Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 10:26 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Silver may have spoiled the Rams pick, if you're interested you can find it on his Twitter.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:38 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OGLETREE it is!
Old 04-25-2013, 10:40 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
My last mock before the day ends...

1) Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
1) Alec Ogletree, OLB, Georgia
2) Kyle Long, G/T, Oregon
3) Shamarko Thomas, S, Syracuse
4) Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina
5) Marquess Wilson, WR, WSU
6) Tyrann Mathieu, CB, LSU
7) Vince Williams, ILB, FSU
Well, I wonder if Fisher and Snead have been reading this board? If so, yes, I am interested in the job, and no, I don't mind relocating:-)
Old 04-25-2013, 10:49 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well, I wonder if Fisher and Snead have been reading this board? If so, yes, I am interested in the job, and no, I don't mind relocating:-)
Way to go! Good luck on getting Chicago to trade Kyle Long to us, though. ;)
Old 04-25-2013, 11:01 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's damn impressive. If you get two more right it might be one of the most impressive things I've seen in the history of the world.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:10 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who makes it all the way through the 2nd round tomorrow? We have Buffalo's pick and Atlanta's pick in the 3rd. Maybe we move up for a guy like Warford? It would be really cool if Cyprien fell. I think he is a classic case of a guy who was more popular with the draftnik community than he is with the scouts. Or maybe we pick up Warford and Shamarko Thomas or Philip Thomas. I would be happy with either of those. I also like our chances of picking up a back tomorrow. Overall, I couldn't be happier with how today went!
Old 04-25-2013, 11:13 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
That's damn impressive. If you get two more right it might be one of the most impressive things I've seen in the history of the world.
For what it's worth, my mock was for them to be taken at #16 and #22...so I was dialed in on who we liked, but my perceived value for the players left something to be desired. Then again, it was a month ago...Austin really was projected to us in the middle of the first. So yeah, could someone please get Jeff Fisher on the phone for me?
Old 04-25-2013, 11:19 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why not move up for Barrett Jones. He can play any where on the o-line.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
Old 04-25-2013, 11:25 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh I do not like Austin in this division.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:31 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Ugh I do not like Austin in this division.
You'e a Seahawk fan, right? What part of Seattle are you from? I live in Lake City.

Last edited by stlouisfan37 : 04-25-2013 at 11:38 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:37 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
I had forgotten about Barrett Jones. I'm not sure we even need to trade up for him...he might be there at #71. Although, with all the linemen that went today, I'm sure they will go fast tomorrow.

I also like Schweinke, he is a lunchpailer who could probably play all three interior spots.

However, I think when all is said and done, I would love to have Warford. He just plays like he wants to knock every defender's dick in the dirt on every play. Him and Long on the left side? How much will Lattimore love running behind that?
Old 04-25-2013, 11:43 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
So who makes it all the way through the 2nd round tomorrow? We have Buffalo's pick and Atlanta's pick in the 3rd. Maybe we move up for a guy like Warford? It would be really cool if Cyprien fell. I think he is a classic case of a guy who was more popular with the draftnik community than he is with the scouts. Or maybe we pick up Warford and Shamarko Thomas or Philip Thomas. I would be happy with either of those. I also like our chances of picking up a back tomorrow. Overall, I couldn't be happier with how today went!
Any of those three (or Cyprien if he falls) would be great Day Two selections. I love me some Philip Thomas, but Shamarko is the only safety the Rams brought in for a visit. Makes you think he could be a priority. Then again, Jim Thomas recently claimed Cyprien and JJ Wilcox were #2 and #3 on the Rams' safety board earlier this year.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
I honestly think he's there at #71 overall.

My big board....

1. Jonathan Cyprien
2. Eddie Lacy
3. Johnthan Banks
4. Jordan Poyer
5. Larry Warford
6. Montee Ball
7. DJ Swearinger
8. Phillip Thomas
9. Dallas Thomas
10. Jesse Williams

I think that would be my "big board" right now. Haven't really looked to much into it though.

Last edited by holt_bruce81 : 04-25-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:56 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I honestly think he's there at #71 overall.

My big board....

1. Jonathan Cyprien
2. Eddie Lacey
3. Johnthan Banks
4. Jordan Poyer
5. Larry Warford
6. Montee Ball
7. DJ Swearinger
8. Phillip Thomas
9. Barrett Jones
10. Dallas Thomas

I think that would be my "big board" right now. Haven't really looked to much into it though.
I always forget about Swearinger, and then you always mention him...and then I always mean to ask you about him, but I always forget to ask...what kind of player is he? Is he a baller or does he just have a cool name?

I also like Poyer, Alford, Short...man, Short could be a heck of a player next to Brockers.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:14 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I always forget about Swearinger, and then you always mention him...and then I always mean to ask you about him, but I always forget to ask...what kind of player is he? Is he a baller or does he just have a cool name?

I also like Poyer, Alford, Short...man, Short could be a heck of a player next to Brockers.
I actually moved Barrett off my board, I just don't think he's a Jeff Fisher type Offensive Lineman.

As for Swearinger, he's an in the box Safety who plays with a nasty streak, will lay you out, probably the hardest hitter in the SEC and yes that's including Matt Elam.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:16 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
I actually moved Barrett off my board, I just don't think he's a Jeff Fisher type Offensive Lineman.

