Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 04-26-2013, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
But I have confidence in Buddy, Whaley, and Marrone, who no doubt collaborated on the pick.
Initially I thought this pick had Nix finger prints all over it. I do agree however that they had to have collaborated on the pick as Marrone had to have had some agreement on chosing a QB in order to come here.

Random crap I come up with: If my quick math skills are right, the Bills and Patriots were the only teams to move down and get positive value in the trade, with the Pat's beating us (shocker, but at least we kept it close ;) ) by 2.4 points according to my interpritation of the trade value chart (using it as a tool to gauge value) and value of future and comp. related pick issues.
The Dolphins hosed the Raiders to tune of 520 pts or the value of the 38th pick (high second round), for moving up.
The Raiders clearly were desprite to move down and add any picks they could.
The 49ers ended up taking 80 pts from the Cowboys or the 107th pick (high/mid 4th round), for moving up.
The Falcons got about 9 pts from the Rams depending on how you value a future 7th, which is about the value of a middle of the 7th.
The Bills netted 7.6 points from the Rams or, roughly a middle of the 7th, for moving down.
The Patriots netted about 9 pts from the Vikings, using 2pts for the 229th pick, for moving down.
I was surprised the Rams were willing to move their 2nd rounder this year.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's apparent to me that Nix, Whaley, and Marrone think he's a franchise quarterback. A franchise QB at 16 is good value. They were able to trade down and still get the QB they wanted. Who gives a damn what the media thinks? They're wrong more than they're right, it seems like. If the FO likes Manuel enough to go against the media and take him at 16, then I'm behind them 100%. He's got the highest ceiling in this draft and doesn't have to start right off the bat. I'm excited to see how he turns out.
Well said, I am very interested to see how it turns out.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:27 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we all agree that we need to land a WR early here. Hopefully Nix is thinking the same with who is left on the board.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Woods. Good, solid pick.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woods was probably my favorite pick that could have been made there.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched Manuel's film tape very closely even before we made the pick and to be totally brutal, I saw nothing to suggest even remotely, that he could be a franchise QB someday in the NFL. In crucial situation after crucial situation, in his biggest games, he missed wide open receivers way too often. Yes, he athletic, and he is certainly big but when 31 other GM's come to the conclusion that no QB has it in this year's draft and our GM is the only one selling the idea that there are a few franchise QB's to be had,you really have to question his judgement and wonder how much of an idiot is he??
Old 04-26-2013, 07:42 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the Woods pick, and I have to research Alonso a little more for the 2nd pick there.

I know he is a better fit for the 3-4 than Brown so I understand the pick a little, and he was rising before the draft. Fills a big need as well. Alonso and Bradham in the middle of the 3-4.

EJ, Woods, and Alonso has me : ) so far.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 04-27-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll never get over Manuel till he shows me on the field that he is more than just another mediocre QB we are so familiar with in Buffalo.
Woods and Alonso are OK by me.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Back to back mediocre safeties? Someone come to my office...and bring some Kool Aid

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:44 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welcome Future Home Owners Of East Aurora and Orchard Park!

Welcome Future Renters of South Buffalo!

Old 04-27-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Back to back mediocre safeties? Someone come to my office...and bring some Kool Aid
This made me a Duke Williams fan.
It's been a while since the defense has had someone that can actually be considered a hard hitter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOgp-IZptvI

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Da'Rick Rogers is such a huge signing in terms of no risk/huge potential reward.

Everyone knows he has 1st rnd talent - but obviously he has been for lack of a better word, an idiot.

I hope to see a trio of Stevie-Woods-Da'Rick in the opening game vs. Pats.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 04-27-2013, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watch these highlights of Rogers. It's incredible.
Here's to hoping that he can get his head on straight and be a good receiver for us for years to come.

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 04-27-2013, 11:29 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty rad that we got Rogers. Lots of talent at the position, suddenly.

Now pick up James Starks, obviously.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:53 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

It took me a couple days to accept it, but I'm actually very much so looking forward to the E.J. Manuel era...it could very well turn out disastrous but to say the least, I really do like the guy as a guy and since he's wearing my colors, I want to see him succeed. Unlike recent first rounders, he seems elated to be in Buffalo and I feel comfortable putting my team's back on his shoulders...

Let's have ourselves a season, gentlemen...Go Bills

Old 04-28-2013, 01:04 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, you guys killed the draft. So jealous you landed Rogers, I kept thinking Ozzie would take him in the 6th/7th. This guy is a starter in the league and a perfect compliment to Stevie. Then you kept adding depth to the well with Woods and Goodwin. I'll come off as a homer but you'll be pleasantly surprised with Goodwin because he's been painted as just some track guy trying to play football but it was our incompetence that led to him not getting any touches. No creativity, special formations, we didn't even try. He tore up the Senior Bowl and he's a guy that all you have to do is get him the ball in space and he's a threat to score, I like that you gave Manuel some weapons to grow with.

Also Duke Williams is a steal and I've had him in my sig for awhile, he's a future starter for sure. I'm not used to Buffalo drafting really well but I think you guys did a great job here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:52 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Thanks for the analysis Longhorns. It is one thing for all of us to get excited about the draft as homers, but it nice to see an outsider with no bias saying we did good. I've been listening to McShay trash us for 3 days on ESPN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
It took me a couple days to accept it, but I'm actually very much so looking forward to the E.J. Manuel era...it could very well turn out disastrous but to say the least, I really do like the guy as a guy and since he's wearing my colors, I want to see him succeed. Unlike recent first rounders, he seems elated to be in Buffalo and I feel comfortable putting my team's back on his shoulders...

Let's have ourselves a season, gentlemen...Go Bills
Trust me, we have had some real a-hole, entitled kids at FSU over the years. With all the hype EJ has had his whole career since high school, he is as humble as they come and is truly a good kid. He works hard and everyone loved him his whole time at FSU, frustrating at times on the field, but he wants to win and he is a hard worker. We got a good one to take a chance on for our franchise QB.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:

Last edited by BallerT1215 : 04-28-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thinking is if Marrone could turn 2 star recruit Ryan Nassib into a legitimate NFL prospect what can he do with 5 star recruit EJ Manuel?

It's all up to coaching/developing now.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good chance Woods, Alonso, Hopkins start on Day 1 and I expect Goodwin, Rogers, Williams to play bigger roles as the season goes along.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

LS: Garrison Sanborn, Florida St.
P: Shawn Powell, Florida St.
K: Dustin Hopkins, Florida St.

Thought that was pretty effin cool

Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-28-2013, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if Manuel busts this draft could be very fruitful for the next guy. *shrug*

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It's apparent to me that Nix, Whaley, and Marrone think he's a franchise quarterback. A franchise QB at 16 is good value. They were able to trade down and still get the QB they wanted. Who gives a damn what the media thinks? They're wrong more than they're right, it seems like. If the FO likes Manuel enough to go against the media and take him at 16, then I'm behind them 100%. He's got the highest ceiling in this draft and doesn't have to start right off the bat. I'm excited to see how he turns out.
If they absolutely believe he is a true franchise QB, WHY didn't they draft him at #8??? Why risk trading back and hope he would still be there at #16, the only answer can be that they don't really believe it themselves and knew that he would still be there at #16 since they also knew that he was a marginal prospect who they were drafting out of desperation and that no other team was likely to jump them.

The trade back is absolute proof that they don't really believe in the guy all that much.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:45 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had originally mocked Manuel to the Bills at 8. I think they knew no one else would be taking him so they risked the trade down. The QBs in this draft were bad and chances are if the Bills don't take Manuel none of the QBs would've been first rounders.

I think Alonso will be the steal of the Bills draft. I don't like the receivers, especially Goodwin. Lots of speed, not much else. Duke Williams is a sleeper, but there's not much else after him to get excited about.

D.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Anyone else feel like they have been punked?
Smokescreens, the drafting of players with significant character concerns, and a kicker, for a second year in a row after giving the starter a extension...
Who is this Buddy Nix?, or has the D. Whaley take over begun?
Old 04-29-2013, 05:12 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poz51 View Post
Anyone else feel like they have been punked?
Smokescreens, the drafting of players with significant character concerns, and a kicker, for a second year in a row after giving the starter a extension...
Who is this Buddy Nix?, or has the D. Whaley take over begun?
What I do know is, Lindell has 0 shot up against the Golden Foot.

Sig by the King BK

Quote: