Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-25-2013, 04:59 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Random Thoughts

Why isn't there a statistic for a quarterback's passing yards which only counts the distance traveled between the line of scrimmage and where the receiver catches it? Why don't receivers have their YAC recorded alongside their total receiving yards, or at least an average for it? It's so simple, but tells you so much about what a player is doing on the field.

I would love for the Seahawks to draft Denard Robinson and groom him to be Russell Wilson's backup. He's well-spoken, he's a hard worker, and he does have some arm talent. It all depends, but even if he doesn't make it as a quarterback, he can surely contribute somehow, and that makes him a pretty valuable prospect to me.

I was watching some EJ Manuel highlights with my friend, who doesn't follow college football, but watches the NFL religiously and is one of the most no-******** persons I know. I was telling him that Manuel succeeded Ponder at FSU and that the Vikings should draft him to replace Ponder (half-jokingly), and showing him some Manuel highlights, and he was just bashing Manuel, saying how the Vikings didn't need another running quarterback (he said the word like an insult - he knows what Ponder's 40 time was, and is jaded by the Joe Webb experiment), and said he throws just like Ponder, too - just lobs it up there. My friend demanded that I show him somebody "who can actually, you know, ******* throw the football hard," so I started showing him some Mike Glennon highlights. "**** yeah. There's a good throw. Yeah. Vikings should draft this guy. We need somebody who can just ******* throw it in there and get it to the wide receivers." So. From the mouth of someone who doesn't try to project players, but knows what an NFL quarterback needs to have in his throwing repertoire. For what it's worth, I do think Glennon has the best arm in the draft. His highlight video made me think of Tom Brady. Of course, it's a highlight video.

I feel like this is a great year to draft a bust at defensive end.

The top teams in the draft are wishing they needed offensive tackles, because the guys at the top are great, but the teams at the top don't need them. Seems like a year offensive line-needing teams might consider drafting up for a tackle. Eric Fisher is one of the best tackle prospects I think I've ever seen. He looks almost effortless.

I think this year is a grab bag of Pro Bowl wide receivers.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:16 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could you never do something like this again?

But I must concur on one random thought. Eric Fisher is the best OT prospect since Joe Thomas. He stole that spot from the great Eugene Monroe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 04-25-2013 at 05:25 AM.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:19 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
Could you never do something like this again?
Can't promise. ;-) I'm interested in what people are thinking right before the draft, regardless of the topic. Random is interesting. Everyone here has been waiting for this for a long time, and it's interesting to know what people are thinking at this moment, since the whole process of the draft is about decisions made according to the way a person thinks about football.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:04 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fisher looks effortless playing in the MAC. I get that he didn't have a choice in who he was lined up against, but we should keep that in mind.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:08 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For what it's worth (nothing) I'm with your friend on Glennon. There's definitely some flaws there but I still like how he projects.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:19 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

goddamnit i had a decent post typed out and i hit a button on my keyboard that erased all of it.

Basically, I have no idea what the hell we're going to do this year. No clue. We could go with anything: QB, OLB/DE, WR, CB. I'm scared though, more than anything. I hate the rumors I'm seeing about trading up to 3 when there's going to be a decent prospect at 6 or if we trade down.

If we draft EJ Manuel the coaching staff is going to be gone by 2016, because Banner/Lombardi are ******* idiots and will make Chud their scapegoat for their draft failure.

I shouldn't be scared, I should be excited :/

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Last edited by BuckeyeDan17 : 04-25-2013 at 11:38 AM.
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:41 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Denard Robinson wasn't a good passer before injuring his elbow. Now he has a long-term nerve issue in his elbow that affects his ability the grip the ball. I've heard that some scouts have questioned if the injury will affect his ability to even play receiver in the league.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:33 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why can't Jonathan Cooper play tackle? I'm just thinking aloud, Branden Albert was a Guard prospect who was said to have the feet to play tackle, and all you hear is Cooper applauded for athleticism and movement, but why is it no one has brought up giving him a look at tackle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:46 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Why can't Jonathan Cooper play tackle? I'm just thinking aloud, Branden Albert was a Guard prospect who was said to have the feet to play tackle, and all you hear is Cooper applauded for athleticism and movement, but why is it no one has brought up giving him a look at tackle?
Cooper is barely 6'2".
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With all due respect, if you think Denard Robinson can play QB in the NFL then you haven't watched enough Denard Robinson.
WCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
With all due respect, if you think Denard Robinson can play QB in the NFL then you haven't watched enough Denard Robinson.
Clearly, when you watch him play it's his running that pops out at you, not his arm talent. However, I don't think his arm is all that bad. I'm thinking more along the lines of "draft him, see if he looks like he could develop at quarterback, and if not, you've still got a return man and gadget player." I just like the kid and feel as willing to give him a shot as anyone else. I did make it sound like I considered him primarily a QB prospect in the OP, but I've thought of him as a RB/WR throughout this process. Mostly I mean I'm interested to see if he can play quarterback, and Russell Wilson would be the perfect teammate to try that with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Denard Robinson wasn't a good passer before injuring his elbow. Now he has a long-term nerve issue in his elbow that affects his ability the grip the ball. I've heard that some scouts have questioned if the injury will affect his ability to even play receiver in the league.
I didn't realize it was that serious. I knew he'd had some trouble with his elbow, but didn't know some people considered it career-threatening. I hope not.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 04-25-2013 at 02:18 PM.