Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2013, 02:55 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
At least Ferentz will keep on winning Coach of the Year titles because apparently the award is for mediocrity.

The fact that a coach that took a team with a losing record and then went undefeated wasn't COTY indicates how much of a ******* joke the B1G awards are. It's like one big PC every body gets a trophy circle jerk.
To be fair, the times he has won it weren't undeserving and Iowa wasn't mediocre. It is a joke sweatervest never won one, though. And no one was going to reward Meyer while OSU was on probation, so I don't really see why you are complaining. You really couldn't see that coming? Plus, you had talent and underwhelmed by going .500 and losing a bowl game last year, let's not make it out like you had 3 wins and no talent before Meyer...

And I actually really like Ferentz and have no real qualms with his philosophies for the most part (other than never giving anyone but upperclassmen playing time). I just think so much of his coaching hinges on his coordinators*, and I have little to no confidence in our current coordinators.

*I know this can be said about most every staff, but KF really isn't an offensive or defensive coach, so I think he's more of a manager that lets his staff call things and gives the approval.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote