Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 04-19-2013, 02:52 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sell! Sell! Sell!

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 06:00 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the forum mock I picked up at 3rd from Detroit to move down to 5, they are another trade partner to keep in mind since they have a need a LT now too. Buffalo is a sleeper as well since they could move up for a LT or Geno Smith

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiderz4Life View Post
Agreed.

This year is seems the talent is pretty even across the board, not many elite prospects, so good value can be had in just about any slot.
Yeah, but that also means teams will not be inclined to part with picks when they aren't getting value in return but just filling needs. I can see getting a good offer for the #3, after that, trading back will be extremely difficult.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Yeah, but that also means teams will not be inclined to part with picks when they aren't getting value in return but just filling needs. I can see getting a good offer for the #3, after that, trading back will be extremely difficult.
I don't know about that. Remember, there are several team with multiple picks in the first two rounds. They might be inclined to jump up.
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
dra
Rookie

dra hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bolt View Post
I don't know about that. Remember, there are several team with multiple picks in the first two rounds. They might be inclined to jump up.
The key to moving down is going to be having a pick that is at the tail end of a run on a certain position. OT and CB seem to be the two positions that might allow a team to move down at the top of the draft. WR and QB might allow a team to move down later in the first round. IMO.
dra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:48 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dra View Post
The key to moving down is going to be having a pick that is at the tail end of a run on a certain position. OT and CB seem to be the two positions that might allow a team to move down at the top of the draft. WR and QB might allow a team to move down later in the first round. IMO.
Either that or finding the specific players teams want. Let's not forget we are talking about actual people who sometimes value certain players over other even at the same position.

Here are some of the players I could see teams moving up for after Raiders move down once:
Tavon Austin
The 3 OTs
Chance Warmack
Dee Milliner
Desmond Trufant
DJ Hayden
Barkevious Mingo
Cordarelle Patterson
Tyler Eifert
Kenny Vaccaro

Depending on who is left on the board and the teams you know are targeting certain players, you have targeted contract talks. Like if the Raiders drop to 7 or 12, you call up Minnesota on the phone or St Louis and sell them on Austin/Patterson. Then you call up San Francisco and sell them on Kenny Vaccaro.

Bada bing, bada boom, you know have 7 picks in the 1st 3 rounds.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:40 PM    (permalink
dra
Rookie

McClain arrested again!. (Insert grin ear to ear) Glad he is not our headache anymore.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:01 PM    (permalink
dra
Rookie

http://www.contracostatimes.com/raid...arterback-goal

Why I hope this kid can improve and win the starting job: (from the article) "Pryor is regarded as one of the hardest workers on the Raiders roster."
Old 04-22-2013, 01:46 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I've heard are good things about Pryor, and with the type of skill set he has you have to at least give the kid another year to show if he can improve his arm.

So as the draft inches closer and closer, here is my top 12 big board for us(top 12 since we could trade down to Miami)

1 Dion Jordan
2 Star Lotulelei
3 Eric Fisher
4 Luke Joeckel
5 Ziggy Ansah
6 Dee Milliner
7 Lane Johnson
8 Sheldon Richardson
9 Sharrif Floyd
10 Chance Warmack
11 Jonathan Cooper
12 Tavon Austin

I love to 2 Guards as prospects, but this team has much bigger holes to fill, especially on the dline, I don't believe in taking a guard that high unless your a team with playoff potential

My Raiders Mock

Old 04-22-2013, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Pryor never starts another game, well, I wouldn't mind a garbage game I suppose.

I want me some Dion Jordan

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
All I've heard are good things about Pryor, and with the type of skill set he has you have to at least give the kid another year to show if he can improve his arm.

So as the draft inches closer and closer, here is my top 12 big board for us(top 12 since we could trade down to Miami)

1 Dion Jordan
2 Star Lotulelei
3 Eric Fisher
4 Luke Joeckel
5 Ziggy Ansah
6 Dee Milliner
7 Lane Johnson
8 Sheldon Richardson
9 Sharrif Floyd
10 Chance Warmack
11 Jonathan Cooper
12 Tavon Austin

I love to 2 Guards as prospects, but this team has much bigger holes to fill, especially on the dline, I don't believe in taking a guard that high unless your a team with playoff potential
Good top 12, although I personally am higher on the OT's than Jordan but I'd take that all day. I love the 2 OG's as well but like you said we do have bigger holes to fill. Here would be my top 12...

1. Luke Joeckel
2. Eric Fisher
3. Dion Jordan
4. Ziggy Ansah
5. Star Lotulelei
6. Dee Millner
7. Jarvis Jones
8. Shariff Floyd
9. Chance Warmack
10. Jonathan Cooper
11. Lane Johnson
12. Barkevious Mingo
Old 04-23-2013, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donno View Post
Good top 12, although I personally am higher on the OT's than Jordan but I'd take that all day. I love the 2 OG's as well but like you said we do have bigger holes to fill. Here would be my top 12...

1. Luke Joeckel
2. Eric Fisher
3. Dion Jordan
4. Ziggy Ansah
5. Star Lotulelei
6. Dee Millner
7. Jarvis Jones
8. Shariff Floyd
9. Chance Warmack
10. Jonathan Cooper
11. Lane Johnson
12. Barkevious Mingo
I'll play.

1. Eric Fisher
2. Luke Joekel
3. Ziggy Ansah
4. Star Lotulelei
5. Dee Milliner
6. Chance Warmack
7. Lane Johnson
8. Dion Jordon
9. Geno Smith
8. Jonathon Cooper
Kaepernick is this years pat white. Thin, gimmick offense and doesn't possess an nfl arm. The ncaa constantly regurgitates clones of past players and amazingly enough, tricks some people into thinking they're better than their cloned half. Kaepernick was a complete waste of a senior bowl qb spot. A better qb will come from the east/west shrine or whatever they're calling it now...count on it

- Genius
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad we're all on the same page for the most part. Seeing Floyd in like every mock makes me want to puke but I think McKenzie is smarter than that.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:40 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I only want Floyd if we trade down some, taking him at 3 isn't worth the value. What we really need to happen is for Jacksonville/who ever picks at 2 to not draft Fisher/Joeckel. If one of those 2 falls to 3 we will be able to trade down to add picks and still get a guy we want. Detroit or Arizona come to mind as teams willing to move up, might not be able to get a 2nd from Detroit since its a small jump though.

My Raiders Mock

Old 04-24-2013, 06:52 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or, if Joeckel and Fisher go 1-2, the only top shelf LT prospect left in the draft just fell into our laps, and that could see us reap the rewards of a small bidding war.

The drop-off from Johnson to Menelik Watson is pretty steep. Some teams will say screw it, but others will see that the only probable day 1 starting LT left on the board is only available via trade, and we'll get some calls.

Rumor has it, we already have a trade in place should Fisher or Joeckel fall to 3, which I think will happen barring someone trading up to #2. But, either way, I think Johnson will provide us with a trade partner, be it AZ, Detroit, Miami, or even Philly.

I'm feeling much better about our ability to trade out of this pick now than I was a few weeks ago. I think we'll almost surely get it done.

...hopefully more than once.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:19 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How would you feel about Sheldon Richardson? Dude seems like a match made in Raider Heaven (if such a place exists).
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
dra
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
How would you feel about Sheldon Richardson? Dude seems like a match made in Raider Heaven (if such a place exists).
Not my favorite but if we get him after a trade down or two I won't be mad. Truth is any pick we make in the first round is going to be an upgrade somewhere. I'm sad to say that without Al Davis drafting for us I no longer fear we will make horrid decisions with our first pick.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

I like Richardson more than Floyd, frankly. Seems more active. Not at 3, though.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

The fact that we will get one of the three OT's falling to us is great. We are in a great position for trading out now. Like Abaddon said I feel the same way, much more optimistic of trading out. It would be great to have a 2nd round pick in this draft, especially in the higher end of it. As for Richardson I'd like it if we got him somewhere between 12-20 where ever after a trade down.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:55 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
I'd love to add him if we trade down and Star is off the board. He is ranked 2nd in my DT rankings above Floyd, even though we all know Floyd would likely be the pick if on the board in real life.

My Raiders Mock

Old 04-24-2013, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to trade down, I just don't recall it happening a whole lot with a top 3 pick so I won't get my hopes up too much.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if we take Sharrif Floyd, I will go shoot a baby deer or something.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.

Last edited by Raiderz4Life : 04-25-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
dra
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
I'd love to trade down, I just don't recall it happening a whole lot with a top 3 pick so I won't get my hopes up too much.
That is the old NFL, with the new rookie salary numbers teams will be much more willing to go up to the top 3 for players that are not QB's.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donno View Post
The fact that we will get one of the three OT's falling to us is great. We are in a great position for trading out now. Like Abaddon said I feel the same way, much more optimistic of trading out. It would be great to have a 2nd round pick in this draft, especially in the higher end of it. As for Richardson I'd like it if we got him somewhere between 12-20 where ever after a trade down.
I'd give you about a 75% chance for trading back since the demand for a LT is definitely there and I'd grab just about any reasonable offer, remembering that the 25th pick is ranked very, very close to the 4th or 5th pick, so I'm going to get a solid talent anyways plus a few extra picks. Looking at your starting team, even a second trade back would be a decent decision if it could be arranged.
Normally, I would scold any GM who trades out of the top 5 to 10 picks, but this is a very unusual draft and very deep in potential starters and trading back could really give the franchise a huge boost in its rebuilding process.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ound-one-pick/

Idk about this.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote: