Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 04-23-2013, 05:25 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys....I'm scared about what Buddy Nix is about to do at #8.....

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:16 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
You should be able to watch Thursday and Friday though, right? Those don't start til 7.
I'll be at the ballpark both nights

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post

I really don't think anybody knows how this draft will play out, even the experts are stumped.

Nix has been so vehement about not taking an OG that I think it is really a possibility if non of the LT's remain.

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 04-24-2013 at 01:21 AM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
I'll be at the ballpark both nights
Are you still working for the Orioles?

Quote:

Me too.
It's a good thing I'm busy as hell today and tomorrow because it gives me less time to worry about what we're going to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 11:26 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm too much of an unconditional supporter to be nervous. I don't have a Maybin-sized reason to be so leading up to this draft. Might we be passing the franchise keys to someone not qualified to start in the NFL? Very possible, but oh well! Go Bills!
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:51 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you still working for the Orioles?
I work for the league and I'm contracted to do stats for both Mets and Yankees games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee
I'm too much of an unconditional supporter to be nervous. I don't have a Maybin-sized reason to be so leading up to this draft. Might we be passing the franchise keys to someone not qualified to start in the NFL? Very possible, but oh well! Go Bills!
I was thinking this draft may be the draft to break my camel's back but in all honestly, I'll still love my Buffalo Bills, whatever the worst that could happen (Nassib, specifically) will just add more years of pain

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:15 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
I love them too, but this run since 1999 has been rough.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-24-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Sorry Bills, it was meant to be a local-yocal New York City get-together. But it turns out I have to work a double on Saturday too, so I'll be watching the draft and checking in with you gentlemen from my beautiful corner cubicle
Ah, that sucks. I'll probably be watching out in Astoria.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being from Toronto, I've been a Bills fan since they got the franchise so I'm not about to quit now. Besides, also being a Detroit and Cleveland fan has toughened me up for sticking by weak franchises.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:56 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, how do we feel about Austin in the 1st?
I don't know what to think

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 04-25-2013, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am all for it at this point, if Nassib goes after that before they pick, it sounds like they would be happy with Barkley, who I think they would still have to trade up for, but Austin & Barkley would work IMO. I actually like the the thought of it alot.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Quote:
Buffalo has put so much smoke out there that know one knows what to think haha. For all we know we could be drafting Geno Smith this afternoon. It's fun reading the boards of other teams with them knowing that the Buffalo FO is blowing up all these different players. They know its smoke but they have to be worried because Buffalo has to choose somebody and that somebody may be who they want. I especially love the fact that we are trolling the Jets left and right.

IMO I still think a trade down is going to happen. Really, it could be anybody, as I feel this draft will be very chaotic as far as trades, though if I was putting money on it I feel like the Rams or the 49ers will make a move up. My leaning is more towards the 49ers as of late for two reasons: they have the ammo to make a move (5 picks in the first 2 days) and their team is set as is, so adding a superstar could put them over the top. If the 49ers do make a move we could see a trade similar to that of Atlanta's with Cleveland for Julio Jones; ie picks this year and next.

If we do stay put I like, well.. I have a lot of likes haha

I am down for Barkley over Nassib. I just can't put it past the fact that Barkley started so many games. His experience will allow him to win the Job from day one.

Lane Johnson would be cool with me if he falls. I like Iamcanadian's point about moving Cordy to the right side, two birds with one stone sort of deal. Plus! Everything begins in the trenches. A dominate Oline can dictate games.

Depending who falls, Dion Jordan, Barkevious Mingo, or even Ziggy Ansah would be good moves. I have recently developed a man crush on Ansah. He looks special.

Lastly, Tyler Eifert would be cool with me. Tight Ends are luxury picks, sure (Jimmy and Gronk were picked up in the 3rd and 2nd), but if we are to get a rookie QB with our next pick lets give him something special to work. Though Vance McDonald could be that guy too.

WR? I still perfer either of the Tennessee wideouts to Austin. The speed is there for all three but the size difference is definitely something to note. Not that I think Austin won't be good, we simply need more length at WR after some of our departures (no more 6-5 David Nelson).
Old 04-25-2013, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
I am all for it at this point, if Nassib goes after that before they pick, it sounds like they would be happy with Barkley, who I think they would still have to trade up for, but Austin & Barkley would work IMO. I actually like the the thought of it alot.
I tend to agree, although I'd definitely prefer a trade back and I usually hate top 10 teams that trade back, but this is such an unusual year where the 25th pick ranks very, very close to the 4th or 5th pick, so trading back would still bring in a really solid talent plus add a pick or 2.
I'm praying Nix is working the phones to accomplish this goal.

I'll say this, I could accept a lot of scenarios except taking Nassib in round 1 never mind at #8. If he falls to us in round 2, that would be fine but that's as far as I would be willing to go.

I also have some serious questions about Barkley but I wouldn'devastated if we traded back into round 1 and took him late round 1.

If we are forced to stay put, my preference would be the OL, as of now, we lost Levitre and have a LT far more suited to play RT, so any QB who starts for us will really struggle with having time to find open receivers or open up holes for Spiller.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:10 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

Bingo!!

Thank you, St. Looooouis!!
Old 04-25-2013, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessrussian View Post
Bingo!!

Thank you, St. Looooouis!!
Amen, good deal for both teams.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Mark me down as a E.J. Manuel non believer, I think we'll look back on this pick as being totally absurd 2 years from now, but that is just my opinion.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Congratulations BallerT!! I hope you are right and I am wrong :)

C'mon 2nd round...
Old 04-26-2013, 12:48 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
Congratulations BallerT!! I hope you are right and I am wrong :)

C'mon 2nd round...
Lol.....I'm extremely excited about getting EJ for our franchise. The guy is hell of a worker, all the talent in the world, and the best part??? He comes to us with Kolb here, meaning he can sit for a year and work on the small things and becoming a pro.

Also am so excited for tomorrow, # 41 and #46 and there are so many guys left that can help us at so many positions.

We make our mark tomorrow.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Justin Hunter will be a Bill.

I made this mock on another board the other day:

1. EJ Manuel, QB, FSU
2. Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
3. Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU
4. Nick Kasa, TE, Colorado
5. Zeke Motta, S, Notre Dame
6. Kyle Jusczczyk, FB, Harvard

I'm confident in all but the Mathieu selection

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

You'll have to excuse me if the Manuel pick just didn't do it for me. Great trade down but our 1st round pick just clearly shows me that Nix is a rotten talent evaluator and the franchise won't be going anywhere in the next 5 years.
Sorry guys, but it is just too tough for me to take quietly. If by chance, Manuel becomes a real franchise QB, I give you all permission to call me an idiot.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
You'll have to excuse me if the Manuel pick just didn't do it for me. Great trade down but our 1st round pick just clearly shows me that Nix is a rotten talent evaluator and the franchise won't be going anywhere in the next 5 years.
Sorry guys, but it is just too tough for me to take quietly. If by chance, Manuel becomes a real franchise QB, I give you all permission to call me an idiot.
Why does this show he's a rotten talent evaluator?
Is it because it's not where the talking heads had him going? Or is it because you don't think he's any good.

Personally, I love the pick. I'll eat crow 3 years from now if he busts. But I have confidence in Buddy, Whaley, and Marrone, who no doubt collaborated on the pick.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 07:12 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manuel was awful value, but we have to get behind him. I'll give him a fair shot.

I just want Justin Hunter today. Hunter and T'eo would probably be ideal.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:34 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Manuel was awful value, but we have to get behind him. I'll give him a fair shot.

I just want Justin Hunter today. Hunter and T'eo would probably be ideal.
It's apparent to me that Nix, Whaley, and Marrone think he's a franchise quarterback. A franchise QB at 16 is good value. They were able to trade down and still get the QB they wanted. Who gives a damn what the media thinks? They're wrong more than they're right, it seems like. If the FO likes Manuel enough to go against the media and take him at 16, then I'm behind them 100%. He's got the highest ceiling in this draft and doesn't have to start right off the bat. I'm excited to see how he turns out.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-26-2013, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Lol.....I'm extremely excited about getting EJ for our franchise. The guy is hell of a worker, all the talent in the world, and the best part??? He comes to us with Kolb here, meaning he can sit for a year and work on the small things and becoming a pro.

Also am so excited for tomorrow, # 41 and #46 and there are so many guys left that can help us at so many positions.

We make our mark tomorrow.
My initial thought was: FML... Althought I did tell my wife the good part was at least he will be allowed the chance to develop properly. Nix's legacy IMO rides on Manuel's development.
I agree that he is a hard worker, and has all the talent in the world. I saw him play in H.S. in person, and watched him in college. Personally I did not see the progression. QB's with bad vision and questionable accuracy scare me. He is a pure boom or bust developmental/project QB...
I have never wanted to be so wrong in regards to the Bills in my life...

I agree with you 100% about tom... today. They can really add two immediate starters, and even with the Manuel pick, really "make their mark". If Manuel develops and they hit their picks today, then this is a franchise changing draft. #Let us pray

Guys I would like to see in order of position and personnal preferance:
2nd Round
WR - K. Allen, R. Woods, J. Hunter
TE - Ertz
CB - J. Taylor, J. Banks (could play FS as well IMO)
S - J. Cyprien, D.J. Swearinger
OLB/DE - J. Collins, T. Carradine, D. Moore
LB - K. Greene, A. Brown, K. Minter, M. Te'o
OT - T. Arrmstead, M. Watson
G - L. Warford
NT - J. Williams
QB - R. Nassib, M. Barkley

3rd Round
TE - V. McDonald
WR - Q. Patton, T. Williams
CB - D. Slay, D. Gratz
NT - J. Jenkins

If they can come out of the 2nd round with Allen and Ertz I would be estatic. Any combination of one of those three receivers and another of those 20 guys I would be a happy camper, and yes I would even consider another QB, and just have an epic camp battle, and let Marrone sort it out...
Old 04-26-2013, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Justin Hunter will be a Bill.

I made this mock on another board the other day:

1. EJ Manuel, QB, FSU
2. Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
3. Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU
4. Nick Kasa, TE, Colorado
5. Zeke Motta, S, Notre Dame
6. Kyle Jusczczyk, FB, Harvard

I'm confident in all but the Mathieu selection
Well, you are 1 -1 so far!!
Manuel IMO is a complete swing for the fences pick, Hunter would be too. I love him outside the hashes, across the middle, not so much... He hears footsteps and gets Gator arms. I, myself would like to see Allen or Woods as I think they fit the offense better, but they seem to be swinging for the fences and Hunter would fit the running theme of the draft so far.
However I am having Crow and eggs for breakfast this morning...
I dont mind Kasa, and like Jusczcyk, not a Motta fan though.
Being an L.S.U. fan, and watching Mathieu play his entire career, I would love to have his talent in the nickel for us. Watching him talk about being a first rounder, I love the confidence, but think he believes it and is guy doing what it takes to deserve a 2nd chance, but is dilusional (I dont get a sense of genuine understanding about his situation from him, or a sense that he has been humbled very much and still has some immaturity issues to deal with) to a certain extend, and a huge relapse red flag. I hope I am wrong about him, as his feel for the game and instincts are phenominal. I dont see Nix and Co. taking him either.
Who would be your 2nd - 2nd round pick now?

Last edited by Poz51 : 04-26-2013 at 08:18 AM.
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote