Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-17-2013, 09:53 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's pretty much the same role Kruger played last season.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's different with Dumervile though. Who are we gonna take off Suggs or doom? The article said he will be a de in nickel packages but rush OlB in a 34 front. I think we are moving to a pure 34. I could see us taking a dlineman early
Old 04-17-2013, 11:32 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
It's different with Dumervile though. Who are we gonna take off Suggs or doom? The article said he will be a de in nickel packages but rush OlB in a 34 front. I think we are moving to a pure 34. I could see us taking a dlineman early
I think he'll play spot duty for Suggs in our odd fronts but the majority of his snaps will come on a 4 man line. Suggs may even drop back to LB in this package with Doom taking the other end spot. In the press conference, Harbaugh talked about how they were and still are a multiple front team so I don't expect that to change. I think they want to get McPhee on the field any way they can really.

With Canty, Spears, and Art Jones - they have 3 guys to rotate at the 5 tech spots but only Cody, who's not reliable at this point, behind Ngata at NT. I agree, and think Ozzie may pull the trigger if there's a really good NT on the board Day 2, but I don't think we'll see a 5 tech added early.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:42 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see a 5-technique taken early if a good player was available the more I think about it. Canty and Spears are both 30 and neither are what you would call above average players. Jones is an unrestricted free agent next season. We all know how other teams live to overpay Baltimore's defensive free agents. It seems like they don't like McPhee much at that position (talking about a traditional 5-technique role here) and that's no surprise considering his struggles against the run compared to his value as a pass-rusher. A young and talented 5-technique would have a role on the team.

Of course a lot depends on what Ngata is going to be doing too. If he's still playing the majority of his snaps at the 5-technique then a NT seems more likely to be taken. I still like Cody but Pees' system favors/needs a NT that can do more than just take on blocks. That's a big reason why I think we will see Ngata there more this season but if that's not the case I wouldn't be surprised to see a guy drafted at that position either.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah peas had Cody loose weight this year an he was garbage. When he was 360+ he offered something. Perhaps we take Jesse Williams or Hankins round 1. He can play NT and has 5 tech experience.
Old 04-17-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Hankins isn't anything more than a run-defender either though. Williams is interesting. He didn't produce a lot in terms of stats but when you watched the games you can see the impact he had on the field in terms of collapsing the pocket and actually making a difference disrupting the QB. I'd still prefer the best available S, ILB, or WR (LT would be on that list too if there was anybody good projected to be available in that range) but at this point I wouldn't mind a guy like Williams either.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:58 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...rderly-conduct

Well...so much for him salvaging his career.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:47 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Apparently all he did was refuse to leave and cursed at some police officers but a guy with his history absolutely needed to stay clean off the field. That's just extremely poor judgement on his part.

With that said I don't think the Ravens will cut him (if at all) until after training camp. There isn't any big reason to get rid of him until they see what he can do on the field/until the roster limits come into effect. I don't expect McClain much to the team but I think he still gets a shot.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:21 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what an idiot.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

if he did have all those priors he would get a good lawyer and just pick up trash for a day maybe. He may serve jail time for that. It will be interesting to see what we do.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who are a few players that you wish the Steelers don't get their hands on? For you guys, it's Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter, or Jarvis Jones if he falls.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

IDK if I want Jarvis Jones to be honest with you. His combine was terrible, he is undersized w/ serious neck issues. I dont want u guys to grab Tavon Austin obviously.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...sted-wrong-man

McClains side of the story. It does sound like something a good lawyer could make go away, but with his priors IDK what will happen.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

What are your guys predictions for the WR depth battle? Streeter, Reed, Doss, Williams, Thompson, Mellette all battling it out for the spots behind Smith and Jones. I think we will keep 6 WRs mainly because Reed and Williams can be special teams contributors. I think we keep Smith,Jones,Doss,Reed,Streeter,Williams and IR stash Thompson and Mellette. This is just a complete guess it will be interesting to see how it plays out
Old 04-28-2013, 08:26 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hearing Thompson may be a guy that the Ravens are high on so that would imply he will have shot in the battle. I'm not sold on Reid as anything other then a special teamer. Doss and Streeter are intriguing guys, Streeter with his untapped potential and Doss is a guy that Flacco pined for the Ravens to draft. Mellette is a 7th round guy with good stats, but I'm interested to see what he can do against NFL caliber talent in the offseason programs.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You signed Murphy Holloway to play TE. People at Ole Miss have been telling him to try football for 4 years, it would not surprise me in the least bit to see him become a very good football player. He is a freak.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:52 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Baltimore has signed a couple of interesting athletes as UDFAs in Holloway and Omarius Hines. With 10 draft picks this year it might be harder for an UDFA or two to make the roster like we've seen recently but these guys are definitely interesting. Rogers Gaines is another prospect I think has a chance to stick around as a developmental OT. Furstenberg could be the blocking TE they need. Not a bad UDFA class so far. I don't see any big names that stick out but I like it.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:26 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Taking a shot at predicting the 53:

