Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-24-2013, 01:51 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just saw a mock on WalterFootball that had the Titans selecting:

1st: Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
2nd: D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston
3rd: Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia
3rd: Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia
4th: Brian Schwenke, C, California

This pleases me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:04 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Howzabout this one:

1ST RD: XAVIER RHODES, CB, FSU
2ND RD: ALEX OKAFOR, DE, TEXAS
3RD RD: BRIAN WINTERS, OG, KENT ST.
3RD RD: KIKO ALONSO, ILB, OREGON
4TH RD: J.J. WILCOX, S, GEORGIA SOUTHERN
I'm not a fan of Rhodes as I've already mentioned, but the rest of this draft would be make up for that selection in my opinion. Okafor is kind of the forgotten DE, I think he's a lot like Morgan in he's a solid, yet unspectacular DE that will never consistently put up double digit sacks. But he's solid against the run and could likely move inside on passing downs.

When you go to his profile, it says he's only visited with the Lions, Bengals, Steelers and Ravens. I'm sure we sent guys to Texas' pro day though
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:06 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Just saw a mock on WalterFootball that had the Titans selecting:

1st: Jonathan Cooper, OG, North Carolina
2nd: D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston
3rd: Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia
3rd: Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia
4th: Brian Schwenke, C, California

This pleases me.
As a group thats a relatively good mock, I'm not much of a fan of Bailey and I think Hayden will be gone by our selection in the 3rd. Also, not a fan of a guard at 10.

I guess we'll see how it plays out
Old 04-24-2013, 02:10 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I just don't think any case can be made that Xavier Rhodes is the 10th best football player in the draft.

I also think there is a great chance Milliner will be there.
Maybe I'm missing something, but Rhodes does not seem worthy of #10 to me either. Milliner is a better option, if they think he has no long term health issues.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 02:32 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I'm not a fan of Rhodes as I've already mentioned, but the rest of this draft would be make up for that selection in my opinion. Okafor is kind of the forgotten DE, I think he's a lot like Morgan in he's a solid, yet unspectacular DE that will never consistently put up double digit sacks. But he's solid against the run and could likely move inside on passing downs.

When you go to his profile, it says he's only visited with the Lions, Bengals, Steelers and Ravens. I'm sure we sent guys to Texas' pro day though
Maybe Milliner at 10, then it's an awesome draft to me. I agree on Okafor, he is great to me at 40. Winter's isn't my ideal G scenario, but waiting till the 3rd seems like an ideal value range. Maybe he has the tools Munch and Matthwes can work with. Kiko seems like an ok pick, but I like some other LB's that may be had later. Wilcox seems like an ideal S fit in the 4th. I could live with this draft.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Yeah, ideally there's some players I'd swap but those are all guys we've expressed interest in, and last year most of our picks were guys we were somewhat linked to.

Kiko is a very good LBer, but at the same time I don't know how much of a need LBer is, I still believe in McCarthy and would give him one more year to show he can stay healthy. however, I am all for being prepared so I'd see if I could get AJ Klein later, if I can't I'd grab another similar guy or wait until UDFA and grab a few to compete. LBer can be had deep in the draft or FA, and it still pains me that 3 of our 4 highest paid LBers are backups.

I too don't love Brian Winters, but I do think he's got everything the coaching staff would look for in a guy. You could just as easily replace him with Brian Schwenke who we have also been linked to.

Then again, I'm sure that since I looked over who we have visited with and met with, this year will be the year we take only guys we are linked to
Old 04-24-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Tennessean is saying we worked out Jonathan Banks and DJ Hayden as well. So add those guys to Milliner, Rhodes, Commings, as well as the large group of S we have worked out. Seems like we are looking to overhaul the secondary. I'm betting we pick 2, possibly even 3 secondary guys.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:07 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I think we'll at least take a CB and a S. The two more interesting guys to me on that list is Banks and Commings, because many have talked about these two as guys who may be converted from CB to S.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Kiko is a very good LBer, but at the same time I don't know how much of a need LBer is, I still believe in McCarthy and would give him one more year to show he can stay healthy. however, I am all for being prepared so I'd see if I could get AJ Klein later, if I can't I'd grab another similar guy or wait until UDFA and grab a few to compete. LBer can be had deep in the draft or FA, and it still pains me that 3 of our 4 highest paid LBers are backups.

I too don't love Brian Winters, but I do think he's got everything the coaching staff would look for in a guy. You could just as easily replace him with Brian Schwenke who we have also been linked to.
I wanted McCarthy when we got him, pretty sure my last mock had him in the 3rd or 4th for us. He's my guy too. If he is healthy, I love our LB group. With the addition of Foku, I like our depth. I think Tim Shaw is a decent LB himself.

I can in a way see a need for depth, but not a guy who would immediately push the starter for a spot. They have no guy like Ayers. So maybe a guy like Lemmonier, Washington, Chase Thomas, Jon Bostic, Trevardo Williams, or Ty Powell could fill that backup role. Gooden and Lathers are two other mid to late LB's I like, but may be more suited to back up Brown.

I watched a bit more of Winters, and I'm coming away with two things I hope are right about what I see wrong. 1) At the Sr Bowl he was playing G when he had been a LT in 2012. Maybe he wasn't as comfortable playing G as he would be with more steady reps. 2) Some technique issues just may need to be cleaned up. He was overextending some, and getting off balance. Took some false steps that got him out of position a bit. A few times his awareness seemed off, but again, he was coming from LT.

I thought about it, and he reminds me a bit of a young David Stewart. Big Country was a bit sloppy imo early on. He was aggressive and could drive block very well, just needed more control. Stewart had the size and ability, Winters seems to as well.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
The Tennessean is saying we worked out Jonathan Banks and DJ Hayden as well. So add those guys to Milliner, Rhodes, Commings, as well as the large group of S we have worked out. Seems like we are looking to overhaul the secondary. I'm betting we pick 2, possibly even 3 secondary guys.
Hayden is the guy I want. I just fear he won't be there at 40. Trade down? Trade up? He's played some press, but he has the physical ability to do it all from what I've seen. No big flaws. If the medical thing is past him, he's my #2 behind Milliner, but may be a better value pick than Milliner.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post

I thought about it, and he reminds me a bit of a young David Stewart. Big Country was a bit sloppy imo early on. He was aggressive and could drive block very well, just needed more control. Stewart had the size and ability, Winters seems to as well.
Can't argue with that comparison, if I had to compare him to someone, It'd be Richie Incognito
Old 04-24-2013, 06:19 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I think there's going to be tons of value there at #40 for CBs, thats part of why I hope we don't take one in the first, that and I'm not overly impressed with anyone there.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking more and more like Hayden isn't gonna be there with his rise into the 1st round. I like Jamar Taylor more than most, I think. Someone like that could be in play at 40 with Milliner more than likely gone at 10, and Rhodes maybe not being good value there.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:41 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
Looking more and more like Hayden isn't gonna be there with his rise into the 1st round. I like Jamar Taylor more than most, I think. Someone like that could be in play at 40 with Milliner more than likely gone at 10, and Rhodes maybe not being good value there.
Taylors a very good CB, as is Desmond Trufant. I think there's a chance 1 of them is there at 40
Old 04-24-2013, 08:01 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

A guy that's really intriguing is Tharold Simon. He's a JR that came out early, right now he's only projected as a 4th rounder. He's got good size at 6'2" 202, long arms at 32 3/4 inch and relatively good speed for his size @4.51 in the 40 (improved to 4.44-4.49 at his pro day)

He's got the length you look for in a CB, he hasn't really been asked much to play press man coverage, but he's got the size to do so. Teams challenged him a lot vertically, and he was surprisingly strong against the deep pass due to his length. He played a lot better when he was in press coverage, although he never really jammed the receiver.

I think he struggles some with burst, and sometimes can get lost on routes. I think these could get fixed relatively quickly if he was taught proper press jam technique. Due to his lack of burst, he struggled some with off man coverage
Old 04-24-2013, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

I like Taylor too, but haven't paid much attention to Simon. Taylor at 40 sounds good, if the Titans are willing to wait.

Some of the guys they've visited with are round 1 guys, others seem to be mid round guys. Does that point to waiting awhile to go for a CB if they don't get one in the first?
Old 04-24-2013, 09:11 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think we'll at least take a CB and a S. The two more interesting guys to me on that list is Banks and Commings, because many have talked about these two as guys who may be converted from CB to S.
I think we are looking at Banks and Commings as press man corners, which both of them can certainly do. It looks to me like we are going for a Seattle style defense. Munch said in an interview yesterday that we are looking for press guys because we will be blitzing more (which will be awesome with Brown and Ayers).

Quote:
I watched a bit more of Winters, and I'm coming away with two things I hope are right about what I see wrong. 1) At the Sr Bowl he was playing G when he had been a LT in 2012. Maybe he wasn't as comfortable playing G as he would be with more steady reps. 2) Some technique issues just may need to be cleaned up. He was overextending some, and getting off balance. Took some false steps that got him out of position a bit. A few times his awareness seemed off, but again, he was coming from LT.
I saw the same struggles, but I can definitely see the tools and potential for him to be a very good guard. I think when he gets comfortable with his responsibilities as a guard he can excel.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:21 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

We've brought in Rhodes, Milliner, Hayden, and Banks who are probably the top 4 press CB prospects.

We made a point to bring in Khalid Wooten, who is a late round prospect, but was noted for being the best press guy at the Senior Bowl.

We also brought in Vaccaro who the staff may view as a potential CB in a press man scheme.

Point being, we are putting a ton of effort into these press CB guys, so we are definitely going to be drafting 1 or 2.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Vacarro at CB is an interesting thought. Honestly I'd be a bit worried about his coverage abilities (who knows how he does outside?), but I like his physicality.

Here's a very interesting mock from Walterfootball :

1. DJ Fluker - Start at RG then move to RT. Seems like a possibility to me, but a reach?

2. Bjoern Werner - Could he fall this far? That'd be awesome.

3. Jordan Poyer - Not sure if he's the press guy, but hold on...

3. Bacarri Rambo - Solid SS

4. Zavier Gooden - Fast backup LB to Brown

5. Zac Stacey - Will please the fans I bet

6. Zach Rogers - ^ same

7. Khalid Wooten - There's the press CB P2W

7. Jordan Rogers - We apparetnly love guys who played in TN
Old 04-24-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

The more film I watch on Simon, the more I like him.

We've expressed a lot of interest in LSU guys, I wonder if we may end up taking one thats not on our visit list because sometimes stuff like that happens.

Scenario A
1) DE Barkevious Mingo LSU
2) WR Keenan Allen CAL
3) G/C Brian Schwenke CAL
3) SS Shamarko Thomas Syracuse
4) CB Tharold Simon LSU
5) LB Kevin Reddick NC
6) DE Devin Taylor SC
7) CB Khalid Wooten UCONN
7) OT Roger Gaines Tenn State

Scenario B
1) CB Dee Milliner Alabama
2) DE Damontre Moore Texas A&M
3) OG Brian Winters Kent State
3) WR Da'Rick Rogers Tenn tech
4) S Shawn Williams Georgia
5) CB Sanders Commings Georgia
6) DE Devin Taylor SC
7) LB Vince Williams FSU
7) DE Brandon Jenkins FSU
Old 04-24-2013, 11:42 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Vacarro at CB is an interesting thought. Honestly I'd be a bit worried about his coverage abilities (who knows how he does outside?), but I like his physicality.

Here's a very interesting mock from Walterfootball :

1. DJ Fluker - Start at RG then move to RT. Seems like a possibility to me, but a reach?

2. Bjoern Werner - Could he fall this far? That'd be awesome.

3. Jordan Poyer - Not sure if he's the press guy, but hold on...

3. Bacarri Rambo - Solid SS

4. Zavier Gooden - Fast backup LB to Brown

5. Zac Stacey - Will please the fans I bet

6. Zach Rogers - ^ same

7. Khalid Wooten - There's the press CB P2W

7. Jordan Rogers - We apparetnly love guys who played in TN
I think the Fluker reports have been a smokescreen to try to get the Chargers to jump ahead of us. I don't want anything to do with him to be honest. He's so slow out of his stance and got by way too much with his size in college, he vastly struggled against speed rushers (put on tape of him vs Quanterrus Smith I think he gave up 2 sacks and numerous hurries).

