Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-26-2013, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Mike Maycock
Rookie

Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mike Maycock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is how its going to go down. When he gets to camp he'll line up at RT. Tuck will be on the other side. Ball will be snapped Pughney has a great first step i'll give him that so he'll get out there but Tuck will hit him with a stab and grab and there will be nothing Pugh could do at that point. Then Coughlin will move P-Rex inside to LG. Where he'll become a project lineman. He'll be asked to learn LG and C the next few years while he gets his weak ass stronger.

We drafted a project lineman with the 19th pick. It was a reach but that doesn't mean he won't turn out. Give it a few years and he's a good player.

Best Case scenario he's Max Unger. College tackle moved to guard then moved to center and now a top 5 center.

Worst Case... well he's cut and doesn't make the team.
Mike Maycock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey BBD,

What do you think of this? No more developmental pick now I guess.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:19 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Justin Pugh OL

This is how I want the rest of our draft to go...

2. Arthur Brown LB KSU
3. Cornelius Washington OLB/DE Georgia or David Amerson CB NCST
4. Baccari Rambo FS Georgia

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's so many players I like in the 2nd round. It's impossible for me to say who I want right now. Bc we have no idea who's gonna be on the board.

I had no idea Floyd would be there in the 1st. You just have to let the picks come to you and take it from there.

I still wish we got Floyd, but let's see how it turns out.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Hey BBD,

What do you think of this? No more developmental pick now I guess.
I like the pick. Pugh was on my list of guys I would like at 19. He wasn't my first option, but he was on my list. I would have taken Floyd, then Tank, then Rhodes, then Long before I took Pugh. So I had 4 guys rated higher than him.

But he was a guy I had on my list, and I'm fine with it. Still would have preferred the 4 guys I listed ahead of him, particularly Floyd, but again, I can't knock it.

B- grade for Reese so far.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I completely forgot that Cyprien is available. Cyprien or Swearinger would be great picks if we go safety.

If we go CB, I like a bunch of 2nd round guys.

I'm secretly hoping Arthur Brown is there for us, or Tank. I doubt either will be.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If somehow Cyprien or Brown fall to us... that would truly make the rest of my weekend.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I like the pick. Pugh was on my list of guys I would like at 19. He wasn't my first option, but he was on my list. I would have taken Floyd, then Tank, then Rhodes, then Long before I took Pugh. So I had 4 guys rated higher than him.

But he was a guy I had on my list, and I'm fine with it. Still would have preferred the 4 guys I listed ahead of him, particularly Floyd, but again, I can't knock it.

B- grade for Reese so far.
I saw his name but didn't think anything of it. I figured there were too many prospects ranked high than him so wouldn't be an issue. I thought of him as a late first rounder, early second rounder. Not from what I saw of him, but just mock drafts and what you read. So I didn't pay attention to this guy.

I was shocked to see him drafted to us. I was initially annoyed by the pick. However, having a day to read up and see his videos, I am neutral and in fact willing to see how he does. His versatility will be an asset.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no way cyprien falls to us and im worried arthur brown will not either

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS
hugegmenfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cowboys were after Justin Pugh

from kffl.com

The Dallas Cowboys were interested in selecting New York Giants OL Justin Pugh, and thought he would be on the board when they traded down from the 18th overall draft pick to the 31st overall draft pick.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=1#ixzz2RblZnDYW
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am happy with the Pugh pick. The other guys available didn't seem that great either, the first round was wide open and depended on who was there.

I the second and third rounds we should be able to target guys a little better.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tank just sitting there. AND GET IN IRC YOU JERKS.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:23 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Tank just sitting there. AND GET IN IRC YOU JERKS.
What is IRC, and how can I join you guys in there? Link?

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlueNorwegian View Post
What is IRC, and how can I join you guys in there? Link?
Hey IRC is Internet Relay Chat. It's a chatroom haha.

1. Go to gamesurge.net/chat.
2. Pick a Username
3. When signed in type /join#SWDC
4. Profit

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so. many. lb's. and. cb's. left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
so. many. lb's. and. cb's. left.
Everyone we want!!! We are sitting pretty.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-26-2013, 06:35 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

King Arthur keeps falling!

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We pass on Arthur Brown for Linval Joseph part 2, to line up next to Linval Joseph? Jerry Reese is scaring me this year

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why? Linval Joeseph may be gone soon. Apparently a lot of teams are passing on Brown. I think there is a TON of LB's on the board. We'll get one later.

I like Hankins. He will fill a good role for us.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:53 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hugegmenfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we now have 7 DTs on our roster haha

sig by jkpigskin

Old 04-26-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
hugegmenfan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
We pass on Arthur Brown for Linval Joseph part 2, to line up next to Linval Joseph? Jerry Reese is scaring me this year
stop overreacting...reese knows what he is doing. we realized that you win games in the trenches and we got beat on the line last year, so we addressed the lines of both sides. i like the pick. hankins has great upside

sig by jkpigskin

Old 04-26-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lb and cb is uber deep, so I can't go against the strategy of grabbing the trenches first. deep breathes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 06:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

There's 2 reasons why we made this pick, either

1. We're not resigning Joseph
2. We're going with 2 big bodies at DT to play the read option.

I am not a fan of this pick. I understand the reasoning behind it, but I don't like it. We had Arthur Brown and DJ Swearinger and Jamar Taylor all staring us in the face and we passed on all of them for a NT.

I don't like it. This draft is shaping up to be a poor one.

So far I would have taken:

1. Shariff Floyd
2. Arthur Brown

And we took

1. Justin Pugh
2. Jonathan Hankins
Old 04-26-2013, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I love this pick. We wanted to re-work the trenches and we have. Think about Hankins and Joseph this year to open up JPP! Also Cullen. Love this the more I think about the possibilities.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-26-2013, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

If Joseph walks we have an immediate replacement.

sig by BoneKrusher