QB - Joe Flacco / Tyrod Taylor
RB - Raymell Rice / Bernard Pierce / Anthony Allen
FB - Vonta Leach / Kyle Juszczyk (H-back)
TE - Dennis Pitta / Ed Dickson / Matt Furstenberg
WR - Tandon Doss / Deonte Thompson
LT - Bryant McKinney (resigned) - if not him, expecting a late addition vet
LG - Kelechi Osemele / Ramon Harewood
C - Gino Gradkowski / Ryan Jensen
RG - Marshall Yanda / Jah Reid
RT - Michael Oher / Ricky Wagner
WR - Torrey Smith / Jacoby Jones / Tommy Streeter

OLB - Terrell Suggs / Pernell McPhee
DT - Art Jones / Marcus Spears
NT - Haloti Ngata / Brandon Williams / Terrance Cody
DE - Chris Canty / DeAngelo Tyson
OLB - Elvis Dumervil / Courtney Upshaw / John Simon
ILB - Arthur Brown / Albert McClellan
ILB - Jameel McClain / Josh Bynes
CB - Corey Graham / Jimmy Smith / Chris Johnson
SS - Matt Elam / James Ihedigbo
FS - Michael Huff / Omar Brown
CB - Lardarius Webb / Chykie Brown / Asa Jackson

LS - Morgan Cox
K - Justin Tucker
P - Sam Koch

IR - Kapron Lewis-Moore, Marc Anthony, Aaron Mellette
Suspended - Christian Thompson
Potentially called up from Practice Squad - Jack Cornell, Bobby Rainey

Notable cuts: David Reed, Rolando McClain, LaQuan Williams
Old 04-29-2013, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Pretty good list. I think we keep Reed because of how good he is as a gunner on special teams. Harbs seems to love that dude for some reason. I think we would cut Furstenberg and use Juszczyk as our #3 TE to keep Reed.

Also I think if Rolando is given an opportunity in training camp I think we will make the team. He seems to care about football he is just really that dumb to get arrested for trying to start a riot.
Old 04-29-2013, 05:58 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Preeeety happy with our draft. Good need and value often.

Juszczyk will probably fill that 3rd TE role for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:11 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
You signed Murphy Holloway to play TE. People at Ole Miss have been telling him to try football for 4 years, it would not surprise me in the least bit to see him become a very good football player. He is a freak.
I just read up on the Holloway pickup, I love his size at 6-7 240 lbs. He's definitely a sleeper to look out for in training camp.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:59 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I'm pretty excited about the pick up. Hopefully he tweaks a hammy in camp so we can put him on the IR for a year and develop him.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We snuck in and signed McKinnie to a 2 year deal when everyone thought he was going to Miami or SD. He's not great but I'm pleased with the signing. He did a solid job in the playoffs last year and more importantly it means we don't have to play KO at LT. KO and Yanda should be the best guard tandem in the league which should certainly help out a young Gino Gradkowski.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:43 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
We snuck in and signed McKinnie to a 2 year deal when everyone thought he was going to Miami or SD. He's not great but I'm pleased with the signing. He did a solid job in the playoffs last year and more importantly it means we don't have to play KO at LT. KO and Yanda should be the best guard tandem in the league which should certainly help out a young Gino Gradkowski.
Pretty good news. I hope there is some clauses regarding his weight and conditioning in the deal. Any numbers out yet?
Old 05-02-2013, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I havent seen any numbers yet. I hope there isnt a lot of guarenteed money in year 2 though.

BTW rookie #s

First Round: S Matt Elam, No. 31
Second Round: LB Arthur Brown, No. 59
Third Round: DT Brandon Williams, No. 98
Fourth Round: OLB John Simon, No. 47
Fourth Round: FB Kyle Juszczyk, No. 40
Fifth Round: G/T Rick Wagner, No. 71
Sixth Round: DE Kapron Lewis-Moore, No. 67
Sixth Round: C Ryan Jensen, No. 77
Seventh Round: WR Aaron Mellette, No. 80
Seventh Round: CB Marc Anthony, No. 36

No surprise that no one will ever get to wear 52 or 20. Has anyone ever worn 75? I dont think so.