Werner, I don't see Werner getting past Detroit in round 2, unless they take a DE round 1, but still I don't see him lasting to us.

Poyer is a very good CB, but more Finnegan than a true press. I'd love to get him though.

Rambo is a little overrated, but he played FS in college. You need to project him as an NFL SS, which I think translates very well.

Gooden, great backup LB, although I'd prefer to see a WR come off the board before the good ones are all gone

I'd be fine with the last ones, but I think we could find better players if we really wanted
Old 04-24-2013, 11:58 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

I'd rather take Fluker than one of the guards because we could play him at guard this year and then slide him outside if we move on from Stewart. That's my main reason for wanting a G/T guy and Winters may qualify there as well.

That being I'm pretty certain the Fluker stuff is a smokescreen as well. If Joeckel/Fisher/Johnson go in the top 7 or so, somebody may panic and make a move for a guy like Fluker so its beneficial for us to say we like him.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:00 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
I'd rather take Fluker than one of the guards because we could play him at guard this year and then slide him outside if we move on from Stewart. That's my main reason for wanting a G/T guy and Winters may qualify there as well.

That being I'm pretty certain the Fluker stuff is a smokescreen as well. If Joeckel/Fisher/Johnson go in the top 7 or so, somebody may panic and make a move for a guy like Fluker so its beneficial for us to say we like him.
I hope so, cuz I don't think Fluker will be anything other than an average RT in this league
Old 04-25-2013, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
I think the Fluker reports have been a smokescreen to try to get the Chargers to jump ahead of us. I don't want anything to do with him to be honest. He's so slow out of his stance and got by way too much with his size in college, he vastly struggled against speed rushers (put on tape of him vs Quanterrus Smith I think he gave up 2 sacks and numerous hurries).

Werner, I don't see Werner getting past Detroit in round 2, unless they take a DE round 1, but still I don't see him lasting to us.

Poyer is a very good CB, but more Finnegan than a true press. I'd love to get him though.

Rambo is a little overrated, but he played FS in college. You need to project him as an NFL SS, which I think translates very well.

Gooden, great backup LB, although I'd prefer to see a WR come off the board before the good ones are all gone

I'd be fine with the last ones, but I think we could find better players if we really wanted
I read Fluker gave up 4 sacks all year. Doesn't sound bad if true. I do remember Smith making plays from the LDE spot, I may go watch that again. But I wonder if Fluker's athleticism is no worse than David Stewart's. I remember Stewart looking bad early on, very sluggish feet. Did they work with technique with him? I don't know, but he's been a solid pass protector. You can still see he doesn't have great feet, but I guess it's a combination of technique and size that gives him ability there. Fluker has the size, like 36.5" arms. If he is not the ideal long term RT, he looks like he's a mauler at RG. Not my favorite scenario here, but trying to see if the outside-the-box ideas being thrown around could work.

I don't think Werner goes that far either. But players always fall. Who will it be this year?

If Poyer is anything like Finny, sign him up.

I saw Rambo play deep and play at the LOS as well as blitz. He's not an old school SS, but I don't think we have to have that these days. Dpending on who's there, there are other S's I'd rather have though.

We do wait quite awhile in that mock to take a WR. I'd want someone earlier, but I can't lie I love Rogers. I think he was overshadowed.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:04 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There was a franchise that had a pick,
And Mingo was his name-o.
M-I-N-G-O!
M-I-N-G-O!
M-I-N-G-O!
And Mingo was his name-o!

I accept all your guys praise when he is our pick tomorrow.

Also, am I the only one who is interested in Amerson? I know there was talk about a corner who could convert to safety but I could see that with him if he didn't work out at CB. Yeah I know the Vols torched him...but come on it was Patterson and company. That was bound to happen.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote