Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-05-2013, 07:59 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I like Thornton a lot too. I don't think he'll go in the first, early second or mid second, but the highest I can see him going is late second. Where I think he'll surprise is how good he is in the NFL. I think he's a stud.

I also think Alvin Bailey is gonna be a real stud. Not gonna be drafted as the 3rd OG off the board, but he can start from Day 1 and have a long successful NFL career imo. I like Thornton, but I LOVE Bailey.

I'm way down on Warford. Might be my 8th or 9th best OG. I think he'll be drafted high, but I try to rank my guys based off I how successful I think they'll be in the NFL. Not where they will be drafted.
Why are you way down on Warford?

The guy absolutely handled a top 10 pick in Sharif Floyd and a top 20 pick in Sheldon Richardson while playing on a terrible team.

He also had a strong showing at the Senior Bowl.

He is never going to test well or win the body beautiful award but the guy gets it done on the field against guys who are going to play on Sundays.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Attyla the Hawk
Rookie

Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Attyla the Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbenn View Post
Not only do I think Hugh Thornton is a top 3 OG, but he is also as good or better than any OG or OL prospect in the draft IMO. I think he will surprise as a 1st rounder or early 2nd rounder at worst.
I don't think he'll go that high. But I do think there will be teams that picked other guys instead of him in that range and they will have to answer for that.

I'm a Thornton fan. I can see him as a 4th round steal form some team.
Attyla the Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Warford and it isn't even close. In fact, I'd rank them 1a) Warmack, 1b) Cooper, 1c) Warford depending on what you're looking for in a Guard
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:30 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Warford and it isn't even close. In fact, I'd rank them 1a) Warmack, 1b) Cooper, 1c) Warford depending on what you're looking for in a Guard
You must really value Warfords man boobs. That's all he has on the other guys.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:35 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
You must really value Warfords man boobs. That's all he has on the other guys.
You need to go watch some film.
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Warford is the third best pure guard...but Pugh will go ahead of him because of his versatility. Same with Kyle Long, though I think a lot of teams want him as a tackle.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:47 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
You need to go watch some film.
I have. He's not on the level of Warmack Cooper.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:16 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Other: Oday Aboushi or Dallas Thomas
Old 04-06-2013, 11:02 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayocks updated OL Rankings

Center
1. Brian Schwenke, Cal
2. Barrett Jones, Alabama
3. Travis Frederick, Wisconsin
4. Khaled Holmes, USC
5. Braxston Cave, Notre Dame

Rise: Schwenke (2), Jones (3)

Guard
1. Chance Warmack, Alabama
2. Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina
3. Kyle Long, Oregon
4. Larry Warford, Kentucky
5. Brian Winters, Kent State

Rise: Long (4)

Tackle
1. Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
2. Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M
3. Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
4. D.J. Fluker, Alabama
T-5. Menelik Watson, Florida State
T-5. Justin Pugh, Syracuse

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap10...spect-rankings
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:30 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While we're discussing guards here, do people actually think that Warmack/Cooper might go in the top ten? I just don't see it. Last year we were talking about David DeCastro going top fifteen, possibly even top ten, and he went in the twenties. Now we're hearing that Warmack's better, but does a guard actually go in the top ten? I kind of think this is going to be another case where draftniks are pushing guards up too high.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
While we're discussing guards here, do people actually think that Warmack/Cooper might go in the top ten? I just don't see it. Last year we were talking about David DeCastro going top fifteen, possibly even top ten, and he went in the twenties. Now we're hearing that Warmack's better, but does a guard actually go in the top ten? I kind of think this is going to be another case where draftniks are pushing guards up too high.
It is going to be interesting to see what happens but I think both guards are gone by #18 for sure. I think this year is slightly different because there is not elite top 15 locks at priority positions outside of CB and tackle. Normally you see a handful of QB's in the top 15 or a can't miss wideout but thats just not the case this year. Couple that with the fact that there are teams with legit issues on the interior line picking in that area we could see both guys go early.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I think last year shows how teams value the guard position. I think there is one guard in the top 15 maybe. Guard just isn't nearly the impact position like a DE or a good DTs. The positional value is just too low. Warmack is a great guard but teams will find it easier to plug a guy inside than they will to find a good Tackle, QB, WR, DE, DT, OLB, or DB.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After watching more and more film of Eric Herman, I am impressed big time by his abilities and he is right there with Kyle Long as my #3 guard. Herman reminds me a lot of Josh Sitton with his strength, tenacity and movement skills.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:43 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
After watching more and more film of Eric Herman, I am impressed big time by his abilities and he is right there with Kyle Long as my #3 guard. Herman reminds me a lot of Josh Sitton with his strength, tenacity and movement skills.
Other than YT highlights, where can you find full games?
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:46 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
Could you guys please stop calling Fluker a OG?
Why? He easily fits the profile to me of a guy who'll probably start out at RT and could easily kick inside early in his career and honestly depending on who drafts him he could start out as a G. Everything isn't as black and white in the draft community as you'd like to think it is. Same reason why guys people say are ideal 4-3 defenders all through the process and horrible fits in a 3-4 but when the draft rolls around a 3-4 team takes that type of player in the top 10 and makes it work.

Fluker can be a damn good Guard if he was drafted to be there, and nobody would think twice about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
Other than YT highlights, where can you find full games?
My DVR haha

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do think cooper and warmack are becoming slightly overrated, id take decastro last year over both of them but they are being hyped like weve never seen anything like them before. Cooper is not THAT better than the pounceys as athletic guards, or even Branden albert who was an amazing guard prospect that has played LT since day one

And honestly ive said for a while that Fluker is every bit as impressive as Iupati was as guard, but that gets lost in the shuffle. The best this year gets hyped as the best in the last 10 years way to often

Cooper is a guy that is an excellent guy to move people down field and away from the ball, Warmack is an excellent guy to go out and kill someone and make DTs fake injuries...but they are still guards and will likely fall a bit. We'll have the next once in a lifetime "best since hutch" guard next season too im sure in the OU guys or Yankey or something

Last edited by K Train : 04-22-2013 at 10:42 PM.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone give me some info on Bailey? Where does he project to go and why isn't he in the discussion for top 5 at OG?
Old 04-22-2013, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Travis Frederick.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:33 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Fluker
2. Warmack
3. Cooper
4. Frederick
5. Bahktiari