Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 04-26-2013, 02:06 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I mean, that's fine, do what you do. I just think it's silly that you think the Titans needed to draft a QB in the 1st. Especially a QB that isn't very good.

I get that you like Geno, but even if you like him, I think you'd be lying to everyone and yourself if you thought he was a good enough QB prospect for the Titans to take while Munchak is on a one year leash and while Jake Locker hasn't even made a season's worth of full starts yet.
I've been on the "Locker sucks" wagon for about four years now, but I agree with you.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:08 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
No, but in hindsight I think they lost.

How good a draft is isn't decided by how good the pick was the moment it was sent in. I'll use hindsight if I want to.

Lost by getting the #1 graded player by most in the draft? Hmm. Passing on a QB that other teams obviously didn't feel the need to draft in the first. Hmm. Lost because they passed on a guy who wouldn't help the team any as a rookie to get a guy who will contribute right away, and assuming the best in contract talks, will be with the team for the next 10+ years. Hmm

Yup, glad your not a Titans fan
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:08 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Havent judged the picks of everyone but the saints had one shot this draft for an impact defender yet they got the guy who will be the worst player on what already was the worst defense of all time

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:09 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
All right Titans fans...retreat! SP feels our presence now.

Watch yourself, next time we'll be back...with eggs. And in honour of Locker, we will skip them to your feet and well over your head.

I'm retreating back to my Cornelius Carradine dreams...
Old 04-26-2013, 02:10 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
All right Titans fans...retreat! SP feels our presence now.

Watch yourself, next time we'll be back...with eggs. And in honour of Locker, we will skip them to your feet and well over your head.

Surprise ************!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightytitan9 View Post
Lost by getting the #1 graded player by most in the draft? Hmm. Passing on a QB that other teams obviously didn't feel the need to draft in the first. Hmm. Lost because they passed on a guy who wouldn't help the team any as a rookie to get a guy who will contribute right away, and assuming the best in contract talks, will be with the team for the next 10+ years. Hmm

Yup, glad your not a Titans fan
Lol, why do you care so much that I don't like the pick? Seriously, my opinion means next to nothing. I just typing my thoughts and i'm sure some people will like the pick. No need to get upset.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 04-26-2013 at 02:12 AM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:15 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I mean, that's fine, do what you do. I just think it's silly that you think the Titans needed to draft a QB in the 1st. Especially a QB that isn't very good.

I get that you like Geno, but even if you like him, I think you'd be lying to everyone and yourself if you thought he was a good enough QB prospect for the Titans to take while Munchak is on a one year leash and while Jake Locker hasn't even made a season's worth of full starts yet.
I'm not really taking that into account. I'm just talking about what I would've preferred. And if Munchak isn't making picks because he's tied to Locker, that would just prove that the man cannot be trusted!!!!

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-26-2013, 02:19 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am not a fan of the pick. But the Titans got who many consider the best player in the draft, so I guess yay for us?

The truth will come out in the 2nd round, I hate judging drafts too early.

Right now, I'd say the biggest loser is the Dolphins. Traded up for a guy I'm just not a big fan of, maybe they'll run more of a hybrid and he'll fit fine. But right now it just seems a little too much.
So just because you're not a big fan of him, we're the biggest loser. Sound reasoning there.

We traded up from 12 into the top 3 to get the top pass rusher in the draft and only had to give up one pick (42) to do it. Sounds like a win to me. Not to mention, we still have a second rounder and two thirds. I don't care how you feel about the player, but we absolutely trade-raped the crap out of Oakland.

As for the player, as far as I know, Dion will probably be used the same way Denver uses Von Miller. He'll slot in an OLB replacing Koa Misi in the starting lineup in our base 4-3 packages. And on obvious passing downs he will replace Odrick on the strongside and be a terror coming off the edge opposite All-Pro Cameron Wake.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:22 AM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
So just because you're not a big fan of him, we're the biggest loser. Sound reasoning there.

We traded up from 12 into the top 3 to get the top pass rusher in the draft and only had to give up one pick (42) to do it. Sounds like a win to me. Not to mention, we still have a second rounder and two thirds. I don't care how you feel about the player, but we absolutely trade-raped the crap out of Oakland.

As for the player, as far as I know, Dion will probably be used the same way Denver does. He'll slot in an OLB replacing Koa Misi in the starting lineup in our base 4-3 packages. And on obvious passing downs he will replace Odrick on the strongside and be a terror coming off the edge opposite All-Pro Cameron Wake.
Why do people keep saying this? There's very little evidence that supports this.

I don't think Dion Jordan is the type of player worth trading up for. That's it. Not a fan of him. Don't think he's worth a top 15 selection let alone top 3. I think it was a reach and it's worse that they traded up to reach.

Just my opinion.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:26 AM    (permalink
JohnCandy
Veteran

JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JohnCandy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Mayock has Long as the 29th rated player on his board.

Charlie Casserly has Long as a first round talent.

Mel Kiper had Long mocked to us two weeks ago.

Greg Cosell had Long as a first round talent with the potential to be the best LT in the draft 5 years from now

Those that think the Bears lost who were they suppose to pick in your eyes?

They were not winners, but they got a high potential player at a position of need.
JohnCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:33 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually really like Long, but it's a major risk and if you make that pick then it's based completely on his genetics and a projection of what you can coach him up to. I wasn't surprised to see him go where he did, given the run on OL.

It's not like he'll make the Bears OL any worse than it already is.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:34 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Between Bushrod in FA and taking Long tonite, Chicago has improved their o-line BIG TIME.

Definitely not a loser in my mind. Long is a freak athlete that has had to prove he has grown up off the field.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:39 AM    (permalink
PossibleCabbage
Pro Bowler

PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PossibleCabbage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post

Greg Cosell had Long as a first round talent with the potential to be the best LT in the draft 5 years from now

They were not winners, but they got a high potential player at a position of need.
Lots of people liked Long a lot.

I was not one of them.

Age, character, incredibly raw, lack of experience, questionable core strength. If his name was Kyle Smith, I'm not sure he'd go before Day 3, honestly.

Others can, and will disagree, but I don't like the pick. Maybe I'll be wrong and he'll end up in the hall of fame, but the point of this thread is to give opinions, right? Some of us are going to be wrong about things.

Last edited by PossibleCabbage : 04-26-2013 at 02:46 AM.
PossibleCabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:43 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs lost when they gained the Number 1 pick in this terrible draft. Not knocking Fisher, I like him, but come on.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:46 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally like the Phins move tonite.

They traded up 9 spots into the top 3, grabbed their #1 pass rusher to play opposite of Cam Wake, and did it for the price of ONE of their 2nd Rnders.

That's a win all day for them imo.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:46 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
I actually really like Long, but it's a major risk and if you make that pick then it's based completely on his genetics and a projection of what you can coach him up to. I wasn't surprised to see him go where he did, given the run on OL.

It's not like he'll make the Bears OL any worse than it already is.
You'd have to be some player to accomplish that.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-26-2013, 02:47 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
Lots of people liked Long a lot.

I was not one of them.

Age, character, incredibly raw, lack of experience. If his name was Kyle Smith, I'm not sure he'd go before Day 3, honestly.

Others can, and will disagree, but I don't like the pick.
Wow, I hadn't looked at his age. It doesn't seem like too long ago that I was reading about him as a HS baseball prospect, so I assumed he was 22-23. He turns 25 in December.

That's old for a project.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:52 AM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jags are big winners since they got a great LT and get to pick the Best QB in the draft.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:45 AM    (permalink
DrewyVuitton
Veteran

DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrewyVuitton is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys get fleeced on a trade and then reach/draft for need on a non-athletic G/C even though they're switching to a ZBS (supposedly)

Yup. I know who the biggest loser is.
DrewyVuitton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:08 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In a normal draft I think you could have argued that these two were taken too high, but people have projected them high for months.
They were projected high because some teams do stupid things. (and some fans fail to understand positional value)
Old 04-26-2013, 04:09 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I personally like the Phins move tonite.

They traded up 9 spots into the top 3, grabbed their #1 pass rusher to play opposite of Cam Wake, and did it for the price of ONE of their 2nd Rnders.

That's a win all day for them imo.
Is this a joke? The move was awful. To trade up to 3 and not take Lane Johnson is just absurd. If they wanted a pass rusher they should've stood at 12 or even moved back (or drafted Ansah). Don't see Jordan beating any NFL starting LTs one on one as a 4-3 DE. Horrible value and horrible fit. They're almost as big of a loser today as the Cowboys and Bears.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:56 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCandy View Post

Sharrif Floyd? Long is a risky pick. His off the field concerns a big and I think he was a reach in round 1.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:18 AM    (permalink
xpmar9x
Rookie

xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Losers
2. Titans (Warmack): Too high for a guard and they could've traded back and picked Geno, lol.
Dear god no, Geno Smith is awful. He's worse than Locker; and i'm not a Locker homer like most Titan fans. Munchak is fully invested in JL, if he has a good year we'll be a decent team and Munch stays. If he struggles again, we'll be in the Top-10 in '14 draft and Munch will be gone and here comes Teddy Bridgewater. 0% chance we would of taken Geno.

Personally, I wanted Star.
xpmar9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:19 AM    (permalink
xpmar9x
Rookie

xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xpmar9x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
They were projected high because some teams do stupid things. (and some fans fail to understand positional value)
Exactly, and our biggest need was RG - we fixed that need. If we waited until the 2nd there's good chance Warford is gone. You saw how many OL went in the 1st, couldn't risk waiting.
xpmar9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

Winners:
Vikings - They got potentially the best DT and the best CB all in the bottom half of the first round. I don't like Patterson, but he can at least be a great kick returner if he doesn't develop into a WR.

Steelers - Just like everyone predicted (or at least some people like walterfootball.com), the Steelers waited with their pick and got the guy they probably wanted all along, and basically had a top-10 talent fall into their lap. Jarvis Jones is the perfect 3-4 OLB for their system and the best pass rusher in this draft.

Losers:
Cowboys - This guy was a basically a second round prospect at best. I don't know what the Cowboys were thinking. They could have instead picked Matt Elam or Jonathan Cyprien and STILL picked Travis Frederick later in the draft, probably. And if they were dead-set on C in the first round, I would have taken Barrett Jones over Travis Frederick in a heartbeat.

Rams - Going into the draft with so much ammunition, and I felt as if the Rams reached for players when they could have instead really improved the quality of their team. They missed an opportunity. Tavon Austin could be good, but unless a WR is a freak of nature (6'3"+ 210lbs+) sure-fire All-Pro like Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald, I definitely do not agree on using first round picks on them. And I hate Alec Ogletree as a prospect, and ILB is not a first round worthy position either.

49ers - I feel as if they reached for a need. They overreacted to Dashon Goldson leaving in free agency. Eric Reid wasn't even the best safety on the board, and they certainly could have received more value from a different position like DT or OT, even if they didn't have a "need" there. And when it comes to DE or DT, I feel as if they *did* have a need, because outside of the older Justin Smith, they don't have much quality on the DL.

Lions - The Lions picked my #1 bust potential player in this entire draft. They are losers because of that. I feel as if they would have been better off with Damontre Moore or Bjoern Werner or even Jarvis Jones, if they wanted an outside pass rusher.

Last edited by AcheTen (Thumper) : 04-26-2013 at 08:57 AM.
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Thread Killer
Rookie

Thread Killer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Thread Killer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

AcheTen,

IMO, Travis Frederick was a solid pick at the bottom of round one. He's better than last year's Wisconsin guard Kevin Zeitler who also went at the bottom of the first round last year and played very well last year.

Tavon Austin is a freak of nature. Not sizewise like you prefer, but a player with his combination of speed and quickness is extremely rare.

And while Ogletree may have played ILB at Georgia, he's a FAR better fit as a 4-3 WLB like he will be playing with the Rams.
Thread Killer is offline   Reply With Quote