Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-23-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
Don't like to see so many people mock Te'o to the Giants in the first round. They better not be right. I don't even want him in the 7th round, let alone the first round!

Give me an OL, DL, CB or S.

Nothing else is allowed.
I could see us going with Teo, I wouldn't be surprised at all at 19 (or if we trade back a little). I am not sure I am on board with this, but I could see ti happening.

It all comes back to his football ability and this guy can play. I think he is probably over analysed at this point and the catfish saga is taken completely out of context.

Teo reminds me a little of an Antonio Pierce type of guy. He doesn't have amazing physical tools, but they are good enough. However his real asset is reading offenses, diagnosing plays and getting other guys lined up. I get the feeling he is the kind of guy that gets more out of the other guys around him.

The other factor is other times when we have overhauled our defense, we have prioritied MLB (admittedy through vets like Pierce and Barrow).

Just remember Reese and co evaluates talent a little differently to other teams.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:44 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alonso is more of a 4th round guy. Eifert will go early. I like woods, would be fine with him in the 2nd. the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do not want a DE or Man tie Teooo. Or a DT for that matter.

Rhodes, Hayden, and Vaccaro are the guys I want. After seeing the thing on Vaccaro right now on the Path to the Draft on the NFL network, I would be pretty h...h....a...happy with him as our pick.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I do not want a DE or Man tie Teooo. Or a DT for that matter.

Rhodes, Hayden, and Vaccaro are the guys I want. After seeing the thing on Vaccaro right now on the Path to the Draft on the NFL network, I would be pretty h...h....a...happy with him as our pick.
I think it is unlikely Vaccaro makes it past 13.

Rhodes and Hayden could be gone by 19 as well as the OL and Ansah/Jordan.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:28 AM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

please god no teo...the kid is such a pity case and a teammate described "phony"

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 04:41 AM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Jarvis Jones makes it to 15 or 16, the Giants will leap frog in front of Pittsburgh. If not, the Giants stay at 19 to draft Arthur Brown.

Possible trade down options include Minnesota, the Falcons, and the 49ers.

If the Giants trade down they look at Tank Carradine, Tyler Eifert, Matt Elam, Manti Teo, Menelik Watson.
Mike Maycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:27 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, I'm officially on the Tank Carradine bandwagon. YFS convinced me.

Sounds like he won't even be there at 19 though.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want this to go down already. I'll be happy with almost anyone besides like 2 or 3 people.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Te'o is getting more and more steam and I don't like it.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:34 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Te'o is getting more and more steam and I don't like it.
The New York media would completely eat him alive.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Te'o is definitely on my list of 3 no no's. Total garbage pick from Reese.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:57 AM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Te'o is definitely on my list of 3 no no's. Total garbage pick from Reese.
I have more faith in Reese than that. I doubt he's looking at him because he knows as was mentioned earlier, the NY would destroy this already fragile and moronic kid.

I'm a little concerned about Carradine--why have you jumped on his bandwagon? it's good to see hes healthy but the guy could not beat out bjoern werner in college and was not overly productive

sig by jkpigskin

Old 04-24-2013, 09:58 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
I think it is unlikely Vaccaro makes it past 13.

Rhodes and Hayden could be gone by 19 as well as the OL and Ansah/Jordan.
then I guess I will have to see who else is in the clock.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:08 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Teo. That would ruin the draft for me.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:35 AM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I hate Teo. That would ruin the draft for me.
haha i know i despise him...nfl network reported yesterday one scout said his teammates called him a "phony"

sig by jkpigskin

Old 04-24-2013, 11:00 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugegmenfan View Post
haha i know i despise him...nfl network reported yesterday one scout said his teammates called him a "phony"
Yeah I heard that awhile ago. You can just tell. He comes off as phony to me too.

But forget all the off the field baggage for a second. Let's throw that out the window.

He's just not that good. He's instinctual, but he's not overly big or physical, he's not very fast, he's just not a 1st round linebacker to me.

Of all the linebackers, we haven't drafted a linebacker in ages, if Teo is the guy after all these years, I'm gonna be pissed. It's a bad draft pick. If you're gonna take a LB in the 1st, take Arthur Brown. He's light years better than Teo.

If Teo is the guy, I'll be very disappointed.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Arthur Brown, Sio Moore, Gerald Hodges, I mean...I can list a bunch of linebackers I rather have than Teo.

I just don't like Teo.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God if we draft Teo round 1, I would die a little on the inside. I think there would be boos as well lol.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

If we draft Teo, it just confirms my belief that our scouting department is awful at evaluating linebackers.

Bc let's be real, forget the fact that we haven't drafted one in the first round for a second, we haven't hit on our later round LBs either. Think about it, there are a ton of quality LBs we've passed on from rounds 3-5 that we could have had. And our success with the LBs we've drafted after round 1 is marginal at best.

So I question our evaluation process of linebackers, bc whoever is doing it, is not doing a very good job.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jessie armstead for lb scout
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone but Teo. I do remember a while back Reese saying that weren't turned off by Teo's off the field circus. I don't remember where the quote was from though. I thought someone posted it here. That scares me a little. My main beef with him is I do not think he's that good. Arthur Brown is much better.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:32 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

If we draft Man tie Teeo, I am going to BBD's house and stomping the yard!

God that would be brutal! I am actually liking Vaccaro more, but I want a DC to use safties like we did when Spags was here.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm surprised Jughead's Notre Dame sense hasn't tingled to tell us Manti is underrated and quite good.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:00 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

It is really hard to predict what is going to happen in the draft

there is a lot that is wide open and there will be movement.

Interestingly there is a good chance that higher rated players at our likely needs slide to #19.

I think we will see a big run on the OL and DL.

one guy who I think could slide is Dee Milliner (ironically if it happened it would be similar to Amukamara)
Old 04-25-2013, 06:18 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
It is really hard to predict what is going to happen in the draft

there is a lot that is wide open and there will be movement.

Interestingly there is a good chance that higher rated players at our likely needs slide to #19.

I think we will see a big run on the OL and DL.

one guy who I think could slide is Dee Milliner (ironically if it happened it would be similar to Amukamara)
Yeah, I saw a mock today having him fall to us at #19. If he's there, I demand that we pick him. Great value. Other guys I've seen get mocked to us is:
Tyler Eifert (why? good player, but no TE in the first round please).
Manti Te'o (No.No no no no no no. No.)
Justin Pugh by Mayock (Don't quite understand that one)
Alec Ogletree (would be happier with A.Brown to be honest)
Menelik Watson (What? In the first? I think that's too early for him)
Tank Carradine (Haven't gotten to see enough of him, but I trust you guys, so that's probably a good pick).

No Trufant though :'( I want him soo bad. He's my favorite player in this draft, along with Sharrif Floyd.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote