Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-23-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would probably die from happiness if this occurred.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:20 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep in mind, SAM in our defense is a Joker. Reese made that clear when he said Kiwi will still play a lot of Joker on our defense.

So we have our WILL in JWill, but we need a MIKE and Joker. And our MIKE idealy should be a 3 down guy who can play in the nickel.

So tweener Jokers also are interesting me. Dion Jordan would have been a sick Joker but that's a pipe dream.

But Jaimie Collins is a guy to keep in mind at Joker.

Swearinger as our future FS in the 2nd intrigues me as well, along with Eric Reid in the 1st, Vaccaro or Cyprien in the 1st.

This is a good safety class.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:24 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's something to also think about.

If Shariff Floyd starts to slide in the draft, like out of the top 10 as some are saying is a possibility, do you consider moving up to get him?
Old 04-23-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Here's something to also think about.

If Shariff Floyd starts to slide in the draft, like out of the top 10 as some are saying is a possibility, do you consider moving up to get him?
I am higher on Sheldon Richardson to be honest. If Floyd starts falling that only means Richardson has a higher chance of landing with us. I stay put and let JR work his magic.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am starting to like T.E. at TE for us. Just seeing him more and reading him about him, I think he can give Eli a big time weapon at TE. I don't think we had a TE as explosive since Shockey.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And DJ Hayden, but his injury is or was horrific. How on god's green earth do you tear your inferior vena cava? I mean good god! He is a talented player that goes in the defensive players I would be good with and maybe like if drafted.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I am starting to like T.E. at TE for us. Just seeing him more and reading him about him, I think he can give Eli a big time weapon at TE. I don't think we had a TE as explosive since Shockey.
No TE! We have Adrian Robinson, give him a chance.

Plus we don't use TE like that to warrant a 1st rounder. I like Jamar Taylor at CB as well. Underrated player.

There's so many good players this year. I don't see many star pro bowl level players, but there's a TON of good players.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No TE. Just a waste of a pick for us.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:48 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
No TE! We have Adrian Robinson, give him a chance.

Plus we don't use TE like that to warrant a 1st rounder. I like Jamar Taylor at CB as well. Underrated player.

There's so many good players this year. I don't see many star pro bowl level players, but there's a TON of good players.
I will and I shall give him a chance. But if he is BPA and we like him, then I would like this a lot. I doubt it happens, but this guy is a good TE and would be great for us.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

He won't be BPA. There a ton of players in the trenches and defensive backs who are gonna be rated higher than him that will be there at 19.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Greg Cossel's on TE

Quote:
"have talked to many defensive coordinators who have told me that matching up to “12” personnel (one back, two tight ends, and two wide receivers) is a real problem"

Depends on whose board we are talking. Walking the stuff on ESPN and NFL network he can go anywhere. Rumors were Falcons had a man crush and willing to trade all the way up for him.

I think he can be that good in the right system.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:34 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

there are two positions in my opinion you never take first round: TE & HB

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

You never say never, but I think for a RB to be a 1st round guy he better be a special athlete.

A late 1st I don't mind a RB, but when we're talking middle of the draft or early pick, he better be a special athlete to justify it.

TE could be a 1st rounder in my eyes in a different scheme, or if again, the guy is a special talent.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:48 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i've heard eifert being taken as high as 6!! that seems absurd to me. vernon davis went 6 a few years ago because he was an athletic freak and it also took him 3 years to get the hang of the nfl.

sig by jkpigskin

Old 04-23-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I haven't even scouted him bc I just figured we're not gonna take a TE this year. But he doesn't seem like he's so special that you have to take him from a glance.

He's not a Jimmy Graham or Gronk type of athlete.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

what do you all think of Kiko Alonso?

i think the guy has a lot of potential and i'd happily spend a 2nd round pick on the guy assuming he's there

sig by jkpigskin

Old 04-23-2013, 01:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I haven't seen him honestly. I can do a quick looksie and get back to you.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Except for K and P, I don't go by the position game of don't draft this position in the 1st round. Set up your board, and if a position comes up it happens to strike a balance of need and value then draft them.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:53 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Oh and Robert Woods is another new add on. This guy has it all. Good speed, size, and hands, and route running ability. Solid player, not amazing, but just solid. I like that in a prospect. So that would be a good pick. I see him as a late first or 2nd rounder.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No offense for you!
Old 04-23-2013, 05:16 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
No offense for you!
I have a few defensive players. If they are not the ones, I shall throw a tantrum that will put kids to shame!

I have a feeling it will be an offensive player. Now it could be gas or indigestion, but I think 1st round will be an offensive player.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You got your offensive skill player last year and then another in the 2nd! Unless we go OL we better go D strong!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:26 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Yes and before we went JPP and Prince. So this year can still go offense. We went JPP, Linlo and Prince and Austin.

In fact the JPP draft the first 4 picks were all defense. JPP, Austin, Chad Jones, and Dillard.

So we can go offense twice this year and be good to go! By then, fewell gets fired after this year, and you can go defense to your hearts content. If we hire another lemon at DC. I will stomp the yard!
Old 04-23-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't like to see so many people mock Te'o to the Giants in the first round. They better not be right. I don't even want him in the 7th round, let alone the first round!

Give me an OL, DL, CB or S.

Nothing else is allowed.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Ansah slides a little, I like the idea of trading up if possible (maybe with the Jets at 13)

This draft is really wide open, I think there is going to be alot of movement, add in that some players will slide more than expected, there will be a run on Oline and I expect to see some surprise selections in the first round and really all bets are off.

Considering the depth and quality of the DE, LB and DT classes, I can see teams waiting a little to address those needs in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and grabbing that stud CB, OL etc.

I don't think many mocks are valid this year other than giving a general idea of possible value, they aren't factoring in trades, which are very likely imho.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote