Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:31 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
TitanHope said the dreaded "p" word. You're not going to lock the thread?
That's not the p-word.

***** is the p-word.

You should know that...a man your age...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:50 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

O-linemen always do well as a whole here. I always found that strange, that any none QB position would score so well in comparison to others.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:21 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure like 10% of the players actually tried to do good on the Wonderlic. It's a waste of time.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I go to UVa, and as a well ranked college... the athletes are dumb as rocks... Like really, really dumb... what your school is ranked means absolutely nothing about the intelligence of the athletes.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Yeah I've always wondered why Peppers' transcript got so much attention. Its way more common than people want to believe.

What kind of GPA do you need to stay eligible anyway? Quick mental math but I think he's a little above a 2.0 there, which is bad but good enough to stay eligible without pulling anything shady right?
I used UVa's GPA calculator and his grades come out to a 1.9... albeit UVA and UNC most likely have different grade scales. He was completely ineligible in 98'-99'.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 04-25-2013, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What kind of GPA do you need to stay eligible anyway? Quick mental math but I think he's a little above a 2.0 there, which is bad but good enough to stay eligible without pulling anything shady right?
I believe it's 2.0, but you only need a 2.3 in HS or something ridiculous to meet academic requirements for scholarships at many schools.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:54 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I'm sure like 10% of the players actually tried to do good on the Wonderlic. It's a waste of time.
Tried to do well. Superman does good.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:55 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
I go to UVa, and as a well ranked college... the athletes are dumb as rocks... Like really, really dumb... what your school is ranked means absolutely nothing about the intelligence of the athletes.
This is true at a BCS school, but I would be surprised if the Ivy leagues had special curriculum designed just for their athletes, since their athletes aren't the cash cows that they are at the big D1 programs.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 04-25-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:03 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm only 1 point smarter than a rapist...

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
This is true at a BCS school, but I would be surprised if the Ivy leagues had special curriculum designed just for their athletes, since their athletes are the cash cows that they are at the big D1 programs.
Schools like Stanford etc. have higher standards for their athletes, my neighbor and friend since childhood went to stanford on a track scholarship and she told me about the requirements being higher than what she had seen from other schools she was interested in going to like USC.
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:14 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We know, SP. We know.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:43 AM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah I've always wondered why Peppers' transcript got so much attention. Its way more common than people want to believe.

It got a lot of attention because he wasn't actually getting a 2.0 Almost all the "Bs" you see were added last minute in the spring/summer to keep him eligible and weren't real classes.
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:46 AM    (permalink
xjxdarren
Rookie

xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
Schools like Stanford etc. have higher standards for their athletes, my neighbor and friend since childhood went to stanford on a track scholarship and she told me about the requirements being higher than what she had seen from other schools she was interested in going to like USC.
I'm not too sure about the higher standard for athletes part, since not everyone on Stanford's football squad is a valedictorian like Luck and the average SAT score hovers around, I believe, the 1100-1200 range. But it's definitely safe to say that Stanford has no equals in the BCS world - not even northwestern or Vandy. Their sports program as whole has consistently been mind blowing; just look at the director's cup standing year in and year out.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After taking a real Wonderlic, I can clearly see why some of these results could be so low. 1st of all their are 50 questions, and you have only 7 minutes. If you get stumped and waste 30seconds to a minute on a question you are going to have a low score regardless. The key to the wonderlic is to read the question as fast as you can and realize if you can figure it out. If you can't figure it out to move as fast as you can to the next question. You literally cannot waste any time.
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
This is true at a BCS school, but I would be surprised if the Ivy leagues had special curriculum designed just for their athletes, since their athletes aren't the cash cows that they are at the big D1 programs.
There is some truth to that.

However, they do bend the rules when it comes to athletes at Harvard and other Ivy's or schools like the Ivy's.

The Ivy's do not offer any athletic scholarships, but they do cut corners for these athletes to come in to school there. There was a rower some friends of mine are acquainted with and he had a 1600/2400 on the SAT; he got into Harvard.

1600 isn't terrible, but its right around the national average. I don't think Harvard generally accepts kids who aren't athletes or refugees from some war-torn African country with SATs around 1600.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 04-25-2013, 12:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
There is some truth to that.

However, they do bend the rules when it comes to athletes at Harvard and other Ivy's or schools like the Ivy's.

The Ivy's do not offer any athletic scholarships, but they do cut corners for these athletes to come in to school there. There was a rower some friends of mine are acquainted with and he had a 1600/2400 on the SAT; he got into Harvard.

1600 isn't terrible, but its right around the national average. I don't think Harvard generally accepts kids who aren't athletes or refugees from some war-torn African country with SATs around 1600.
Oh most certainly the admissions are easier, but I'm just not sure Harvard would stoop so low to create speciality majors and hire B.S. faculty just for the athletic department like they do at almost all major schools.

Also, it's worth pointing out that the hardest part of the Ivy's is getting in (unless you're a Bush or something). After that it's not that much different than a school like UVA.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 04-25-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by energizerbunny View Post
After taking a real Wonderlic, I can clearly see why some of these results could be so low. 1st of all their are 50 questions, and you have only 7 minutes. If you get stumped and waste 30seconds to a minute on a question you are going to have a low score regardless. The key to the wonderlic is to read the question as fast as you can and realize if you can figure it out. If you can't figure it out to move as fast as you can to the next question. You literally cannot waste any time.
The questions are so insanely easy. It's basically an IQ test for children. If it takes you more than 30 seconds to answer any of the questions it's because you aren't very smart.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:37 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stanford football yo. Be there, and be square.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:03 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the bottom line is that when the athletic program brings in a **** ton of money for the university and also gets more applicants then everybody wins. it's not like these guys are STEM majors (and if they are, they probably aren't Julius Peppers).
robert pancake gallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert pancake gallery View Post
the bottom line is that when the athletic program brings in a **** ton of money for the university and also gets more applicants then everybody wins. it's not like these guys are STEM majors (and if they are, they probably aren't Julius Peppers).
Except the athletic program usually doesn't bring in a ton of money. Very few athletic programs can even break even without student fees or contributions from the general fund.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 04-25-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The questions are so insanely easy. It's basically an IQ test for children. If it takes you more than 30 seconds to answer any of the questions it's because you aren't very smart.
One question that always gets me is "What month has the closest amount of sunlight hours as September." I'm sure there is a way to know this, but I always just guess.

Probably the hardest question is "In printing an article of 48,000 words, a printer decides to use two sizes of type. Using the larger type, a printed page contains 1,800 words. Using smaller type, a page contains 2,400 words. The article is allotted 21 full pages in a magazine. How many pages must be in smaller type?" The answer is 17 but that is probably a 8th or 9th grade level algebra question that takes me about 90 seconds to solve. I would probably skip that one (if you are allowed) and finish it at the end if there was time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.robert pancake gallery is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Except the athletic program doesn't bring in a ton of money. Very few athletic programs can even break even.
Quote:
ATHLETIC BUDGETS

Total Revenue (millions)

1. Texas $163

2. Ohio State $142

3. Michigan $129

4. Alabama $124

5. Florida $120

6. Louisana State $114

7. Penn State $108

8. Auburn $106

9. Oklahoma $106

10. Tennessee $106

Total Expenses

1. Texas $129

2. Ohio State $116

3. Florida $111

4. Tennessee $106

5. Michigan $101

6. Wisconsin $100

7. Alabama $98

8. Oklahoma $98

9. Auburn $96

10. Louisiana State $96

Source: U.S. Department of Education
these are the extreme examples, but we're talking about the best athletic programs in the country and the best athletes in the country. and aside from just revenue/expense, you can't tell me ohio state's athletic department doesn't play a huge role in the university's overall endowment and marketability.

Last edited by robert pancake gallery : 04-25-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah not every team is profitable...unless you have alot of ticket sales(correllated to wins), have a tv contract, have alot of merchandise sales...most teams dont bring in a bunch of money.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/emdm4...xas-longhorns/

those are the top 10 most profitable
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
One question that always gets me is "What month has the closest amount of sunlight hours as September." I'm sure there is a way to know this, but I always just guess.
The Summer solstice is the sunniest day of the year, hence a "Midsummer Night's Dream" (thanks Shakespeare). This is either June 20 or 21, so March is the correct answer. That is pretty tough, however. The first time I took it I missed two (I guess, I got a 47). But anyone who gets less than half of them correct is just braindead, and I'm guessing that's the average for the players.

Old 04-25-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
robert pancake gallery
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
Yeah not every team is profitable...unless you have alot of ticket sales(correllated to wins), have a tv contract, have alot of merchandise sales...most teams dont bring in a bunch of money.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/emdm4...xas-longhorns/

those are the top 10 most profitable
you still have to reason that the athletic programs make the school a more attractive destination (i'm speaking specifically for undergraduate students).