As for Swearinger, he's an in the box Safety who plays with a nasty streak, will lay you out, probably the hardest hitter in the SEC and yes that's including Matt Elam.
Gotcha. Then the fact that he is a mid-rounder suggests to me that he is not great in coverage? Does he have injury concerns?
Old 04-26-2013, 12:20 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Gotcha. Then the fact that he is a mid-rounder suggests to me that he is not great in coverage? Does he have injury concerns?
I would say he's "average" in coverage, you can definitely get by with having him back there, but he needs to play more under control, way to wreckless out on the field. Goes for big hit all the time, misses more than you would like. Might hurt a defense with Flags.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:37 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
I would say he's "average" in coverage, you can definitely get by with having him back there, but he needs to play more under control, way to wreckless out on the field. Goes for big hit all the time, misses more than you would like. Might hurt a defense with Flags.
Sounds very correctable
Old 04-26-2013, 12:40 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Sounds very correctable
Oh for sure. And honestly I have all the faith in the world in this coaching staff. I've said before that I see Ogletree as a 3rd rounder with 1st round, top 20 potential, and if it were one of the previous coaching staffs I would hate the pick. But with coach Fisher, I believe he can get Tree to play up to his potential.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:01 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

All right, we'll take Swearinger with one of our 3rd rounders, and we're taking Lattimore in the 4th. Who do we take with our other 3rd? We really need a guard outta this draft.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:14 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
All right, we'll take Swearinger with one of our 3rd rounders, and we're taking Lattimore in the 4th. Who do we take with our other 3rd? We really need a guard outta this draft.
3. Swearinger
3. Lattimore
4. Dallas Thomas or Hugh Thornton
Old 04-26-2013, 01:38 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
3. Swearinger
3. Lattimore
4. Dallas Thomas or Hugh Thornton
Sounds good...and then Marquess Wilson in the 5th, and we'll finish with Mike Catapano and the Honey Badger in the 6th. And 10 years from now they will talk about the 2013 Rams the same way as they do the 1974 Steelers and the 1986 49ers.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:59 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Pre-draft, I was not a fan of trading up for Austin. But two things that have really sold me on it are:

1) Bryan Burwell wrote an article that communicated the Rams were convinced that all the players they hoped would be available at 16 (Austin, Vaccaro, Fluker, Richardson, Warmack and Cooper) would be gone, meaning they could either move down and accumulate more picks or move up and get one of the few impact players in this class.

2) Last year, the Rams elected not to move up from six and decided to wait and see if Justin Blackmon would fall to them. In the end, they were burned as Jacksonville jumped right ahead of them to grab Blackmon. Michael Silver wrote an article detailing how Jeff Fisher slammed his fist on the war room table and uttered a four letter word at losing out on Blackmon. This year, the Rams were going to be the jumpers and were going to get their guy.

Very excited about the additions of both Austin and Ogletree, especially about where the Rams got Ogletree.

holt_bruce's big board looks solid, but I almost wouldn't expect any of the first six to be there. I think the first third round pick could be a good spot for a safety - obviously Cyprien if he's there but that's unlikely, I like Philip Thomas a lot as a ballhawking free safety for this defense, the Rams brought in Shamarko Thomas as their only safety visit so he's someone to keep an eye on, Jim Thomas reported that the Rams were at one point high on JJ Wilcox so watch out for him. There should be some decent value on the offensive line and at running back there as well.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:59 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

3rd round - Shamarko Thomas S, Syracuse or DJ Swearinger S, South Carolina
3rd round - Marcus Lattimore RB, South Carolina
4th round - Terry Hawthorne CB, Illinois
5th round - Hugh Thornton OG, Illinois
6th round - Ace Sanders WR, South Carolina
6th round - David Bass DE or Oday Aboushi OT

That would be my ideal rest of the draft.

Ace Sanders, TJ Moe and Marquess Wilson are all guys the Rams have visited. 5th-7th round guys.

Last edited by holt_bruce81 : 04-26-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:00 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
Pre-draft, I was not a fan of trading up for Austin. But two things that have really sold me on it are:

1) Bryan Burwell wrote an article that communicated the Rams were convinced that all the players they hoped would be available at 16 (Austin, Vaccaro, Fluker, Richardson, Warmack and Cooper) would be gone, meaning they could either move down and accumulate more picks or move up and get one of the few impact players in this class.

2) Last year, the Rams elected not to move up from six and decided to wait and see if Justin Blackmon would fall to them. In the end, they were burned as Jacksonville jumped right ahead of them to grab Blackmon. Michael Silver wrote an article detailing how Jeff Fisher slammed his fist on the war room table and uttered a four letter word at losing out on Blackmon. This year, the Rams were going to be the jumpers and were going to get their guy.

Very excited about the additions of both Austin and Ogletree, especially about where the Rams got Ogletree.

holt_bruce's big board looks solid, but I almost wouldn't expect any of the first six to be there. I think the first third round pick could be a good spot for a safety - obviously Cyprien if he's there but that's unlikely, I like Philip Thomas a lot as a ballhawking free safety for this defense, the Rams brought in Shamarko Thomas as their only safety visit so he's someone to keep an eye on, Jim Thomas reported that the Rams were at one point high on JJ Wilcox so watch out for him. There should be some decent value on the offensive line and at running back there as well.
Yeah, I like what we did. Austin was the most explosive playmaker and we went up and got him. He was the one guy I really wanted from this draft. The fact that we were able to trade back from #22 and essentially just swapped a 2 for a 3 and a 7 for a 6, AND still got one of the 2 LB's I coveted makes me ecstatic.

I like all the picks you guys have suggested. I would really like to take Wilson because I think he is a 1st-2nd round talent that can be had on Saturday.
Closed Thread