Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 04-25-2013, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't view DT as a huge need anymore, so since Ansah and Milliner were gone, in good with Warmack.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ziggy

I wanted Star. If the Titans feel they are set at DT, I can understand that from a #'s perspective. But I also thought G is much less of a need after Levitre, and the depth looks good. BUT, I think this is about as safe a pick as you can get here. He can help the run game right away, and maybe we need to just pound the ball (TOP sucked last year and putting too much on Jake's shoulders still worries me).

So this seems like a solid pick w/o much risk or downside. He isn't the guy I was gonna do backflips for if we picked him, but the pick made me stop crying over Ziggy.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the way the board fell, and being realistic with regards to the Titans' board, Warmack is as good of a pick as we should expect. They didn't work out any available DE's privately, DT and WR didn't seem like priority picks, and the only other plausible picks were Vaccaro or one of the CBs.

I had Warmack higher than Rhodes, and wouldn't have liked taking Vaccaro. Gotta say knowing Warmack will be at RG gives me comfort.

And Reid goes before Elam! TAKE THAT PLANET EARTH! *high fives Alex*

*then crays with Alex on missing out on Reid*

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:37 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keep falling Werner, keep falling Werner, keep falling Werner.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:39 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My dad's a former o-lineman and he couldn't be more ecstatic about the pick. Said Warmack was "his guy". I think I might have to give him "the talk".
Old 04-25-2013, 11:03 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dang it! Packers just took DE Datone Jones. He was my favorite second-tier DE that I thought we might be able to steal in the 2nd Round. At 280 lbs with good speed, he would've been a great compliment to Wimbley, playing opposite of Morgan. Oh well...

Now I'm hoping we might be able to snag Tank Carradine instead.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tank...Tank...Tank...Tank...we must chant this for about another 20 hours and our dreams will come true!!!

Tank...Tank...Tank...Tank...
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:52 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This draft has definitely had some surprises thus far, but I'm liking how things are shaping up for the Titans with their 2nd Round options.

DE: Tank Carradine, Damontre Moore, Alex Okafor, Margus Hunt
DB: Jonathan Cyprien, Jonathan Banks, David Amerson (CB/S)
WR: Justin Hunter, Keenan Allen, Robert Woods, Quinton Patton

Personally, my #1 player from that list is DE Tank Carradine -- though I'd be shocked if he fell eight more picks. Still...if we left the first two rounds with Chance and Tank, I'd be very happy with this draft.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Norcal3518
Rookie

Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Norcal3518 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like the Warmack pick. Was hoping for Milliner to fall to us but oh well. I was pretty worried they were going to go DT especially since Floyd and star were still on the board. I think Warmack is a safe solid pick that will have a great impact immediately.
Norcal3518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:05 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've come to grips with the Warmack pick after a few stiff drinks. In retrospect the way the board fell in front of us was pretty tough. I wanted Star, but it was a luxury pick with Casey/Martin/SLH on board. That said, Warmack better be damn good.

For tomorrow I'd love Tank, Banks, or Cyprien. I love the receivers as well, but it just doesn't seem like we will go there. I'm hoping the next few rounds are very defense heavy.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:07 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we land both Warmack and Carradine, I will open mouth kiss this entire forum, WHETHER THEY WANT TO OR NOT!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:09 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here are my thoughts on this 2nd round:

33: Jags QB Geno Smith
34: 9ers DT Jesse Williams
35: Eagles CB Jamar Taylor
36: Lions OT Terron Armstead
37: Bengals WR Keenan Allen
38: Cards S Johnathan Cyprien
39: Jets RB Eddie Lacey

40: We can go numerous ways here, as there are tons of first round caliber players left on the board.

DE Cornelius Carradine - The apple of my eye, I don't know which would be worse, him not being there, or him being there and us not taking him.
DE Damontre Moore - I like Moore better than most, I would love to grab him in the 2nd.
LB Arthur Brown - Not a glaring need, but I think he's the best LBer in the class and a future pro bowler. He'd could compete at MLB, eventually winning and taking the job.
WR Justin Hunter - I think we've got to consider offense

Of course, if Cyprien, Taylor or Allen are available I think we have to consider them as well
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:18 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CLEVELAND JUST HAD TO GO AND RUIN EVERYTHING!

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:25 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tank has reportedly met with the 49ers, Eagles of the teams that select before us.

Moore has reportedly met with the none of the remaining teams between us.

The Jags have met with Geno Smith, Arthur Brown, Johnathan Cyprien, Sio Moore, Ryan Nassib that are projected to go in this area. Needless to say, I'd be shocked if Geno wasn't the selection.
49ers have met with Keenan Allen, Carradine, Cyprien (already took S), Zach Ertz, John Jenkins, Sio Moore, Quinton Patton, Jamar Taylor, and Robert Woods.
Eagles have met with Terron Armstead (already took T), Matt Barkley, Arthur Brown, Carradine, Cyprien, Margus Hunt, Geno Smith.
Lions have met with Justin Hunter, Alex Okafor (already took DE), Manti Teo, Robert Woods, Reid Fragel and David Amerson.
Bengals have met with Giovanni Bernard, Arthur Brown, Johnathan Cyprien, Reid Fragel, Eddie Lacey, Sam Montgomery, Geno Smith, Manti Teo, Larry Warford
Cardinals have met with Matt Barkley, Johnathan Cyprien, Ryan Nassib, Geno Smith, Marcus Wheaton. I expect a QB here if not Cyprien
Jets have met with Matt Barkley, Johnathan Cyprien, Zach Ertz, Margus Hunt, Sio Moore, Ryan Nassib, Quinton Patton, Geno Smith.

I'm expecting 2-3 QBs to go here, Cyprien and probably
Old 04-26-2013, 12:26 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
Tank...Tank...Tank...Tank...we must chant this for about another 20 hours and our dreams will come true!!!

Tank...Tank...Tank...Tank...
TANK TANK TANK TANK!
Old 04-26-2013, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, listening to the presser and they've got 4 guys up there - Munch, Webster, Matthews, and Ruskell, and they all four keep mentioning the same thing over and over....power. Rare power I think one of them called it. They said that's the number one thing that jumps out immediately and makes you take notice of the difference between someone like Warmack and your "average offensive lineman." They're practically gushing over him.

I've said ever since we signed SLH that I didn't view DT as a huge need, so I'm not upset at who we left on the board at all. Me and my cousin were watching and I called Ansah to the Lions and Milliner to the Jets as they happened, which were the two players that I was looking for. When that happened, I thought Warmack made the most sense, and that's who I would've taken if I were making the pick and the board fell that way.

Some good players left for tomorrow. I'm on board with Tank as well. Cyprien is also a definite possibility.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:50 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

I think Warmack was the best scenario if not for a trade down, I would have loved to trade down even if it did cost us Warmack, which it likely would have.

I love how other fans are blasting the pick for taking a guard so high, and it seems most fans now prefer Cooper over Warmack. I just don't see it, not that I love Warmack, but Cooper the only reason they like Cooper is his athleticism. We already have an athletic guard though, so I think a mauler was the right choice either way.

There's reports out that Carradine's knee is still questionable. He shouldn't need more surgery or anything like that, but may start the season on the PUP list.

Personally, I'm fine with that. I'd love for him to be able to start the season, but I wouldn't want to rush him back too early, knowing the player he's capable of being if he is healthy.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I have this feeling that they(our staff) think we're set at DE except for depth. I don't agree with it, but I think they may feel that way. If I had to guess, I'd say we're looking DB early tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:11 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well we worked out a **** load of DBs so I think its a pretty good bet we grab at least 1 tomorrow.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:12 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some guys I like that are available in the 2nd round are Alex Okafor, David Amerson, Keenan Allen, Justin Hunter, and Jamar Taylor.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:18 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
I have this feeling that they(our staff) think we're set at DE except for depth.
I think thats true, but I think we will address that depth soon. I think from last season we learned that Solomon and whoever the other dude was isn't going to cut it.

In this league I think you've got to have at least 3 solid DEs, we're one short right now. That doesn't mean we can't wait and hope a guy like Montgomery, Okafor is there in the 3rd. Or grab Washington, Lemonier etc in the 4th. Heck, with the right luck we can get a 5th, 6th or 7th rounder that will still upgrade the DE position.

CBs are one of the hardest positions for me to scout because I can't tell what coverage they are in a lot of the time and who made the mistake. So basically, I can't judge Johnathan Banks in how he translates to the NFL, but I wouldnt mind him at 40.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:44 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Tank Tank Tank
Old 04-26-2013, 11:49 AM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

While Tank is the #1 DEF player on my board for the 2nd Round, I wonder if we might look at a player like CB/S David Amerson. Apparently, we were very interested in Milliner, Rhodes, and Vacarro because each of them were guys who could do press-coverage. Obviously, Amerson has the CB size/experience to be a press-guy; and he could potentially move to S for us next season, if Griffin, Pollard, and/or Wilson are sent packing.

Or maybe we're hoping that we can snag CB/S Sanders Commings in the 3rd Round, as he's another guy with good size and experience in press-coverage.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

MLB dark horse pick? I tend to think not, but I also wouldn't be entirely surprised. I like Colin but you can't entirely ignore his injuries and his "I'm-gonna-guess-and-shoot-this-gap-leaving-the-middle-of-the-field-exposed" tendencies. Gun to my head, I still lean defensive back.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:18 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
While Tank is the #1 DEF player on my board for the 2nd Round, I wonder if we might look at a player like CB/S David Amerson. Apparently, we were very interested in Milliner, Rhodes, and Vacarro because each of them were guys who could do press-coverage. Obviously, Amerson has the CB size/experience to be a press-guy; and he could potentially move to S for us next season, if Griffin, Pollard, and/or Wilson are sent packing.

Or maybe we're hoping that we can snag CB/S Sanders Commings in the 3rd Round, as he's another guy with good size and experience in press-coverage.
I wouldn't be shocked by Amerson or Banks, both are good players in their own rights, both were once thought of as 1st round locks, but have fallen after mediocre seasons. I think we can get better value at different positions thought with how deep CB is this year