind at all.

Also I found it interesting that Mayock has Cornellius Washington rated ahead of Tank on his final rankings at DE. Tank skyrocketed on my radar after running a 4.75 130 days after tearing his ACL. That's unreal. I'm still nervous about his get off but that's a good sign.

I have Tank has a top 3 selection for us on defense in round 1 now. Still nervous about him though. But the tools are hard to ignore.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:08 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I aso have Kyle Long rated way higher than most. I think he's gonna be a surprise 1st round selection, and I think he can play LT in the NFL.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:09 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think what we're all disappointing in is he just doesn't realize what kind of gold mine he had here, and he completely wet the bed with it bc of his laziness. It's just mind boggling how someone can have a gift right in their lap and not make the most out of it because of sheer laziness. It's unreal.

This guy should be swimming in money right now but because he's unmotivated he threw it away. It's unreal.

He had a great idea and he just completely wet the bed. He has no one to blame but himself for it too. And I don't want to hear his crap about how he's working hard doing this and that. Give me a break. I'm not in high school, I'm a working man myself, as is plenty of you guys as well. I know what hard work is, and I know excuses and laziness when I see it.

It's just unfortunate, that's all.
I know there's competing sites out there who have others give their own scouting reports and whatnot, and I can guarantee there'd be plenty of willing, quality people who would offer their input for scouting reports.

Someone, even Shane, providing another mock draft to the site would be helpful.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I know there's competing sites out there who have others give their own scouting reports and whatnot, and I can guarantee there'd be plenty of willing, quality people who would offer their input for scouting reports.

Someone, even Shane, providing another mock draft to the site would be helpful.
He'll never let it happen. He's too lazy to do the work himself, and too stuck up to share any limelight with anyone either so he'll never hire a staff to help him out.

It is what it is man. He's a clown. I'm not afraid to say it. Scott Wright is a clown.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He'll never let it happen. He's too lazy to do the work himself, and too stuck up to share any limelight with anyone either so he'll never hire a staff to help him out.

It is what it is man. He's a clown. I'm not afraid to say it. Scott Wright is a clown.
I know it'll never happen. In the last two or three years I've checked out the actual website maybe a handful of times, and if it wasn't for the forums I wouldn't even consider coming around.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

It sounds like Shane is starting his website so I don't know if that means he's going to leave here. If Shane has a forum there might be an exodus again. I don't know if he'd do that to Scott though.

sig by BoneKrusher