Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-22-2013, 09:15 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you blame him? I'm sure Shane wanted to contribute a lot more than he did here but there were probably circumstances preventing it.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohh no not at all. I'm saying I don't know if Shane will have a message board on his site because he doesn't want to totally kill off Scott's site. I'm sure he feels a little gratitude for Scott allowing him to "start" getting his name out there on this site and by having him at the Senior Bowl those few years.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:37 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, if any of you guys migrate, let me know.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:39 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am here as my vacation spot. I normally hang at BBI. Let me know if you change, but to just talk on a MB, this specific MB isn't bad.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It sounds like Shane is starting his website so I don't know if that means he's going to leave here. If Shane has a forum there might be an exodus again. I don't know if he'd do that to Scott though.
Really? I had not heard that. If that's the case, I would very much consider moving over their permanently if a lot of people came over. I respect the hell out of Shane. He puts out infinitely more content when you look at all the things he does not only on this site, but others. All while working a full-time job as a teacher. That's why I can't take Scott seriously when there are people putting out so much more content than him while also working their normal jobs.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt there's a real migration anytime soon. Even when we lost YFS and Sniper that migration lasted for a few weeks before everyone came back. The main page may be completely useless, but everyone's just too used to coming here.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:42 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I doubt there's a real migration anytime soon. Even when we lost YFS and Sniper that migration lasted for a few weeks before everyone came back. The main page may be completely useless, but everyone's just too used to coming here.
Losing Sniper was a plus in my book....

If being on the forums was about content from the main site, then most of us would be elsewhere by this point.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Losing Sniper was a plus in my book....

If being on the forums was about content from the main site, then most of us would be elsewhere by this point.
*shrug* I loved reading his strings of expletives when the Iggles would **** themselves. But I have a strong sense of Schadenfreude.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 04-22-2013, 10:45 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Really? I had not heard that. If that's the case, I would very much consider moving over their permanently if a lot of people came over. I respect the hell out of Shane. He puts out infinitely more content when you look at all the things he does not only on this site, but others. All while working a full-time job as a teacher. That's why I can't take Scott seriously when there are people putting out so much more content than him while also working their normal jobs.
It makes me wonder if Scott is being honest about this being his full time job. Bc there's just no way he can be THAT lazy that this is his full time job and he puts this product out there.

But then again, he looks like he pounds down 2 dozen donuts a day so maybe his laziness isn't as exaggerated as I think...
Old 04-22-2013, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Does this look like a man who pounds donuts?...

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shane has been promoting a site called drafttv on Twitter for a good amount of time now so I'm pretty sure that will be his website. I haven't confirmed it though.

I remember Scott one year had like family issues or something like that and we were told it would be fine once that was over. Ever since then though the main content went down the crapper.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-22-2013, 11:01 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I understand that family issues can cause trouble at work, but at the end of the day, people go to work every day with issues at home, and they leave those issues at home and do their job.

I just can't buy that as an excuse if that's his reason. It wouldn't fly for any of us if we were as productive as him at our workplaces and used family issues as the reason. We'd all get our walking papers.

Perhaps I'm being harsh and not sympathetic enough, but honestly, I've been working long enough to know ******** when I see it. And he's been feeding everyone a line of ******** for the past 4 years.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We all know I agree with the mentioned sentiments. He's also so out of touch with the forum. The teo thread where he proclaimed himself right and locked it. The insecurity about people who disagree with or critique him. It's embarrassing, honestly. I only go to the front page to look up how to spell a name because it's 2 clicks away.

Also, I'll take anyone in the first not named teo, eifert or ogletree. That is all
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I pretty much agree, anyone but those 3 and I'm perfectly fine with it. It's that kind of draft for me.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like one of these come Thursday

Cooper
Warmack
T.E.
Vaccaro
Rhodes
Austin
Fluker
Old 04-22-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Not a Kyle Long fan? What about Pugh?
Old 04-22-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

1st rounders I mean. I saw those guys, but I didn't see them projected as 1st rounders anywhere.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

You named 3 names. Now thanks to Scotty we'll be drafting one of them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-22-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These are more my 3 do not want list but as we all know in Reese we trust
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
We all know I agree with the mentioned sentiments. He's also so out of touch with the forum. The teo thread where he proclaimed himself right and locked it. The insecurity about people who disagree with or critique him. It's embarrassing, honestly. I only go to the front page to look up how to spell a name because it's 2 clicks away.

Also, I'll take anyone in the first not named teo, eifert or ogletree. That is all
That pretty much sealed my feelings on Scott. Essentially the equivalent to a 5-year-old saying they were right and then closing their ears and screaming, "I can't hear you." I loved how he said he doesn't post on the forum because people will get on him too much. Also agree with what BBD said too.

I agree with those three guys too. I like Ogletree but his off the field stuff is a big turn off to me. I just never know with Reese, man. I love him because of that, but it can sometimes be scary on draft day. Not so much now because he clearly knows what he's doing but I always wonder in the back of my mind if he will do something crazy like take a TE or RB or something.

Also, I mentioned it before but we need to organize on Skype or IRC or something damn it. It'd be far more fun to watch the draft just talking with you guys.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I'd add Werner to that list. Those are the only guys I don't want round 1. If we get one of them round 2 no complaints, because it'd be a huge steal. If I had to pick a guy, Xavier Rhodes is my guy heading into draft day. I want him at 19, but as I said before anyone other than Teo, Eifert, Ogletree and Werner is ok in my book. IN REESE WE TRUST

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I forgot about Werner. Yeah add him to the list.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

I wouldn't mind Werner, but there's a lot of people I'd want before him.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-22-2013, 04:17 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why are you guys anti eifert? i havent watched him so im curious. I like the idea of getting a corner, havent watched any but i said amukamara sucked when we got him and he still does (not that Jimmy smith has lived up to my billing of him) so time to move on.

Id love to see a DT or an Olineman, havent watched as much film this spring, no internet at the apartment so not sure who we should be aiming for. as always, we might be in the market for another DE with osi gone. reese really does like to surprise, and he loves pass rushers, so maybe thats not a totally wild thought.

also, ive been coming to these forums since Sept 2004, and come to this day for your guys intelligent opinions, something that is unfortunately hard to find on the draft. so if you do one day decide that your posts would look better on a different background i would appreciate the heads up.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Unless I'm reading that wrong, Amukumura most certainly does not suck.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: