Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 08:42 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like that pick, given the situation.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kansas City = Luke Joeckel
Jacksonville = Sharrif Floyd
Oakland = Dion Jordan
Philadelphia = Star Lotuleli
Detroit = Eric Fisher
Cleveland = Dee Milliner
Arizona = Lane Johnson
Buffalo = Chance Warmack
New York = Ezekiel Ansah
Tennessee = Jonathan Cooper
San Diego = Barkevious Mingo
Miami = Xavier Rhodes
New York Jets (Trade f/Tampa Bay) = Geno Smith
Carolina = Sheldon Richardson
New Orleans = Kenny Vaccaro
St. Louis = Tavon Austin
Pittsburgh = Cordarrelle Patterson
Dallas = Sylvester Williams
N.Y. Giants = D.J. Fluker
Chicago = Alec Ogletree
Cincinnati = Jonathan Cyprien
St. Louis = Arthur Brown
Minnesota = DeAndre Hopkins

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
Old 04-22-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On another note, Chris Long and the Rams made some changes to his contract that freed up $4.5 Millon. They need to do that with one or two more players and they will be able to sign all their draft picks and possibly another key free agent.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
I like that pick, given the situation.
Yeah, I threw around a few other guys like Lacy, Elam, Kyle Long, Carradine...but I thought Brown was the best player available at a position of need. To be quite honest, though, if this is how the 1st round were to actually shape up, I think we would start hearing the phone ring from teams wanting to trade back into the 1st, and it would be awfully tempting. The way things are looking, I doubt Austin is there at #16, and we may be waanting to trade up for him. If that happens, I am sure we would then try to trade back and recover whatever pick(s) we gave up to get him. Maybe we give up a 2 and then get back a 3...at least we have the same number of picks. Our 2 isn't that far ahead of an early 3 anyway, and there will still be a lot of talent in that area of this draft.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:19 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like the Brown selection as well. And yeah it looks more and more like Tavon won't be there, I think he ends up with the Jets, who now have two picks in the top 15.

If you guys believe the rumors (we all know how accurate those are at this time) we're really high on DeAndre Hopkins.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:21 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok I accidently took a 2 1/2 hour nap earlier so I'm wide awake. I was going to wait to do my last Mock draft, but I figured what the hell. I'll probably have no time to do it on Tuesday or Wednesday anyways.

So here goes...

1. DeAndre Hopkins WR [6'1 214, Clemson]
- I'm a huge fan of Hopkins, to me he's the 1B to Tavon Austin in this draft and both are the only receivers I feel comfortable with taking in the first 20 selections. I know Rams have worked him out at least once already and reports were that they worked him out again, although in my opinion, the second workout was just the Rams doing their homework and getting to the bottom of what actually happened in Indy.

1. Manti Te'o LB [6'1 241, Notre Dame]
- I never understand it when people said this guy was a top five selection, just like I don't understand now when people say they wouldn't even have this young man on their big board. We all know he had a terrible game against Alabama, but who hasn't? Alabama has a monster offensive Line and two Running backs who are going to be starters in the NFL. Manti is still a really good football player and an exceptional leader. Move him to the weakside and your linebacking core is outstanding.

2. Robert Woods WR [6'1 201, USC]
- I'll admit, two receivers in the first two rounds could be overkill, but I want playmakers and I'm sick of asking "hmm will the Rams give Sam some weapons this offseason?" Jeff Fisher and Les Snead finally answer that question with his draft. I really wanted Justin Hunter here, but at the end of the day, what won me over with Woods was the fact that he's less likely to bust, I think you know what your going to get with him, and the fact that he can play outside and inside.

3. Montee Ball RB [5'10 214, Wisconsin]
- Montee is probably my favorite back in this class, doesn't do one thing exceptionally well, but has a really nice all around game. He has a lot of tread on his tires which is worrisome, but I don't expect him to get a full workload in St. Louis.

4. Logan Ryan CB [5'11 191, Rutgers]
- Rams have a really talented group of corners, I just worry about them staying out of trouble with little depth behind them. We've already seen Johnson get arrested, if he gets in trouble again, who's our third corner? Quinton Pointer? I actually wouldn't be surprised if corner is addressed earlier in this draft. Fisher loves his Cornerbacks.

5. Oday Aboushi OT [6'6 308, Virginia]
- This is a selection for the future. 2013 can be a "redshirt" season for Oday. I fully expect Saffold to leave after this year and when he does the Rams could just plug in Aboushi, is a classic Jeff Fisher Offensive Lineman, plays with a nasty streak.

6. Earl Wolff FS [5'11 209, North Carolina state]
- I think the Rams will resign Mikell and I believe Darian Stewart and Matt Daniels can contribute on this defense. besides Cyprien and maybe Elam, I just don't feel comfortable with any of the Safeties in this class and I'm not going to reach for one just to fill a need. Wolff can come in and compete for a starting job, made a name for himself at the east-west shrine week.

7. Eric Herman OG [6'4 320, Ohio]
- Like the Safety depth, I believe in Rok Watkins, I think he's going to be our starting Guard this season and with Chris Long restructuring his deal, that means we don't have to say bye to Harvey Dahl. Which means their isn't a massive whole on the o-line this year. If you look at Jeff Fisher's drafts, selecting an offensive lineman in the later rounds and letting them spend a year "developing" and then plug them into a starting role is something he does pretty often.

- The 2nd round selection was definitely the hardest. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Rams select one of the top corners. But like I said, I want playmakers and I want us to have no excuses for Sam anymore, he's a really good Quarterback and it's about time we get him some damn weapons. I didn't take any Defensive lineman in this draft cuz frankly I don't think we need to spend a draft pick on one. We have quality defensive line depth, some more might be needed but I think we can find a guy in UDFA to fill it.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Ok I accidently took a 2 1/2 hour nap earlier so I'm wide awake. I was going to wait to do my last Mock draft, but I figured what the hell. I'll probably have no time to do it on Tuesday or Wednesday anyways.

So here goes...

1. DeAndre Hopkins WR [6'1 214, Clemson]
- I'm a huge fan of Hopkins, to me he's the 1B to Tavon Austin in this draft and both are the only receivers I feel comfortable with taking in the first 20 selections. I know Rams have worked him out at least once already and reports were that they worked him out again, although in my opinion, the second workout was just the Rams doing their homework and getting to the bottom of what actually happened in Indy.

1. Manti Te'o LB [6'1 241, Notre Dame]
- I never understand it when people said this guy was a top five selection, just like I don't understand now when people say they wouldn't even have this young man on their big board. We all know he had a terrible game against Alabama, but who hasn't? Alabama has a monster offensive Line and two Running backs who are going to be starters in the NFL. Manti is still a really good football player and an exceptional leader. Move him to the weakside and your linebacking core is outstanding.

2. Robert Woods WR [6'1 201, USC]
- I'll admit, two receivers in the first two rounds could be overkill, but I want playmakers and I'm sick of asking "hmm will the Rams give Sam some weapons this offseason?" Jeff Fisher and Les Snead finally answer that question with his draft. I really wanted Justin Hunter here, but at the end of the day, what won me over with Woods was the fact that he's less likely to bust, I think you know what your going to get with him, and the fact that he can play outside and inside.

3. Montee Ball RB [5'10 214, Wisconsin]
- Montee is probably my favorite back in this class, doesn't do one thing exceptionally well, but has a really nice all around game. He has a lot of tread on his tires which is worrisome, but I don't expect him to get a full workload in St. Louis.

4. Logan Ryan CB [5'11 191, Rutgers]
- Rams have a really talented group of corners, I just worry about them staying out of trouble with little depth behind them. We've already seen Johnson get arrested, if he gets in trouble again, who's our third corner? Quinton Pointer? I actually wouldn't be surprised if corner is addressed earlier in this draft. Fisher loves his Cornerbacks.

5. Oday Aboushi OT [6'6 308, Virginia]
- This is a selection for the future. 2013 can be a "redshirt" season for Oday. I fully expect Saffold to leave after this year and when he does the Rams could just plug in Aboushi, is a classic Jeff Fisher Offensive Lineman, plays with a nasty streak.

6. Earl Wolff FS [5'11 209, North Carolina state]
- I think the Rams will resign Mikell and I believe Darian Stewart and Matt Daniels can contribute on this defense. besides Cyprien and maybe Elam, I just don't feel comfortable with any of the Safeties in this class and I'm not going to reach for one just to fill a need. Wolff can come in and compete for a starting job, made a name for himself at the east-west shrine week.

7. Eric Herman OG [6'4 320, Ohio]
- Like the Safety depth, I believe in Rok Watkins, I think he's going to be our starting Guard this season and with Chris Long restructuring his deal, that means we don't have to say bye to Harvey Dahl. Which means their isn't a massive whole on the o-line this year. If you look at Jeff Fisher's drafts, selecting an offensive lineman in the later rounds and letting them spend a year "developing" and then plug them into a starting role is something he does pretty often.

- The 2nd round selection was definitely the hardest. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see the Rams select one of the top corners. But like I said, I want playmakers and I want us to have no excuses for Sam anymore, he's a really good Quarterback and it's about time we get him some damn weapons. I didn't take any Defensive lineman in this draft cuz frankly I don't think we need to spend a draft pick on one. We have quality defensive line depth, some more might be needed but I think we can find a guy in UDFA to fill it.
Can I be totally honest with you? And I mean no disrespect...but I don't like your mock very much.

I am not totally opposed to Hopkins, but I am very confident he would be there at #22.

I absolutely do not want Teo on my team. He is off my board completely. I really like the fact that we do not have much drama on this team. Besides that, I think he is an inside-only LB. I would way rather have Brown or Ogletree.

Woods at #46 is a decent pick, but only if we do not pick a receiver in the 1st. That pick could be used on a guy like Warford, Long, Elam, Thomas...it's a wasted pick, IMO, if we have already taken Hopkins or Austin.

Montee Ball is not a bad back, but I don't see him being a great back at the next level. I would much rather have Bell, Lattimore, or maybe Christine Michael at that spot.

I actually like the rest of your picks more than the first half of your mock. Just my opinion.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:40 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Can I be totally honest with you? And I mean no disrespect...but I don't like your mock very much.

I am not totally opposed to Hopkins, but I am very confident he would be there at #22.

I absolutely do not want Teo on my team. He is off my board completely. I really like the fact that we do not have much drama on this team. Besides that, I think he is an inside-only LB. I would way rather have Brown or Ogletree.

Woods at #46 is a decent pick, but only if we do not pick a receiver in the 1st. That pick could be used on a guy like Warford, Long, Elam, Thomas...it's a wasted pick, IMO, if we have already taken Hopkins or Austin.

Montee Ball is not a bad back, but I don't see him being a great back at the next level. I would much rather have Bell, Lattimore, or maybe Christine Michael at that spot.

I actually like the rest of your picks more than the first half of your mock. Just my opinion.
I go up and down on Ogletree, I just can't talk myself into taking him with a top 25 selection. The fact that he's horrendous in the run game, not that physical and has character concerns, I don't know, if the Rams draft him we could potentially have a monster if he takes to coaching well and makes playing in the nfl his job.

Teo's leadership and his love for the game is what won me over. I also like the way he carries himself off the field, I think he's handled a tough situation the best way he could. And I think he's going to give you 110% effort every time he's on the field. He's a first round talent.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:24 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
I go up and down on Ogletree, I just can't talk myself into taking him with a top 25 selection. The fact that he's horrendous in the run game, not that physical and has character concerns, I don't know, if the Rams draft him we could potentially have a monster if he takes to coaching well and makes playing in the nfl his job.

Teo's leadership and his love for the game is what won me over. I also like the way he carries himself off the field, I think he's handled a tough situation the best way he could. And I think he's going to give you 110% effort every time he's on the field. He's a first round talent.
I think your assessments are fair on both accounts.

I have heard a lot of negatives about Ogletree, both on and off the field. Some people say he is an absolute troublemaker. That being said, I have taken to high-risk/high-reward players, and I think his ceiling is really high. To be honest, I like Brown better than both of them. I think his ceiling may not be as high as Ogletree's, but I think his knowledge and understanding of the game are clearly above Ogletree's.

With Teo, I just see a trail of reporters following him and a distraction in the making. I also think playing him outside would be a misuse of his talents. I think he would be good outside, just not his best fit.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:32 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Arizona recently said they are interested in trading for Brandon Albert. The Chiefs are asking for a 2nd round pick. Arizona's 2nd round pick is better than either of Miami's, which would lead you to believe that KC would rather deal with Arizona. This got me to thinking...is there any possibility the Rams would trade Saffold, or at least explore the idea? Wouldn't it be ironic if the Rams signed Long away from Miami and then traded their other OT to them? This is total speculation on my part. That being said, the Rams have to have had thoughts of trading Saffold, especially if they thought they could get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:49 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/footb...2644d3dd0.html

Quote:
Terron Armstead OT Arkansas-Pine Bluff
(Cahokia HS)
David Bass DE Missouri Western
(University City HS)
Terry Hawthorne CB Illinois
(East St. Louis HS)
T.J. Moe WR Missouri
(Fort Zumwalt West HS)
Brandon Williams DT Missouri Southern
(Rockwood Summit HS)
Ronnie Wingo Jr. RB Arkansas
(St. Louis University HS)

Name Position College

Keenan Allen WR California
Tavon Austin WR West Virginia
Justin Hunter WR Tennessee
Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee
Quinton Patton WR Louisiana Tech
Ace Sanders WR South Carolina
Terrance Williams WR Baylor
Johnathan Franklin RB UCLA
Mike Gillislee RB Florida
Eddie Lacy RB Alabama
Marcus Lattimore RB South Carolina
Kyle Long OG/OT Oregon
Larry Warford OG Kentucky
Hugh Thornton OG/OT Illinois
Oday Aboushi OT Virginia
D.J. Fluker OT Alabama
Menelik Watson OT Florida State
Arthur Brown LB Kansas State
Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers
Gerald Hodges LB Penn State
Sio Moore LB Connecticut
Alec Ogletree LB Georgia
Shamarko Thomas S Syracuse
The Rams "top 30" visits. Interesting that the Rams only brought in one Safety.

Other players that I've seen linked to the Rams meeting with...

Will Pericak DE
Micah Hyde CB
Nathan Williams LB
Earl Watford OT
Melvin White
Xavier Brewer CB
Josh Johnson CB
Sylvester Williams DT
Blidi Wreh-Wilson CB
Connor Vernon WR
Robert Lester S
Andre Ellington RB
Ezekiel Ansah DE
Xavier Nixon OT
Bacarri Rambo S
Vance McDonald TE
Aaron Dobson WR
Jack Doyle TE
Will Davis CB
Old 04-24-2013, 03:01 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Arizona recently said they are interested in trading for Brandon Albert. The Chiefs are asking for a 2nd round pick. Arizona's 2nd round pick is better than either of Miami's, which would lead you to believe that KC would rather deal with Arizona. This got me to thinking...is there any possibility the Rams would trade Saffold, or at least explore the idea? Wouldn't it be ironic if the Rams signed Long away from Miami and then traded their other OT to them? This is total speculation on my part. That being said, the Rams have to have had thoughts of trading Saffold, especially if they thought they could get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him.
I know Jim Thomas today said in his chat that he gives it a 33% chance that Saffold will be traded on draft day.

I actually think it's higher than that, Saffold's not really a big nasty O-lineman that Jeff Fisher loves, and with the rumors swirling that he doesn't want to play Right Tackle, to me I think it's more like 65-70% that he gets dealt.

I wouldn't take anything less than a 3rd rounder for him though.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The way things are looking, I doubt Austin is there at #16, and we may be waanting to trade up for him.
I really hope that we don't. Austin is good and would be a fine choice if available @ 16, but I don't like the idea of giving up multiple picks for a guy who will primarily be a slot receiver. I'd rather the Rams stay put or even trade down than move up for Austin.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:26 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
I really hope that we don't. Austin is good and would be a fine choice if available @ 16, but I don't like the idea of giving up multiple picks for a guy who will primarily be a slot receiver. I'd rather the Rams stay put or even trade down than move up for Austin.
With two 1st rounders it gives the Rams a lot of flexibility. Say they trade #16 and a 3rd rounder to move up for Tavon Austin and then Trade #22 to a team that's desperate to get up for one of the Quarterbacks for a late 1st or early 2nd and other picks including getting a 3rd rounder back.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:39 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

So the Rams will select who tomorrow? prediction time!
Old 04-25-2013, 08:27 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
With two 1st rounders it gives the Rams a lot of flexibility. Say they trade #16 and a 3rd rounder to move up for Tavon Austin and then Trade #22 to a team that's desperate to get up for one of the Quarterbacks for a late 1st or early 2nd and other picks including getting a 3rd rounder back.
Maybe I'm just not crazy enough about Austin for the Rams to fully endorse that. As a WVU alum, you think I would be, but I'm still hung up on his role with the Cook signing.

If you want to take him at 16, I get that. He'll be among the best players available at that point, and then you can worry about how to use him later. But trading picks away to go up and get him? I dunno, I just don't see a reason, when you could find other very capable receivers like Patterson, Hopkins, Allen, Hunter, etc in the late first.

In terms of predictions, I would probably go Vaccaro @ 16 and Hopkins @ 22. Get a versatile defensive weapon who can match up all over the field, wherever you need him. Then come back with the second pick and take a reliable outside receiver who can compete from Day One for playing time in this offense. Priorities on Day Two would then be OL and LB, where there's sure to be some value.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:58 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

I think that categorizing Austin as a slot only receiver is a huge discredit to his game. He can play from all over the field, in multiple formations, from any number of positions. In fact, I would argue that he could line up in as many places and do as many things with success as anyone in football. Just because he played the slot in college does not mean he cannot play outside. My guess is he would welcome the challenge.

In any case, you better get used to it, because we're taking him:-)
Old 04-25-2013, 12:45 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Scotts latest mock...

1. Tavon Austin
1. Matt Elam
2. Larry Watford
3. Sio Moore

I'd be hella cool with that.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

Quote:
Scotts latest mock...

1. Tavon Austin
1. Matt Elam
2. Larry Watford
3. Sio Moore

I'd be hella cool with that.

I would be happy with that.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Lots of rumors swirling around that the Rams are trying to move up to #8 to take Tavon. Just rumors so take it as you want, I'm sure we'll here a billion more!
Old 04-25-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Yeah, I have heard that a lot too. I have also been hearing that a lot of teams have been calling teams in the 22-25 range wanting to trade up, and the Rams have expressed interest in trading down from #22. I'm cool with both of those moves. I just don't want to walk away with less than 5 picks from rounds 1-4.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

Tavon Austin the newest Ram.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:14 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I'm still not crazy about trading up there, but damn, it's impossible as a Rams fan and WVU alum to not be excited right now.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Rams trade down with Atlanta, pick up an extra third and sixth round pick.

So Rams have two firsts (Tavon & 30th), two thirds, and one pick in rounds 4-6.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:10 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Yeah, so we gave up a 2 & 7, and got back a 3 & 6. And we swapped 3's with Buffalo. Kinda what I thought might happen if we moved around. I love the Tavon pick.

Now if we can get one of the early teams to trade back up into the 2nd for a QB...that would be sweet.

Cyprien, Brown still available.

Too bad we missed out on Kyle Long:-(
Closed Thread