Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post

Sapp and Brooks are mine also, greatest 1st round ever. Selmon was before my time. Mike Alstott right behind them.

Fav non Buc Marino and Barry.
Thanks for bringing up Leroy Selmon, he was great, especially in that uniform.

To my list i'd add John Hannah and Russ Francis, God forgive me for forgetting those two studs.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Smokey
Veteran

Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boy, I've got a soft spot for the great running backs of old especially Gale Sayers, Walter Payton & Barry Sanders. Like the bruisers too like Jim Brown, John Riggins, & Earl Campbell.
Smokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
Boy, I've got a soft spot for the great running backs of old especially Gale Sayers, Walter Payton & Barry Sanders. Like the bruisers too like Jim Brown, John Riggins, & Earl Campbell.
If you're old enough to remember and not just a history buff i say welcome to the club.

Just watched the story that NFLN had on John Riggins. He was more whacked than i had remembered.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Simply Keak
Rookie

Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Simply Keak is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Haas.
Simply Keak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Lions-Slappy
Rookie

Lions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairLions-Slappy is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Current favorite Calvin Johnson

All time Barry Sanders

Other: showing my age. Was a huge Steelers fan back in the day Lynn Swann & Jack Ham
Lions-Slappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:40 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:20 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a young guy who hasn't seen his team in the playoffs since he was 10 years old. I could say Jim Kelly or Thurman Thomas or Bruce Smith because they were studs, but my life as a fan has not involved them so much. My favorite Bill is probably Fred Jackson. Love the guy.

Outside of the Bills is easy pickins. Brian Dawkins and Anquan Boldin.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I used to really love watching Eric Moulds when he played for you guys.
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favorite Non-Giant of all time:

John Elway

without a doubt

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Guru
Rookie

Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Guru is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defense- Sean Taylor. Just the hardest hitter I've ever seen and his center field ability was nothing short of legendary.

Offense- Tom Brady. I just love watching him disect defenses and the way he makes the toughest position in sports look easy is simply unreal.

Special Teams- Devin Hester. Never seen a more talented return man.
Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favorite all time packers:
Chuck Cecil
Brian Williams
Sterling Sharpe
LeRoy Butler

Current:
Clay Matthews
Aaron Rodgers
Jordy Nelson
Sam Shields
Randal Cobb
Josh Sitton

All time non packers:
Warren Moon
Randal Cunningham
Ronnie Lott
John Lynch
Pat Tillman
Walter Peyton
Barry Sanders

Current non packers:
JJ Watt
Haloti Ngata
Jim Leonhard
Adrian Peterson
Cam Newton
Russel Wilson
Joe Thomas
Mike Iupati
Patrick Willis
Maurice Jones Drew

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:39 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A few off the top of my head:

Reggie White - Loved the way he just threw OL like they were nothing but still had the speed to run around them.

Deacon Jones - Elite DE before his time, 6'5 of pure nastiness. Probably the true NFL single season sack champ.

Gino Marchetti - Underrated champion

Warren Sapp - His game speaks for itself, as well as him speaking for his self.

Mike Alstott - Gotta love the A Train.

Jim Brown - A pure unstoppable force, its a shame he only won 1 championship.

Ray Lewis - I could watch this guy play or just speak all day long, powerful stuff.

Earl Campbell - If I would have played football the same time this guy did, *shutters*, would be scary. Still remember that hit Jack Tatum popped him on the way to the endzone and Earl won!

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

^
Marchetti was even before my time but the rest of those mentioned bring back some great memories.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hurray for us old guys.

I hate Sapp, but God I love those pants!
Look at those tangerine pants on Warren.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:57 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Hurray for us old guys.

I hate Sapp, but God I love those pants!
Look at those tangerine pants on Warren.
Hey Mike, Great name by the way, your only as old as you feel!

Quote:
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Jas
Veteran

Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favorite Cowboy, it's difficult to pick, you have Aikman, Emmitt and Irvin. The best trio at QB -RB -WR ever!!

But I'm gonna have to go with Larry Allen, I never saw a more dominating offensive lineman.

Non-cowboy...probably Lawrence Taylor

Last edited by Jas : 05-01-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:05 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

Here are couple more of my all time fav:

Ronnie Lott - Big hitter who was a great corner who made the switch to safety and it was a match made in heaven. A man so tough he had his finger amputated just so he can stay in a game!

Larry Csonka - Classic smashmouth power runningback. This man so violent of a runner that he got a personal foul called on him for his collision with another player! Insane!

Lawrence Taylor - His play alone speaks for itself. My favorite quote by him is, "Shuler, you better hope I don't come back 'cause I'm gonna kick your ******* ass!"

Quote:
Old 05-03-2013, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Nikolas
Rookie

Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nikolas is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Earl Campbell, without a doubt. He was the hero of my formative years. He absolutely destroyed his body for the game.
Nikolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:31 PM    (permalink
SunTzu_22
Veteran

SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SunTzu_22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favourite former Ravens:

Ed Reed (My all time favourite by a great margin.)

Ray Lewis
Jonathan Ogden
Chris McAllister
Peter Boulware
Kelly Gregg

Current Ravens:

Terrell Suggs
Torrey Smith
LaDarius Webb
Joe Flacco
Vonta Leach

Current Non Ravens:

Jared Allen
Peyton Manning
JJ Watt
Darnell Dockett
Calvin Johnson
Patrick Willis and NaVarro Bowman
Jarius Byrd
Aaron Rodgers

Former non Ravens:

Sean Taylor
Brian Dawkins
Derrick Brooks
Patrick Kerney
Shawne Merriman
Jason Taylor
Mike Alstott

And many more....

Honourable mention: Barry Sanders, Rod Woodson and Derrick Thomas. All three played before I got in to football 14 years ago, but I can spend hours just watching old tape of those guys.

Last edited by SunTzu_22 : 05-04-2013 at 05:00 AM.
SunTzu_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Derrick Thomas, Barry Sanders, and Deion Sanders..... the 3 guys chosen immediately after my Packers took
Old 05-03-2013, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Loftin
Rookie

Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Loftin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
What an odd pick for a favorite player. I see you are in College Station, so you're likely a Aggie fan, but of all the Texas A&M players in the NFL, Lane seems like a strange choice.
He is Texas A&M's all-time leader in TDs (50, I think). He may be stuck as a FB in the NFL, but in college this guy was about 40 pounds heavier and played tailback. Unreal power, defenders bounced off of him like ping pong balls. Despite his size (fluctuated between 275-305 at A&M), he was quick and had nimble feet. This guy plays football the way that I most like seeing it played.

As a rookie last year, I was glad to see him blow some people up. The more chances he gets, the more Miami fans will learn to love this guy.
Loftin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Derrick Thomas, Barry Sanders, and Deion Sanders..... the 3 guys chosen immediately after my Packers took
At least he got his life back together and I think was an okay guard for the Colts for a couple of years before retiring.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Shreckart
Rookie

Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shreckart is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadEagle View Post
Lee Roy Selmon.
My pops went to OU at the same time that Lee Roy and Dewey were playing, they were two of his favorite players ever to watch come through the program and onto the NFL. Along with Joe Washington and Jamell Holieway.

But our personal favorite... Keith Jackson from the Eagles and OU. Voted offensive player of the century at OU. Best TE I've ever watched in college (at least from replays), along with one of the most athletic.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1282765052

Look that athleticism.

First of two TDs to help us win one of our seven national titles.

Got us into the national title game, unreal catch. And random point, the kicker in this video was my dads roommate that year. Fun little fact. I've met the guy, tried to get me to be a college kicker, but instead I wanted to play college soccer.

Last edited by Shreckart : 05-04-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Shreckart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:00 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreckart View Post

Got us into the national title game, unreal catch.
The Nebraska linebacker covering Jackson in that video was also the guy drafted immediately after Barry, D.Thomas and Deion.

Broderick Thomas.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote