Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-26-2013, 12:35 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Jake Locker sucks.
Geno Smith sucks so much more. Somewhat evidenced by the fact that he's in Round 2.
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jake Locker sucks.
So replace one sucky QB with another?

Munchak has just this season. He's not rolling with a rook.

When I look at the Warmack pick I think it's a very justifiable selection. Improves the run game, and the pass protection. Plus it kind of falls into the idea of drafting to win your division. The best player in our division is J.J. Watt. Chance Warmack is going to earn his money bashing helmets with that dude.
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get labeling Jets as losers if you don't like the picks but saying we lost out on Austin when he was taken ahead of us and we had basically no control over that? Nah.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:36 AM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winners: Raiders, Bills, Cowboys, Patriots

The strength of this draft is in the day 2 talent. You win by acquiring more day 2 picks than you started with, IMO.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:36 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Geno Smith sucks so much more. Somewhat evidenced by the fact that he's in Round 2.
Yeah, because draft position really dictates how good you are in the NFL.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post

The strength of this draft is in the day 2 talent. You win by acquiring more day 2 picks than you started with, IMO.
Umm how exactly are the bills winners? They gained a 2nd and 7th rounder but then proceeded to take a 2nd round pick in the first round. To me that's losing.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:42 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
I still like Locker, the guy played injured most of last season that most QBs not named Favre wouldn't have played.

I think getting an offensive line, and getting away from Palmer will do wonders for him
Funny...that's what I heard for 4 years while he was here with the Huskies. TBH, I don't think he is much better today than he was as a 19 year old sophomore.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:43 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Funny...that's what I heard for 4 years while he was here with the Huskies. TBH, I don't think he is much better today than he was as a 19 year old sophomore.
and your point is?
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:43 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winners- Tampa Bay, Minny, Cards and Rams

Losers- Boys, Bills, Bears
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Titans are going with Levitre and Warmack over two guys who should be working at Costco. Major improvement.
That's a pretty accurate description of the Titans interior OL last year.

Warmack wasn't my first choice, but their OL is monster on paper now.

Roos - Levitre - Velasco - Warmack - Stewart
Old 04-26-2013, 12:46 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not talking about what the Titans wanted to do. When Geno is available late in the first round and you pick a quard at #10, IMO, trading back and getting Geno would've been better for the Titans. I think Locker sucks and I like Geno.

If you don't think that's the case, cool beans.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:46 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post

Getting our franchise QB and picking up pick #46.

A lot calling us losers, but I definitely am happy with it.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 04-26-2013 at 12:53 AM.
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:51 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not talking about what the Titans wanted to do. When Geno is available late in the first round and you pick a quard at #10, IMO, trading back and getting Geno would've been better for the Titans. I think Locker sucks and I like Geno.

I'm glad your not a Titans fan, I'd hate having to listen to you opinion on everything we talk about
Old 04-26-2013, 12:51 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Ah, so the Titans should have checked their crystal ball before taking Warmack at 10. Gotcha.

SP, you so crazy.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:53 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Getting our franchise QB and picking up pick #48.

A lot calling us losers, but I definitely am happy with it.
If the Bills trust in Manuel being a franchise QB, which they must, I don't see how anyone can call them losers.

I say at least the Bills had the Balls to get the guy the wanted. They could have seen no QBs coming off the board and tried to wait and jump back into the first round, but they saw the one they wanted and took him.

I see teams that are scared of taking Qbs to this day, even with the minimal contract consequences, good for the Bills for taking one
Old 04-26-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Ah, so the Titans should have checked their crystal ball before taking Warmack at 10. Gotcha.

SP, you so crazy.
I'm pretty sure you're only allowed to look at that once per draft, and they already used it to make sure that Carradine was going to be there for us round 2.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
and your point is?
For some reason, everyone wants to believe that Jake Locker will suddenly get it and become the QB they all want him to be. But the truth is that when he is finally surrounded with all the pieces and weapons and protectors, he will still leave you wondering when he will put it all together. He just isn't a very good quarterback. He didn't get much better while he was in college, and he hasn't gotten much better since he went pro. His ceiling may be through the roof, but he can't find the stairs out of the basement.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My two favorite drafts so far have been the Vikings and Rams. Vikings got three potential difference makers in Floyd, Rhodes and Patterson. Rams got two potential difference makers in Austin and Ogletree. I think Ogletree especially will excel the Rams. I love the fit.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:56 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post

SP, you so crazy.
No, but in hindsight I think they lost.

How good a draft is isn't decided by how good the pick was the moment it was sent in. I'll use hindsight if I want to.

Quote:
If the Bills trust in Manuel being a franchise QB, which they must, I don't see how anyone can call them losers.
Are we not allowed our own opinions? That's ridiculous.

I'm not going to like the Bills pick just because the they like EJ Manuel.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 04-26-2013 at 01:00 AM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:57 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I say at least the Bills had the Balls to get the guy the wanted. They could have seen no QBs coming off the board and tried to wait and jump back into the first round, but they saw the one they wanted and took him.

I see teams that are scared of taking Qbs to this day, even with the minimal contract consequences, good for the Bills for taking one
Agree.

Nix said he was our #1 QB on the list, they wanted to get their franchise QB this year to sit behind Kolb, and they did it. I like Manuel's game (besides being FSU fan) and I feel like Buffalo finally went for something for once and we'll see how it works out.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-26-2013, 01:01 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manuel was obviously the #1 QB on their board and I doubt that they just realized that this morning. Pretty good smokescreen with the Nassib/Barkley interest.

Last edited by WCH : 04-26-2013 at 01:03 AM.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:02 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
No, but in hindsight I think they lost.

How good a draft is isn't decided by how good the pick was the moment it was sent in. I'll use hindsight if I want to.
I mean, that's fine, do what you do. I just think it's silly that you think the Titans needed to draft a QB in the 1st. Especially a QB that isn't very good.

I get that you like Geno, but even if you like him, I think you'd be lying to everyone and yourself if you thought he was a good enough QB prospect for the Titans to take while Munchak is on a one year leash and while Jake Locker hasn't even made a season's worth of full starts yet.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:04 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
For some reason, everyone wants to believe that Jake Locker will suddenly get it and become the QB they all want him to be. But the truth is that when he is finally surrounded with all the pieces and weapons and protectors, he will still leave you wondering when he will put it all together. He just isn't a very good quarterback. He didn't get much better while he was in college, and he hasn't gotten much better since he went pro. His ceiling may be through the roof, but he can't find the stairs out of the basement.
I've seen enough of him to believe he can be a good QB. By the end of last season we had 1, yes 1 OL that was a starter still starting. His offensive coordinator was fired mid-season, His best WR wasn't himself due to knee inflammation, his TE was injured, his other WR wasn't putting forth effort (which resumed in trade talks) and he was injured with a significant shoulder injury.

You may not like him, and I understand that. But the guy has shown times when he's great, and you can't give up on a guy like that after 2 years in which he's started 11 games and so far in his brief NFL career he hasn't gotten a fair shot to show what he can do.

I'm not saying he's going to be a great QB, but what I can say is that the Titans current coaching staff believes in him and is trying to build a team around him to win and that he can be successful. They aren't going to bring in another rookie QB to compete with him. They'll give him every chance to prove he's the franchise QB.

So in the end, your opinion doesn't really matter to me, it doesn't matter to the coaches and it doesn't matter to Jake
Old 04-26-2013, 01:05 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All right Titans fans...retreat! SP feels our presence now.

Watch yourself, next time we'll be back...with eggs. And in honour of Locker, we will skip them to your feet and well over your head.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:06 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
Manuel was obviously the #1 QB on their board and I doubt that they just realized that this morning. Pretty good smokescreen with the Nassib/Barkley interest.

We have been sending out smokescreens like nobody's business.

SmokeScreeners of 2013 is locked up by us I believe yes?

Sig by the King BK

Quote: