Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-22-2013, 04:25 PM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran

hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Unless I'm reading that wrong, Amukumura most certainly does not suck.
i certianly dont think hes shown he was worth that 19th pick
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prince was really good last year. Don't know what you were watching.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:14 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Prince was really good last year. Don't know what you were watching.
i'm not sure if he was *really* good, but he certainly was good. i mean he was our best starting CB without a doubt as webster was a disaster.

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:17 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not in this system. I am surprised he had a good year. 31st ranked defense you are not going to have a lot of guys graded as good to great.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prince was very good, but we don't know if he's a #1 CB yet. He did a great job covering the opposition's #2.

He still has to prove more to me, but so far so good. He started his career slow but hes putting it together now.

Will he ever be a #1? I don't know. That's why I wouldn't mind Rhodes.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Prince was very good, but we don't know if he's a #1 CB yet. He did a great job covering the opposition's #2.

He still has to prove more to me, but so far so good. He started his career slow but hes putting it together now.

Will he ever be a #1? I don't know. That's why I wouldn't mind Rhodes.
The way he was projected he has to be a # 1. If not, that's highly disappointing.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:46 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

disappointing and "sucking" are 2 very different things though. Worse things can happen than having pick 19 being a good #2 CB for years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Shane is going to have a forum on his new site according to his Twitter. We could all make the jump when it launches but we'll lose everything here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-22-2013, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So Shane is going to have a forum on his new site according to his Twitter. We could all make the jump when it launches but we'll lose everything here.
It's not against a rules to go to other sites, you just cannot actively promote another site.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I know but I'm not going to be spending my time between 2 sites and at this point I'd rather Shane get the traffic since he puts in the work. I'll see what happens with everything here when it launches though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-22-2013, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, I understand. Yeah, I'm in a wait and see approach. I'd clearly much rather support Shane and a mass exodus to a different site really isn't as uncommon as people think.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll sign up once it launches. I'm keeping my eye on it. I'm the type that usually just posts in one place, but I'll definitely keep an eye on both sites and see who is where. I want to make a full migration but only time will tell if it happens.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:39 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
The way he was projected he has to be a # 1. If not, that's highly disappointing.
I wouldn't say that's disappointing. Having a lockdown #2 CB is valuable. Terrel Thomas was that guy for us for a couple of years and he was due for a big pay day until he tore his ACL.

If Prince can be our new TT, and we go out and get a new Webster, I don't view that as a disappointment. It's not like he was a top 5 pick, he went 19. That's good value in my eyes.

Not every 1st rounder is gonna be a Pro Bowl talent. That's an unrealistic viewpoint.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I can't believe everyone has dropped Logan Ryan on their boards. Someone is going to get a steal in the 3rd round and I really hope it's us. It's also possible the NFL team boards won't match up with the draftniks.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-23-2013, 08:03 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I wouldn't say that's disappointing. Having a lockdown #2 CB is valuable. Terrel Thomas was that guy for us for a couple of years and he was due for a big pay day until he tore his ACL.

If Prince can be our new TT, and we go out and get a new Webster, I don't view that as a disappointment. It's not like he was a top 5 pick, he went 19. That's good value in my eyes.

Not every 1st rounder is gonna be a Pro Bowl talent. That's an unrealistic viewpoint.
Exactly. I don't understand how anyone can view Prince as a bust or dissapointing at this point. If he takes another step up this year we'll really be sitting pretty with him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-23-2013, 08:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I can't believe everyone has dropped Logan Ryan on their boards. Someone is going to get a steal in the 3rd round and I really hope it's us. It's also possible the NFL team boards won't match up with the draftniks.
Draftniks usually have very different boards from teams. In fact, team vs team boards can be very different as well.

It all depends on what your GM, coaching staff and scouts prefer in players. I like to compare our philosophy vs Andy Reid's Eagles philosophy as a prime example.

2 teams both run 4-3 defenses but our boards would look entirely different, bc we like length and size, whereas Reid prefered undersized speed demons.

I like Ryan as a Cover 2 CB. I'm not entirely comfortable with him as a press man guy. I felt he was a solid 2nd rounder.

There's some good 2nd round CBs in this draft. It could be Ryan got bumped out of the 2nd round bc of the depth at CB in this draft. It's a great draft for CBs and Safeties.

I wouldn't mind loading up on DBs this year.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ryan can definitely play man. He didn't play much zone at all at Rutgers so I don't know why everyone sees him as a zone CB all of a sudden.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-23-2013, 08:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

That doesn't matter. That was college. His movement skills and speed are a concern at the next level.

The question will be, is he physical enough that he can beat guys up at the LOS and get away with his average speed and hips? Whoever drafts him better put him through some serious position drills and evaluate his movement skills to determine that.

I haven't studied him enough to say one way or another with absolute certainty.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He's 100% physical enough. He also has above average hips. His top line speed is the main issue.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-23-2013, 08:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I liken him to Antoine Winfield, who was a hell of a CB. But Winfield was also at his best in a Cover 2.

It all depends on what the staff wants to do with him. I wouldn't mind the pick. I'm projecting Prince as a solid #2 CB though, and Hoseley as our nickel, which means we still need a #1 CB, and I don't view Ryan as that guy, he's a #2 to me.

So if we're going CB, I prefer a guy who has the tools to be a #1.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:50 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Ryan's thing is his top line speed is a concern in case he gets beat off the line with his physicality, it's a concern he won't recover. And I ******* love Logan and would kill to grab him (I grabbed him in the 2nd of the forum mock). I think the Cover 2 thing is because of his skill set and physicality.

I'm just excited. For really the first 3 rounds more than ever, not just the 1st. I think it'd be hard for us to make what would be a bad pick in my (our) mind(s). This is the most I've known and been involved with in a draft, so I'm not sure if there really would be a surprise pick. Who knows what our board is like. Hell, we could get someone rated just as close to our 1st rounder as we do in the 2nd, seriously. I'm just super excited
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:55 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

The draft is so damn deep in the first 3 rounds we would have to royally screw this up not to like our draft this year.

I'm so tempted to say we really should move back and aquire more 2nd and 3rd round picks to stock up on players, but I know Reese never does that so there's no point in discussing it.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:57 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

honestly, looking at the LBers this draft, we could get a good starter in rounds 3,4,5 realistically. Lot of guys I really like. That's why I'm hoping Tank is our pick because the DE depth really isn't that great IMO, and DB and LB are SO DEEP.

i'd be fine with Cooper though. Or pray Warmack makes a Decastro like fall, that'd be cool.
Quote:
Old 04-23-2013, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

If we got Ryan on the 3rd round I would be thrilled beyond belief. That would be such a steal.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:03 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
If we got Ryan on the 3rd round I would be thrilled beyond belief. That would be such a steal.
As would I with Sio Moore in the 4th. Maybe even 3rd, but 4th would be awesome. Boom! Teamwork!

Cooper in the first
Washington in the 2nd
Ryan the 3rd
Moore the 4th

championship
Quote: